Obama Veto Overwhelmingly Overridden by Senate

archive.is/k2q53

Why is no one talking about this?

This is surely the first of many

Everyone has been talking about it.

>In a 97-1 vote, the Senate acted decisively Wednesday to override President Barack Obama's veto of Sept. 11 legislation that would allow families of victims to sue Saudi Arabia for the kingdom's alleged backing of the hijackers. (Sept. 28) AP

>alleged

Is the shit about THTF?

What's there to talk about?

He's a lame duck president and it's an election season. Silly shit gets pissed because of MUH FEELINGS.

>pissed
passed*

Can Obummer still do anything to stop it?

I thought the veto was literally the only actual power the president had.

They don't even get that?

Lol nope
It can be overruled by a 2/3rds majority
You have no idea how hard it is to reach that majority

Checks and balances my nigger. Appointing Supreme Court judges is the most important job of the president.

>This is surely the first of many

Yeah, the Senate Dems were just waiting all these years to pounce on Obama's legislation.

As President, Obama is obligated by tradition to protect our "special ally" in the Mid-East (not to be confused with Greatest Ally).

This is just the legislature trying to show "resolve" against shit that outrages the voters, what, are New Yorkers going to file a class-action against the Royal Family? Good luck on that one.

Most powers throughout the government balance each other out. The president can veto, but that can be overruled. It's the same as how Senate needs to approve his appointments.

What if when Trump gets elected he picks Ron and Rand Paul to be judges?

Wouldn't it be amazing?

Ron is too old

Utterly blown the fuck out, rekt worse than David Cameron with Brexit.

What if he makes Gowdy one?

came here to post this

this is wild lads

also this plays really well into trump's hands

it makes obama and the democrat party look like corrupt fools who arent even trusted by the senate

That's the real point, no one seems to see it. The implications are laughable.

>Nigger veto's bill after bill -- they start being overturned

Like, what? You thought your judgment was superior?

The senate is so divided that a Presidential Veto almost never gets vetoed

Its hilarious really

A bit late in the day for them to get the balls to stand up to him

Best time, actually.

Presidents tend to go full retard at the end of their second terms

If Trump gets elected everything wrong Obama passed will be corrected, I have no doubt

That's why we need Trump, if Clinton gets elected all of Obongo's policies will just fly right through and then we're really fucked

This election is so important (supreme court judges) the outcome may verywell change the direction of the country forever

Hey maybe soon you americabros can sue germans for developing cars since so many die of accidents, italians for wine and russians for vodka.

As rad as that would be, there is a special breed of intellectual that fits the court.

Gowdy is as based as they come and his record as an attorney is great, but compared to guys like Scalia it just wouldn't be the right fit. Gowdy is right where he needs to be on the House Oversight and Judiciary committees. Gowdy cuts to the core when it comes to questions he asks. Gowdy gets fucking rowdy.

Trump's choices for the Court are good, its what turned Ted Cruz over.

Good, you still owe us.

Way most laws work is that the House purposes a bill, kicks it to the senate, who changes or purposes their own bill. It's then kicked back to the House who make any further changes, before kicking it back to the Senate. House & Senate have to support it via majority. The bill/law is kicked to President's desk where they have several options.

1.) Sign it into law
2.) Veto it via Veto Pen
3.) Veto by not signing (pocket Veto)

A Veto can be overridden in the Senate via a Super Majority (75%+). Once that's done it's law. Then only way to change or get rid of it is via the Supreme Court.

This bill is literally a FU to Obama, and will be up to Hilary should she be elected to fight this law. If Trump is elected then it won't go to court.

I heard Trump was eying Gowdy for AG.

Is the U.S. doomed if Hillary gets to pick the judges?

Fuck I hope so

I still would like to know:

1. What court would have juristiction over such a lawsuit?

2. How would the verdict of such a lawsuit be enforceable?

3. How is this not opening Pandora's Box, allowing millions of goatfuckers in Libya, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Yemen, among a few, to sue us?

I think if Trump is elected he could put Cruz on the Supreme Court. The dude might be a rat but he's hell of a constitutional lawyer. Perfect fit for the Supreme Court to make sure that Liberal causes don't get much further.

