Polish companies still using C64s for business

Why are Poles so backwards?

Other urls found in this thread:

ft.com/content/238c993c-427d-11e6-9b66-0712b3873ae1
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2614323/Americas-feared-nuclear-missile-facilities-controlled-computers-1960s-floppy-disks.html
youtube.com/watch?v=3JQkW6BgUYU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's called classy you cucked first worlder.
In 20 years your prefered vehicle will be a donkey cart.

>tfw too intelligent for progress

Literally nothing to do with politics.

If the systems still do what the company requires them to do then where is the issue?

The vast majority of work done by most company computers is limited by the speed of which data is entered, not the processing power of the machine itself.

If a C64 is all they need then they're just being efficient. There's likely a dearth of replacement parts available for them there too.

Because some machines have to be controlled by the old hardware. It's most likely some workshop and an old-ass CNC machine.

because they live in fallout timeline

>not knowing about based C64

Damn, OP, you ain't even a BASIC bitch

Lol Europeans are so third world

Because if it ain't broke don't fix it. We still use a Pentium II PC at my workplace because of some proprietary driver for the plotter. No one bothers to upgrade it because it's still running.

Why would they replace something that works?

So Mr. Shekelberg can make his profit? To support the globalist culture of hyper-consumption?

If it still works, why replace it ?

Hate it when people pretend that constantly buying the newest shit is "progress" even though the old stuff works just fine.

If it works why fix it?
This reminds me of the floppy diskgate where liberals went batshit because US nukes weren't controlled by iphones, but by ancient "computers". The horror.

Never thought I'd agree with a Swede

I find Polacks have a very "if it ain't broke don't fix it", attitude in general. Probably something to do being raped by communism for a few decades.

T. Son of Polacks

Poles know what they are doing,
Its not botnet like "modern software"

Lol!!! Poland so based XD!!

FAEL GNIKCUF A.
Good goyim, BUY, UPGRADE, CONSUME, DEPOSIT!
There is no god! World is actually a computer program!
I hate that shit.

I'd be more okay with it if it wasn't covered in dirt and grime.

Go back to krautchan you cuck kraut

Because they're a non-country like Blegium.

You fuckers don't even know the awesome that was the C64. When I was a tiny kid my pops would buy me a magazine with tons of games in BASIC, and you'd have to code them up then save them on cassette to play pong or downhill skiing, or ascii dungeon-crawl adventures.

This. This. This.

I work in IT and it grinds my gears how everyone wants to use tablets and be all cutting edge like it will magically make their work better.

The hard truth is that tried and tested technologies that ACTUALLY WORK ALL THE TIME are far better for productivity that all the fancy bullshit that is crammed into anything recent.

One of our most recent projects involved setting up laptops that connect via wireless across the business. I argued that we should instead use wired in terminals but the project leads felt laptops were more "Up to date." so my advice was ignored.

And guess what, between the flaky wireless, the battery issues and the extra need for encryption the solution HARDLY EVER FUCKING WORKS, and when it does it is slow and unresponsive. But this apparently is a non issue when compared to all the extra features that the laptops allow that are never fucking used anyway.

And now they want to 'update' the system by moving to fucking TABLETS as if it's going to sort all the problems out because they are the latest fad.

I need a new job fuck.

We overclock them to 8GHz with potato cooling. Screen is green only during boot, later it turns to normal red shade.

Also don't pay attention to dirt, it's from potatoes and is crucial to operate.

>tfw they made the witcher 3 with toasters
Figured that's why it runs like shit.

This, if potato is not covered in dirt, it rots quickly.

Oh shit we have a Brexitard in here. Everyone point and laugh.

fallout5?

It runs smoothly on my C64

Enjoy your female President.

it's used for fucking crankshaft geometry, not rocket science.

1.its located in car workshop so its normal its dirty

2. I wonder if they still have marks on keys, or do they just remember where keys such as p and i is

they're fans of yi ar kung fu

Did you set the configuration to run on potato?

You are using them because you are poor, stop with the excuses.

>Why are Poles so backwards?
Why the fuck do you care and who the fuck gave you the philosophical authority to label them as backwards?

It works, faggot. Shut up. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that I just want to clean it.

what about NASA then? They still use 486 ?

I was fixing one of our typists PC's the other day.

Her keyboard had actually been polished smooth by her typing.

I was pretty impressed.

This board isn't based around politics you twat

The problem is:

If anything crashes for good, then it would be:
1) Unfixable, because find now some IT guy, who could fix C64
2) Longer time to set replacement, because it would need to change everything set up to new systems
3) Any back up wouldn't be compatible with newer computers, so there are no back ups

At some places I think that those downsides aren't much a big deal, so there are no real reasons to upgrade if it still does its job

Factories in Japan still use really old computers as well to the extent that one dude salvaging ancient NEC parts made a lot of bank out of it.

ft.com/content/238c993c-427d-11e6-9b66-0712b3873ae1

If you can't get a wireless network working smoothly maybe you shouldn't work in IT

lol Chile.

The words you're looking for are objective reality. Poland is backwards. Chile is a desert with some mountains. Polands in space compared to you fools though.

If we are so backwards, why you have so many shootings, terror attacks, and why are you still kike servants, while we are living in relative peace and prosperity?
Can you remind me how many USA citizens are currently in jail?

Another German thread made to have a giggle at Poland failed to work, gj Hans, now go back to your cuck bunker

Holy shit a based Swede. Do I dare hope?

And yeah C64 has 3 major reasons to keep.

