Art Comparisons

This is what the horrible disgusting animal-like belief in a higher power gets you

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T8H334nz8DQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_2jz5qqIgU8
youtube.com/watch?v=mB-i9OkwCD4
popsugar.com/smart-living/photo-gallery/34753886/image/34787901/Kyaut-Sae-Cave-Myanmar
youtube.com/watch?v=Kq5KWLqUewc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZAD7W3M4zc
youtube.com/watch?v=8MV7aQCIFEo
youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc
youtube.com/watch?v=rgRmnmyNKaU
youtube.com/watch?v=gyWeksAo8VM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

but THIS is what the enlightened knowledge that there IS not higher power gets you.

checkmate theists ;]

ah yes, the beauty and power of greek paganism. we really should go back to that.

RETARDED (and unscientific)

enlightened

European Art is based and puts everything else to shame

ah yes, the enlightened cynicism of the atheist who is unable to admit that there may in fact be objective facts of morality and beauty

good one bro, you really showed me how useless religion is to a society.

how will I ever recover?

hnnnngh

no, we are in an enlightened age.

can't you fucking grasp how enlightened this art is?

Or are you so dumb that you don't even blindly believe the same things Niel Degrasse Tyson does? Are you that dumb of a goy?

Modern art was a mistake

it's just incompetent people trying to convey they can into art while they obviously can't as they lack any sort of talent or creativity

These canvases were like 100,000$ dollars.

Really makes you questions your line of work.

For classical provocative art you should look up Martin van Maele or Franz von Bayros.

Tom Poulton is another but he is a bit more recent

Bernini

why were they always such butterfaces back then?

be honest, how happy and thankful would you be if you paid $30 dollars to see this amazing art?

pic related

I truly think that modern art is literally because of the disbelief in higher power.

Argue however you want. Belief in higher power is the basis for hierarchy. one of those hierarchys is beauty.

you cant sculpt makeup

>those calf striations
fuaark

the only way to get to that kind of valuation is to gorge yourself with kike cock

I want to fuck that statue.

How about webbed rope... in FUCKING MARBLE.

the same fucking square
why commie art so bad?

>implying this isn't a greek trap

Went and saw that the other day. Always thought the V&A a bit shit compared to the other big London museums but it's actually great.

Pic unrelated, Henry VII's Lady Chapel at Westminster Abbey.

you can't create beautiful art without artistic freedom

BIG

I know they exist, I don't believe this is one.

How about some leaves?

Because in a society where people are said to be equal and do whatever they want shit like that happens. Not everyone is an artist and nit everyone is a talented artist

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woa woa woa guys

keep in mind, this isn't a fucking stupid as fuck 'people who believed in higher power' art thread

we must give both theists and atheists a fair shake!

it's a COMPARISON thread

Nice bum.

I dont know guys, I find art of naked women a bit degenerate.

I couldn't help chuckle when I saw the exhibits in the Middle-East section, just pretty colours with no depth

The Rafael sketches were very impressive but too poorly lit to take a good picture with a phone

WOW!

>doesnt enjoy the human form

That's crazy

>Statue fetish

My dick is rock hard rn senpai wew

Fuck off idolators.

What cathedral is that? I keep seeing that picture and it looks amazing.

This isn't just a sculpture thread is it?

Can we all agree that this is the highest form of art that was ever created?
I mean, Duchamp was his own genious obviously, but nothing he has made really comes close to this does it.

Atheist.

It's an imitation of the Greco-Roman peoples, and their art. During the renaissance, antiquity became popular again. The 20s are coming soon... could be another Roaring 20s era -- followed by another great Depression?? And another Hitler????
Cred Forums's greatest happening.

I want to fuck that statue!

Your God means nothing to a true work of art.

sculpting is the best form of art

Project mayhem when?

Have an ancient trap

You all fap over art but the few people nowadays trying to keep such traditiob alive get shat on for not going STEM

modern art is a huge money laundering business. Why else do you think paintings and sculptures can go for millions? How much it sells for is based on subjective views of it's worth, so you can put as much money as you'd like into the shittiest pieces imaginable. It's a two birds one stone thing, degrade the artistic output of a society and launder massive amounts of money at the same time

Man as drifted further from god during the time of the industrial revolution primarily during the late 18th century, people saw their lives change before their eyes and tried to make sense of this new and crude mechanical world.
Before that there was a sense of exploration, hope and enlightenment and way before that artists were constricted to painting only angels and demons or themes relating heaven or hell next to the occasional painting of someone important (king, emperor, etc).

Also this
youtube.com/watch?v=T8H334nz8DQ

we found the DNC hacker, boys

I hope she dies of her Diabetes tomorrow

Agreed, it's the most difficult to perfect of all the arts but has the potential to be the most beautiful.

some more 2d art

Maybe I have shitty eyes or maybe I was rushing a bit but I could barely see them at all.

I like some middle eastern art, but when you have that many rules about what you can depict you're never going to get a well developed culture of art.

have two young boys instead

that's because modern art is not producing anything close to this

The battle of Lutzen

I can't agree to this.

