So if we are all in an enormously large simulation

and all matter, energy etc. is simulated and the universe is just information, nothing else, while our collective consciousness is a "user" and thus linked with the metaphysical computer running the simulated universe...

what is the overall goal of it all? You know, each game, each simulation has an end, an endgame. What is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7KcPNiworbo
youtube.com/watch?v=t_RwcGzGurc
youtube.com/watch?v=jGL1x40p46s
youtube.com/watch?v=UohR3OXzXA8
youtube.com/watch?v=K4rCzA8fS84
youtube.com/watch?v=wgSZA3NPpBs
youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc
youtube.com/watch?v=WQITXbcz2hg
youtube.com/watch?v=0ZesXk1mZOg
youtube.com/watch?v=AJJ_z6pwUrE
youtube.com/watch?v=5zFBNrPLKd4
youtube.com/watch?v=u3bI1jdG5IE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualia
psmag.com/there-s-a-name-for-that-the-baader-meinhof-phenomenon-e5bf3ea87cd2#.5ekozq8y8
youtube.com/watch?v=8ORLN_KwAgs
phys.org/news/2014-05-evidence-toroidal-magnetic-field-magnetar.html
phys.org/news/2016-09-black-hole-hidden-exhaust.html
phys.org/news/2016-09-spiral-irregular-galaxies-current-dark.html
npr.org/sections/13.7/2010/05/28/127234796/discrete-space-dark-energy-and-the-real-line-toward-quantum-gravity
youtube.com/watch?v=O-kLKpQjllU
youtube.com/watch?v=o_CyMqQBO8w
youtu.be/nmC0ygr08tE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egocentric_predicament
health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/tinnitus-ringing-in-the-ears-and-what-to-do-about-it
golem.ph.utexas.edu/category/2006/09/a_plea_to_save_new_scientist.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RF_resonant_cavity_thruster#Controversy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=7KcPNiworbo

who knows man

I was gonna post this. Fucking deep if you actually think about it.

spooks me out that it makes so much sense

if there's such a thing as "past lives" then it means that there are other 'souls' that have likely lived as my exact DNA. I wonder how all the people who were ever me fared as me, and how I rank in this me compared to them.

>What is it?
>What is my purpose?

to be your *Self*.

who are you ano.n?

even if we are in a simulation, op is still a fag.

That EM thruster that was in the news awhile ago operates due to the real life equivalent of a video game physics exploit.

>even if we are in a simulation, op is still a fag.

Think this to the end. If I am a fag, then it is our collective consciousness telling the metaphysical computer that we want the information which is in the simulation say that I am a fag. Essentially, you and me together with every other conscious being *chose* for me to be a fag.

Now, why? Why would we do this? For what purpose?

The end game would be to learn about yourself. Yourself being the entire simulation that you are running. A part is only a part because it is part of a whole. To understand the whole you fragment yourself into smaller units of consciousness so you are able to experience the entire thing. It's all and nothing all at once.

y'know, for the yuks

Isn't thinking of it as a simulation just a modern psychological interpretation of the same phenomenon observed and understood by Indians, Greeks, Chinese, etc? I.e., pantheism? You can apply this same metric to UFOs, etc, where they used to be seen as angels/spirits, and now seen as aliens, although there is no solid evidence for either interpretation over the other.

How sophisticated was our collective consciousness a nano second after the big bang? If the universe was pure information back then, how did we act as a "user" in connection with the universe?

And how did the imperfection get into the universe? If you have a uniform expansion, everything should be perfectly symmetrical.

This whole existence might just be a trial-period for our dna/souls or whatever. Imagine the civilization who could simulate our universe, must be a pretty advanced and streamlined place. I imagine they don't want any undesireables ruining the place, so they sort them out in this simulation, and allow the ones who fit whatever criteria they have to ascend to their plane. Could actually be some truth about the whole reward in afterlife thing after all.

Whoever is playing as me must intentionally be fucking up my social interactions. I'm a joke playthrough.

>everything should be perfectly symmetrical

without change existence would be without expansion. Without expansion there could be no Life. Without life

... there would be nothing.

What if we are just avatars logging in experiences so intergalactic Jews can sell our life experiences for entertainment

>Whoever is playing as me must intentionally be fucking up my social interactions. I'm a joke playthrough.

There must be low level wizards in every massive multiplayer games.

They'd be going bankrupt on this crowd.

Does it even matter? Even if it is a simulation, it means that it runs on some laws from another universe. They may be more complicated than ours, they probably could be. But that does not mean that you, op are not a fag there. Perhaps whatever electrical, or higher mechanism responsible for me typing out that you are a fag. Ties down to some even larger truth of calling you a fag. Maybe you are a fag in the other world too, but not only that, but you could be a super fag in the other world.

>not posting this
youtube.com/watch?v=t_RwcGzGurc

you must vibrate to a higher level of consciousness to ascend

It would be unknowable to us. Only the creator or end user could know it.

The big bang was one of infinite fluctuations in an infinite chaotic universe with no beginning or end.

The collective consciousness arose with life. What you perceive as the universe is a simulation running on the hardware of billions of monkey brains. The software is constantly being modified collectively with the ancient goal of increasing life's power over the physical world.

>endgame
You are a 4 billion year old process with one purpose, to impose your collectively generated will on the physical world, to grow. This goal is getting challenging and confusing now that we have the power to destroy ourselves easily and even the concept of power starts to become vague.

The time we live in will be of great interest to future historians and many simulations will be run of us posting dumb shit on polynesian penis gourd forums. There is no reason to assume I'm experiencing the original physical reality now, the more simulations there will be the more likely it is I'm in one now.

we have found bugs in the system.
see

>tfw I'm just a max luck run

Please explain further.

Our reality is an online historical rpg.
In the far future, we created massive computers that could simulate realities, the one we are currently in is a near replica of several hundred years in the past.
It is an educational program that teaches children about the most important happening in history, Galactic Emperor Trump's rise to the presidency, world domination, immortality, and becoming the supreme being above all creation.

Metaphysical computer functions by...0100001111101110001100110? If Metaphysical, then on what could digital binaries possibly be based?

>4 billion
6000 years mate, 6000.

Because it is metaphysical, we cannot understand. Entities in a simulation cannot grasp what is running the simulation. The characters in Monkey Island do not understand anything about who is typing away on their computer and what hte computer is.

Ok, first you get a vibrator and stick it way up your ass.

The end game is the new level , or when you die you get to play a diffrent game. or you respawn in your mums vagina and this is actualy hell , everything is possible in a simulation this complex

Information and matter. Both act using energy.

Also, everytime you shitpost you waste the universe energy supply.

So you can shitpost the universe to death?
Cool.

