Adam Ruins Everything: Why Building a Wall Won't Stop Illegal Immigration

youtube.com/watch?v=K_P9PR5ckFk&ab_channel=CollegeHumor

Make sure to turn on adblock when watching. I'm mostly making this thread to argue his major talking points:

>2,000 miles of treacherous terrain that circumvents mountains, villages, etc.
Acting like a borderline through resourceless land can't be changed in order to benefit national security aside, the 'Wall' can run inside United States territory and still do its part of keeping out illegal immigration by simply being a physical barrier.

>$25 billion cost
Our annual military budget is $671 billion as of 2013. To allocate the cost of staffing and maintenance of the united states border and the Great Wall, you can divert the National Guard or any nationside military units not ready for active deployment to be stationed at the wall. Compared to Syria and Iraq, this is probably comfy as all Hell and can be paired alongside other training exercises as the military needs.

1/??

Other urls found in this thread:

census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c2010.html
americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/adding-billions-tax-dollars-paid-undocumented-immigrants
breitbart.com/london/2016/09/19/successful-hungarian-border-fence-boosts-support-right-wing-government/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4PZKcn1Jn30
gbtimes.com/life/failure-great-wall
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_border_barrier
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>PLANES CAN GO OVER WALLS!!!!
Working Immigrants need a valid visa and green card to work within the united states, thus they are not 'undocumented immigrants'. They are documented, they are noted, and they are here legally if on a workers visa.

>Circular flow argument
This is, once again, invalidated by worker visas and documented immigration. Increased border security does not hamper LEGAL, DOCUMENTED immigrants from coming back into the country so long as they have ways to refresh their worker visas, usually done by a joint culmination between employers and the department of immigration. It's fucking hilariously easy to get a workers visa so long as you have an employer interested in you and willing to file the paperwork. Not so easy if you're unskilled labor.

This entire video is cobbled together shoddily, provides easily counterable talking points, and is co-starred with a fucking professor of sociology. Come the fuck on.

>The wall is impossible!!!

We managed to build the Panama Canal in the early 1900s. Surely we have the resources and manpower to create a border wall in the year of our lord 2016.

>2000 miles

Indicative of someone who has never read the proposal. In Trump's own book he says that the most precarious regions would simply need to be observed more heavily and that the wall would be roughly 1000 to cover the more easily crossed areas.

>25 Billion dollars
And think about all the people employed to build it and watch it Bernie bros isn't that what you wanted? We're building infrastructure :^).

there is good infrastructure spending and bad infrastructure spending

having said that I would spend 25 billion just to piss off liberals

This infrastructure is pretty cheap in comparison to most state highway budgets.

>Great Wall of China
>5,500.3 miles
>Built 500 years ago by a bunch of Medievals

>cuck is a bitch

Absolute garbage

Who else here going to make a trek to the wall when it's built? I'm in northern oklahoma so it's not too bad of a trip.

>25 billion cost meme
The trade deficit between mexico and the us is easily double that.
Once that is negotiated the other 25 billion can go straight towards the staff of the wall.

When I watched this video I hated how slim and shitty the wall was he used. It was like a bunch of mexicans built it. This is a Trump wall we're talking here he's going to make it wide enough for cars to use it as a tunnel to patrol the place. Most of border patrol will live in or on the wall when they're at work.

The great wall of China ain't gonna have shit on our wall.

I love this argument. It takes 5 seconds to deconstruct.

>building a wall won't help!!
>can YOU get over the wall?
>w-well no b-b-b-but YOU'RE A RACIST!!11!!
>what makes you think Miguel can get over the wall if you can't?
>REEEEEEEEEEEE

Well of course nothing is going to STOP illegal immigration, but we can slow it up to about 96.5% according to every other wall in existence. Sounds good to me.

I can get over the wall though

Ayyy Im in Okc

nu-males ruin everything... anyone have the picture describing how easy it would be to build a wall?

:(

nigga, I'ma jump over dat rayciss-ass wall

Just call out the Nirvana Fallacy.

Of course nothing will ever stop illegal immigration, but if you can cut it by 60% by cutting off the easily crossed junctions, you're still doing a lot of good.

If people call you racist, just state that you're totally fine with legal immigration, and that illegal immigration only damages the state as well as the people who come here legally.