Not because I disagree that it's the highest form of art yet created, but because I have hope that the future can still hold yet better forms.

wow really got me there.

come on, prove to me that my god doesn't exist

>protip: you're going to name logical fallacies

logic is not the highest form of human understanding. logically, it is reasonable for me to want to kill you instead of me, and the same is true for you. Just because 'science' doesn't give you what you want doesn't mean you have to lash out because of your daddy complex against people who are more at peace than you.

That's some piece of truth being spoken right there. It takes some guts to pursue a career in art, but I think if anyone was actually able to produce art this beautiful, he would not have money issues.

some more sculptures because why the fuck not?

>"Art"

youtube.com/watch?v=_2jz5qqIgU8

That's because you can't go to school to learn how to make this kind of art. You go to learn how to put a tampon in a teacup and why this is amazingly enlightened.

the guy looking over his shoulder at the viewer is probably the guy who painted it. Artists often put their auto-portret in their paintings. And they look towards you as if they are breaking the 4th wall

pic unrelated but even if its shit, its one of the few paintings we have of our heroes trough history

Don't tease my BRC (Big Roman Cock)

Just wow. The way Bernini made marble look so supple like the thigh of that woman with fingers pressing in... *hnng* Truly transcendental.

wow. much beauty. such enlightenment.

why can't atheists at least agree that atheism creates shit art?

oh, it's because an atheist can not admit that there are any true hierarchies, because to do so would be believing in a higher power.

the good ol' days

tfw no qt 3.14 degenerate nymph gf

>Mass destruction and loss of life
>True work of art

Kill yourself.

This is my favourite piece of art.

it's in salisbury but unfortunately, it's faggot anglican.

Not bad, keep going

The voyage of life, youth.

art really went to shit

The voyage of life, manhood

Fucking hell.

The sheer skill of the artists who produced these things is immeasurable, if there is one important thing from the past that we have completely lost in the modern era it is the technical prowess of the artist.

You can talk all you want about the merits postmodernism, but the fact of the matter is that art of this caliber is simply not produced anymore, and it's a complete shame.

Why is that lion eating that Irishman?

Well, I've been there and it's not that glorious. But holy fuck, what a cathedral

Is that an Alma Tadema?

Thank you that means a lot.

The voyage of life, old age :(

Even the cracking of the oil over the centuries adds to the beauty.

to bad her face looks like it was hit with the marble he used to carve the statue

Voyage of life is one of my all time favorite pieces of art. Got the chance to see it in person on my trip to maryland

when art depicted the actual thing, not requiring an autistic cunt to explain how deep a red dot is

Can architecture be considered art

What was delet?

wtf I'm a #jupitermissile now

Time to kill an ox.

You are too far indoctrinated to even bother

Nobody died

John william waterhouse similar style though.
Here have an Edgar Degas.

youtube.com/watch?v=mB-i9OkwCD4

>transcendental

HA fool you believe that it's beautiful;. protip: it's actually not. This picture is REAL beauty!

booty=tickled

her face isn't even that bad you are totally overblowing it. So what, she's not a fucking model. That's the point. She's beautiful in her uniqueness. It's like the Mona Lisa.

I can't imagine what it took to remove the material to create the spaces between, under and around that complicated mess... WITHOUT SHATTERING LARGE CHUNKS OFF by accident. Like... fucking how?!

And yeah, entire buildings, nothing but massive peices of art men went to work to build for literally generations, same jobsite running for 300yrs... we just don't do that anymore.

>Hurr Christianity is responsible for that art
Jesus Christ

It really is sad. I tried following in the footsteps of the greats, but the culture is just too different now. Back then, young men would live and work under masters. Indian culture actually still has some of the master/student relationship, especially for music.

Not really. It's only that the mainstream art community give value to the most grotesque of pieces. There are still plenty of talented artists on par with great masters like Corradini, it's just that there aren't any institutions (like the Catholic Church at the time) to endorse them. Even the Louvre displaced masterpieces to give place to more "inclusive" art like African wood carved statuettes.

Pic related is an african sculpture from 300 years after Michelangelo's David, exposed in the Louvre.

Wow really got my noggin' a joggin'

Haha my dad has a wall-sized print of this hanging next to the front door... Looks kind of funny in our shitbox poverty line house, but at the same time it looks very natural hanging there

>one day ISIS is going to blow something like this up
>one day the white man will be gone and that place will become a hangout for dregs and will be covered in spray paint and liqour bottles

google "duomo siena".

remember, the last white man to leave will turn off the lights and lock the door behind him, there is no going back after that

Architecture is definitely an art. They developed style, and Graeco Roman architecture is beautiful.

Agreed

You're welcome user, I'm no art expert but my sister is studying at "Accademia delle belle arti" and I get to see a lot of her works and her friends', and I think you have some talent and definitely you have your own style which matters a lot (my sis is always complaining how she's good at imitating but she's not able to find her own style)

I hope you're joking and don't actually think that I am claiming that it's the religious belief itself instead of the belief in a higher power, and thus hierarchy, that is the cause of a belief in objective beauty.

you're such an idiot. There are no words to describe how edgy you are making yourself to be.