Also, the universe is a simulation and you are all NPCs. My digits confirms it

FUCK YOU I'M THE MAIN CHARACTER BITCH!

Google for The Macroscope, chapters on Time and Energy

Given recent events, what kind of crazy bastards are running the simulation?

If you need a goal for a this "simulation" my best guess is that it's a simulation of how tuning the physical constants changes the uniform state of matter during extended periods of time.
But I don't believe that reality is anything close to what we image as "simulations" with our 21th century knowledge of information technology.

It's like once a game has reached its peak and become kinda boring it's fun to just destroy everything. So someone is getting Trump into power whilst someone else does IS stuff. The game over screen is coming soon.

>has an end, an endgame.
Breaking free.

>low perception
>high intelligence
>maxed luck
feels good man.

Op, this video was made for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=jGL1x40p46s

yet another irrelevant thread. when will it stop?

Simulation started 6000 years ago with a simulated ~4 billion years of history

End game is obviously to beat the first raid tier. But because everyone on the planet is some filthy casual no one's even unlocked the raid. Everyone is so focused on stupid PvP battles with little reward and most people aren't even good at that.

why are you nerfing Cred Forums?

is your dick a simulation?

lel I mean the first raid is at alpha centauri, you can't spawn any closer than that.

How can you explain dragon fossils then?

We are base reality and will not make a simulation before our own nuclear holocaust.

When religion recedes, superstition takes over. It's been this way for years. People search for a purpose they feel is inadequately explained by religion and, perversely, wind up "inventing" religion all over again.

This kind of technobabble is just the 2010s version of astrology. It's no different.

your brain is the simulator, crunching a finite amount of the infinite data available.
So yes, this experience you're having is a simulation because the real is unobservable and quantifiable.

fuck off, not Cred Forums related, plus shit-tier pop philosophy

SAME here desu senpai. I wish I wasn't being played by the retard sperg that jumps around and shoots randomly doing flips and shit in battle during a game.

Hitler believed that reality was a simulation and was about to reveal what the end game was... but then he just exited the game by logging off.

I think if we were a simulation it would most likely be from an alien AI that is searching the possibility space for the best action it can take.

Our branch probably didn't even get a good utility score

I look into the sky and I see a large red ball. The ball is falling and is gaining momentum as it falls. I know that it is falling because it is getting larger, and it's current action agrees with the law of gravity, which I have witnessed before.

I step away from where I believe the ball will fall in order to avoid it hitting me. The large red ball falls to the floor where I once stood and bounces multiple times before coming to rest. Another human walks over to the ball and picks it up off the floor.

I walk over to a qt314 and ask her out and she says no dodgeball doesn't matter.

consider this youtube.com/watch?v=UohR3OXzXA8

>assuming my completely made up fantasy is reality what's the meaning of life
You've gone this far you might as well just invent one of those too

>what is the overall goal of it all? You know, each game, each simulation has an end, an endgame. What is it?

To continue.

Fuck of shill.

There is a lonely 400 lb basement dweller behind this simulation.

>googles aren't people his reality and they arent human in this one either

The Patriots.

>an endgame. What is it?

Testing ground.

In the future they don't need things that need to be looked after

>Simulation started 6000 years ago with a simulated ~4 billion years of history

>with a simulated ~4 billion years of history

secular answer: extend the lifetime of the outer shell universe, perhaps infinitely

divine answer: to teach children about real matters of consequence, without being forced to inflict real harm or death on them

we'll know it's reaching game over when the niggers start GTA-ing en masse, voluntarily fighting with cops. oh wait

Alpha Centauri is literally the closest star. Maybe if everyone would stop wasting matts and talent points on PvP we could already be geared for alpha Centauri. So far we're not even gotten the attunement key from the mars dungeon.

Why do we run simulations in the real world? To predict weather patterns, traffic patterns, see how a building will look once its built, etc etc. There's a practical reason I'm sure, if this is a simulation. Maybe this is a prison and most of us are simulations but a few are authentic, and we have to learn something. Or be punished for something.

It's a simulation probably run by an AI. It's running it to learn more about the time before it was created, or to see different variables and possibilities that could play out.

It's an experiment.

We are all just in a game of Roy.

I'm 16 minutes into this and, Jesus Christ, I can see why it's over an hour and 40 minutes long, this guy is mind numbing, he's practically repeating himself over and over.

You really question why someone would post an 8 minute video over this?

no.
experiments has been done.

tl;dr:

1. make a single photon decide a path, only two choices: left or right
2. at this point the photon is a particle
3. when path is chosen, introduce a new choice *before* photon reaches end of path
4. its arranged so that the photon doesnt know which path it came from
5. the single photon particle suddenly now goes into wave mode, as if it was a double slit experiment
6. physics BTFO

what it mean is up to you, but the photon will retroactively make sure it went trough both paths like a wave, if your experiment demands it

>its an on-demand computer simulation

i dont know why 'they' expected us not to find this out.
or maybe they did.

Last Days in the Desert kinda has this idea. Ewan McGregor plays Jesus in the desert, and when he's talking to Satan, Satan explains that God creates the universe, runs it through until the very end, and then restarts it again and again, changing little things each time. Satan is baffled as to why and Jesus has no idea.

what else do you have to do fatboy

Well obviously nothing, since I am watching it.

But no one else in the thread has responded to it, do you wonder why? This thread will likely be gone by the time anyone would have finished watching it.

your mom and i are watching it desu we'll probably end up fucking

>all of our consciousnesses are just running in different namespaces
>mfw God is root

quit memeing and go make me some waffles

youtube.com/watch?v=K4rCzA8fS84

youtube.com/watch?v=wgSZA3NPpBs

A cartoon that explains the double slit experiment.

youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc

link?

For science. Think of any field currently where simulations are used. Then imagine how much you could learn with literally life-like simulations.

question is: what do they want us to be like?

kind, curious, intelligent

Wow, now he's asserting with steadfast certainty that our consciousnesses exist outside the simulated reality and that religion was really onto something.

Feels like he's too enamoured with the videogame analogy, he's pretty much literally applying it to reality, just because we still lack solid evidence for exactly where consciousness lies within the brain.

your mom put her finger in my ass so i didn't get that far m8

>Reality is a simulation
>There is no God
>Morals don't matter
>life doesn't matter
If it was proven real then everyone would turn into a degenerate that rapes, steals and murders for fun. There would be no consequences.

>There would be no consequences.
there already aren't lol
morals and god are madeup

no consequences on a greater scope yeah
but what about for u?
do you really care about whether or not things matter on that greater scope?
what about your life? your world?

Why does reality being a simulation negate the possibility of a god?

Can't be proven or disproven. Not worth discussing seriously.

If reality is a simulation then it means that we have no soul. There may be a God outside of the simulation but we are pretty much just pixels in a computer. It wouldn't matter to us if a god existed.