>25 billion

We waste more money giving foodstamps to niggers. That's more than what Obongo is spending on his retarded Railway project. That's less than what it takes to repair our highways. Fucking retarded liberals

What a joke, 25 billion is nothing when the last admin spent 5 trillion
The multi state job creation to build it put the money right back into the economy
The continued maintenance creates jobs
Reinvestment into our infrastructure should be a top priority
The wall and roads and bridges are all multi year jobs that help the middle class as well as the owners of the construction companies who win the bid
I hate these liberal assholes whod rather give free handouts to illegals and foreign governments as our country crumbles around us
Trump's plan will create more jobs than the part time low wage jobs Clinton would try to make

There doesn't need to be a physical wall. Make it impossible to live here and you won't get them coming in masses.

Trump never claimed the wall would stop all illegal immigration in the first place, just put a huge damper on it. The Wall was just one piece in the whole of Trumps immigration reform, not the entire platform.

Or fly like the other 40% of illegals

I'm going to ruin Adams face if he keeps up with this nonsense.

Is it true? Do illegals pay taxes?

Oh shit lads, we all know how influential television still is in the current year.

>having said that I would spend 25 billion just to piss off liberals

Repubs n Dems spent several trillion doing just that in a few wars so that should be chicken feed in comparison.

I'm an electrician in the lower middle class and I want to wire the lights on the wall along with all the sensor equipment.
Liberals want to hand me money instead of putting my skills to work.

America needs to roll up its sleeves and get back to work. We've gotten complacent.

wait isn't mexico going to pay for it?

In a sense.
The trade deficit will pay for it.
>census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c2010.html

stop spamming this flubby fruit cake. his hair and chubby appearance should be enough for a fucking ban.

Sales tax

I'm not spamming. This is the only thread I made on the guy, and it was to address how clearly ill-thought out his argument was, and how quickly it can be dissected and disproven or invalidated.

They don't pay income tax and they take out far more with welfare.

They don't pay income tax because most of them are paid under the table.

You can't pay federal income tax without a social security number, something illegals tend to not have.

>Normies being this redpilled

I WANT OFF THIS RIDE

I feel like this guy was created in a lab by some scientists trying to create the most punchable human being in history.

Not to mention that we just recently gave Israel $38 billion for their defense.

What's another $25 billion for ours?

>shitposting

go ask Israel how that wall of theirs is working out.

americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/adding-billions-tax-dollars-paid-undocumented-immigrants

also by your own logic we should be granting citizenship to them ASAP to get them paying their fair share

Don't forget the billions they send to Mexico to their families.

OP instead of preaching to the choir, post your arguments on the video so you can trigger the libshits with facts and logic. I never understand why people do this. This is Cred Forums odds are we already know the truth like you, don't post it here, post it out there so people who don't know the truth or refuse to see it can do so.

As an illegal living in America we don't.
It's me, my 5 brothers, 4 sisters, both my parents, our grandparents, 3 of my uncles and 3 aunts all living in the same home and the only one who pays taxes is one of my brothers but it's because he's a citizen now like a cuck.
The rest of us came through the fence and never looked back. I don't intend to pay any taxes either since none of you give a shit enough to take care of me anyway.
>That is until Hillary becomes president
>I was paid $40 to use my brothers SSN to vote for Hillary and I'm going to

Illegals will not pay taxes until you acknowledge that we are Americans too and deserve the same rights as you get.

In a way, it suits the show's premise because if there's a guy going around "ruining" topics for you by completely disillusioning you it heightens the effect for it to come from someone so repulsively obnoxious
But I think they went too far

>Obama gives 150 billion to Iran for no other reason than to purposely let them develop nuclear missiles to kill us

>Could have just not made that deal and we could have had 10 walls and a underground wall and a wall in the ocean and a wall across canada and money left over to rebuild america

This is equivalent to rewarding them for breaking our laws, not to mention that many have refused to learn english and send billions back to their country of origin. Citizenship won't stop these habits.

>post your arguments on the video so you can trigger the libshits with facts and logic
I'm kinda mostly just posting it here because someone else will repost it to reddit or the comments section for me, as well as to spark reasonable (kek) debate amongst Cred Forums on how we could properly implement a plan to stabilize illegal immigration not only in America, but worldwide.

Some American will have to correct me but at this point it's just as much a way to put a shitload of people into work the same way the german autobahns did while also being a very symbolic gesture.

>fly like illegals

Steve Miller Band?

A wall is a waste.

Do you know how many tunnels the cartels already have?

>we are Americans too
Explain the logic here. You can't just walk into a neighbouring country and claim the benefits that their citizens get.

>They don't pay income tax and they take out far more with welfare.
What the fuck. How do you get access to welfare without being a citizen?

then how do they get welfare you libtard? Fucking hillary shill.