Maybe when you get older kid you'll understand that not all people who believe in a higher power are like your dumb daddy who wouldn't give you his car and went to church.

way to go full #enlightened by my own intellect

oh and by the way, in a theists point of view, the pictures you are posting are objective beauty, due to a higher power.

I know you can't comprehend this, but if you are an atheist you aren't allowed to think that is beautiful, philosophically.

ok then, fuck I love castles

Modern art mostly excist as money laundering scheme for rich people. It has no artistic merit. Also art turned to shit when artist stopped being masters of their craft. Its just skilless hacks now.

That African thing isn't horrible, but it in no way belongs in a museum.

mone alisa was an ugly slag.

its probably more likely that facial beauty standards changed whereas Booty and Tits are still popular because they show fertility.

that and the jew magic of make up really fucks with peoples perception of beauty.

>,

This fucking guy right here.

The original hentai artists...

If you're interested I have some pretty decent quality close ups of Bosch's garden of earthly delights. Here's a sample from my Bosch folder.

Life is more than just human life.. I can see the beauty in a nuclear explosion, I guess. It's much different from the classical works posted ITT though.

i've expected less from them honestly

In no ways it belongs to the fucking Louvre. You know that if that thing wasn't from Africa it wouldn't be in there.

A painting by user

Really made me think.

epic thread xDDD, quintessentially Cred Forums
this is also modern art, but everyone knows hyperrealism is fucking boring and uninspired.
the problem with today's art is not that it's primitive, in fact that is the point of it.
we are in an age of new primitivism and this is proved by le ebin maymays
yes, in a few decades there will be classes on memes and how a simplistic, crude drawing can be infused with more meaning then a realistic statue that someone spent 3 years making

Absolutely, it barely qualifies to be in a museum for African art, let alone the damn louvre.

the way everything looks so smooth is amazing

By the way, did someone save the pictures from the user who went to the African-American museum in Washington DC? They displayed fucking cooking pots and pans.

atheists prove how stupid they are by constantly straw manning someone who believes in higher power to being a christian. They simply cannot conceive of anything else, because they have only given a cursory thought to the deepest life questions. They simply looked at the question, looked at what was most socially acceptable at the time, and decided to believe that. No better than the christians they hate.

I can tell you haven't thought deeply on the prospect of a higher power.

Here, try this out.

Prove that beauty exists. Philosophically.

protip: you can't

even your atheist philosophers admit this.

architecture in my opinion is the most important form of art and should be regarded as such. Sculptures and paintings are nice. But if architecture is not regarded as an art, then we could have been living within an art, and instead we are living within nothingness (kind of like what atheists actually believe)

But memes only work contextually, and they die off immediately through overuse.

There can be contextual meaning to classical art, but even the average pleb with no understanding of it can walk into an art gallery and still by entranced by its beauty. Art today does not possess this quality.

shut up china

I've got a serious hard on for beautiful paintings of streets. Here's what I use as my wallpaper.

whoops, meant to quote

>implying Renaissance artists weren't homossexual atheists

hey me too now

These are unspeakably beautiful.

not that impressive

Actually most were extreamly religious

>boring and uninspired
Just because all you chinks can do is impressionistic doodles doesn't mean you have to take it out on western art.

A lot of artists nowadays have become sterilized copycapts using references and photos rather then creating from scratch through imagination. The fact that you say that means everything to me since i sacrificed a lot of opportunities to get to this point.

>architecture in my opinion is the most important form of art
It is. It's why post modernist want to destroy cities with glass. It's why Communists built such ugly buildings.

That's actually a lot more impressive if you take into account the technology required to develop the materials and equipment to pull it off.

>china only has commie architecture
>calls others boring

You've never made anything with your hands have you.

>if there is one important thing from the past that we have completely lost in the modern era it is the technical prowess of the artist.
This really. The merit of art is not art itself. Swallowing blue food coloring to turn your shit blue to make blue smeared shit is not art because they say it is. It's blue shit.
Huge chunks of marble tediously hand carved with immense skill to capture the visions in the mind is art.

>boring realism

The purpose of the Renaissance and romantic art wasn't realism, it was to capture beauty. By creating these ultra-beautiful forms, they allow people to glimpse the divine forms and to be set free from the ugliness of daily life. Just like civilization and order set us free from animalism. The creation of these scenes from mythology is an attempt to capture the higher meaning within the story and the emotion of the characters within.

This is true.
Wherever there is people hiding money, there is aweful art

Oh shit, the depressed jester.

I just now understand this.

Why are you so upset? I thought you were supposed to be calm and peaceful?

I find great beauty in the fact that humans have harnessed 1% of the power of the Sun, it moves me in the same way a beautiful work of art does.