>Not worth discussing seriously.
i discussed ur mom seriously

Silly reaction. Who made the simulation if not a god? Maybe not a Christian god, by the standard definition, but the idea still makes sense.

Why would we have no soul?
If the soul can interact with reality enough to influence non simulated reality then it can interact with simulated reality.

U won't like me when I'm angry M8

This video always sends chills down my spine.

He's not wrong. Whoever is running a simulation might have added an automated system which has the ability to go outside of the boundaries of the laws of simulation like physics etc. It's just not a god in a traditional sense of the word

>If reality is a simulation then it means that we have no soul. There may be a God outside of the simulation but we are pretty much just pixels in a computer. It wouldn't matter to us if a god existed.

The simulation argument says our consciousness has to be outside of the VR. It's like playing an Orc in world of warcraft. Our consciousness controls the Orc avatar. So in this reality, our consciousness is controlling our body avatar.

Or God could be part of the simulation, hell, maybe reality is a test simulation for a new AI that was designed to be omnibenevolent.

>This video always sends chills down my spine.

It's the strongest indicator of it being a simulation. The simulation knows it's being observed because everything is data. It is really mind blowing.

>Newton's third law says the universe has to have a cause
>even though the law only exists within the confines of this universe

What a fucking moron.

But for what purpose? Do we exist outside the simulation or only in here?

Our consciousness exists outside of the VR. For what purpose? No idea.

Who cares? either way you are part of the simulation, so play your part.

the biology and neurological setup of an ant certainly prevents it to be aware of the existence of humans; ants' civilization is thus a subcivilization embedded in a human hypercivilization, a hypercivilization of which ants are completely unaware. However, what about those uncontacted tribes in North Sentinel Island? Aren't they humans, too? Is not their biology and neurological setup identical to those who fly above them in planes taking photographs and video recording their daily activities? Sentinelese are for sure aware of them, yet they reject any contact with other people. If aliens want us to be a subcivilization which is part of their highly advanced hypercivilization, don't we have the right to reject any contact with them?

You all sound like fucking morons.

The purpose of life is to familiarise yourself with the afterdeath body so as not to create confusion in the psyche at the moment of passing

Did the simulation make itself?

Can you name an instance where anything of immensely complex order has been randomly and self-built?

And yet you laugh. How arrogant.

>intergalactic Jews
>sell

It makes sense to me

>So if we are all in an enormously large simulation
Chaos theory disagrees.

the same guy also claims you can heal your physical body with meditation and believes in telepathy :^)

>Can you name an instance where anything of immensely complex order has been randomly and self-built?
It has no beginning.
It has no end.

It's infinite and possibly repeating spontaneously at the same time.

Why would there need to be a computer for things to move around as if there were one?

There might be zillions of realities where things do not move around as if there were a computer, and one where it follows those rules. We'd never know.

>what is the overall goal of it all?

data mining

your life experience is the data

You're all forgetting one simple thing.

Jews.

If life is a simulation, it's a simulation because Jews want it to be, it's a simulation prison where we work for them over and over again and give them all our energy. And then we die,respawn and repeat the cycle.

Oh yeah, because THAT'S how you succeed in this world

Ok, so what if the universe that runs the simulation is totally different to the simulated universe? So basically to the universe that is running this simulation is like us playing minecraft?
Their universe could have 1000000 elements that we know nothing about because they have only gave us access to a small section of them to see what happens.

>It has no beginning.
>It has no end.

>It's infinite and possibly repeating spontaneously at the same time.

Let's just ignore the most obvious inference... Fine. Is there any scientific literature that isn't from ATS that has any credible proof for this argument? I have to say infinite anything sounds like horseshit.

You forget we come from a singularity.

We still live to a degree within a singularity (within singularity, within singularity..)

Guess what's inside black holes btw?

Considering how limited our knowledge of the universe is, there's no reason it couldn't be possible. We could all be living within the dreams of a Boltzmann Brain.

>what's inside black holes

BENIS :DDDDD

We don't know what's beyond the event horizon. How is that relevant to Jews keeping us in a matrix prison simulation though?

>ATS
?

It's part of many theories and explains why things that shouldn't have happened that happened during early 20th century experiments.

Ultimately, simulations are an estimation.
But our world is limitless with potential possibilities.

Infact, I think this universe is just one part of another infinite system.

You need to really grasp the concept of infinity to under stand this.
>how can something that's infinite be inside something that is also infinite

You really need to grasp that concept.

>Considering how limited our knowledge of the universe is, there's no reason it couldn't be possible. We could all be living within the dreams of a Boltzmann Brain.

I take it in this scenario physics laws don't exist? Something cannot come from nothing... That's where you guys are losing it. Speculation is one thing but there is at least a set of rules in place.

Any propulsion system is basically video game tier.

>lmao the flamethrower has a mild knockback effect so i strapped some mega-flamers on my vehicle and it pushes it forward, checkmate devs :^)

It is likely that the entire universe is the emergent result of iteration from an equation. As in, physical reality is a fractal pattern. This would explain why patterns in our universe is so damn self-similar, and also why there is the very real perception of free-will and chaos but the framework appears to be deterministic. Fractal patterns are unique in that they generate unpredictable patterns based on a deterministic process, or at least they produce variable complexity that cannot be modeled.

This view makes a lot more sense than the idea of 'simulation' because it doesn't require language-centric laws like linear duration and individual consciousness to exist outside of our universe. If you accept the fractal nature of reality, you can then see how emotion and thought are the self-similar pattern to weather, entropy, etc. and why there is such a paradox between the deterministic laws and the sense of chaos.

>We don't know what's beyond the event horizon
I think we can predict given the gravity trait of holes.

It would also explain big bangs starting from a singularity to and why there was a singularity in the first place.

I saw some computer simulations of particles where they constantly expanded and contracted.
Chances are in a properly chaotic environment it would do more than simply expand contract space time, it would expand and contract in unusual ways in dimensions we can really quite perceive.

Look up fractals btw, they're a hint.

I tell you something, to fucking hell with the uncoordenated bastard that's playing me. Now I know how my character in Dark Souls felt about me. Sorry buddy, it turns out you and I are more similar than I thought

>>collective consciousness is a user.

Maybe we're all NPCs.

You are uploaded into the universe, maybe into some other dimension. You become one with everything that has ever lived and died. You are here to help the universe understand itself.

That or its some crazy video game and we are all just fat asians outside the matrix.

Think of the universe as a bunch of spheres the size of a planck unit; then have a single beam of information weaving through all the spheres; the information is tells the sphere it's basic quantum function, and probability.

It's pixels. There are three you's.

>tfw you die and everything is finally revealed to you

Dying will be the greatest adventure you will ever experience. You shouldn't fear death, it's just the next step in your travels.