Or just deport them for being here illegally, creating a workers shortage and making wages rise in I don't know how many fucking years

>What the fuck. How do you get access to welfare without being a citizen?

when you are applying for welfare it says "Are you a united states citizen?" you just check yes

Muh Fredums
They don't need an ID to vote as well

It's easier to fill a hole than build a wall

They pay sales tax, not income tax.

If we replaced all the illegals with legals, they'd pay both.

Of course someone anti trump would argue that a wall won't work.

For fuck sake.

The israelis solved that problem already
You can do it to

and its not easy to build a tunnel

if they work hard on one tunnel and it gets filled in with dirt in 5 minutes

they surely are not gonna do that again

Illegal invaders in America get welfare and don't have to pay taxes. I'm surprised they don''t get lynched in the streets. They are lucky Trump is the worst thing that will happen to them.

Many welfare programs don't require a SSN to apply for. I know you can get foodstamps here in Michigan without ever showing an ID or SSN or even a proof of residence

>What is Hungary
You can't turban the Orban. This broad has been btfo.

breitbart.com/london/2016/09/19/successful-hungarian-border-fence-boosts-support-right-wing-government/

Why not?
White people did it with America.
Do we need to bring guns and smallpox with us?

First off Adam uses his first source and its politifact. Most inacurate peice of literature all year. It said 25 billion dollars for the wall and made it seem like there would be no way through and that monitoring it would cost more.

Its the dumbest part. Maintaning and flying electric drones takes one control center and some garages to dispatch border agents to problems would probably cost less. The 25 billion would be able to be covered by limiting the US's foreign military comitments and foreign aid commitments.

Anyone also notice he used two sources. 1 of which was bullshit. Then he brings in a (((professor))) to pretend he knows the Don man's plan.

I unsubbed when jake and amir was done anyways.

Wall's work, there's a reason they were used for thousands of years to combat organized attempts to enter a city. If walls are good enough to keep out medieval military, they are good enough to keep out some ragtag mexicans.

You will go back. Enjoy it while it lasts.

>invade someones country
>leech off them
>waah why does nobody like me

Yeah, they know that
I think their argument is if you don't stop EVERY SINGLE ONE
It's not worth doing at all

Weak bait

>Do we need to bring guns and smallpox with us?
Yes actually, you would have to.
It's not your country until you take it.

Well. I suppose of the other country is stupid enough to give foreign citizens benefits and not fight back, I really can't blame people for taking advantage of that.

Worth noting, perhaps, that it also utterly failed at its intended purpose of keeping anyone out of China.

Yep, that's the way it's done Pedro. I'd you can take the country, go for it. I wholeheartedly invite you to try.

>invade
We have a right to be here. We're americans too CENTRAL AMERICANS!
It was already ours. Whitey just changed the lines on the paper because muh alamo.
We deserve those benefits. It's only natural to take care of the displaced masses that flock to your country of decadence and wealth.

> but it's because he's a citizen now like a cuck.

How dare he!

It would be a waste to build the wall.

The Chinese built the Great Wall and the Mongols still fucked them over

>implying it wouldnt pay for itself as a tourist attraction alone

I don't mean for this to come off as racist, so don't take it as such, but:

Kill all spics.

Again: no intent for it to be racist.

also mexicos paying for it

so how could it possibly be a waste

its not our money LOL

He gave back their own money we had frozen, which we could not use for domestic spending anyway.

Baitposting themesong: m.youtube.com/watch?v=4PZKcn1Jn30

That's what I told him.

Why would anyone become an American citizen as an illegal just so you can pay for SS you'll never see, get raped by taxes and get fined for not having healthcare.
>MFW Americans think this is better than being an illegal

Hey, so, anchor baby checking in. My parents illegally immigrated to the United States back in 1986, from Ireland; I was born in 1987. Basically they got off a plane with a visiting visa and never got back on one, at least not until my dad decided to go back in 2005 after divorcing my mom. I will grant you, however, that after a few years of dodging Immigration they both pursued and acquired green cards, a task that was probably easier for them than it would be for Mexicans since they're both white.

Just highlighting that a wall would not have stopped my parents in the slightest, and so I don't see how it could stop Pedro. It might make things harder, but it doesn't stop it, it just means that Pedro has to enter the USA legally but then not leave when he's supposed to. Plane is one option, but you can also just drive across the border. A wall might slow things down but it doesn't stop it. It's the equivalent of seeing a hole in a dam and sticking your finger in it. Doesn't change that the dam is broke and water is still gonna leak past your finger, and meanwhile what the Hell are you supposed to do? Stand there the rest of your life?

