What's happening with this? Is congress gonna veto this or not? Will this change the internet forever...

What's happening with this? Is congress gonna veto this or not? Will this change the internet forever? bbc.com/news/technology-37114313 Will Cruz be able to stop this?

Other urls found in this thread:

donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-opposes-president-obama-plan-to-surrender-american-internet
thehill.com/policy/technology/297100-trump-backs-attempt-to-halt-internet-transition
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-opposes-president-obama-plan-to-surrender-american-internet

TRUMP OPPOSES PRESIDENT OBAMA’S PLAN TO SURRENDER AMERICAN INTERNET CONTROL TO FOREIGN POWERS

"Donald J. Trump is committed to preserving Internet freedom for the American people and citizens all over the world. The U.S. should not turn control of the Internet over to the United Nations and the international community. President Obama intends to do so on his own authority – just 10 days from now, on October 1st, unless Congress acts quickly to stop him. The Republicans in Congress are admirably leading a fight to save the Internet this week, and need all the help the American people can give them to be successful. Hillary Clinton’s Democrats are refusing to protect the American people by not protecting the Internet.

The U.S. created, developed and expanded the Internet across the globe. U.S. oversight has kept the Internet free and open without government censorship – a fundamental American value rooted in our Constitution’s Free Speech clause. Internet freedom is now at risk with the President’s intent to cede control to international interests, including countries like China and Russia, which have a long track record of trying to impose online censorship. Congress needs to act, or Internet freedom will be lost for good, since there will be no way to make it great again once it is lost." - Stephen Miller, National Policy Director

We'll have to wait and see. Not many news about this

who gives a shit, it's america anyhow

Thank you made a thread about this earlier and no one answered. Can't wait to see the outcome getting a little anxious.

Sure but they are many other countries in the UN who don't believe in free speech.

What I can't believe
>OMG, we are being hacked by Russians! Our security is at risk
The solution
> let's give our internet to someone else.

Small children can see this makes no sense.

I don't know but this is the scariest shit in my life time and nobody seems to be talking about it.

I fucking hate the Democrats so fucking much I hope that it's true that the right is rising in Europe.

I know I hope to God that they don't do it

so, let them be

i support papa putin

t.Rusky expat

JUST

Most people here probably don't even understand what this is about (no Obama is not giving the control of the internet to foreign nations stop spreading that meme).

But you just have to say the words "give" "Russia" and "china" to create panic and rally support for stupid shit like what Cruz is doing.

As I said yesterday on the Win 10 thread Cred Forums is IT illiterate (or just a plain retard).

So what's going to happen?

This is depressing as fuck, I'm about burnt out.

You will have to manually input the IP of this site to browse Cred Forums.

Absolutely nothing,things will be as always,just under a neutral organization administration to manage the DNS names.

Seriously if you want to censor and control the internet you don't even need that kind of shit,just look at china.

>just look at china.
They fuck with the DNS to censor in China. This is just doing it on another level and worldwide.

What happens to those who slander the prophet of islam after they are no longer protected by the first amendment?

So 99% of our readers will be cut off?

Well we will see soon enough still fuck the UN fucking cunts and don't you dare tell me you like them.

Who will the ADL, Hillary Clinton and the DNC blame a cartoon frog on when Cred Forums gets banned?

Wouldn't the UN have to vote on it? Doesn't the US have a veto vote?

When was the last time UN did anything eventful?

Trump will stop it

It was fucking Obama idea and of course they accepted free speech hater cunts

>see this post
>think "fuck Cred Forums, stop posting made up quotes, it only hurts us"
>mfw it's real

How about you hand off all decisions about your personal finances to me, because I am a neutral third party organization?

Doesn't sound so good?

Then fuck off.

HE NEEDS MORE MEDIA COVERAGE
thehill.com/policy/technology/297100-trump-backs-attempt-to-halt-internet-transition
GIVE HIM YOUR DANKEST TRUMP DEFENDS THE INTERNET MEMES

MEME HIM TO THE FRONT PAGE OF THE NY TIMES AND PRIMETIME FOX NEWS HANNITY

Soon burger, soon

Have a good one to balance it out and remember:

Cred Forums is always right

It's not really a big problem. I would be like learning how to use a clutch.

The internet is OURS you fucking savages

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

the click is cringy as fuck

>Comparing my personal finances that as the name implies are for my personal use and for my family with something that it's pretty much used by anyone and can be controlled already without too much effort.

I'm not even gonna dive into the technical reasons to explain why your analogy is fucking stupid.

Fuck off don't talk about shit you don't even get retard.

I know but never found one without it

>Applying European censorship laws to Americans protected by the 1st Amendment

If you really think there is such a thing as a "neutral organization" you are hopeless

Well the left keeps getting "enriched" the only direction to go is right.

You are probably right.

The icann is probably US controlled (at the very least is US based).

More reasons to ignore this stupid fear-mongering shit.

It should be US controlled because the US invented it you spaghetti nigger

So you don't have a real argument to counter mine huh?

Stay retard, don't come here again until you take an IT 101 course.

And I'm white you salty fuck.

>Stay retard

The US is also the only country that bases the entire premise of the internet under the 1st Amendment.

We need free speech more than Trump and Pewdiepie combined.

Stay retard> Fuck off Pedro

The country with the 1st Amendment as it's most core idealogy should NEVER give up control of the internet unless they are reduced to ash.

so what exactly is being handed over?

something less vague than "the internet" please.

>a neutral organization

Now you are pushing a meme.

Is he getting advice from his 10 year old son who's great at computers?

everything of the internet pretty much, now scammers can get into a bank website and steal your credit card numbers if they are smart enough now.

No, he's getting his advice from the 400 lb hacker

I'm already on my way to stop this.

The organization that regulates the internet DNS system (how you connect to all websites).

People will still be able to hack into IP adresses, but 99% of a websites traffic will no longer be able to access said website.

Any country or company or group will be able to get websites blocked if they don't like the "hatespeech" being said on those websites. International application of law will also be on the table as the crime of insulting muhammad online will now be an international offense under Saudi Arabian law meaning they could legally behead you if they ever had agents in ththe US.

Have you noticed the UN and foreign forces moving into the US?

>The U.S. created, developed and expanded the Internet across the globe. U.S.
The U.S. did NOT create the internet. Cern created it to send information around it's huge campus. It saved lots of time for the scientist and helped them focus on more important issues.

Stop hiding and to your job Ted!

Hentia for Merkel and the EU Leadership. /h/ will become a new colony and hate tool of pol. It has already started. The meme war has begun

>International application of law
banning websites is one thing if they hand over DNS, but international application of saudi law is insane. would never happen

>Haha you're so stupid I'm not even going to bother explaining why I'm right

They are allowed to present their case to an international court since the 1st Amendment will no longer protect anyone online.

Combine that with a POTUS like Obama who tries to protect Saudi interests with executive orders and you have a dangerous combination.

how exactly are they going to justify applying saudi law to foreigners in foreign countries? I dont think our government would allow it solely because of how much it would hurt public order

Internet DNS should just be controlled by the UN, why do amerifats think they have to control everything in the world?

because the UN is a whore for whoever has influence over it. while DNS is in US custody .com and .org domains are protected by the 1st ammendment (right to free speech).

Ive got news for you, if this goes through and they ban all websites that are deemed "hateful", this place will be one of the first to go. the UN is not to be trusted

kek has spoken through the mighty sevens
Keep DNS in burgerland! USA! USA!

Burgerland is probably the best place for it to be kept. Anywhere else is just calling for trouble.

glad you agree, Pierre