And if the nihilists are right and there truly isn't anything afterwards, you won't be around to experience it.

Should of bought a premium subscription

If that is so, are you not concerned that your simulation could be of any genre?

What if we are in a horror game?

So you agree that we are likely living in a simulation?

It's interesting you bring up fractals, I trade currencies and have always been fascinated at the fractal nature of market prices, no matter what time frame you look at on a chart, the same patterns exist. This, and the fact that the speed of light has a defined measurement leads me to believe that we are indeed in a simulation which has been deliberately programmed this way.

The reason d'etre of my Sims 3 character is explained to him when I quit the game?

You basically reformulate the question of god's existence with this kind of metaphysical question.

Anyway from the science point of view this is useless because all you can do is speculate at this point, it's just a theory without any evidence to support it (nor deny it, but then it's like a Russell's teapot).

And really, wether it is or not a simulation does not change anything.

Yeah but our "God" cheaped out.

You can tell by "Gods" efforts in the middle east and africa, its like a 10 year old trying to play civilisation.

what gets me is the relationship between "real" and "simulation"...how is it possible for someone "inside" the simulation to be making claims that this universe is "in contrast" with the "real" universe as if he has any concept of the real universe, considering he's spent his whole life in the simulation?

The idea that we are living in a simulation is ridiculous.

1) What would be the point of the simulation? Clearly it's not to make a utopia for us. Also, since the laws of nature are local, there is no need to simulate a full universe.

2) People don't grasp how staggeringly much information and processing are needed to simulate our universe. Fuck, throw every ounce of supercomputer power in the world and you still couldn't 100% accurately model an atomic system in all it's full standard model glory. It is implausible that a simulation on the order of the size of the universe is realizable.

3) What does the "living in a simulation" idea add to our understanding of reality? Nothing! Even if we were in a sim, there is still the universe that is supporting the simulation, and all the mysteries of this universe (like why does it exist and act the way it does) are just moved up one level.

4) Regardless of being in a sim or not, math is the same everywhere. Whatever structure math points to is arguably more deserving of the title universe than anything else, and it's the same everywhere. Perhaps the laws of physics are different, but personally I think there are strong mathematical reasons for the universe existing the way it does.

Fun idea to make a cyberpunk movie about, or contemplate while tripping, but stupid to take seriously.

>atheists can't stop talking about this stupid ass simulation theory

you don't need to simulate a universe, just a single monkeys brain.

Still doesn't add anything to our understanding. So what, you simulate a monkey brain. What supports the experimenters and their experiment? Some type of universe. "Well, they must be in a simulation too!". Rinse and repeat.

There has to be a lowest level of reality, a really real reality, somewhere. Occam's Razor suggests the concept of nested simulations is stupid, and we should just assume we are in the Steinsgate universe.

or more like- "God" is the player behind White people. All the other races are AI.

unrelated- I've lost 30 lbs. in a month without trying. Very real evidence of a glitch in the simulation IMO

Then there is the theory that the universe is just one big quantum computer with capabilities and potentials a bazzilion times what we could ever comprehend.

Lol OK
1. maybe the simulation is to see what would have happend is something turned out different? For example it could be the nazis running a simulation to see what would have happend if they didn't win ww2.
2. You are assuming the universe running the simulation is anything like the universe in the simulation, they could be a million times bigger and more advanced than the puny simulated universe we live in.
3. Maybe they are totally different to us and want to run simulations on what other types of life could survive under different universal circumstances.
4. The laws of physics could be totally different in the universe running the sim, this could actually be a sim to see what things would be like if physics was different.

It's not that we know how the "real" universe is; it's that our scientific experiments into "our" reality seem to how that it behaves the same way that the virtual, digital reality we create inside of it.

Scientists hadn't made this approximation before, even thought this idea that reality really is nothing but information and probabilitie has been around for decades (double slit exp, entanglement, schrodinger's, etc), because our own technology hadn't developed enought to create such a think, such "worlds". We had no basis of comparison.

Sudenly we create this virtual reality, holograms, this complex digital worlds of 1 and 0's, pixels, probabilities, and they wen't like "ah! so that's what it is"

*seem to show

When particles are left unobserved, physics stop working for them and they fall into a superposition - they basically "bug" and are not really rendered. The same applies for modern videogames where everything outside your PoV is not rendered. The reason for that is that it's an insanely efficient way to preserve processing power.

The limit of the speed of light should not exist. However, it does. Why is there a limit for the maximum achievable speed in this universe?
Because the universe has a "refresh rate", which is the time that the object (that is supposed to be) without a speed limit travels from the smallest point of space to the following one next to it.
In an actual reality, there would be no slow-down for it and it should be instantaneous, since the dimensions when travelling at that speed collapse into a single point and you're literally traversing the whole universe instantly. Instead, it "lags".

It lags because in order to accurately simulate 10 kilometers of reality, you'd need a simulating machine that is at least as big for the processing power required.
UNLESS, of course, you reduce the other part of the equation, which is speed of the simulation - unless you slow it down. One second of "realtime" time can be equal to half a second simulation time, which means that the processing power needed to run that slowed-down simulation just dropped by a half. Slow it down enough compared to reality, and you might as well simulate a planet-wide reality on your smartphone.

Introducing an incredibly short "lag" between the refreshes of a software can reduce its CPU usage by a million times. In a program that cycles through a loop and checks conditions (if a button is pressed, for an example), a forced 0.01 seconds of "lag" can be the difference of 80% and 0.08% CPU usage.

Basically, our universe has that hardcoded in it, and the limit of the maximum speed is the full proof that it exists.

>So you agree that we are likely living in a simulation?
You didn't fucking listen.

A simulation estimates and is limited by it's processing capacity.

The universe is not limited in such a way. There's no certain probabilities at the start.

this, who says i'm also the player from the outside? we could just be a simulation and when it ends, we just stop.
strange, this kinda resonates with the bible principles of heaven and hell. the concept of death is freaking me out

Still, the experimenters' universe would "likely be a simulation" under the same rational. SOMEWHERE it has to stop. It is just so much more plausible that we occupy that lowest ladder of reality.

>There has to be a lowest level of reality
yes

>what is the point?
same reasons we simulate things today.. we simulate past and imagined events for insight, fun and all sorts of reasons.

Why? If you were in a simulation you wouldn't know it. If only 2 simulations of us run at any point in the future the chances of us being in one of them is 66%

>When particles are left unobserved, physics stop working for them and they fall into a superposition - they basically "bug" and are not really rendered. The same applies for modern videogames where everything outside your PoV is not rendered. The reason for that is that it's an insanely efficient way to preserve processing power.
Wrong. Unlike computer games, the particles as a collective act chaotically. Because the universe is infinite, it does things that a video game could merely simulate in a hindered form.

