1% of $5,000,000 is $50,000

The median salary in the U.S. is ~$51,000.

There are banks that offer no fee savings accounts that return 1% of your balance interest.

In other words, if you deposited $5,000,000 into one of these accounts and left it there, you'd earn $50,000 each year by just sitting on your ass.

You could live quite comfortably on $50,000 a year and $5,000,000 isn't really a lot of money if you think about it. I bet if you put your mind to it and spent all of your time trying to come up with a way to earn $5,000,000 within 10 years, you could do it.

This means if you spent your 20's committed to earning $5,000,000 and you manage to pull it off, you could spend the remainder of your life free to do whatever you wanted because you'd be able to live off of the 1% interest that $5,000,000 would be making you each year.

So why aren't you sacrificing your 20s trying to earn $5 million dollars?

If I'm smart enough to make $5 million, I'm smart enough not to put it in a bank account for a 1% rate of return.

what are taxes?
what are property taxes?
Also, in the US the maximum a bank can hold and still be federally insured is 250k, so "oops" if you suddenly lose it :)

This basically, having money and maintaining it is actually quite difficult which is why rich people are constantly fucking with the government for gibs tax breaks on property and capital gains

>tfw your gold Rolex appreciates faster than savings accounts

So i can get rich doing nothing?
Sweet

Banks will get bailed out every single time without one single exception, it's impossible for any of them to fail

Yeah $500k a year is a reasonable amount to earn, for sure

>two tone 80s datejust
>appreciates

no m8

This. OP is a retard.

Rolex is the watch middle aged men with no fashion sense wear and think people notice

Buy a nomos, loser

whats your occupation?

Why don't you guys just become rich?

Fed only cover 250k youd be retarded to do what you suggest kill yourself

I make $7/hour at 22 I should have those 5 million bucks buy 30

>I bet if you put your mind to it and spent all of your time trying to come up with a way to earn $5,000,000 within 10 years, you could do it.

Or I could just claim centrelink and sit on my ass, play video games and do nothing all day.

Just LOL at having to earn 5,000,000 just to do what I can do for free.

>soft, feeble looking hands

try lifting user

You can get a lot better than 1%. 7% is considered a bad year for a lot of companies. I've heard stories of people getting up to 20%

I think your math is a bit off.

because i found out that when i deposit that $5 million, the bank is authorized to create $4.5 million out of thin air and loan it out to people with interest. On a macroeconomic scale, that interest is literally impossible to pay without printing more $ and destroying the value of my deposited $5 million.

historic annual inflation is 5-6% over the past century. i'd starve to death with 1% ROI

My parents used their lifesavings of 1 million and bought 5 houses and 1 condo in America after the recession in 2008 (Houses were dirt cheap due to forclosers).

Now they make $95,000 USD per year off the rent of the 6 properties. Putting your money in the bank for 1% interest is fucking retarded l.

OP you realize inflation rates grow at 1-2% a year right? So you are actually losing money. Seriously do people not know how nominal interest rates work?

This is stupid for too many reasons to list. The shortest way to put it is that no part of this works this way. The most important part of what OP got wrong is that liberals are always Robert Reiching some meaningless knowitall math proof, but when they are in power they are always caught completely off guard by things that this sort of planning cannot afford to ignore.

>inflation rate
>1-2%

Have you ever looked how the inflation is calculated? I mean wow typewriters and mobile phones got 30% cheaper but costs of living went 20% up, sure inflation is only 2%

>what are taxes?
>what are property taxes?
Things that everybody has to pay even if they earn a regular income from a job. Use google next time. Investopedia.com can answer all of your dumb questions.

>The median salary in the U.S. is ~$51,000.

Wrong. Household income. There's a difference.

>Year of our Lord 2016
>Interest still exists
That ship has long sailed. Banking interest is so low these days you'd need 5 times that amount to make 50k a year. The reason why? QE. Banks literally get money for free.

Nice tan.

you could also just take $50,000 out of that bank account as it would take you a hundred years to take it all out.

ARE YOU A MEMBER OF THE HOMOSEXUAL COMMUNITY?

I HAVE SOME SERVICES TO OFFER YOU.