If you want to stop illegal immigration you need to fix the problem at the source. Favorable trade deals with Latin America to increase local wealth and job opportunities. Make people not want to leave their homeland in the first place.

>Mexico isnt paying for it
>If it doesnt stop immigration, its useless
>Trump isnt going to become president in the first place

>It was already ours
Say that again when you sit in the bus Pedro

>Why Building a Wall Won't Stop Illegal Immigration
Vaccines won't eliminate disease. Guess we should stop them.

Cops won't eliminate homicide. Guess we should disband police.

Welfare won't make everyone rich. Guess we should end it.

Making this video won't stop me voting Trump. Guess Adam should cut his dick off to match the balls he removed years ago.

How about multiple things to curtail illegal immigration:

-A wall
-Limiting and/or being extremely picky with visas
-Punishing those who hire illegals with heavy fines and potential jail time

Don't see why we have to pick just one.

>I walked from the Mexican border to San Francisco and Hanz thinks I take the bus

The Mongols were the most powerful force at the time, and the Great Wall was only built after most Mongol damage was done.

These are a bunch of roving poor going against the most powerful Nation on Earth

>-Punishing those who hire illegals with heavy fines and potential jail time

but these jews will just work around that with "WORK VISAS" which is basically just LEGAL ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

how about if they cant find a worker for the job then they need to find another business

instead they import millions of people for WORK VISAS

it grinds my gears

here's your much deserved (you) buddy

Like I said, though: limit and/or increase the qualifications for such visas.

And/or end work visas and only allow student visas.

how about end it entirely

no student visas either

i care about the american citizens if theres not enough students at the school they better start lowering their price or shutting down we could use less college jewry

Well, I'm not against that, really.

Ideally, I'd turn over the Immigration Act.

what if it starts to give way yo? they may need to call the palestinians on this one

>2016
>liberals still think "building a wall" means building a literal wall and not just actually enforcing the border

Fuck work visas, fuck student visas. If we love other countries so much we should stop siphoning their most ambitious, and we should engage in free trade meaning actual trade and not "our companies get to go there to avoid taxes and extract wealth". I'm all for free trade with Mexico. But why does that mean Ford goes to Mexico? Why can't Mexicans start their own factories?

The fucking kikes have tied free trade to literal exploitation of people and nations.

Or was the real purpose to take taxation and funnel it into private companies owned by the ruling class to keep diverting tax into their pockets?

It's not like China is now building ghost cities with taxation and funneling it into private companies owned by the ruling class

;)

I tell youtube not to recommend this video to me but it keeps showing up. I even go through the "tell us why" screen.

>b-but Obama is the "deporter in chief"!

indeed
i was just makin sure
u werent a cuck

>Limiting and/or being extremely picky with visas

How do you distinguish between someone visiting America and someone intending to not leave? Nearly 19 million Mexicans visited (as in, came and left within 3 months) America in 2014, our single largest source of international visitation. By comparison only about 600,000 people attempt to illegally immigrate to the United States each year (best guess, assuming we catch about a third who attempt it).

So how are you gonna get picky with those visas when current illegal immigration is only about 3% the size of legal Mexican visitation? And again, that's just for Mexico, not for Latin America as a whole.

>Don't see why we have to pick just one.

- The wall is impractical and a waste of money.
- Limiting and/or being extremely picky with visas is a logistical impossibility, unless you want legal visitation to America to grind to a halt.
- Finding out who's hired illegal immigrants is also a nightmare because illegals are extremely difficult to track due to their nature.

Again, you want to top illegal immigration, the solution is fixing the problem at the source by making people not want to leave their home countries in the first place. Nothing else will work.

The wall has many different sections built over many periods of time and intended to serve many different purposes. Learn history.

>"Like dude, why even build the wall? It can't 100% keep them out, why bother?"
>"Like dude, why bother having doors on your home? I mean if someone wanted to get in, they could break a window or something, so why bother even having a door in the first place?"

Just sounds like cukk speak. The idea that "well you can't 100 percent prevent something, so why bother?" is completely retarded. Even if the wall only prevented 10 percent from entering, IT WOULD BE WORTH IT.

either that or they gave them only hungarian salami to eat

Great job user

Is he wearing lipstick?

What the fuck I'm hopping their fence now.

And at least one of those intended purposes was to keep out foreign invaders, but it historically failed at that task. *You* try learning history.

Right now you're sounding only slightly better than my college history professor, who tried to convince me that the Nile's cataracts helped to prevent invasion of ancient Egypt.

Source on graph? I wanna use it

Walls work fine for Israel.