>durr I don't check the catalog
>hurr I don't check the archive

OH MY GOD WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT THIS

IDS HABBENING

Yes, honestly. Expect second amendment restrictions, first amendment restrictions, probably mass amnesty, etc....

Her judges will be liberal.

If she got elected and appointed liberal Supreme Court judges, it would take something even more extreme than Trump to change it.

Gowdy as AG would be absolutely incredible. He would booty blast so many corrupt people that need to be investigated.

1.) Supreme Court
2.) Basically as is, if you had a family member that died in the towers or because of the towers. Then you can sue or join a class action lawsuit against Saudi Arabia's government in US Courts.
3.) It could be, but no one really gives credibility to these shithole countries' law system compared to that of Europe & US. Even China & Russia have better track records than those shitholes.

gowdy was awesome yesterday, what role for Chaffetz (sorry I've forgotten the spelling)?

Obama being President probably knows the CIA and/or Mossad took part in 9/11. I don't think most of Congress is privy to even a fraction of the classified information that the President is. Maybe Obama knows this will open Pandora's box?

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it and Obama is just looking out for his Muslim friends.

Either way, if the US govt was involved they deserve to be exposed.

Obama just wants defend his Muslim brothers.

I think VW already learned that lesson.

Supreme's can be impeached, not that I expect that would happen, but you never know. If they started upholding laws that were blatantly unconstitutional I could see it happening.

a veto can be overridden by a 2/3 majority of both houses, something which almost never happens because it usually involves both parties coming together to bitch slap the president

ofc it can be achieved relatively easily if one party has a 2/3 majority in both houses

but like says, this one probably got passed because it's election season and reps saw that it had something to do with restitution to 9/11 victims and didn't read any further before putting their stamp of approval on it, as it would be EXTREMELY easy for anyone running against one of the nay-voters to air attack ads saying something like "THEY VOTED AGAINST A BILL TO HELP SURVIVORS OF 9/11." idiots eat that shit up regardless of whether it's true or not.

personally, i think obama's at least partially right in this; the point he made about reciprocal lawsuits worries me. the stuff about saudis being our greatest ally is just bullshit, though, it's well-known they fund terrorists

It's a horrible law. You go to war with countries that attack you, not sue them.

9/11 families are already rich fuck off.

gib monies murica

What if the saudis refuse to pay?
War?

what the fuck are the sandniggers going to do if they sue us? Force us to pay them? We can tell them to eat shit and if they seize or naturalize any assets we can and will do the same.
Besides Obama was all for the fucking TPP which would allow the same shit, he's a fucking hypocrite trying to protect filthy fucking muslim scum

seize their assets, who's gonna stop us?

what is he vetoing?

Embargo and leave them to fend off for themselves.

if they're an allied country, they'd just stop supporting us

99% of what america does in foreign relations is basically buying influence. did you think all that "foreign aid" was just because our government is super nice and generous? lol

Watch as every single thing Trump does gets veto'd as well

ITS THE LOOTING PHASE, DOING FAVORS FOR ALL YOUR SPECIAL INTERESTS BEFORE LOSING POWER IN JANUARY

SAUDIS HAVE MASSIVE PETRODOLLAR ASSETS, THEYVE THREATENED TO SELL THEM ALL AT ONCE IF THIS BILL PASSED. WITH AN ECONOMIC BUBBLE THE SAUDS GOING APESHIT IN THE OPEN MARKET CAN TIP IT OVER THE EDGE

Can senate's veto on veto be vetoed by someone?

>ITSATHTF

FTFYTBQHWYFAM

Fuck that. They have a population similar to Texas. We can destroy their sand hole and end terrorism forever.

But we are doing pussy shit like sueing. The house of saud will continue to put upradical mosques around the world u til we kill every last prince.

>9/11 families are already rich fuck off.

not as rich as that Bush crew. they made a ton of money off 9/11, and the holocaust

this bill is probably trying to hide the holocaust connection to 9/11

tma
icuwyas

Glad to see you're acknowledging he'll win now. Baby steps.

So is this good or bad?

I mean, would they even get anything out of suing another country?

>be 9/11 family
>get life insurance plus 2 million
Wow poor me, give more money Saudis

THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS! You have to go to war with them. We can do it. Nobody will miss them.

