Scientists using scare tactics now

motherboard.vice.com/read/goodbye-world-weve-passed-the-carbon-tipping-point-for-good?utm_source=mbtwitter

haha, just because of this article, i went out and signed the lease on a 2017 F-250 turbo diesel

suck my cock, bitches

Other urls found in this thread:

motherboard.vice.com/read/goodbye-world-weve-passed-the-carbon-tipping-point-for-good?utm_source=mbtwitter
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BTW, the pic is from a NASCAR race, fan left the propane tank on and a static spark set the truck on fire

>lease

lol fag

>he doesn't know about Lease to own

bump

Modern diesels are really clean dude

You should have bought an old muscle car or something that really pollutes

>lease

oh wait you're poor

>leasing an oversized peace of shit to piss off your imagined adversaries

lol stay poor

its just to piss off liberals

my main car is a 2004 Dodge Ram, average 14mpg

i live in a liberal college town (Omaha) and I enjoy pissing the college kids off, who probably got there on mommy and daddy's money

you do realise if one nuke plant went up how fucking bad that would be.

chernobyl is the only one to have a full melt down with three mile island being the next worst example.

but in three mile island patially and in chernobyl definitely animals and plants are mutated and dying.

meanwhile the worst that coal can do is cause a few lung problems.

>peace of shit

did ya forget how to spell piece?

I don't understand why they don't just build nuclear power plants..
I did the math; as much solar energy it would take to run America, you'd have to build an array of Solar panels larger than Trump's wall, and not just that big, but a lot fucking bigger, which would require imminent domain, deforestation, etc.
Also, per barrel of oil, 3 Danish citizens could fuel their homes as opposed to 23 Americans, and that's excluding the fact that Denmark uses Nuclear, bio fuels, wind, etc.
It's literally a miracle that America is still up and standing, yet they want to "Cut oil back".. We're talking about widespread fucking famine and pestilence. America would become India 2.0 within the decade if Hillary or some green idiot got into office.

i'm firmly aggainst nuke power and wind power and solar

i am for clean coal, tho

7.3 Powerstroke master race reporting in.

Majority of Nuclear Power plants are built with safety in mind. if that wasn't enough, there's also alternatives to Uranium. Thorium is stable; you would have to attempt to destabilize it for it to have any effect.

Because hippies. Most people aren't knowledgeable enough to realize that the environmentalist scaremongering about nuclear power is utter bullshit.

No you didn't

>scientist are using scare tactics
OK im done. this is the last nail in the coffin, i am truly convinced that Cred Forums is filled with autist.

Cred Forums in general is filled with autism

2004 isn't old

It has full emissions control and is pretty clean

An old 1970 dodge pickup would pollute about 100x as much

You're just a fag

Good.

If we're past the "tipping point" and doomed, then retarded liberal faggots can stop telling us to make costly ineffective changes since by their words, we're already toast.

This is a good thing.

>i'm firmly aggainst nuke power

total fag

nuclear is objectively the best power source

Environmentalist do so much damage by opposing nuclear power.

>2016

>Not understanding nuclear is the best power source

>not understanding about the waste

>not knowing about breeders

you sc pussy

we all died 10 years ago, god just loaded a save file

Not if it is a diesel. Straight piped, son.

>tfw hippies can't even bitch about using clean energy anymore
How long until they start crying for funding of some continental air scrubber?

TMI did melt, two units at Fukashima also melted. No animals or plants at TMI are mutated or dying. Containment held, nobody and nothing was exposed, they still operate another reactor at the site. Chernobyl was actually a steam explosion, which was enabled by a poor reactor design and the fact that the slavs running the thing had disabled all of their safety equipment and violated most of their operating procedures. The unit never had a proper containment so when the steam pressure blew the reactor up it scattered core material everywhere. Nuclear actually has the fewest deaths per MWh of any power source.

>clean coal
Isn't a thing. Its meme being perpetrated against the public by the coal industry.

>not understanding the fuel cycle

>not recycling

nuclear waste being a problem is an environmentalist meme you liberal cunt the amount of actual waste is near zero if you reprocess the fuel and the waste that is left over decays to 0.1% of it's initial radioactivity in ~40 years

>what is reprocessing
Also
>not realizing that coal ash is also extremely dangerous but is not as carefully stored as spent nuke fuel.

American nuke plants are currently piling up spent fuel in casks in their parking lots

>tfw I own a 6.0

B-but I fixed it up and modified, I-it runs good now... Heh

>implying

the '04 is a diesel, not a gas engine

yeah it gets 14mpg, but, know what? it starts in the winter and doesn't take half a fucking hour to warm up

>scientists are exaggerating their research
>so I decided to be a cunt, that'll show em

I hope you at least move heavy shit around occadionally, otherwise you're just driving around an even less efficient SUV for no reason

>not realizing that coal ash is also extremely dangerous

lol, how so

>leasing

I work for a contractor company and move trailers that have 2 ton loaders and skid steers,

so yeah, I do

I literally had this conversation with a guy
>check out my sweet 2004 F250, its got the powerstroke!
>isn't that the 6 liter, I've never heard anything good about those
>people only have trouble with them when they're trying to tow 50k lbs of crap with it
>oh....o-ok

So its a 3/4 ton diesel that you can't tow with.... what is the point of it then?