NU MALE

not going to watch it

can tell from the OP that he's one of those cunts you feel the need to punch

That's a dude?

The wall is stupid. If we really had a problem with the cartels the CIA would have taken care of it by now.

Yes, it was, in the 16th century. After the Mongols had left China. Previously it had been used by warlords to secure territory during the warring states or provide temporary defenses for ancient emperors in wars. No, it was not useless.

>unless you want legal visitation to America to grind to a halt.

I don't see an issue with that.

>Finding out who's hired illegal immigrants is also a nightmare because illegals are extremely difficult to track due to their nature.

It's not necessarily about finding out right now; if you impose heavy enough fines, it will scare off people from hiring them.

You have to take away the incentive to hire them.

I want to fly like illegals
To the land of the free
Fly like illegals
Let coyotes carry me

>turning on adblock
>doing anything
youtube pays per view as well as per ad impression you fool, if you watch a monetised video the video creator wins, you've automatically lost

Stopped wildlings.

>(((sociology)))

Libcucks said the same about our border fence, yet it reduced illegal entries into Hungary by a hundredfold, if not more. The same is true for neighboring countries and their barriers.

The US certainly has its own unique circumstances and a much bigger project at hand, but I don't see why this solution wouldn't scale.

He's right. Alright Trumpfags, let's assume he wins and he strong arms us into building and paying for the wall. Let's assume he eminet domains everything on the way successfully. Let's assume it gets completed ahead of schedule and under budget, a big beautiful wall. Best case scenario for everything. But enjoy paying millions in extra taxes for the maintenance and upkeep of the wall forever. :^)

He should grow some real balls and do a show on the Holocaust hoax.

>mexican intellectual

a guarded fence cut off 90% of migrants to Hungary and Austria m8

>I don't see an issue with that.

The tourism industry is either the first, second, or third largest employer in 29 of the 50 states. Purchases of tourism-related goods and services accounts for more than $10 billion annually. Tourists spend more money in the United States than any other country. It employs about 7 million United States citizens. Around 100 million people visit Florida alone each year.

But, hey, you wanna try and drive 7 million people out of a job, remove $10 billion from the economy, and crash the job market of more than half the United States, be my guest. Just don't expect me to vote for a candidate who espouses the same.

We'll enjoy saving even more millions of dollars by not having to house illegals, paying for their medical care, schooling their children, providing welfare, having them illegally vote, & so on & so on

Tourists aren't immigrants.

It managed to hold the mongols for a thousand years

Okay, let's follow the chain of events for a second before we continue:

I said,
>Unless you want legal visitation to America to grind to a halt

You said,
>I don't see an issue with that

I then described the fantastic and catastrophic issues with that. No, tourists aren't immigrants, but whether your intention is to come to America to see Disney World, or to come to America and not leave, is impossible to tell when you simply step off a plane in Orlando and pass through customs, UNLESS you're willing to stop or drastically reduce visitation as a whole regardless of the visitor's intent. However this would have immense monetary and employment consequences immediately, to say nothing of the blow to our international prestige and respect that would ensue.

>build wall
>ban visas from beaners unless they can provide a $100k deposit
And problem solved

It did no such thing. Learn history.

Oh, well.

Btw, I should clarify that I'm OK with halting legal immigration to the US temporarily. No, it won't be the end of the planet.

About 23% of illegal immigrants are from Asia, Europe, or Canada. So around one in four illegal immigrants will still get through this blatantly racist plan that would never, ever, EVER fly you've got here (and that's good, because morally it shouldn't because, again, racist).

>But enjoy paying millions in extra taxes for the maintenance and upkeep of the wall forever. :^)
Yeah, enjoy paying the wall taco

So you are okay with temporarily removing the driving force of the first, second, or third largest source of employment in 29 of the 50 states and jeopardizing the legal, gainful jobs of some 7 million Americans.

All because less than 3% of the total number of people in the United States are here illegally (assuming a US population of 316 million and added to that the current estimate of 11 million illegals).

That's some attrition rate, general.

You should learn history, you fat fuck

Yep. Status-quo gotta take a hit.

i still do circular flow

>blames Reagan,bush,Clinton
It only got shittier to cross with 9/11

>Mexican economy doing well kek
>everyone can easily get a visa to enter USA

This is retarded

gbtimes.com/life/failure-great-wall

>The Great Wall served well in the times of the first emperor, as all invaders were effectively kept out of the country. However, one might argue that it was more due to Qin Shi Huang’s great armies and their achievements on the battlefield, rather than the effectiveness of the wall.