This is what I was wondering. How do you sue a forgien entity? Seize assets in us controlled places?

Also how can thIs have passed when Hillary and the Saudis are but buddies?

Makes sense. You're suddenly able to be sued to liquidate all vulnerable monies.

WAHABISM AND SAUDI FUNDING OF RADICALIZING MADRASAS IS THE ROOT CAUSE OF MODERN ISLAMIC TERRORISM

SAUDS DESERVE TO GET FUCKED UP, BUT ITS STILL HIGHLY DESTABILIZING AND THEY ARE STILL THE WESTERN PROXY AGAINST IRAN THE RUSSIAN PROXY

Do you really need the support of this fuckers?

The original movement is for the victims of 9/11 being allowed to sue saudi arabia for being responsible. Obama has tried to veto this but has been stopped by the voting of congress.

Who do you think you're talking to?

I don't ever remember saying he'd lose.

we don't need them

after the senate votes then the house of reps votes. if they both vote 2/3 in favor then it passes as law without the president's signature required.

someone could bring a lawsuit to challenge the law, and that work its way up the courts into the us supreme court. the sc could rule the law unconstitutional, and get rid of it.

the house of reps could then move to impeach the justices. if they vote in favor with a simple majority then the cases would go to the senate who needs a 2/3 majority to convict. if they do then the official is removed from office.

congress is clearly the most powerful branch of the government.

Why not grab money and then go to war?

That's very nice

proxies mix and match so fast you shouldn't even give a shit about that. The U.S. needs to assert itself internally anyway

>97-1 veto vote
>TIm Kaine and Bernie Sanders mysteriously don't vote

HAHA! King Obongu probably threatened to take back Bernie's lakehouse if he voted with the Republicans.

SAUDI IS THE SUNNI HEGEMON, IRAN IS THE SHIA HEGEMON. THE IRAN/SYRIA SIDE OF THE BOARD IS ALREADY TAKEN BY RUSSIA. WE BACK OUR TRADITIONAL ALLY SAUD EVER SINCE OUR BOY THE SHAH WAS RUN OUT OF IRAN BY THE ISLAMISTS IN 1979

>russia
nice try, putin, i'm wise to your schemes

generally speaking, our influence is what allows us to act the way we do (not giving a shit about what the rest of the world does, invading sovereign nations' airspace, not respecting other nations' laws, forcing other nations to respect our laws, etc.). and there are two major powers in the world right now (three if you count the eu, but they're basically our ally, as they support almost all the stuff we support and oppose almost all the stuff we oppose and frequently work closely with us): us and its allies, and russia and its allies.

personally, i'd love to see closer ties between the us and russia, i think it would be advantageous for everyone. but the truth of the matter is right now, they're the main foreign power standing in opposition to us. and if we lose influence with countries, they'll jump ship to russia's side. that's happened with several countries in the middle east already. and the more influence russia has and the less we have, the less we're able to continue imposing stuff on other countries that's favorable to us and doing what we want. and in the end, that generally makes us more vulnerable and hurts our economy.

>WHAT DOES THIS MEAN :(

It's tort reform 101

You're implying that the Senate supports Clinton. They don't even support Obama. Why would would they let her bills pass if he can't even get anything through?

>Gowdy for AG

Pic related
>mfw Gowdy tears the IRS a new asshole

The Democrats are starting to wake up to what's happening in their party. The primary was rigged from the start and more people believe in Bigfoot than trust Hillary.

its a false alarm. its election season and the only dissenting vote was from harry reid (D-faggot) who is not running for re-election.

theres a poison pill the Dems added to the bill so the state dept. at their discretion and without having to give cause can BLOCK any case against a foreign country.

its just pandering fluff, hence the 97-1.

No, part of why this next election is huge is because the supreme court can at this point. Judges are appointed by the president and the majority lead is at stake this election.

What are the financial implications of going to war with Saudi Arabia?

we pay to arm them so not cheap

Wow the senate actually did something for the first time in decades. Useless faggots. You yanks have by far the worst government in History. How dare thpse fucking cucks eith their majority only now override Obobo. They should have doing it for years.

>the last democrat president ever was a nigger with a forged birth certificate

this really shouldn't be as surprising as it is, but still funny.