The most you could make earning minimum wage in a year would be $87,464 (before taxes) assuming you work 40 hours each week at $7.25 and the remaining 128 hours each week at time-and-a-half pay for $10.88. Which means it would take over 57 years to earn $5,000,000 (before taxes). Good luck, pal

Look a newfag to Economics.
Fischer's equation: real interest rate = nominal interest rate - inflation.
1% won't keep up with average US inflation for the last 30 years. It might be temporarily fine since inflation is low because oil, but long term is retarded.
It's better to go with the stock market. Average returns: 10%. Say you have $1M, that's $100,000 per year on average marginally, $80,000 adjusted for inflation. Stock market is just more volatile.

Wow, that was reddit as fuck

What does that even mean?

Don't put it in a bank making 1% buy rental houses making 10% per year. You could live on 500,000 per year instead of just 50,000 and you have real assets instead of just digital currency

The bank of canadas job is to keep inflation rates at 1-2% a year.

People think of money like it's some kind of elementary physical force-- like just having a lot of it will make everything anyone anywhere wants just magically appear out of thin air. Money is power, they say.

Right now, that's pretty much true. People make money at their jobs, and it gives them a piddling little bit of trading power they can exchange for things they need.

A few people, though, have a LOT of money, and these people accordingly have a lot of power. It's easy to get confused here, but don't mistake the phenomenology. Those people who have money "legitamately" aren't powerful because they have it. They have money because they're powerful.

There's far more money out there than there are products, assets, and maybe even labor you could ever buy with it all. Why is this? It's not because of inflation, at least not totally-- it's because the market drives prices, and the *real* 1% are keeping a lot of the money off of the market. This means that when they want to, they can exert nearly unlimited power, make the entire economy suddenly bow down, every worker, every company could, if they wanted them to, dedicate all their time and resources to them. Of course, dumping that much money into the peons' hands will inflate the money supply greatly, but it's really only a matter of time until the fat cats get it all back, and prices stabilize to the point where average joes can reliably afford thier necessities again.

Money is NOT a placeholder for value. It is a placeholder for power. On a micro scale, sure, you can save up, you can invest wisely to get ahead, or you might be lucky and posess a skill or some other attribute of great worth-- like fame. But at the end of the day, your life's savings will never outgrow, at least not by much, the worth of your own personal power.

Lotto winnings almost never grow. They either slowly drain away over a lifetime or two, or they are gone within a year. Why is that?

Per HOUSEHOLD! The average American will never see $51k :D

It means GTFO

your id says edgy

>it gives them a piddling little bit of trading power they can exchange for things they need.

I'm so glad that this is not the case in my country.

>1 post by this id

All you dumb niggers got trolled

Yeah in your country money is meted out, and taken away by the state. Americans are beta chimps, struggling in place, getting by on the bare necessities. You are domesticated. Owned totally, body heart and soul.

Draught animals, that's what you are.

And the CBC's job is to provide impartial media coverage.

..or I could just spend the 5,000,000 dollarydoos. And If I've already earnt 5mil I'm sure I could earn more.

>while the banks fractionally lend it out.........

why dont u practice the kike art of usury?

>taken away by the state

Well I pay about 30% of income tax. I'm pretty sure that's not much compared to America. It's pretty great not to have to worry about anything.

>1% rate of return on an investment is good

Kys senpai

Cattle too, worry about little.

Anyway, let's not get too far off subject here. Even if you think you have it better in your country, the mechanics are exactly the same. You make money in accordance with your ability to negotiate the human world (unless even that is taken away from you).

There's a huge gap in the understanding of money between the rich and working class. Even if the government put the programs in place from a position of sincere desire to build a good nation for the people they're in charge of, they still gained power over you. And human nature being what it is, things will on average follow a certain path.

You see it in the opulent lifestyles of almost every figure who has ever come to power-- even of relatively egalatarian states. Your EU elites are being allowed to live in exclusive upscale communities with every imaginable luxury and ammenity, while producing pretty much nil.

I'm not making any kind of statement in favor of any political system here. I'm just describing a basic fact of life. Something people need to have a grasp of.

The median salary is the US is 24k

What the fuck are you talking about

>You make money in accordance with your ability to negotiate the human world (unless even that is taken away from you).

