Is using adblocker degenerate?

Is using adblocker degenerate?

I don't want to be a gib me dat.

What about piracy and being NEET? Also degenerate? Perhaps there is a middle ground somewhere.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Mechazawa/FuckFuckAdblock
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

uBlock Origin is better

You should disable it for sites you regularly use and want to support though.

Not JewTube though, fuck Jewgle.

I bet you pay for movies and software too.

Maybe the internet needs to find methods of monetization that aren't ads.

You totally shouldn't do that. Someone, not me I'm too lazy, needs to create a set of rules so that the weaker minded among us will know how to proceed in typical everyday circumstances. No faq for now though, so ask away, any other questions about what's right and what's wrong? What you should and shouldn't do.

Yeah that's what I use.

You are hurting the content providers then too.

I'd download a car if I could.

If you don't disable it on YouTube, your speed is gonna slow af and using that site will be uncomfortable.

Uh no

When websites stop putting up the most retarded bullshit as ads I'll stop using it. A banner ad loaded on my phone at the last second and I clicked it, long story short I had to change my phone number. These fucks have taken enough of my shekels.

Youtube went to shit when they tried cramming google+ on it.

Fuck adverts and everyone involved in the advertising business. They are perhaps the only industry that actively worsens peoples quality of life as a matter of course.

I use adblock but only on sites that are rendered unusable by the adverts they put on it. Sometimes I'll go on a website and simply cannot get to the article / page I intended to look at because its trying to open 3 pop ups, load 7 video adverts, it has 5 'invisible' click links and 20 false 'download' buttons.

Also, websites that still have those 'Click here to find out how this worthless guy makes infinite money working from home!' ads.... they deserve to be adblocked. The website must have concluded I am within the demographic of those who would fall for such bullshit... fine, they dont get my shekels.

to be more precise, javascript is stupid, and a security risk

turn it off, and you don't need adblock

>I'd download a car if I could.

3D printing maybe? It's too far fetch but maybe in a few decades.

>Is NEET degeneracy?
Of course it is. NEETs are leeches contributing nothing to society.

I hate being advertised to, so fucking much. If i need a product ill go looking for it. I don't need to be sold some scammy product that is generally shit because they spent all their money on marketing instead of R and D. The eternal jew will always try to sell more of a inferior product instead of doing it right like a real person.

If all the money dried up from media the internet would be run by amateurs and regular people.

This would be a good thing. Never watch an ad.

>When websites stop putting up the most retarded bullshit as ads I'll stop using it

I tell myself this but honestly I won't. Maybe for smaller sites but certainly not for the big dogs.

I've never understood how there can so much money in advertising. Can't wait for that bubble to burst.

websites are free to block Adblock users

or they can put their content behind a paywall

so stop whining you shniveling kikes

No. I wouldn't use one if ads were only non-intrusive, but they contain scripts thaf track you and leave cookies, violating my privacy.

Begging people not to use an adblocker is ridiculous. Businesses have to adapt to a changing market, not the other way around (like with Obama's bailouts).

I don't get why youtube hasn't blocked it yet? Other sites can tell you're using it and make you disable it.

This is the best adblocker around.

I think this is obvious, but actually advertising spending is correlated with greater quality. It's a matter of incentives. If you spend too much in advertising for a shitty product, you usually only screw the early adopters, not the others. So the product has got to be at least decent.

That's horsecock. Adblockers block ad scripts, so the page will actually load quicker because it has less to download.

Wasting your time and energy watching ads is degenerate

Too many ads serve malware.
Security trumps all

You mean like subscription fees? Yah that should go over well with everybody.

You can get around that, too. There will always be ways to get around ads.

github.com/Mechazawa/FuckFuckAdblock

I am not against ad supported content, but I tend to run an old laptop relative to current models because I look after it.

I noticed my computer running slow around 2002, I was probably using a 1999 laptop, so installed an ad blocker then and everything was great. It was around the time that flash/shockwave ads were at their worst, auto-playing, noisy, 10x larger files than the page they were placed on etc.

I have been through a few laptops since then, but never tried using them without an ad-blocker. I dont know if ads are less intrusive now, or if they are still a pain in the ass because I have barely seen an ad since 2002. I cant say I am missing anything, my friends of the same age think the same.

>t. small youtuber

>when you use a friend or work computer and its filled with fucking ads you had no idea existed

i cant believe normies

the worst is a normie who enjoys ads, like theyre entertainment

literally capitalist cuckoldry

I only started using adblock when ads started giving me malware and auto-playing videos. (seriously WHY? I want to read an article and I get NEW OXYCLEAN 6GORRILION IS SO POWERFUL IT COULD EVEN BLEACH YOUR MOMS DIRTY ASSHOLE)

whats the deal with the new ads? They are an invisible overlay on whatever site you are visiting. When you try to click a link it immediately pops up and ad and you have to go back and click into the website you want.

I can honestly say I've seen an advert and thought "oh yeah, I'll just go out and get that thing now without thinking about it" I don't see why there's any money in it really.

How does the ad broker know all about your mums dirty asshole?

Part of the failure of ads is you have no way of indicating that you are NO LONGER interested in Mercedes, Dragon Dildos, or ass bleach like the guy above, either because you have already purchased or changed your mind.

The Internet was so much better before advertising appeared. Free market capitalism is degenerate and ruins everything it touches. Fact.