The point is, if you are towing 50k lbs of horses, don't be poor.

>motherboard.vice.com/read/goodbye-world-weve-passed-the-carbon-tipping-point-for-good?utm_source=mbtwitter

i've never understood how the same ((scientists)) who say the world is trillions of years old can make these kind of predictions using words like "permanently" when humanity has only been around to observe these processes for only a couple thousand at best.

>now
fucking kek! they've been moaning about this since the 80s at least.

Its actually radioactive and contains heavy metals.

lol optimal plant growth occurs at 1,000 + ppm of carbon.

OH NO REFORISTATION!!

Hmmm not really.
Clean coal doesn't exist.
There's a lot of aerial heavy metal pollution particularly from brown coal.
There is a lot of capture technology on the exhaust now but it's still not 'clean'
The biggest problem with coal is it over reliance for industry re: China/Bangladesh or when the mines catch fire.

Coal mine fires release more particulate matter than an operational power plant does in a decade due to surrounding organic matter and dust etc being thrown into the atmosphere by the fires energy

This is why women who sleep with niggers should be jailed

They can track CO2 levels going back quite a ways using ice core samples from places like greenland and Antarctica.

What sort of made up crap is a carbon tipping point and other articles saying it is irreversible

They said this last year, and the year before that.

Get a real diesel faggot

Lease to own? That sounds like some scheme where you pay them 2-3 times the value of the car.

But seriously I haven't had too much issues with my 04 6.0, had to replace the ICP sensor and FICM last year, put a new alternator on it not long ago. Other than that it's been decent. Own a farm, so if I have anything heavy or really heavy I'll just use a 2 ton truck or one of my semis

>lease to own
>nice proxy sweden

((vice))
archive.is, motherfucker, do you speak it?

>we are passed the point of no return
Well then fuck it, its not worth giving a shit about something that is inevitable
Let it burn

>just because of this article, i went out and signed the lease on a 2017 F-250 turbo diesel
kek, looks like a bretty gud truck actually

How do you feel about Cummins fully supporting Gay Marriage, to the point they threatened all their dealers that if they were against Gay Marriage they would have their Cummins contract revoked?

not if the value of the car is worth more than your cost to own it.

used car values have been trending up so if you do it right a lease could actually be more beneficial for you to buy the car for what's owed and then sell it for market value, if you choose to do so.

This. OP goofed.

damn, they should probably translate this article into chinese if they want to actually do something about it other than virtue signal

So...why don't they just end it all? Why don't they kill themselves with the "certain knowledge" that the Earth is doomed in the not so distant future?

Fuck yeah same here
Have one in a 4x4 Excursion

At one time Toyota was going to sell pickups with Cat motors in them, looked sweet too, unfortunately they canned the idea.

>thinking i'd give money to a fag supporting company

eat shit and die

my turbo diesel ford is serving me well, and she isn't causing any problems

"permanently" as in on a human timescale it probably won't go down in thousands of years without some kind of geoengineering

they offer you a price to buy the right outright that is usuaully 30-50% off the MSRP

>going through direct Ford dealers

KEK

>not going through smaller dealers that buy the overstock off factory-direct dealers

>tfw some Jewish guy was telling people to get flu shots or they'll get sick

Trump should put some solar panels ontop of the wall.

Come on guys, we're almost at 420!! We can do it!

Fuck their kike politics. Still the best diesel engine around

This

Top diesel brands for me are

Caterpillar
Detroit
Powerstroke
Sisu
International

Yeah, not seeing anything about this lease to own for cars, but for homes, however..
>The Option Fee - The initial payment the tenant needs to make. This goes towards the down-payment for the property at the end of the lease.
>Monthly Payment - How much the tenant will be paying monthly.
>Rent Credit - How much of the tenant's monthly payment will go to the eventual down-payment of the property at the end of the lease. It is strongly suggested that the tenant establish an escrow account to ensure the security of his or her rent credit.
>Duration - The timeframe of the Lease-Purchase Agreement. Usually 2–3 years or more.
>Property Value - The locked-in sale price of the property. The Tenant-Buyer and Seller usually agree to keep the property value the same despite house market changes.
>Terms and Rules - This section talks about other details of the Lease such as property taxes, home repairs, homeowner's association fee, etc.

I would argue that Sisu is by far the best diesel in the world

>((("""""""scientists"""""""")))

Why are you against nuclear?

it's not safe

it's expensive to dispose of the waste,

it's leaking into the colorado river from Yucca mountain (some taps along the river are setting off geiger counters)

Coal has more yield, as does wind power

>Coal has more yield, as does wind power

You're arguing that wind power is more effective than nuclear waste?

Should read "nuclear energy," not "nuclear waste."