Trident nuclear warhead sub blast radius

How accurate is this image? I would like a proper answer if possible...

Other urls found in this thread:

nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
campbellmemorandum.wordpress.com/2016/07/06/trident-a-stick-with-which-to-poke-the-scots/
youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY
publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200506/cmselect/cmdfence/986/986we13.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fake and gay

+ UK use American-made nuclear weapons and aren't allowed to use them without their consent

Scotland cucked again

maybe if all them detonated at once.

The blast radius is waaay too big. 100Mt bomb will be just enough to completely destroy London. Trident is much less powerful.

Actually we can use them without 'muricans permission, and do not rely on US GPS system, they use Inertial Navigation and Steller Sighting systems to know their position.

All the USA does is handle the maintenance and in-service repair for the rocket motors and fuel tanks.

how about you try it out

fuck the scotts

Not very. They're taking the potential fallout radius for an accidental meltdown and pretending it's the effect of a Trident explosion.

Your picture was produced originally by the Scottish Greens (who have a bisexual English transvestite as leader) in support of the independence referendum.

Wrong.

the uk developed their nukes independently from the us and the trident nukes are 100% under british command, why the hell would they need the consent of the americans to use them?

Your cloudy awful weather increasing the radius of destruction from over pressure.

>nuclear warheads
>spontaneously detonating
SNP voters everyone

Because hes a butthurt Frog who hates being inferior to us in every single way that he has to talk shit.

>I've been watching too many American made, Victorian age set movies

>does is handle the maintenance and in-service repair for the rocket motors and fuel tanks.

Oh, so they don't even work then?

>millions of lives

saves us billions in prescription & uni fees then you free loading northern bastards

No our fault Scotland is a gloomy mire

>Do they value English lives more?

I know I do.

That's not possible. Fallout radius maybe

sweet i live in scotland but im outside the blast zone

Completely false

1. Warheads used by Trident aren't anywhere near powerful enough to do that much damage

2. The warheads can't detonate unless primed and actually launched - even if terrorist got access to the warheads and tried to blow them up nothing would happen

3. The AWE that designs and maintains our warheads is based in Berkshire - so even if they could spontaneously combust and the blast radius was the size in the picture, all of London and Southern England would be destroyed, not just Scotland

>How accurate is this image?

I have no idea. The tool I usually use only goes up to 100 megatons, which is bigger than the biggest nuclear bomb detonated to date. For a 100 megaton bomb, it says not remotely accurate.

nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

>All the USA does is handle the maintenance and in-service repair for the rocket motors and fuel tanks

Oh, nothing!

Nuclear = bad in the eyes of the SNP

That's why we're helping destroy the planet by mining rare materials for wind turbines. Green energy is a farce.

Why do people bully us Scots all the time

i dont see an issue here, it wipes out all the shit areas of scotland

It's garbage.

For starters it looks like it assumes airburst to me, not explosion in a submarine, or even in a submarine under-ware.

Secondly even it if was within a sub, it takes no account of topology which has significant effect with any explosion.

Thirdly, I do not know what yield they have dialed-in to the warheads/MIRVs but it wouldn't be this big even at maximum yield.

Having said that, I for one would be happy enough to see the jocks lose Trident, and all the jobs it creates, and have it relocated to the USA for a few years while we get our act together in England. However there are significant underwater ranges in Scotland that would be hard to reproduce here without a lot more time/money.

campbellmemorandum.wordpress.com/2016/07/06/trident-a-stick-with-which-to-poke-the-scots/

>SNP voters everyone

It's from a Green Party campaign.

that would be a very generous estimate of the fallout radius of a sub born warhead.
So unless there isn't any wind and every bodies going outside and playing in the down fall it's totally false

thanks god and the queen the island i get my wisky from are out of the blast radius.

because you're ugly and the way you talk is ugly

The SNP are fucking farcical
>"""Nationalist"""
>SJW tier, plan to replace scots with shitskins

Fuck Scotland, even their attempt to secede was cowardly, at least thanks to the SNP we won't have a Labour government for a good while

nothing would happen, nukes are a scam and your trident missile are just conventional missiles

This is the real blast radius of a Trident D5

Don't be such a bunch of tossers.

