Noticed Some Anomalies in the Reuters Poll

I am referring to the one at polling. reuters.com/

Many of us had a suspicion that pollsters abuse sample distributions by oversampling Democrats. However, I decided to take it a bit further and analyze Reuters data itself. Now getting the sample distribution wasn't straight-forward, they make it hard to compare. Doing it manually will discourage anyone from digging. However, I automated it and got the data which you can find here pastebin.com/36bWBs5q

Anyway as you can see, at one point there were 38.55% more Democrats than Republicans in their sample back in early August. What's very interesting is the trend from 9-18 to 9-26, you can see that it goes from there being less than 5% more Democrats to there being over 20% more Democrats. What's also interesting is that Cred Forums post that was right on the money.

>We've stopped oversampling dems as much so that after the debate we can hugely over sample them again, and create a narrative of "Trump's campaign is in free-fall! He's going to lose!"

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/K460Q
archive.is/XLipT
archive.is/kNP99
archive.is/0EMpw
archive.is/BLnWv
archive.is/nBkEM
archive.is/fHfrd
google.com/search?q=precentage of republicans&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
pastebin.com/36bWBs5q
polling.reuters.com/api/1.4/polling/json/mean?dimension=TM651Y15_DS_13×eries=day×eries_columns=bucket-id,bucket-label,low,mean,high,count,weight,count-sum,weight-sum&filter=LIKELY:1&daterange=20160601-20161002&account=trpoll&auth=1eeb6846e5f8be86
polling.reuters.com/api/1.4/polling/json/mean?dimension=TM651Y15_DS_13×eries=day×eries_columns=bucket-id,bucket-label,low,mean,high,count,weight,count-sum,weight-sum&filter=LIKELY:1&filter=PARTY_ID_:1&daterange=20160601-20161007&account=trpoll&auth=1eeb6846e5f8be86
polling.reuters.com/api/1.4/polling/json/mean?dimension=TM651Y15_DS_13×eries=day×eries_columns=bucket-id,bucket-label,low,mean,high,count,weight,count-sum,weight-sum&filter=LIKELY:1&filter=PARTY_ID_:2&daterange=20160601-20161009&account=trpoll&auth=1eeb6846e5f8be86
pastebin.com/6zpPQdXT
twitter.com/jesserodriguez/status/780803150295011328
archive.is/27N6w
archive.is/6fM8B
archive.is/IHMKD
nationalreview.com/articles/331192/nate-silver-s-flawed-model-josh-jordan
pointoflaw.com/archives/2012/10/2012-election-why-nate-silver-might-be-wrong-and-romney-might-be-more-ahead-than-silver-thinks.php
bobkrumm.com/blog/?p=2445
bobkrumm.com/blog/?p=2456
politico.com/news/stories/1012/82948.html
breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/11/08/Team-Obama-You-Can-t-Transfer-Our-Ground-Game-To-Other-Democrats
breitbart.com/radio/2016/08/01/pat-caddell-on-cooked-reuters-poll-never-in-my-life-have-i-seen-a-news-organization-do-something-so-dishonest/
polling.reuters.com/#poll/TM651Y15_DS_13
nationalreview.com/article/331192/nate-silvers-flawed-model-josh-jordan
blog.dilbert.com/post/151007796236/i-score-the-first-debate
pastebin.com/Fee1svd4
cbsnews.com/news/early-voting-surge-benefits-hillary-clinton/
rasmussenreports.com/public_content/political_commentary/commentary_by_rhodes_cook/high_primary_turnouts_any_clues_for_the_fall
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/90906769/#90906848
realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thanks for the tip, mate.

>muh conspiracy!

You guys are fucking idiots. They call random people in the phone book and try to figure out how likely they are vote. There are more democrats because there are more democrats in the general population. Obviously different samples will vary slightly by nature of being SAMPLES.

That's fucked up.

Do liberals even have a conscience?

Here is another graph demonstrating what Reuters is doing

okay bill mitchell

Uhh you are the one that is the idiot. There are only 2% more democrats than republicans in the US.

Yet the poll samples 38.55% more democrats!

A complete fraud.