On one side it makes me happy to see these kind of churches, just because of their aesthetic value, but on the other hand it makes me sad because it's clear how much value the church has sucked out of society over the centuries

Hitler (in his infinite wisdom) once said: We are more interested in ability than in so-called intent. An artist who is counting on having his works displayed, in this House or anywhere else in Germany, must possess ability. Intent is something that is self-evident. These windbags have tried to make their works more palatable by representing them as expressions of a new age; but they need to be told that art does not create a new age, that it is the general life of peoples which fashions itself anew and therefore often seeks to express itself anew. [ . . . ] Men of letters are not the creators of new epochs; it is the fighters, those who truly shape and lead peoples, who make history. [ . . . ] Aside from that, it is either impudent effrontery or an inscrutable stupidity to exhibit to our own age works that might have been made ten or twenty thousand years ago by a man of the Stone Age. They talk of primitive art, but they forget that it is not the function of art to retreat backward from the level of development a people has already reached. The function of art can only be to symbolize the vitality of this development.

Since we know today that the development of millions of years repeats itself in every individual but is compressed into a few decades, we have the proof that an artistic creation that does not surpass the achievement of eight-year-old children is not "modern" or even "futuristic" but is, on the contrary, highly archaic. It probably is not as developed as the art of the Stone Age period, when people scratched pictures of their environment on the walls of caves.

she has nice feet

that's just it, plebs will eat it up because they cannot grasp that true art is something more then pretty pictures. It's a form of communication, and classical art doesn't communicate well in the modern age
literally get with the times grandpa
you will never have this famed moment of catharsis because you don't live in the time these things (paintings, sculptures, music, buildings,...) were made in

problem with "le modern art may may" is 50% people not getting the point and 50% people shitting on it and ironically making bad art as to mock it
but the problem is NOT it's simplicity, trust me

>rather then creating from scratch through imagination.
You think artists didn't use models? Artists like Vermeer and Rembrandt even used complicated set-ups of mirrors and lenses to create their works

here's a more modern one then.

>Grimshaw.
My niggas.
Here'swhat i use for my wallpaper on my work computer.

>no interwebs
>no tv
>nothing to do but your glorious hobby and job
the results are amazing. im pretty sure if had an iphone that work will be 2 action figures with black and white filter and 9001 hashtags

>stitch together pieces of fabric
>attach ventilator

The patience and accuracy that these artists must have honed is just astounding to me. I've tried to learn to draw, but things always look off. Shadows are a little too dark, features are a little lopsided. Some features I lose patience with and let them remain unfinished.

There is a level of commitment and passion for these works that makes me both envious and joyful at the same time.

Are these paintings of a real girl?

>It's why post modernist want to destroy cities with glass
This. Look at this fucking monstruosity, the Fine Arts Museum Emilio Caraffa in Córdoba, Argentina. It's a neoclassical building, not that old and not that impressive either, barely over 100 years old, but just look how they fucking ruined it with that glass and metal tumor.

also stop calling me china, my flag is Morocco

very pretty, needs more snow

>mfw a brown eyed mediterranean created this masterpiece

pretty sure thats what the doctor told your mom the day you were born faggot

sculpted by mercury miners, been there its amazing

>you will never fuck the allegory of Astronomy
why live

Actually the opposite.
Art is at a skill that it has never seen before.
There is just no one paying these people to create actually nice things.

That can't be real. What movie is this?

If you have a chance to travel, go to some big, old, European cities and look at their museums and churches.

If, after that, you still have doubts about why the White race must be maintained, you should consult a psychiatrist.

I don't like that, the hyper realistic large old man makes me feel nothing but disgust that someone would make a hyper realistic large old man.

it's a balloon. we've had balloons for a millennia or more.

I know they do. I personally don't though since its a lot harder.

here have this while I scrounge around my art folder.

But you see the skill this person has.
Put money into his hand like it was done back than and he will create something beautiful.

Thats amazing an all, but I still think that sculpting something out of a giant piece of rock where a single mistake can ruin it all is more impresive than working with synthetic materials

also im counting engineering as art

art in museums loses all of it's value
context matters
i don't feel much beauty in watching a painting/sculpture behind some glass, surrounded by sweaty tourists and their whining kids

Humans are animals. There is no need to suppress out "animal like" behavior, contrary to what Christ tards think.

popsugar.com/smart-living/photo-gallery/34753886/image/34787901/Kyaut-Sae-Cave-Myanmar

Like I said in another reply- it's not just about realism. What makes the old art so inspiring is that it is beautiful, and draws on higher ideas, powers, and motifs that go above and beyond "real" into the truly beautiful

suppressing our animalism is how we created civilization.

no, he'll probably create a large old naked woman and I will be just as disgusted as I am now.

I agree with this

I would assume so, I don't know if the names of his models are known. It could all be the same girl or some sort of sameface syndrome.

The artist is William Adolphe Bouguereau, a 19th century artist. Tastes changed during his life.

This is why I love winter. Nature sets it's self up to show us true it's true beauty. There's nothing more beautiful than walking in the snow alone at night to see breath taking sites.

Think of the size of some of those marble blocks that these sculptures came from. Think of the effort that it took to quarry them back then. Think of how expensive that shit would be now even with modern quarrying techniques and methods.

You people shitting on modern artists are fucking irrational and probably just plain dumb. Artistic technical skill hasn't diminished. If anything it's probably gotten more advanced with time. The patronage is gone. But sure, just meme away with your obscure as fuck Tumblr finds of shitty art and artists and project it on them as a whole.