Eyh man post a pdf for us to fill out and some adress to use so we can all scam that shit then lol. System cant be that easy to fool in the us can it?

Yeah, $25 billion is actually really cheap for an infrastructure project of this size. The Port Mann bridge, if I recall correctly, was in the neighborhood of $2.5 billion dollars... So, to wall off Mexico, it's the cost of ten bridges. Pretty good deal, actually.

It won't cost that, you don't have to build it up every mountain and over every river, it doesn't have to cut immigration 100% to be useful, and he's a fat spastic that looks like he's shat himself. I think that covers everything.

if hillary was pro-wall the media would be filled with how great it will work

>Easily counterable points.

Yes, this is what that side is relying on. They're depending on people that are already sympathetic reading these points, agreeing and just moving along with their lives.

They have a hard time dealing with people that have a counter argument. These are trash articles that aren't meant to be disputed, just dispersed into the population to be read and confirm bias.

There's a guy at work that spews this kind of shit and his response to the criticism is to usually change the subject and move on to other buzzwords and bite sized arguments.

It depends, but I'd say the vast majority do in Texas.

People say they don't because they get paid under the table but that is false because nearly all jobs require a social security number, which most illegals have (fake one). Those who want to process their taxes use what is called an ITIN number which is basically a SS# for illegals.

The people y'all describe sound like Californian illegals desu.

>learn history
>posts a random news article

But for how long are you planning on doing this? What is your "exit strategy"? When does status quo ante resume?

About 600,000 people try and enter the US illegally each year; meanwhile you can be conservatively assumed to have put at least 3.5 million people out of a job (assuming that interstate tourism can keep at least some of those 7 million people employed). So it'll take about six years to "break even" with this number, or stop a number of illegal immigrants equal to the number of people you've rendered jobless.

Fiscally it's worse. Illegal immigration is disastrously assumed to cost the US 100 billion each year by some estimates, but that doesn't take into account their contributions to the economy (things like buying food, paying rent, going to hospitals, paying for Internet paying social security out of paychecks without collecting benefits, etc.). The US is actually reckoned to come out slightly AHEAD due to illegals' contributions.

So why does the status quo need to be shaken, exactly?

It's going to be a tremendous wall. The best!

they are the true heroes ;)

if only we were all illegal immigrants ;)

You completely forgot that illegals take jobs that otherwise would go to Americans. They pay less taxes in general since they come from poorer countries, save almost everything and always send billions of dollars abroad, while the government is paying welfare to the unemployed and the googles

To eliminate illegal immigration as much as possible.

The economy will fix itself -- that's what the economy does.

And maybe people within the country will start reproducing more to make up for the lost souls. People should focus on improving their countries instead of abandoning them for the U.S.

The status quo is OK with the illegals situation -- so long as it doesn't get worse or cost more. Oh, it's only $100B, phew, but they contribute, so, it's OK -- just don't make it cost more, alright?

Halt immigration, go after illegals and those who hire them, then you can re-open the gates for those worthy.

Why not just build a simple chain-link fence with motion detectors and cameras? A monitoring station could investigate potential crossings in real time and disparch local law enforcement / border patrol.

Who cares, we should at least try. It's almost like all these liberal talking heads don't want the immigration flow shut off because spics tend to vote left.

The amount of taxes illegals give to the states is almost irrelevent.

Texas gets average of 219 Billion a year in state taxes
11 Billion is almost nothing, its actually 1.05%
Not counting the fact that this number comes from a collective of all illegal immigrants, not just the ones in texas. So the percentage would even be lower.
I bet the amount of money they cost the federal goverment and local states is way more then 11 billion

Excuse me, but, they contribute to the economy.

So what if they take jobs and have broken the law and cost the country billions: they contribute.

>I bet the amount of money they cost the federal goverment and local states is way more then 11 billion
It is, which is why hospitals in illegal-heavy areas of California close.

You can also play the humanitarian end, which is valid. A lot of people have died crossing that desert.

I was thinking about making a thread about this, but I thought it wouldn't be relevant.

Also, just so you all know, this episode was released the day after the debate and starts with two spanish ladies talking in spanish (on an english show...) for like 2 minutes.

>We're americans too CENTRAL AMERICANS!
Guess I'm Canadian then.

If u eliminate cops. Niggers will run wild and loot/kill.

>Niggers will run wild and loot/kill.
They already do that

> ITIN number which is basically a SS# for illegals.

By the IRS's own numbers only a few hundred thousand use this. They have to go back.

1) Actually most illegals end up employed in job sectors that Americans don't want to be part of because we generally consider it "demeaning". So the amount of jobs they take for practical purposes is negligible.