Let's just say I don't need to negotiate too much :)

Here trying to get rich just isn't a thing. There's no need because all the needs are taken care for.

Itt.: Burger millennial trying to understand economics and failing miserably.

That's fine-- as long as you have more inherent value to your owners alive and employed than ground up into dogfood.

I didn't really want to get into genetic shit in this thread but it's out there so here we go-- You live in a homogenous country fully of people who, on a cultural and genetic level, don't need much prodding to produce things of value. If you get invaded by shitskins, and it's ruled that discriminating against them in things like welfare isn't allowed, expect to become like us almost overnight.

Those wheels have to go keep turning, or the whole system breaks down. When the cattle feed is eaten by maurading rats, humans don't exterminate the rats, no matter how logical a solution it'd be. But they for damn sure don't leave the feed in the same troughs they did (unless they're trying to destroy their farm for the insurance money or something-- I'm over extending the metaphor at this point but I think you got it)

Also, I realize a lot of what I've said here reads like some marxist diatribe, lots of shit about the elites exploiting you and I guess that's objectively true. But it's just the way things are-- you could say that worker ants are exploited by their queens, and yeah, that's true, but you completely miss the real underlying phenomenon of an ant hill. The workers continue to exist because their actions facilitate the existence of more workers, more ant-hills, more ants.

5 houses and a condo for 1 million? what the fuck? thats like one ok house and an ok condo. you're full of shit or your parents bought houses in the ghetto and rent to nigs

>The median salary in the U.S. is ~$51,000.

That's the median *household* income.

The median income for a single working adult is $26K.

>: DOGGIE_05.webm

More WEAVE_05.webm

$200K buys a nice house in 90% of America.

Not everyone lives on Long Island.

Of course no "melting pot" can have a welfare state. But for us it works very well.

Btw. Most of the shitskins left for home already

Arizona duder.

*matchstick house

Them poor rich bastards!

>wearing shoes inside the house
>putting shoes up on the furniture
I don't give a shit what you have on your wrist, you're a fucking nigger.

how can you possibly believe its that fucking easy to make 5 million? Youd have to generate 10s of millions of dollars in sales to pay all the taxes and operating costs associated with your effort. Its very difficult to make your own money and have more money at the end of the year than you owe to the banks and government

You'd need to make 500,000 a year for 10 years to reach 5 million - not including living expenses. By the time you hit 30 (10 years from now) inflation will have also caught up - so that 5 million wouldn't have been worth what it was 10 years previously.

Basically it's a stupid idea unless you are banking at least 750,000 a year.

This.

Who the fuck puts all of their savings in a bank? There are stocks with higher dividends.

A company called Strax paid 45.37% in dividents this year. They sold of a part of their company, bought another and still had a lot of money left, they decided to give it to their stock owners.

With that said it's not hard to find relatively stable companies that give 6% in dividents yearly.

why do that when I can just get on welfare instead and enjoy my 20's? why let blacks hog all the welfare? if I pay taxes I deserve welfare too.

>So why aren't you sacrificing your 20s trying to earn $5 million dollars?

Because with a 1% interest, inflation is going to eat my money up and I'll be a poorfag again by the time I'm 40.

how does this nigga have stars and shieet

Name three.

/thread

also im pretty sure if EVERYONE did this then the return would drop to nothing.

Why the fuck would someone rent out a 600k house?

You can get a nice house to rent in a Midwest college town for less than 200k.

>have 5 million
>live on its interest
wut

>Also, in the US the maximum a bank can hold and still be federally insured is 250k, so "oops" if you suddenly lose it :)

Look at this fucking retard.

Look at him and laugh.

You might as well wear a sign that says please rob me. Depends where you live/who you are.

>living off a 1% return
>what is a diversified portfolio

I'd be good to go to live off 3-4%, if I had $2-3M.

Currently I only have $350K saved so it's a long road ahead. Considering investing some of that into income generating properties to speed up the process.

Retiring at 30 is tough, especially when you go to college and start working at 22-23. I should be able to 'make it' before 35 though.

These are all from OMX and are large companies that are relatively stable.
Nordea, Tele2, SEB.

I could live the rest of my life spending those 5mil I don't need to save them, I don't buy expensive stuff anyway.

1% interest means every 72 years you will double your money.