You kids are cynical for no reason and stupid on top of it.

Yea, could you upload them so I can download a zip or something? Sweet.

Of course it's in Myanmar.

Thanks.

Here's some more from Thomas kinkade

It's a subconscious destruction of your home. When you don't want to defend your home, you don't care what happens to it. It helps them do whatever they want.

Another one

Yeah, just googled him, apparently he was hated by the avant-guarde community.

They can hate all they want. Any group of artists who style themselves after high-casualty military formations are fucking dickheads.

Look how disgusting these modernists are!

haha just kidding. I think that glass art can be beautiful in some ways. i don't think it should be the a priori accepted best form of art

what is the largest shame of our modern age, is that when we look back at the past, we see all of this beautiful stone architecture.

WE HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO THIS

that's what's most shameful about it. We have the ability and technology to have the most beautiful stone cities. Yet we don't.

Architecture was once utilized for the glory of the nation. Sure, buildings could be made of wood cheaper. They were made of stone as a statement of the glory of the ones who made it.

Sure, 'nothing lasts forever' Sure 'we all turn to dust eventually'

If you want to think that way. Just fucking kill yourself. You are going to die anyway and life is meaningless!

why do atheists constantly straw man anyone who is spiritual or religious? Why is it you think that because I believe in a higher power I have to cuck myself? hahahaha.

you're just being an edgy contrarian. You have such a high amount of cognitive dissonance that you are unable to self reflect.

no, it's not.

Completely agreed, When I went to Italy and saw the statues I became feverish for exploring more in the art our European ancestors have left for us.

We are terribly failing them right now. I can't imagine one of these ragheads blowing up a sculpture, I would lose my mind.

prehistoric trap porn

beautiful.

How can somebody prefer modern art crap over this?

this
it's always the same decade (or more) old shit that shouldn't even be considered modern art

I went to Switzerland just to see that. It was ruined by the copious amounts of Chinese and Indians swarming it.

comin truh

We will never have beautiful works of art like this again. The world will never see a renaissance of pure talent and beauty replicated on canvas like this. This piece probably pisses someone off because they're too white and happy or whatever.

white people really made the best art hands down.

Ants have civilizations too, that means nothing.

But come on man, its totally deep, you just dont get it man

He can't create something beautiful if he doesn't believe there can be beauty, and noone will put money in his hands if they can put less money in someone who is less capable, because our society as a whole does not believe in objective beauty

art is the opposite of suppressing animal behavior. Atheists are the ones who want to suppress animal behavior. They think that belief in higher power is primitive.

p.s. not a christ believer. If I had a nickel for every atheist who straw manned me with their particular religion that they hate their daddy for.

Neat, Deus Ex concept art.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kq5KWLqUewc

piss christ is pretty funny 2bh

cloth marbling is my fetish

JUST

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZAD7W3M4zc

------------------------------------------------------

you know what? I like classic art but what worries my is that part of the classic nazi propaganda about culture (which some of you perhaps actually like)

I do not another slaughter, especially atomic slaughter.

But who I am to judge?

I can only imagine what the artist felt when he was sanding that butt to perfection

I always just assumed the largest impediment to what you are suggesting (greatest stone cities ever!), was cost. And that people have simply decided it isn't worth it. You won't see that return on investment the very next day... or, perhaps in your lifetime at all.

They can do that as well. much better than ever
People just don't pay them to create what is percieved as beautiful in a traditional way

Get rich, give him money

He will create something better than anything posted here

The issue is just that no one does it

youtube.com/watch?v=8MV7aQCIFEo

if somebody makes that stupid claim show him this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc

>be ENTJ
>wants to be artist
>dreams of making vidya (games are also art)
>dreams of becoming as good as classical artists
>too hard to make vidya already less alone making something as good as old masters works in vidya
>feel depressed
>see this thread

What about Greek and Roman music, who were famous musicians?

it still comes down to the tools, he works with synthetic materials, he can fuck up and correct it, you cant get rid of a missed cut when you work with marble

Dont get me wrong, his art is great, it just isnt as great as the old sculptures, remember OPINIONS

giving in to the values of Degeneracy ----> Degenerate expressions of art

with architecture, the whole Brutalism fad and ugly fixed concrete buildings kill me on the inside, it hurts to even look at them

>glass art beautful

aside from your pic looking like Minecraft, Glass as a building material has certain qualities that makes it lack something compared to Stone/Wood. amateur opinion: wooden cottages from olden times have "Soul" compared to sterile-but-very-functional glass modular housing being invented today

Since we're all in an artistic mood and I don't see very much photography I'm going to dump some of my favorite kinds of photos. Disaster porn.

Most will be from Chernobyl

this one is crap.

You Whites are pathetic! You have no right to take pride in something you personally didn't eve do!
Oh, but you have to accept your White guilt for how the brave race of kangz and pyramid builders was treated.

i found this:

youtube.com/watch?v=rgRmnmyNKaU

something else he made

yes, out of marble

NO, that's marble
That was the point

teh difference is KANGZ take credit for other civilizations but we're just celebrating our own :^)

I was refering to the old man sculpture, if thats marble as well then I take it back

stone sculptors exists in this day as well, you could pay one to do a nice Pieta or whatever you touch yourself to at night
that said, they probably aren't geniouses like the great artists of the past, because today such people work in more profitable fields (3d modelling, animation, movies, games...)