2) As stated, America is actually reckoned to be slightly ahead in terms of cost-verses benefit.

>To eliminate illegal immigration as much as possible.

That's not an exit strategy, it's a poorly defined. At what point does status quo ante resume, user?

>The economy will fix itself -- that's what the economy does.

Yes, but what is the purpose of shaking it up when America is actually estimated to be slightly ahead due to the contributions of illegals? Obviously we'd make more money if those jobs that illegals are employed in were held by Americans, but we ARE making money right now.

>People should focus on improving their countries instead of abandoning them

Sure, I agree, but that's why I say we should just tank illegal immigration for the moment and instead of doing pointless and arguably harmful things like building walls and stopping all immigration and tourism, we should focus instead on helping Latin American countries build up their own countries.

The only Americans I know in this country are freedom loving patriots that moved here to be with their wives. They're only a benefit to this country and I really wouldn't mind it if you came.

> Americans don't want to be part of because we generally consider it "demeaning".

Or maybe they don't want to work for 5$ an hour and illegals will. Kys. These tired old memes.

>There's a guy at work that spews this kind of shit and his response to the criticism is to usually change the subject and move on to other buzzwords and bite sized arguments.

I hate that shit so much. The people who interject with some fire and brimstone shit like "if you believe X you're a hitler nazi racist". If you start arguing they just turn all "hey man, I don't want an argument".

Or when you start countering points they're just like "I didn't want an argument".

What the fuck are they thinking? Just get in their face and call them pedophiles and then shrug and don't mention it further. That's what they do every day.

1.) Those jobs are only considered demeaning because of the wages. If illegals weren't around to drive down the wage in those industries, that kind of work would be considered decent and Americans would do them.

No one wants to be paid twenty dollars a day, except third worlders that see it as a step up. You are contributing to the race to the bottom.

We already have homeland security and a fence that stretches across the border, so there's no homes it would go through, there's no special organization that would have to be created, and the cost of the wall will be paid by Mexico. Done.

Either way, really. Doesn't change the fundamental point that illegals don't really "steal" jobs since Americans wouldn't work them as long as other jobs were available (and with unemployment declining, this is evidently the case).

>and the cost of the wall will be paid by Mexico

I've yet to be told how the Hell that part would be accomplished that doesn't involve either a shooting war or the threat of one.

I've done this a few times to be honest. Never by making a severe claim and not knowing how to back it up, but because it becomes apparent that the other person is on a completely different planet from the one I'm on and having an argument would be more akin to trying to educate stone age man in calculus.

What I'm talking about are the guys that expect their arguments to be self evident and aren't prepared to defend them in a sensible debate, where both sides are aware of where the other is coming from intellectually.

>es, but what is the purpose of shaking it up when America is actually estimated to be slightly ahead due to the contributions of illegals?

Again: that's a status-quo argument. You're OK with them contributing -- for whatever insane reason that may be -- while on the other hand, wanting to curtail illegal immigration is the same "arguably harmful" you seem set against. Which is it? You herald their contributions but also want to go after them -- which is "arguably harmful".

>but that's why I say we should just tank illegal immigration for the moment and instead of doing pointless and arguably harmful things like building walls and stopping all immigration and tourism,

Going after illegal immigrants is "arguably harmful" to certain persons; things being "arguably" this or that only keep you in a limbo of "what if."

Build the wall; limit/end visas; stop immigration temporarily. Boo-hoo if the economy takes a hit: it will correct itself.

Stop bringing up contributions. It's a weak argument to support criminals.

>Well, he may have broken the law, but he mowed my lawn! Please, be soft on him.

>all the comments from liberals saying smug things about facts
>on a channel called College Humor

>>Obama gives 150 billion to Iran for no other reason than to purposely let them develop nuclear missiles to kill us
It was their money in the first place you fucking moron. There hasn't been a single shred of evidence that they're building nukes and the only group that keeps repeating this meme are Israeli politicians and kike shills. Even mossad said it was unlikely they were building nukes.

Yes the do by undercutting wages. If they can out price you on labor because of an unfair/illegal advantage then they're stealing jobs. Try and start a landscaping company in LA and see how far you get.

That point is false. As I said, the employers know that cheap foreign labor is available and they offer less than what the market will handle, because they can always get an illegal.

In a country like mine, farm work pays pretty well and the conditions are good because customs and immigration actually enforce the law.

In the United States, conditions are shit and the pay is bad because the government turns a blind eye to illegal immigrants.