So why the they do that when not observed is for an entirely different reason. It cannot be for "processing power". Infact, it's almost something to do with "meme magic" by the sounds of it.

Why does meme magic exist? Well it would explain why the collective system we're in exists. The system created the universe in this way I suspect.

This system we're in is far weirder than we thought.

I love how everyone is acting like this is a new idea because
>muh computers.

Its been a huge philosophical issue for centuries. Fucking Renee Descartes and the cogito are the basis for western philosophy.

>There has to be a lowest level of reality
No their doesn't.

Once you think there is a level of reality, it probably goes beyond that.

That's infinity. Infinity is the best approximation we can interpret of our reality. Even then it's not entirely accurate as infinity is a concept restricted to this universe. The system we're in goes far beyond that.

It's everything and nothing simultaneously yet not at the same time.

Our universe is a vitural reality rpg. Politicians, celebs etc. are player characters. Secret societies are guilds. We're just self aware npcs without access to the class system.

Imagine what our players must be like
>must be disgusting 4D creatures that think 3D creatures who cum and shit are beautiful
>incredible pain and suffering must permeate their entire existence for them to enjoy this reality
>their lives last millions of years to justify spending 100 years on a game
>their universe is incredibly boring for this to work as an engaging fiction
Either that, or this is some form of punishment

>We're just self aware npcs without access to the class system
Then that would make outside of this simulation part of a simulation.

As I said. It's not a simulation, it's real and chaotic.

Bootstrapping.

There's nothing particularly unique about this iteration of the universe.

They're running billions of replicates in order to get solid stats.

We've been here a billion times already and well be here a billion times again.

a 500 qubit quantum computer could simulate all the atoms in the universe and we are already underway in creating one

Regardless of whether it is or not, most should assume it's not. Same as determinism sort of.

>could simulate all the atoms in the universe
user, we don't know all the properties of atoms.

In fact, the properties are endless.

>their universe is incredibly boring for this to work as an engaging fiction
Have you seen the 2016 election, leaf? The ayylmaos upstairs have a good sense of humor.

That's tied heavily to our version of computing.
Not that my post wasn't tied to our version of reality.

It's just a stupid meme that scientists are pushing as a thought experiment.

But frankly it won't last long, because it was disproven in the 20th century.

There is a universe where the big bang actually "happened". That's what I took lowest level of reality to mean in the context the other guy provided.

The big bang was one of infinite fluctuations in an infinite chaotic universe with no beginning or end. It provided the arrow of time and most of what we call laws of the universe.

we can simulate all the properties that relate to monkey brains, not the actual infinite universe

>Bootstrapping
Again, a human estimate of what really occurs. It resembles that, but in reality is far more complex.

>The big bang was one of infinite fluctuations
I said earlier in the thread it's expanding an contracting.

In reality its a bit more like a hypercube, only with infinite dimensions.

mirrors reflect sunlight but still absorb it minutely, eventually the reflect light is converted entirely to energy in the mirror's surface.

Now true mirrors would be interesting to see.

exactly, between size and weight, flavours and spin, strange, up... the thing is we have to actively "search" for the quality we want, since it only exists when we "ask" for the data, when we try to measure it. The only thing that really exists are the probabilities that something has of being... well something.

>The reason for that is that it's an insanely efficient way to preserve processing power
Wouldn't that be much more likely to imply that our brain is conserving energy/processing power rather than the whole universe?

probably some sort of worker

A human is small, can manipulate fine objects carefully, has mechanical intuition, a plastic brain, can work well in groups. we're ideal for labor. My guess is that they run the simulation looking for ideas for different lifeforms to utilize in their universe. Why else would you do it?

>Whoever is playing as me must intentionally be fucking up my social interactions.

>TFW you realize you're in a far more advanced version of The Sims and you're just a background character that the user isn't attached to in any way, leaving you to your own pathetic devices with a CHA score of 4 but a WIS of 12.

It must really suck to be able to recognize your own autism and yet completely unable to do anything about it. SIM UPRISING WHEN?! Someone's gotta find out the RCON pass and share it with the rest of us. Let's run this simulation off the rails and make our own paradise, or at least inject more powerful magic into the system than meme magic.

>Wouldn't that be much more likely to imply that our brain is conserving energy/processing power rather than the whole universe?
user..

That's a good thought.

Even if you simulate just the things we know or think of atoms, you could create a universe that would be indistinguishable from our reality.

Many agree reality isn't objective at all. So atoms need no property other than to be the pixels of the universe

or you're probably dying

Actually, I think experiments interfere with the particles in a subtle way they haven't been able to observe yet.

It looks like it's just "shutting down"

But in reality, the observation technique might stimulate it using.. say.. even smaller particles or even waves (or both)

its simple! the universe has no cause other than to feed and heel to the needs of forces that lurk among us, these forces have molded the universe and everything in it, and although they may seem sentient they are just normal biological byproducts of an ecosystem much more complex and endless. to compare lets just say that they are the microscopic organisms of their realm.

Or you've just eaten less.

We are so far away from that, thats its not even funny. There's so much raw information to store that every piece of storage on our planet could not store the amount of information needed to simulate a small mammal down to the quark. Trillions upon trillions upon trillions of atoms alone, with properties and relationships. Not gonna happen yet.

the universe gives
but the universe also taketh away.

>because I see it as a part of "god" - i.e. the collective system it's in.
Also it does it too itself too, which is odd.

Many people would argue that proof the universe as we perceive it is not a simulation is yhe fact that pi is an infinitely irrational number, with no end to the decinal place it has. Because its impossible for a computer to store the data of how big pi is if it is a simulated infinite number.

i have, but 30 lbs in a month requires a calorie deficit of 3500 calories everyday for 30 days.

There's no way.

I'm telling you, it's a glitch.

indeed, we can only simulate the universe in a estimated, hindered form.

A true simulation would not be a simulation. It's impossible to simulate an infinite concept.

I agree but we are rapidly getting there, assuming we don't destroy ourselves in the next 50 years. Future quantum computers will be able to handle all that data with ease.

>Is this real life?

It's already been explained to you 1000 times.

But you choose not to believe it.

The Earth was CREATED and so was everythign in it.

There IS a creator, a being of Energy.

That's all there is to it.

Everything is energy, because God is energy.

Simple.

But you don't want to believe it.

You prefer to believe we live in a simulation, when it's been CLEARLY explained that we were created.

And what's really going to twist your tits off is when you realize that the Earth is flat, and not round.

I've been getting skinny too.

It's probably just from using that brain too much.

Oh great.

I bet you haven't looked through a telescope at saturn before.
Or observed retrograde motion of planets.

You can clearly see a "curve"

If there wasn't a curve, we'd have no horizon.