>what is Art Renewal Center
>Trump as president soon, no more gommieSJWlibs dominating
>(they literally said they'll flee the country)
>Europe has anti-modernist art movements in music and literature
>only a question of time when it'll show up in Sculpture, Architecture and so on

chill

thanks, Hymie. We were having basically a european art thread, you have to ruin everything for everyone right?

dude it's only beautiful because of how misogynist they were back then

I don't know if this quote is correctly attributed, because Francis Bacon essentially says the same thing.

Regardless. Yes. I too considered myself an 'atheist' in the past. Until my balls dropped and I actually had the will to face my own beliefs with ruthless honesty.

atheists simply believe in the modern faith based fallacy of science. That if something is not 'proven', then it is not true. Science is a wonderful tool, but anyone who thinks that lack of proof is proof is no better than anyone they criticize for having faith based beliefs. In most ways they are worse, which is why religion is necessary. Because all 'sheeple' will believe whatever it is they are supposed to believe, and at least the belief in religion instills a grounding in things that are beneficial to society. I don't believe any religion can be truth unto itself, even if only because interpretations of language itself changes over time, so what was once obvious can become fallacious.

Not to mention I think anyone who refuses to study religions is grievously lacking in the fundamental thirst for knowledge which all white men have and which defines them as being white.

Honest question; what do you think of Specialist realism art?

there is no higher power than the consensus of the majority, and no greater being than the one who can control the consensus.

you're not very smart, are you?

you should kys mr emju

more disaster stuff

Cred Forums is a low-IQ board

>I hope you're joking and don't actually think that I am claiming that it's the religious belief itself instead of the belief in a higher power, and thus hierarchy, that is the cause of a belief in objective beauty.

yeah.. totally belief in a higher power and not the immense bankroll of the greek&roman governments/catholic church commissioning pieces and paying for people to study under masters from childhood

There's more than enough amazing artists who happen to be atheists. The problem is that the art establishment promotes postmodernist garbage, so they mostly do commercial work and remain semi-anonymous. If you spend a while browsing art blogs, you'll easily find stuff that looks like is should be in a museum even though the creators are ultra-obnoxious leftists who hate religion.

Absolutely barbaric and primitive. And possibly racist, I don't see any racial or sexual diversity in any of the work of this "Bernini" character.

Now, compare that to pic related. A standard of art which no doubt saved the human race from fascism and war and racism and sexism and islamophobia and stuff.

Fucking racists will deny this, but at least I'm on the right side of history. Look at my art. I wear Tom Ford suits. I drive a fucking Prius. I fight the STD stigmas AND the western white patriarchy. Look at me, I am fucking enlightened guys.

>there is no higher power than the consensus of the majority,
**tips fedora***

different standards of beauty, culture, etc

No, the old man isn't
The rest i posted however is

He uses power tools and synthetic materials and crazy computer shit to create all his shit sculptures, the skill level is nowhere near the same.

honestly I think piss christ is aesthetically pleasing until you find out what it actually is (which is probably the point)

if it was amber instead of piss christians would probably praise it, which kind of reveals fundamental flaws in parts of some christian's outlook

I would still rather be emperor of a city state of christians rather than a city state of fat purple haired jewish lesbian communists (aka the end state of all atheists)

would lets say car design count as art or not, Im counting it as you need to blend form with function

>find a cool-looking cave
>put a little shrine in it
takes almost zero effort

not really, simply need motivation to study in college software engineering and take courses on creative writing, drawing, animation, maybe do later a major in music.

is very hard, but is doable in 10-12 years.

...wow

Modern art, as it's commonly thought of, was heavily influenced by the constructivist movement in Soviet Russia, started just before the revolution.

Constructivist artists were often called upon to produce propaganda for the communist governments of the USSR, and that was one of it's initial intentions, to be used for "social purposes". It's literally the SJW division of art, and like SJWs, it required a loathing of that which came before.

Art which had no prior political leanings became "traditionalist" art, championed by "conservatives". It wasn't enough for the communists to celebrate their own lack of talent, they had to inject political venom into paintings of nymphs, religious idolatry, and classical interpretations of concepts like innocence.

THIS IS A WHITES ONLY THREAD
SANDNIGGERS AND KIKES GET OUT REEE

THICC

Palace of Justice in Rome

If yall aren't interested I'll stop.

in all of those you need talent to be any good

>this entire thread

keep postingm art nigga

>tfw americans actually don't have good art

i dont know man, all of his works seem artificial, without purpose
soulless

establishment promoting crappy art pales in comparison with the kind of pleb shit that goes on in this thread
>pick the best of the best art that survived centuries
>pick the worst of today's artistic output that you know won't survive the ages
>wonder why you percieve art as you do

which is yet another confirmation of the old Evolian conception of capitalism and marxism

please don't strawman the claim. No, He's not saying we should be poor. He's saying there should within the society be a belief in higher principles than money alone.