The problem will rectify itself if laws are enforced and American citizens and permanent residents will have decent, meaningful employment in these industries

You have to go back, spic leech.

Trump has said that US aid will be withheld until the wall is paid for and he has also said that there is scope for some kind of micro tax payment attached to financial payments made to Mexico, i.e. people wiring money home.

Seizing remittance payments

Basically a whole heap of money goes to mexico both legally and illegally from people working in the US i.e. sending wages back to Abuela.
All Trump needs to do is declare an economic emergency; and though this sounds mental it's really quite common. IDK the statistics but a few hundred have been declared during Ombongo's reign, and there are many thousand still active that no one can be arsed to close.

>tl:dr Mexico WILL pay, they have no say in the matter, seizing remittance payments is hardly a casus belli, neither is building a wall -- your move Pedro

Don't listen to anyone here, they're just saying what you want to hear. You need a social security to claim welfare, so it's mostly niggers and white trash who do that. Illegals that don't pay taxes also can't claim welfare, so Cred Forums is right in the sense that they don't pay taxes but they also can't get help from the government.

What's the point in a wall?

The damage is done, has been done for decades.

This is just stupid.

This. Fuck borders.

We're all human.

They don't need to be a citizen. They just need a ssn. Very common for people to steal the ssn and sell to the illegals. Almost funny how broken the system is, doesn't even keep track of what the ssn is being used for.

Hmm then why does israels walll work though?

I honestly thought this guy was ATB from Cracked.

he dresses up as the classic image of a leftist nu-male cuck and then talks stupid shit. of course you autistic faggots listen to it. fucking idiots.

Yeah but anti-immigrant chain fences in bulgaria and israel reduce illegal immigration by 99.9%

>building a wall would increase the number of illegal immigrants in America

Stopped watching there.

The wall is pointless, to be honest with you family.

Give a couple of rednecks some off-road Jeeps and machine guns and tell them to have at it.

They'll stop coming in a week.

pretty much

Still ,millions of shitlibs will share this on facebook and go "LOL DRUMPF OMG CAN YOU EVEN BELIEVE LOL"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_border_barrier

They don't get welfare, it's a conservative meme to get their base angry.

Since you are going to argue his points and support the wall, come to this thread and read the tl;dr, we need people like you

I know some of my fellow Trump supporters are going to be ass blasted by Adam but he's sorta right, but Adam misses the point of the wall entirely.

Not even the heavily guarded Berlin Wall could stop everyone. However the Great Wall of China wasn't meant to stop people, it was meant to stop horses. And without horses the horde was useless.

The wall will stop trucks. Trucks of drugs running the border. Tricks of weapons and trucks of people. Illegal immigration happens, but we need to put a limiting device on it.

You are saying that having a wall will slow illegal immigration. You right since now not any human bean can just walk north from Mexico and be in the USA. Now for the other two parts, having to have a passport to get into the country will slow illegal aliens from coming into the country. For the over staying of visas, the free up man power from having to patrol 2000 miles of southern US border could be used to getting people on over stayed visas kicked out. Also a bill like Arizona proposed about 8 years ago HB-1070 was a great bill to get illegal aliens out of the country.

It really wouldn't be that hard if government workers actually tried to enforce our laws.

>A barrier that can be bypassed at all has no reason to exist
>Subway turnstiles that can be jumped are fine
>Locks on doors that can be kicked in are worthless
>Safes can be cracked so why bother
>It's possible to phish my passwords so Google should just get rid of them

This is just fucking retarded.
$25 billion is fucking nothing. We're literally 20 trillion in debt and NOW they decide "No. This is too much."

Also, who the FUCK said that the border wall A. has to follow the literal border without a single deviation, or B. it must be a straight line and fucking bisect houses?

I saw this show once when my roommate had it on. It was talking about how divorce is a good thing and the winner of sports games is just RNG.
The guy's a fuckwit who takes everything out of context and bases assumptions off of assumptions.

Self absorbed pedantic fat cuck deserves the noose

If they'll let me, I'm going to quit my job and volunteer to work on it.

Why do people even pay attention to this retard? He's the same guy who thinks Candy Crush is GOTY.

I love how Cred Forums is butthurt about this video and proceeds with insults about his looks and picks out only small seperated aspects of the whole video because they don't have enough to debunk this.

I think I did a pretty good idea of debunking the entire video in the first two posts, Colgate.

Pretty much every argument he raises is wrong or irrelevant, and is refuted in the posts above. The fact that he looks like a fat lesbian is just the icing on the cake.

This is no shocker. CollegeHumor is part of the 20% radical fringe left.