If you make 36% interest you will double your money in 2 years.

So right now savings is about .5% so it will take you 144 years to double your money.

So 500,000 @ 1% is only 7,000$ a year.

If it were 3% 500,000$ would make you 20,000$ a year.

t. Shekelstein Collecterov Goldberg

Milo?

>OP you realize inflation rates grow at 1-2% a year right?

You can also add close to negative interest rates.

>1% interest on your deposit

Good goyim.

Vanguard Index Funds.

>buying index funds when you can just buy all of the stocks in the index without paying their annual fee's

Ford stock is looking cheap with ~6 p/e ratio and a ~5% dividend. I'd stay away from financial stocks atm though

Nordea: banking conglomerate, likely to crash and burn because of exposure to DB. Will probably get bailed out, so maybe.
Tele2: telecoms are pretty volatile, but maybe.
SEB: shipping company. Hanjin anyone?

None are particularly stable in my mind. If you bought five years ago, great. Would I buy today? Fuck no.

>why aren't you sacrificing your 20s trying to earn $5 million dollars?

This question should answer itself if you have any real intelligence.

>Ugly cheap shoes
>Wearing belt

Pleb confirmed.

Imo shipping has a lot of profit potential due to oil prices being kept down by NA fracking. Most shipping companies I've looked at project their fuel costs based on $100 a barrel.

As you said DB will likely kill any chance of financial stock gains for at least 6-12 months and the housing market is still in a bubble due to the bailouts

Then why did Hanjin just go tits up?
Global trade is slowing, and if Trump wins I expect an even more significant slowdown as protectionism kicks in. I'm not saying shipping is a terrible business, just that I'd be inclined to wait and see.

>you can live comfortably on $50k
pff, you can live comfortably on £20k over the pond in england. i grew up with 4 siblings on my father's factory job

>what is inflation?
Money is the bank is a loss these days.

>he doesn't know about the second bail stipulation of the TARP act
Back to hell with you, fagboy

>get free $50k! (1%)
The inflation rate is 5% .
>REEEEE eEEEEEEEE

From what I understand it died from losing military contracts and decreasing American exports.

Ironically my family owns a shipping company that was in direct competition with Hanjin at one of its ports. If Hanjin went through anything like what our company did it's likely they had to go into massive debt during the recession (our shipments dropped like 50% that year)

I guess you don't need a belt when you're wearing coveralls at your janitorial job huh?

Rolex do not appreciate. Their insurance replacement value goes up. Nice try though.

Fair enough, but I guess my argument is that we seem to have another doozie of a crisis on the horizon. Why buy now when a major discount is potentially right around the corner?

My grandparents did the same. My grandpa was a real estate agent and my grandma was a school secretary. Both making pretty mediocre incomes and bought a triplex when the market went down a bit sometime in the 60's, I believe. Every few years they'd buy another one. They both retired in their 50's and are multi millionaires now.

Most shipping companies are already heavily discounted for fear of another recession. I'd avoid any that had to draw significant amounts from their lines of credit during the recession as those should be fairly safe going forward. Ironically this would exclude my family's business as well :(

I also don't expect the coming market correction to be anywhere near as bad as the last. There aren't enough people who think the economy is doing well to assume that the market is to overly bullish

They were in Las Vegas

fpbp

140k-175k each and the condo was 80k

1% is 5000 tard.

pic related, it's (you)

What is inflation?

Wow all I need is 5 million dollars to life a comfortable life? If only I thought of this sooner OP

S&P: flirting with all time highs.
Interest rates: lows that are literally unprecedented in 5000 years of recorded human history.
Central banks: load = blown.

Maybe you're just more optimistic than I am, but at this stage of the cycle I favour liquidity and PMs (bought over a period of years, not necessarily at today's prices), but then I'm a nutter so take it for what it's worth.

this sort of lifestyle requires you to be isolated from socialization; women and friends suck up money.

You do know what website you're on, yes?

This.

Thanks for nothing OP

Money is a representation of production and tokens of exchange of said production for earned, if all the production were seized and a new currency were issued people with excessive tokens would have nothing relative to the bew producers currency which would be devied out solely to the producers will.