A really good (also fallacious) comparison to your argument is France, who is knocking down their gothic cathedrals. The reason being that it is cheaper to tear them down than it is to maintain them. For any Nihilist Atheist you can say 'if it is easier to tear down the cathedrals than to maintain them, then it is also cheaper to buy one bullet to kill each welfare recipient than it is to maintain them'

which is completely true and yet another thing that an atheist would not be able to argue. Funny how liberals, the most atheistic of the parties, also try to give themselves the moral high ground. Atheists have no moral high ground, because they don't believe morals exist. Maybe they do. If they do, they are cognitively dissonant. They are Orwellian double-thinking.

Here's some based Nip shit

Will do

One of the single most interesting posts I've stumbled on here on Cred Forums. Have a (you).

Don't stop, I'm enjoying every last one of your posts.

i'm always in an autistic mood

Yes, obviously.

>flawless demonstration of the consensus at work
>nonconformist conforming to nonconformity
also, that's a trilby.

>you will never have a replica of a thicc marble sculpture woman with a realistic fleshlight in it so you can cum inside it daily

Because that's what people pay him for
The want those motives
The skill is there, more than ever
Rich people just aren't interested in buying traditional art

talent is a meme people with no discipline uses to excuse their lack of practice.

no diferent as the genetics meme fatty people use to not lose weight.

talented people exists, after they spend years and thousands of practice hours.

>pick the worst of today's artistic output that you know won't survive the ages
That's because all contemporary is soulless garbage that won't survive the ages, there is literally no good contemporary art.

Wow, appropriated "stone building" techniques.

Compare that to the aesthetic triumph of pic related. It was made by a Jewish architect, the best in the world basically.

You never stood a chance, bigot.

We used to, but Marxists have taken over our Art Museums and City Councils and have rid our cities of an expression of Art and replaced it with meaningless forms of modern art or African art. Modernism is ruining our towns.

tfw

Glass can be beautiful though, especially because it is similar to water in many ways.

Stone would seem just as ugly, if an entire city was made of the exact same stone.

it's really in the composition of the different elements that beauty arises.

I think that the turmp building I posted is better architecture than all the other new york glass buildings. It would be especially beautiful if it was by itself, interspersed with toher styles of building.

>all
>literally

and i'm just supposed to trust you on this?

Artists have always done whatever they have to make money. Now they sell their shit to McDonalds back then they made stupid religious bullshit so they could please their patron and keep the drinks, food, and whores coming.

"How's the ceiling painting going Michelangelo"

"pretty good, going to take a little longer than anticipated"

"oh ok"

"Can you bring me a sandwich?"

"sure"

and meanwhile the mother fuckers painting a brain into the picture to be a subversive little cunt.

I meant I will stop posting pics of the Chernobyl disaster zone. I love to post paintings.

Yes.

Castlevania?

fucking Australians, even as artists they still find ways to shitpost

Not really.
Your art never reached big heights.

>there is literally no good art

Is that Nero?

heyyyy i've been in that town in pic related
>Stone would seem just as ugly, if an entire city was made of the exact same stone
false, it would not look ugly at all, just cost a fortune

this painting has the best backstory in the world, based cossacks

>let's ignore the commercial fields of art
>what is film
>what are videogames
>what is anime
>what are anime figurines
>what are AAA videogames
>what is works of TV
>what are comic books

how many galleries, museums and exhibitions have you been to?

>That Pooping Stool

what.
you cant magically "work out" smarts or good ear for music.
if you are talentless no amount of hard work will fix that for you

>and meanwhile the mother fuckers painting a brain into the picture to be a subversive little cunt.

he also literally painted the papal master of ceremonies into the painting down in hell with a snake biting his dong

>Pope's own Master of Ceremonies Biagio da Cesena said of the painting "it was mostly disgraceful that in so sacred a place there should have been depicted all those nude figures, exposing themselves so shamefully," and that it was no work for a papal chapel but rather "for the public baths and taverns," Michelangelo worked Cesena's face into the scene as Minos, judge of the underworld (far bottom-right corner of the painting) with Donkey ears (i.e. indicating foolishness), while his nudity is covered by a coiled snake. It is said that when Cesena complained to the Pope, the pontiff joked that his jurisdiction did not extend to hell, so the portrait would have to remain.

Can we at least all agree that

A. It is not possible for atheists to philosophically believe that there are objective standards of beauty, any that claim to are misconstruing their own subjective standards of beauty

and

B. There IS objective standards of beauty?

Or do people in this thread disagree, and think that these things that we 'think' are beautiful aren't ACTUALLY beautiful, we just THINK they are beautiful?

#FEELS

>hurr durr plebs

Post something impressive or fuck off. This is a postmodern hate thread.

first case of tentacle porn?

also, don't post the farting one pls

>claims every atheist strawmans
>literally strawmans every atheist
10/10

I can actually conceive of a wealthy modern art collector buying an ancient statue, and paying some gutter-trash SJW to hollow out between it's legs, leaving enough space for a fleshlight/dildo/whatever.