1. Old hardware may require it. In which case the relevance of said hardware is far more important than the computer.

2. Reliability. Old machines can have insane up time. Newer hardware controllers fail frequently and take long calls to India to fix since the software is shit and was made in loo.

3. Most people do not realize but old machines are reaistant to radiation. These kinds of electronics would be the only computers left after a nuclear attack. They are therefore great machines for fallout shelters and spacecraft and such.

>that feel when installing dual band routers for wireless and people are too stupid to use the right band

Fallout 5 confirmed

stop getting triggered at poor b8 m8.

that keyboard costs more than a modern computer
go fuck a goat

When you have an understanding of what's involved and the obstructions in a task like corporate WiFi, then you have my permission to talk.

We still use some 1940's stuff at my workplace since it is needed to keep some old but irreplaceable machinery going

>I can plug in an Airport Express, I'm highly-skilled!

lmao

SHART
H
A
R
T

>be American
>use Nixie tube calculator

I.. I'm hip right guys?

don't even start with me chap

I have a flashed linksys router and everything.

Please see

That's common though, especially with high keys.

You do realize that C64 is very simple internally and sheets are widely available? The most you'd have to replace usually is spilled caps.

Very cool.

Please see a dentist :^)

You probably have them all running on the same channel like a sperg.

Please see Cheers.

Obviously you need to heed your own advice if you can't solve the problems.

brushi brushi :^)

Unhackable bitches

>Oy vey, the goyim arent buying our newest products that do exactly the same things as the one they allready have, its anada shoah.

>dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2614323/Americas-feared-nuclear-missile-facilities-controlled-computers-1960s-floppy-disks.html

ironic

CRAWL OUT THROUGH THE FALLOUT

Please see

>PAL having anything to do with high speed communication

What the fuck are you on about?

>If it still works why replace it xD

What is data security

Jesus you guys are fucking dumb

ROBCO INDUSTRIES, INC.

What data security? Did you even read what this C64 is used for? Why would it even be an issue? Are you afraid ebil Cred Forums hackers will hack your old computer without internet connection or is it about using latest advantages in storage technology to store backup of the one program this C64 runs? If so how would that actually be any better (and warrant extra cost) over simply writing down source code on paper? Did you actually think for a second before calling everyone else dumb?

Old computers are more secure because they literally can't connect to the internet and nobody can plug a USB drive into them.

You should use whatever tool accomplishes the job efficiently and is cheapest. Way pay extra for bells and whistles that add superfluous functionality unnecessary for accomplishing a task? Same reason my watch is a cheap Timex with an actual face on it. I don't give a shit about the time in Moscow, tracking a race, etc. I just want to be able to look at my wrist and know what time it is.

wtf I want to live in Sweden now

youtube.com/watch?v=3JQkW6BgUYU

look those Poles are using C64

how do we ever recover?

in yer face Sfen!

>using C64s for business
German companies, especially the really big ones, are spending billions of shekels each year to maintain IBM AS400 aka the "modern day C64"

Nope, that would actually be the islamic version of a BMW, targetted at the native market

are these big news in germany? if thats the case then - holy shit this is a pathetic attempt to feel better about yourself.

no sense in replacing something that works.

Nips still use good ol' pen and paper, that's why they're inefficiently overworked and unable to capture the consumer computer market

don't start me, last night about 6pm some type of slav comes into my shop, he'd bought a shitty HP 4x6 photoprinter thats approx 10yrs old for £1 and then buys the ink and photo paper for it at £30. It wasn't a great printer new why the fuck would anyone buy sencond hand shit and then fill it with refilled inks ?

Today another slav is worried about the quality of paper he prints on to spend £7 but uses an 8yr old cheap shit canon that was only £30 brand new with a cartridge that had been refilled too many times and he isn't happy with the amount of ink he gets from it (like anyone is these day)

SLavs man true niggers of the white race, too dumb to save money to cheap to do anything properly

>Want to upgrade computer
>Have to buy completely new plotter and software along with it

It's not being poor, it's called a saving money you cuck

Poland just won 9 medals out of 24 in math and logic games. SUCK THEM BALLS r-tards.

Whoa that's some sick shit.

If it isnt broken, why fix it?

>tfw all you have left of your C64 is a few keys

Don't the US military or some shit run a bunch of their systems off old as fuck computers? Something about knowing and fully understanding each and every quirk and bug in the system so absolutely nothing can fuck you in the ass

yeah they still used computers with 5,25 inch floppies.
Like the big ones, it had more to do with there being no funding and no real reason to upgrade it.
The computer only has to load in targeting data and launch the missile.

aaaand this is bad how? I'm a bank teller and every time we upgrade our platform it just makes it ten times harder to use. Also our network support team could be replaced by fucking apes and no one would notice. Good job boland if it ain't broke don't fix it.

There's also the security aspect that since no one uses 5.25 inch floppies anymore, the ability to transfer data on them to modern networks is severely hampered.

It's not like a USB you could just pocket and plug into any internet connected computer.

READY.
LOAD"OP IS A FAG",8,1

If they are really still using C64s maybe it is time for the them to upgrade to TempleOS?

Based IT bro here

If you have problems setting up a WiFi network quit your job.

>Get USB floppy reader
>Find database of old viruses
>Put floppy with virus into old machine

Not really that secure...

I work in government IT, was in the private sector for years setting up hotels/business offices/restaurants/airports as a contractor

Installing wireless access points was and remains some of the easiest shit I ever did, we used a lot of SonicWALL at the time

Don't know what you're bitching about.

Had an intership at Paulaner brewery in 2008 and they were still using tech from the 80's to control the process.
Why is Germany so backwards?

NO FUN ALLOWED.