Would totally a chick from scotland. The rare bonny lass with a firm round ass.

I don't think it works like that

>doesn't even wipe out glasgow
dissapointed desu lad

The Scots bring it on themselves every time by being huge babies over the fact that the English have the temerity to be in the United Kingdom but also want preferential treatment for everything and crying whenever the English want something for themselves.

They didn't even leave when they had the chance but still whine about it. I would love Scotland and the Scottish people if they stopped being such huge lefty crybabies about everything.

Bullshit. There`ll be not a Boom but a "plop" and no real effects. Nuclear weapons will not detonate (and even if, underwater the effect is not huge and readiaion falloff neglectable), so only real danger would be reactor - but deep underwater, it`ll be no real danger either.

Everyone in the world who had nuclear weapons also tested them, and surprisingly,the world still exists.

The UK is the most powerful country in the Universe we don't need America's permission to use our grav-charges or are anti-matter colliders let alone our nuclear warheads lol.

>The UK is the most powerful country in the Universe

Nice bait. Have a (you).

If there's a nuclear war then Glasgow gets bombed anyway because it's a population center.

Trident doesn't just "go boom", it needs to be affirmatively fired. Nuclear weapons aren't TNT where if someone flicks a cigarette but at it it blows up

And if trident were ever used they would be fired from the subs at sea, not the Clyde base.

God damn scotnats are retarded.

0%.

First of all: No nuclear weapon has a blast radius even remotely close to that size, not even a little. And even the exclusion zone for fallout would be a fraction of that.

Secondly: Trident can't "go boom". Even if you strapped a stick of C4 to every nuclear missile on trident and detonated them all at once, it would not create a nuclear explosion if the missile is not armed.

It would throw up a lot of nuclear material sure, but that could be either harmless or dead for anyone within 1000 miles depending on wind patterns.

let's properly load up that Trident with 12 W88

You're a meme country, I actually like Scotland a lot and you used to be based but something happened after devolution and you just became cunts

maybe it's because scotland is a lot less dense than england

Wait, so we literally have a "get rid of Scotland" button and we haven't used it yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY

Everyone who tested nuclear weapons is fine.

user what are you doing! You're telling the Aryan about our secret weapons!

I'm going to set the record straight:

1. The UK does not own its Trident missiles—they are leased from the USA. UK Trident submarines must regularly visit the US base at King's Bay, Georgia to return their missiles to the US stockpile for maintenance and replace them with others.

2. The British Prime Minister could give the order to fire Trident missiles without getting prior approval from the White House.

3. However the chance of that happening is near zero.

publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200506/cmselect/cmdfence/986/986we13.htm

Considering there's 50+ Tonnes of stored plutonium (enough to make multiple Tsar Bombas) just slightly south of that blast radius, everything is okay.

Aberdeenians and Highlanders can recolonize the rest.

>mfw Aberdonian

sheep shaggin bastards > (((edinburg))) > glasjew > scumdee

>3. However the chance of that happening is near zero.

Such a retarded thing to say.
UK has retaliatory nukes. That means we only use them if we're getting nuked.
That means nobody cares if we have America's approval because the world is over anyway

It seems excessive. I doubt any individual warhead would exceed 1MT, and most of them are probably 250-500Kt.

that blast radius looks like 1000 megatons

A blast that size would be an extinction level event.

Or even more, maybe it is the fallout area with out any wind?

The U.K. has total control over when it uses its nuclear deterrent.

Are you fucking retarded lad? Do you really think a nation would spend billions on a deterrent it can't use without permission?

Don't make me laugh, frog.

its bullshit, the yield of a weapon that would cause that kind of damage is bigger than Tsar Bomba, and if one was to misfire at full yield it wouldn't set the others off it would incinerate them instantly

pic related the actual yield of a worst case scenario trident accident

yes 4 million Scottish lives are less valuable then 50 million English ones. why is snp so retarded

America operates a policy of fire first, we operate a policy of fire second.

That image is absolute horse shit.

Pictures kind of misleading. That's not the blast radius but the extent of the fallout.

alright

What about 4million vs 4million?