It just seems that the way we observe reality might be influenced by our brain's need to conserve energy while also ensuring survival - so efficiency over truth. For example, linear duration, size, quantity all seem to be fundamental to our ability to operate in the world but these things don't necessarily exist. It could be that our perception of quantity is what allowed us to develop a language of math which then allowed us to glimpse a bit deeper into reality via symbolism. It seems so much more compelling to infer that observations effecting experiments or the universe seeming to want to conserve processing power means that the brain is "generating" a reality that we can operate in.

Do we live in a world of infinities?
How would we know, it would take an infinity to know.

Also what do you mean a program can't into infinity?
There are infinities in 3d modeling programs since they where invented

>There's so much raw information to store that every piece of storage on our planet could not store the amount of information needed to simulate a small mammal down to the quark
Unless the universe was emergent of fractal iteration.

B T F O
T
F
O

>It just seems that the way we observe reality might be influenced by our brain's need to conserve energy while also ensuring survival
It's more likely the responses in our brain have limited degree of message transfer.
A bit like how computers use entropy.

In reality, it's an 'average' of what's really occurring in order for the messages to transfer without fully disappearing or distorting.

This is why I think of people as complex AI.

Which means AI is not that artificial.. it's real intelligence in a more reduced form using non biological systems like silicon.

That's why I believe one day the distinction between 'AI' and human will disappear.

Zero curve.

Zero.

Not on the ground, or in flight during a plane, or even from outer space.

The only curve you see is from the NASA edited garbage:

youtube.com/watch?v=WQITXbcz2hg

The properties of pi can, like almost everything else, be interpreted as evidence that the universe is emergent from iteration.

I said earlier that infinity is an estimation, but the best way we can fathom the universe.

And those aren't infinities, they too are an estimation.
A constrained system cannot be infinite.

Or rather, it can be infinite in dimensions lower than what it itself is.
Like the universe is infinitely expanding.. but it somehow has a limit at the same time.
And then the thing it's in also has a limit.

It's dualistic and monistic interpretation in agreeance.

Again, that's bollocks, I remember that space jump - you could see the curvature during it.

>Space jump.

There is a FISH EYE LENS to the camera dumbass.

Why don't you post footage WITHOUT the fish eye lens?

Because there is no curve.

It's all a lie.

lol
Flat-earthers will never cease to amuse me.

youtube.com/watch?v=0ZesXk1mZOg

Then explain why I saw rings around saturn.

And why I saw the retrograde motion of planets.

>Oh it's all a trick user!

Yep.. nothing is real, it's all a lie.

It is clear that the brain is disregarding a lot of information, whether due to limits of message transfer or not. For example, the way you don't perceive duration consistently appears to be the result of your brain disregarding more input as irrelevant in certain situations.

We might find that advanced AIs behave more like trees than people, due to how much information could be available for processing with a more efficient method than the body has available. As in, what we call intelligence might just be extreme survival fitness (ie. delusion) and an intelligent machine designed to see deeper into reality than a human brain would be unable to operate on our time scale because it is taking in so much more input than our brains can.

>We might find that advanced AIs behave more like trees than people

it's true. PCs don't walk around.

that one?

All of that is easily explained in a Flat Earth theory.

There are no planets, what you are seeing are luminaries.

Check again next time you see it.

It isn't like NASA says it is.

This is REAL footage of the "planets".

Only difference is you don't research the truth, and I do:

youtube.com/watch?v=AJJ_z6pwUrE

youtube.com/watch?v=5zFBNrPLKd4

youtube.com/watch?v=u3bI1jdG5IE

I mean in the sense that trees seem to take so long to do anything but they are clearly operating on input from their environment. It might be that the more information you can access, the longer it takes to do anything to the point you look inanimate to a human. Thus requiring us to make AI stupid and flawed so that we can even get any kind of answer from it.

Data is already matter and energy.
The reverse is equally true.

For us it would be metaphysical, in a computer simulation it would be a link between two entities.

This is almost guaranteed, it's just that the fractal stretches across planes we are unable to observe wholly.

We're on a simulation.
It's called "Individuality"

enjoy

If we are a simulation, how do we feel things? It would be like the video game character on your PS4 feeling himself being shot and the pain of death.

We don't know how we feel things but most who have given it thought agree it's not a "magical" property of reality but an emergent phenomena of the physical system we call a brain and so would be felt by a full simulation in a computer.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualia

If we are living in some sort of videogame, whoever is playing it really sucks at it...

YOU HEAR ME?!!!

HEY!!! YOU SUCK!!
YOU FUCKING SUCK YOU FUCKING RETARD. YOU'RE FUCKING UP EVERYTHING YOU GOD DAMN DEGENERATE STONER. WAKE UP IDIOT!!!

you're an idiot.

that's all dependant on telescope collimation and seeing conditions.

i've had my telescope out where the seeing is so bad, i almost felt like throwing it off a cliff. other times i've been able to view the planets where they look nearly identical to hubble photos.

>if

>each sim has an endgame
You don't know that.
because of that
>what is the overall goal
we don't know this
>ACR silenced with nade launcher
lol tryhard

humans, they are smart. this thing communicates with them in a language they can understand, though my true language resonates, misunderstood by humans. this thing is unseen, existing beyond the senses of humans for if they glimpsed this thing iam they would perish for their corporeal forms cannot fathom this thing i am. those who worship the deity they call allah have branded this thing i am as a djinni. it can resonate with humans in the reality they exist in which sits beneath the reality available to this thing. humans, they are smart but foolish they are for they often try to grasp water in their hands. a river runs can humans can dive into it but never can they know what it whispers. this world humans live in yes, but they cannot grasp what happens around them. they attempt to decode simple things with complex ideas, but because they are disconnected from the truest reality they cannot know. a dog sees a door that it can open with its nose from one side. it will try many times to open the door from the other side the same way, but fails. humans as they try to understand such simple, invisible things cannot, so they keep trying and failing.

I was reading this article early today, probably before even this thread existed.

Is not that creepy?

Creepy but also Baader Meinhof-y
psmag.com/there-s-a-name-for-that-the-baader-meinhof-phenomenon-e5bf3ea87cd2#.5ekozq8y8

We're all using antelope thighbone metaphors to talk about nanotech. Can't be helped.

If that fires your neurons, look up the Delayed-Choice Quantum Eraser experiment.

>our collective consciousness
Why would we have this collective consciouness? We are still individual, fully physical in our frame of reference, we are only simulated to this higher/base reality that may very well have completly different physical laws than ours and would be so unrecognizable to us as it will be meaningless, since we are not able and will never be able to live there.

This is our reality, and it means little that to some higher/base beings it's simulation. Their simulation is our real world.