>tfw you beat your son to death in a fit of rage and then realise what you've done

Hello neocmassicism

IWTFTS

A modern painting.
A spaniard drew this.
As I said, the skill is there.

thats a gingerbread house with candy on top with onions coated in candy to trick whoever eats it.

>ruined by the copious amounts of Chinese and Indians swarming it.

It's like poetry.

Your entire argument is based on the fallacy that idealism must mean the same thing as theism. That it is impossible to strive for a higher ideal like a standard of beauty if you don't believe in God. It is such a ridiculous and childish assumption that even my 10 year old son can understand and debunk it.

>Why is it you think that because I believe in a higher power I have to cuck myself?

You must have deep self-esteem issues because I never said or implied such a thing.

>not believing in god means one cannot believe in absolute standards of morality and beauty

Idiot

Yup, Ayami Kojima's work.

you don't even know what you're talking about
>hurr i dont understand anything gibe pretty pictures
I'm not gonna post something that would be "impressive" to you as that would just defeat the point i'm trying to make

A Dürer engraving is fine too.

unless you're genetically fucked up or have some mental retardation anybody can become good.

there's a point where technique stop mattering.

technique can be taugh to kids in school.
what makes geniuses in art is a combination of diferent factors, like the people who pushes themselves hard into the seek of beauty.

you can't teach beauty, but is something everyone has inside, just like emotions.

its the mentality that everybody is a winner no matter how shit they are that ruined art

No one agrees with you

but this is beautiful because of the various compositional elements of it. If all of the stone was used in the same form, it would be just as ugly as glass.

if you want to refute my argument you are going to have to post a city that you think is beautiful that is made of stone that are also all cubes and the same color, which is what cities of glass are

Not to mention no, stone is not more expensive. Marble is, but not all stone. There are many kinds of stone that would not be more expensive at all.

I think it's actually because our modern degenerate governments don't allow people to build with stone because 1. They are too hard to tear down to build new shit on 2. 'safety concerns' 3. 'building permits'

>Oh shit, the depressed jester.
>I just now understand this.
have context

>The full title of the painting is Stańczyk w czasie balu na dworze królowej Bony wobec straconego Smoleńska (Stańczyk during a ball at the court of Queen Bona in the face of the loss of Smolensk).
>The primary composition of the painting is in the contrast between the solemn jester (Stańczyk) – obviously the focus of the painting – and the lively ball going on in the background. Stańczyk is shown sitting alone in a dark room, while a ball, hosted by the royal family, is in full swing in the neighbouring hall. His appearance is unlike that one would expect in a jester – gloomy, deep in thought. His seriousness is reinforced by his accessories: his marotte lies discarded on the floor, whereas a holy medallion of the Black Madonna of Częstochowa can be seen on his torso. On the table lies a letter with the year 1514 and the name Smolensk, likely announcing that Poland has lost Smolensk (now in Russia) to the Grand Duchy of Muscovy, causing Stańczyk's sorrow and reflection on his fatherland's fate.
>The letter seems to have been discarded by some official, and only the jester realizes its significance – while the rulers are partying, celebrating the recent victory at the battle of Orsha, disregarding the bad news about Smolensk. Another symbol, a lute, symbol of glory, is being carried by a midget, stereotyped as a person of low stature and morale in Matejko's time; this suggests a decline of the Jagiellon dynasty's fortunes. Through an open window, a comet is seen – a portent sign of ill fortune.

the West should have learned from our mistakes
you could have stopped this if only you would have listened!

youtube.com/watch?v=gyWeksAo8VM

this video at least makes it seem a lot more autistic rather than artistic, measuring from a clay version of the sculpture, not nearly as cool as I though, not that it's not impressive or anything like that, just more underwhelming

Some believe so, yes.

then post a pic of your shit so I can judge how much of a pompous kike you are.

Well the painting is titled perscecution of Christians so It's pretty likely

it's shit. you don't realize it, because you are shit too.

daaaaamn

pic related

Also modern

This guy gets it.
As an aspiring musician, we live in totally different times. Outside of apprenticeships, you had almost all of the time in the world to focus solely on your craft. The people ITT that think talent is real don't understand the amount of time spent building technical facility. Think anywhere between 8 and 16 hours a day for years on end. Could you didicate that amount of time per day in an art and not go hungry/make rent? Good luck. It's tough starting out late if you don't have money like I do, thankfully I've been playing long enough to get returns on my time invested, but to get to the level I want to be at I need literally all day everyday for a solid 5 years to get to where I would comfortably whore my talents out to big names.

just like there's emotions, there is beauty.

beauty is an espiritual catharsis, almost similar to when people pray for the health of sick people.

denying art of beauty is like claiming human life hold no value, that's why we see liberals pushing for abortion.

>muh HDR

no.
unless "good" is incredibly low level.
in fact, most people simply CANT become good programmers or artists because they simply dont have the predispositions.
i dont what kind of populace you were meeting with during your life but there are HUGE innate differences in talent, visible at once, there is a reason art schools dont accept shitty artists and tech unis dont accept shit mathematicians

the content of art is dead
the context of artistic statements is thriving

pic related is the most brutally honest artistic statement on artistic statements to come out of the 20th century