Youtube went to shit when google bought it. It was much better when there were no algorithims manipulating the recommended and top videos.

adsense has your entire households google results to sell you asshole bleach ASAP because the jews need their shekels

I only block domains that use pop-ups

Asking others for help to determine if something is degenerate is degenerate. It's one of those if-you-have-to-ask-you'll-never-know deals.

using AdBlock sure is
uBlock/uMatrix and/or NoScript is the only way to go

I started using adblock when youtube had unskippable 30 second ads.

Cunts made their bed, i'll never not use an adblocker for the internet.

It makes me laugh how much browsing pol has wrecked my youtube recommendations. Its 90% "FEMINISTS BTFO FLAT EARTH PROOF THE JEWS DON'T WANT YOU TO SEE"

I never click on them and yet they are always there.

I don't have a problem with ads. The problem is sites that have videos auto play, and cover the entire thing in ads. It makes the internet unpleasant to use so I use ad block.

I don't mind if Linustechtips has an advert about computer parts in his video because its something I might be interested in. What I'm not interested in is an ad that comes up before my black metal video telling me I should go to christiandating.com.

If sites want me to not block their ads then don't have so many. I don't block on Cred Forums. And if youtube creators want some ad bucks then do like linus and just have ads in the actual videos.

Sites/creators need to adapt.

Also I love it when I get linked to some random site and they have a message bitching about my adblock being on. I guess I won't be visiting that site.

>Linustechtips
lol, you're watching an ad before paid advertisement

I think it's all about brand recognition. They don't expect you to jump and buy their shit right away. When the time comes that you are buying the product that they produce you will go for their brand over their rivals because it has been drilled into your head with all the advertising.

But the money is still insane. Adidas paid United £750m to be their sponsor. That's an expensive advertisement. They also sponsor Bayern, Chelsea, Messi, Pogba and dozens of other teams and players.

The PL and NFL tv deals are in the billions. The networks have to sell a lot of ads to make that back. But somehow it must work out or else they wouldn't be doing it.

Ads are degenerate.

I use it for sites I actually feel deserve it, and then turn it off for sites where ads arent too obnoxious and I know it helps.

l-like Cred Forums :^]

Always have it for YouTube, just to make sure I dont give my cents for watching shitty videos.

Advertising is degenerate.

AdBlocker is therefore not.

I mean I use adblock, to block youtube's ad for whatever pile of crap I don't care about. But I don't mind Linus's ads because they are for stuff related to the video that I'm watching, and probably interested in.

Think about Facebook and Snapchat

It's all ads, the data is there but that's so insignificant in comparison, probably 1% or less versus the value of capturing eyes and ears

You're not getting what I'm saying. Linus's videos are advertisements.

I wont support any fucker making money off youtube/twitch. These types of people are already making neet bux

This. When I want something I do my research on it and pick what suits my needs. If you want me to buy your shit show me the specs and spare me the pitch.

All personalised web advertising is attempted mind control. The more the ad companies learn about you, the easier you are to direct.

Make sure to delete LSOs and change your canvas fingerprint on a regular basis.

t. Google AdSense

It's always fun to introduce some boomer to adblockers and blow their fucking minds

>I only started using adblock when ads started giving me malware
Does this hapen? Just getting malware without downloading anything? I don't think this has ever happened to me but I hear stories like this all the time.

On mobiles

Nice. At that point though, I just refuse to use the site.

When you visit a webpage raw, you run all the scripts on the page. This can download malware.

I think a lot of it is reminding you that things you already like exist. I remember a while ago somebody posted some old corn pops ad with the guy from Breading Bad in it and made me want to get some because I hadn't had it in a while and I realized for the first time that an ad totally worked on me.

>Just getting malware without downloading anything?

Of course this has happened. Fonts, some images, javascript, java, flash, silverlight.... all have had vulnerabilities that lead to malware infection.

Artificial scarcity is the highest form of Jewry. Block, copy and download all you want.

I use adblock because not using it makes some sites borderline unusable. Such as basically all wikis

/thread

why don't mods do their job?

Turn off your pesky addblock

I do whitelist sites with ads that are just pictures though, including here

I don't care about """""""content providers""""""" making 199,999.996$ instead of 200000$ though

Yes Goyim, choosing not to view advertisements from the globabl propaganda machine is absolutely degenerate! Now please disable all your blockers and proxies, and make sure to give advertisers as many meaningless clicks and likes as you can so we can trick companies into thinking they have worth!

adblocker is not in league with ad companies. use ublock origen instead. and turn off the damn javascript you tools

Adblockers are degenrate and anti capitalist. Prove me wrong.

I use adblock, but turn it off for sites that I use and want to support

> Is using adblocker degenerate?

No, but using it on Cred Forums is.

Doesn't that fuck up the website?

See my point about the market

No. You allow the scripts the site actually needs to run (cdn's, cloudfront, etc.), and block the scripts that collect metadata. I can share my huge untrusted.noscript entry if you're using a firefox-based browser.

I am share please. Is there anyway to stop website from blocking ublock? I was trying to stream a fight and site wanted me to turn off my ad blocker

dumbass

Ad supported websites can host malware.
My browser settings tell sites not to track me, they fucking track me anyway.
Browser is set to open new windows in a new tab, fucking new windows show up anyway with loud ass streaming bullshit I don't want.

If the fark squirrel dies because I used adblock, I will mail Drew Curtis a new squirrel.

Pic not related.