I bet your a whizz at math, huh

banks only insure up to 200k

Wrong. You'd loose money because you because 1% is less than the average rate of inflation

Learn2money

If all the farmers unipnized they could dtarve out the current populaces to becone the power base.

What about inflation? In India you can get 15% year on year on top bluechip stocks and 6% interest rate in saving accounts in banks

Designated investment accounts?

>In India you can get

in trouble for shitting outside the designated area.

Oh all investments >1 year are tax deductible. Hedge/Mutual funds guarantee a 15-20% tax deductible returns. Invest in India before it is too late pals ;)

Is it a good idea to invest in Indian toilet companies? They will probably make bank when you guys learn to poo in the loo.

thats why you have the worst wealth inequality in the world and a frail nation which will go up in flames the next time european stability is shaken.

Maybe
But it is a risk ;^)

>tfw mixed brazilianamerican
>more spic than white
WHY DID YOU HAVE TO FUCKING RACE MIX DAD? WHY COULDNT I BE WHITE? MY SISTER IS WHITE AS SHIT BUT IM NOT

Fuck wrong thread

I'm on the verge of retiring with 75k at 25. you aren't thinking clearly.

>So why aren't you sacrificing your 20s trying to earn $5 million dollars?
People spend their entire lives trying to get $1 million, there isn't any chance of me getting $5 million unless I win the fucking lottery.

Is Cred Forums all upper class or something? Do you guys have any idea what real working life is like at all for the average person?

Not a clue.

can someone give de sauce of this webm?

Wtf I hate shit skins now

>⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
special nigger

Oik!

No mentions of legally tax free usually 5-10% municipal bonds ?

Like you guys just enjoy giving money away to the government in taxes

still wearing a watch. not using your smartphone to keep track of time. 4everplebian.

Try driving about 50 miles away from major city centers and youll notice the housing prices dropping dramatically.

It's mostly neets and college kids with no real world experience, and it shows. Taking any sort of financial advice from the chinz is purely for the lulz.

Because unlike you I have a better understand of how both banks and money work.

That chick is not attractive once you remove all the status enhancing accessories. Also fuck your slow motion.

my bank literally gives 1% interest

>fed sets rate at 0.25% for
>put money in the bank for muh 1% interest rate
>see it get eaten up by inflation

OP is a faggot and an idiot

Fpbpfpbpfpbpfpbfpbpfpbp

>when you wear your dads clothes to make a photo for Cred Forums, but you forgot your mom piled up all your stuffed animals in the corner

so I have $30k saved up, what should I do with some of that money?

>inb4 give it to me
>inb4 here is my paypal

Build a portfolio.

buy silver

or at least remember that i said that you should buy silver. That way you can hate yourself for not buying it in a year.

if you have to ask you don't know enough, get a bunch of finance books and start reading

What is inflation for 500 alex?
If you sit on money you loose money, that's why the rich invest. Banks don't have interest even close to the rate of inflation. So that "50K" a year you are getting is worth less and less every year you sit on it.

Forex trading is the easiest fucking thing in the world and as the dollar is set to collapse, best to send it to the Rupple till January especially with the election, internet movement, saudi suit, forced over time pay bill, and FED raising their interest rates

Dollar is about to go FREEE FREE FALLING

That's fucking stupid. Why would I want to do nothing from 30 til death?

Google any number of financial independence/early retirement blogs. You can live a very comfortable life drawing 4% of your investments forever

Forex trading is literally the casino. Like it's all a casino, but forex is totally at the whim of forces that are not only beyond your control but are totally random. What makes you think China won't break down first, sending the dollar soaring? Or war were declared in some random shithole?

Tldr forex trading = bet it all on red

Well Fuck.

OP you're about 5 years too late.

Whelp time back to smoking pot errday.

Because Forex is pretty heavily tied to current events

The Rupple crashed due to the US and EU conspiring with the bankers to pull out and giving them more levity.

Now we know that the US dollar is going to crash and Russia is currently doing their revenge and is already at the limit for bankers pulling out so it's not going down much more.

GBP is pretty volitile and will probably keep rising for the next year or so before it begin to decline as they have no assurance of trade policies for when they pull out.

My moneys on Yen/Pessos/Rupple. Aus has strengthened too much lately and are due for a corrective bounce