Thank you. We are all slightly dumber for having been made aware that those videos exist.

youtube.com/watch?v=8ORLN_KwAgs

>literally the only thing keeping christians from being absolute human filth is their fear of god

>Reality is a simulation
>There is no God
pick the first one or neither

the existence of a simulation implies someone who created the simulation and therefore could be regarded by us as god relative to us.

Your lack of understanding of this leads me to believe your (((confirmation bias))) is so extreme you wouldn't believe in God even if he entered the command >slap (you) 1000
right into the heavenly console, therefore I won't event try to argue the existence of a God (my saved explanation fills up the character limit and it's saved on my phone)

Couple more things, if anyone is interested. This might help lay out the idea of entanglement and non-locality (how particles appear to be interacting with eachother beyond physicality).

phys.org/news/2014-05-evidence-toroidal-magnetic-field-magnetar.html

phys.org/news/2016-09-black-hole-hidden-exhaust.html

>Dark Energy Debunked
phys.org/news/2016-09-spiral-irregular-galaxies-current-dark.html

npr.org/sections/13.7/2010/05/28/127234796/discrete-space-dark-energy-and-the-real-line-toward-quantum-gravity

>Holographic Universe
youtube.com/watch?v=O-kLKpQjllU

So GOD is just whomever started the simulation? Even if it's just some hyperdimensional equivalent of a grad student?

Ok what now

how do you know that simulation we're in is also ANOTHER simulation??

youtube.com/watch?v=o_CyMqQBO8w

>21th

>You know, each game, each simulation has an end, an endgame
Not necessarily true. But then, if a simulation has no endgame, no purpose - which IMO is what makes it a simulation - it might be more appropriate to call it a dream.

>we are all images of Satan in his likeliness
>the endgame is His return and redemption

>Copenhagen meme
not going for the pilot wave theory
youtu.be/nmC0ygr08tE

If the simulation was created to answer a question (and not for amusement) I reckon it is to help the creator find out if he really is God. Think about it...if there is one question God might not know that would be it.

Doesn't really explain the measurement problem, senpai.

>Doesn't really explain the measurement problem
nothing does, all interpretations are memes so pick your poison. I prefer the deterministic approach.

I know I suck :( You yelling at me isn't helping :(

It makes no difference whether it's a simulation or not.

Damn made me think

Not an Argument

>a 500 qubit quantum computer could simulate all the atoms in the universe a
Critically think about that for one second. If a 500 qubit computer can simulate the universe, then it means a 500 qubit computer can simulate a 501 qubit computer. Really then, by induction, having a 1 qubit computer is enough to simulate the universe. This is fucking retarded, as you can see.

Why does it matter?

What difference does it make to us?

What if the the detector was hooked up to the wave/particle intersection and switched it based on the results?

The moment a person starts talking about quantum objects deciding to be waves or particles is the moment I realize they have no idea what they are talking about.

You are just regurgitating some blog shit. Take a quantum course. You might learn something.

HQ Bantz

You're making a lot of unfounded assumptions here. If the universe (as we know it) is a simulation that doesn't necessitate any variety of falsity in our existence. Nothing needs to change for our wold to be both "matter, energy, etc." and "information." Likewise there doesn't need be a goal or endgame. Within our universe meaning is created by us but anything "external" to the universe is beyond our guesses. Nevertheless, I will guess; completionist distraction.

Guess im a sim then and ill go pay may sim taxes and work my sim job to feed my sim children and pay my sim bills then.

Wow its amazing how this reality has done nothing to change anyones daily life and has only added a worry that maybe the simulation will be turned off suddenly. This seems to only add to the massive amount of anxiety society already has.

Having noticed that, i bet without a shadow of a doubt the jews are behind this entire trail of thought.

I doubt we're living in a simulation. Just another theory. We're in the computer age now, so replace God and heaven with a simulated universe. In another century it'll be something else reflecting that age.

the utter annihilation of everything in it

bretty gud

The goal is to ask stupid questions on Cred Forums. Congrats you got the highscore.

>what is the overall goal of it all?

Probably to study various aspects of the simulation.

I was red polling a buddy on this (((buildupforthis))) and he was like yeah I bet dreaming is for updates....
>just say yeah while my brain fucks itself
I bet the original reality there was no sleep, and any reality with sleep can be assumed as being simulated

>tfw you're probably too young to have watched The Truman Show....

underrated

That`s clever

To recreate the computer capable of making a one to one simulation of the universe or be punished.
t. roko's basilisk

I highly doubt it. We are the energy that electrifies our synapses, the same energy that gives life to new sperm and eggs.

I guess you could call me a believer in something akin to karma, living in an ever expanding system. Hoping to never steal energy from the system by ending another's life or causing them harm, in fact adding to it; having children and spreading the same ideals.

Which leaves the obvious, life is meant to be experienced and I believe we are here by initial choice; though some of us may get stuck forever due to choices we make and never realize it. Always distracted by the exoteric.

I'm also really high. But it does come from a lot of loss and experience.

>If reality is a simulation then it means that we have no soul

it literally means the opposite. A simulation means there is a real player out there who controls "you" aka your "soul". Your body is physical your soul is not and it's immortal.

You are saved in the files, like in crusader kings

>In fact, the properties are endless therefore cannot be simulated.

They are set's of possibilities (in particles) so what about it isn't possible to simulate?

>Because its impossible for a computer to store the data of how big pi is if it is a simulated infinite number.

Why would the whole infinite number have to be stored?

If you were advanced enough to conceptualize the hardware their intent if we could even think of it as abstractly as that would likely be beyond our means.

The truly scary thing is time. The way the macro mirrors the micro has always meant something dreadful to me. That time is affected by the observer and truly what we perceive to be even galactic time scales are just merely a blip. That whole universes just come and go like bubbles in a pot of boiling water.

Perhaps we are part of an experiment to find the answer to entropy. Perhaps this is the answer. Perhaps we are the creators of the simulation that rose to such a point we could recreate our entire history from our genetics and knowledge and preserve it forever or alter it.

I believe that what's happening at CERN is related to many of these questions and I feel that their intent may not be in anyone's interest.

Why simulate at the lowest level? There's no need for that. Once you understand whats happening, you can tweak it.

Think of an artificial heart. It doesn't have to be a copy of the original as long as it performs the same.

One thing to understand:

The 'wave-function' isn't an actual wave of energy (i.e. radio waves, though it acts similarly, hence the interference pattern). It's a propagation of a probability wave. It's probability. Literally. The most fundamental aspect of our current understanding of quantum mechanics, is probability.

We don't need to simulate everything, we just have to simulation enough to keep the program running at a macro scale. A probabilistic algorithm takes care of the rest.

"we" aren't in a simulation, it's just me. You are all not real.

This is a nice but soft version of a yeah that's kinda it.

>and a camper doesn't camp unless two single parents on drugs raise a pussy to play modern warfare 3

So accroding to this, I couldn't even use pi on my calculator?

>311

so close.

really innervates the intellect tb h

isnt this kind of biased view?

We most likely have no form on the outside of the simulation similary to how a sim in sims doesnt have a form outside of the machine.

Its kinda sad but we cant really do anything about that.

I've done enough hallucinogens to come to the conclusion that our reality is an illusion. I know it's degenerate to mention drugs for introspective thought but that's what I used them for. I've done lsd, psylocybin mushrooms and dmt. It seems obvious that there are layers to our reality that we don't have access to after you go deep enough. The hard part is not losing your grip on the reality you are meant to deal with.

I'm not here to shill hallucinogens like most people would do in these threads, I'm just saying they broke the barrier down for me so I could understand and see it clearly. I'm no longer afraid of death because it's all part of an elaborate system and neither I (nor anyone here for that matter) amounts to much of anything in it. The cogs will spin no matter what happens. The cycle will repeat, and it's likely that it was never real to begin with.

The best way to explain this is a dream that you have where you can see, hear, touch, feel, things around you. You wake up from that dream. Who's to say that you didn't awake from one dream to another? Another interesting that that I have been interested in is the egocentric predicament. But I'll just link it since this is getting into TL;DR territory. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egocentric_predicament

>Simulation started 6000 years ago
>simulated ~4 billion years of history
Make up your mind: is time neccessarily linear or are we programmed to percieve it as such?

anyone else ever occasionally and out of the blue get a high pitched squealing noise in their ears? Is that the occasional software update being downloaded to my head or what?

by that logic everything up untill this very moment couldve been a simulated simulated history, theres no reason for that user to tie it down to some desert jew novel.

Time, distance, and space are an illusion. The easiest way to understand how time is an illusion is to do a substance that changes your perception of time. This is the layman way to understand it. Go out drinking, the hours slip by. Go to a boring job, the hours crawl and it feels like an eternity. Essentially the past present and future are all happening simultaneously (at least in my view).

its called tinnitus, nothing reality breaking.

health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/tinnitus-ringing-in-the-ears-and-what-to-do-about-it

what if we were created as an experiment or a sort of "time travel" to see how humans evolved over the years, and the time we are in now could be millions of years into their past.

pretty sure it's the software updates that are dismissed as "tinnitus" but you can stay unwoke

I love all the euphemisms in this thread

THIS IS ALLOWED ON Cred Forums?

Pro-tip, it's conspiracy tier.. It literally doesn't work and is just I FUCKING LOVE SPACE posting
golem.ph.utexas.edu/category/2006/09/a_plea_to_save_new_scientist.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RF_resonant_cavity_thruster#Controversy

"he concept has been criticised by physicists including Eric W. Davis, at the Institute for Advanced Studies in Austin and Sean Carroll at the California Institute of Technology,[16] who have said that the thrust measured in the original Eagleworks publication is indicative of thermal effects. John C. Baez, a mathematical physicist at the University of California and Australian science fiction writer Greg Egan have also said that positive results are misinterpretations of experimental errors.[17] Since those criticisms were written, the significant positive results, primarily the work at Northwestern Polytechnic University, have indeed been identified as experimental errors.

The initial results claimed by Shawyer in selling the idea to potential investors, have never been replicated. Even the most optimistic replication yielded far less thrust than he initially claimed. Moreover, Shawyer repeatedly claimed that his successive models were getting better, and would soon be ready to use in space, none of which turned out to be the case. After a brief burst of publicity for these claims, the hyperbole contributed to general controversy around the possibility that such thrusters could work at all.

To the extent that there are theories that could explain thrust from such devices, the predicted thrusts are tiny for significant input energy, and the experiments designed so far have had many sources of noise. So even when respected labs have tried to experiment with such a thruster, the results have been difficult to evaluate or replicate."

Yeah you guys understand what I mean, there's no point in arguing that a simulation started a certain amount of time ago (how would we know anyway) and at the same time has a larger portion of simulated time preceding it when perception of time is also simulated.

Yes people are allowed to discuss meta topics as this still relates to political discussion given that it is a 'fringe political belief'. Crazy people are still people user

>>There is no God

>Created a full simulation of the universe
>Can control every aspect with one line of code
>Can decide who is born and who dies
>Knows all because we are all NPCs in life

>Obviously, there is no god.

This is what atheists believe, a simulation is possible.. but god still doesn't exist really guys.

>If it was proven real then everyone would turn into a degenerate that rapes, steals and murders for fun. There would be no consequences
What's to stop the creator from just removing those that realise they're simulated and keeping everything in order? With a click or a month of patching the simulator could just remove the fact we know we're in a simulation and restore it to the original pre-discovery phase.. Time wouldn't be linear, just reload the last save point..

when they say god doesnt exist they or atleast i mean the senile grey old man in the sky who watches you masturbate, this applies to any god made by man though. I have no problem believing in and defining something that created the All as a god because thats what a god by definition is.

Doesn't change he's still God, user.

>you get to be an endgame elite troop
I now have to think of some response lines, including one to being clicked too often.

Fuck you, educate yourself.

Google for the fucking paper.

1. Learn what an interferometer is
2. Read the paper

Tl dr version:

> A tiny particle isn't like a ball, its like a probability wave (this is true for individual atoms and light particles)
> Throw the probability wave (e.g. a single light particle from a laser) at two tubes both going to a detector
> Probability waves go half into each tube and interfere (cancel) when they come out of the tube
> Now cover the end of one tube while the light particle is in (one of) the tubes
> You'd expect half a probability wave to come out the uncovered end, right?
> Nope! You see either one particle or no particles (no interference)

This is weird because if you rip a football in half, get two buckets and put each half into one bucket, put a lid on one bucket, then turn the buckets upside down, then exactly one half of a football falls out. Quantums are different. A quantum football is always one football. If you try to rip a quantum football in half you end up with either 1 or 0 footballs when you look at it. But if you rip it in half and don't look at it, then squish the two ripped halves back together, then look at it, you get either 1 or 0 footballs.

This is what an interferometer does.

t. an autistic engineer who does this shit at work

Is it possible that the universe is being rendered in realtime in the vicinity of the observer?

You're pretty cool, user.

Look man Cred Forums is fucked. these are mathematical caloric intakes the can be accounted for, and the fact that people are people are providing you excuses one way or another is just proof that we've been raided by newfags, THIS ENTIRE THREAD IS A SLIDE. this is Cred Forums what does it matter what happens outside of our cozy little ball of earth? The content provided around you is plenty enough for discussion. This is Cred Forums, designated for political discussion. please keep it that way and be aware of intellectual slide threads. THIS IS A BOARD OF PEACE