In the picture I stated that there are at most 15% more Democrats than Republicans in Gallup, yet in the Reuters sample they have a point where there are 38% more Democrats than Republicans.

thank you for going to the trouble of confirming this my autist friend

DEAD PEOPLE ARE RISING FROM THE GRAVE TO VOTE FOR HILLARY RIGHT NOW. IGNORE BEAUTY PAGEANT AND CUBA FALSE FLAGS. POLLS ARE RIGGED.

archive.is/K460Q
archive.is/XLipT
archive.is/kNP99
archive.is/0EMpw
archive.is/BLnWv
archive.is/nBkEM
archive.is/fHfrd

Wrong..... you're an imbecilic cretin

>conspiracy

Cred Forums has always been about conspiracies. Some real, some nonsense.

How new are you?

mods please delete this
nice work user

There is 30% more Democrat.

>random
>oversampling one side repeatedly
That's not how statistics works.

there are more dems than republicans, silly.

Push polls are a real thing, and the Clintons are notorious for using this technique going back to when Bill was trying to become the governor. It's old hat.

bumping for number crunching

>One particular Hispanic worker of mine even said, with tears in his eyes, "Trump is going to send us all to Mexico."
>mfw

If that was true, the ratio of D:R would be random. It's not. It rises and falls over the course of several days.

Actually, Dems and Repubs both hover in the vicinity of 30% or less as per the most recent figures. Independents are 40% and rising. So fuck off with your misinformation.

>more democrats in the general population
Thanks for Correcting The Record

>There are more democrats because there are more democrats in the general population.

>google.com/search?q=precentage of republicans&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
>29% vs 26%
>% difference of both is 10%
>oversampling polls by 38%
yeah nice try shekelstein.

The polls are rigged to discourage you and make you accept a rigged election. Fight the fight and don't ever lose hope!

Really now I think we need to look at methodology. Do they ask about party affiliation? Or do they know party affiliation before calling (and hence the survey is not double blind) from some other data?

Thank you for attempting to polish the turd. Your sleeve will get shitty from your efforts!

another user wrote the following:

The purpose of the fraudulent polling data isn't to influence the outcome of the election, it exists to make you not question the outcome.

Look on 9/06

The gap is basically nonexistant and yet she is still winning

what does this mean?

Anti slide bump

Carry on

where can i get this data? in a spreadsheet or something. i want to take a shot at it.

B-b-but I thought Mexico wasn't bad at all???
Isn't Trump a racist for disliking Mexico???

>pastebin.com/36bWBs5q

In the OP, you can paste that into excel and make it into a CSV and then anlayze it with python, stata, or R. Or just do it in excel if you don't know how to use those. I'll try and confirm if those values are correct from their website to make sure they weren't altered with before, because this is really suspicious

Check the paste bin link in the OP

Thanks for this, this is a really good redpill. I was going to run the same data but just forgot to do it.

And hey, uh.... nice dubs!

These people use the flag of the country they're protesting being sent to, they're living in two separate realities.

whoops im a moron. yeah it's a little fishy.

Hi, I've volunteered for two campaigns so far.
You're full of shit
They use voter registration info.

a good OP post on Cred Forums, with dubs? you're awesome OP

If you browse Cred Forums you should fucking kill yourself you underage faggot. You can't vote

Just ran a little regression to see what is the predicted effect of the difference in % dem - repub on difference on Hill % vote - Trump % vote and the results were staggering. I'll post the results, but it appears to to meet the conditions for normality so the model is pretty decent, probably would have to expand on it, but it is very very clear that oversampling is the major reason for difference in voting.

>different samples vary by 30%
r u a retard ?

Btw, I have that row added next to the residual data just to see if it was correlated with the residuals because if they do, it violates one of the conditions for normality and the model would be useless

Dunno what the fuck any of that means, but I know we're making America great again.

This is really good dude, thanks.

I'm still questioning the data in the pastebin link, I can't figure out how to pull it directly

Reuters has it's own Api which you can access through this URL..

Likely Voters
polling.reuters.com/api/1.4/polling/json/mean?dimension=TM651Y15_DS_13×eries=day×eries_columns=bucket-id,bucket-label,low,mean,high,count,weight,count-sum,weight-sum&filter=LIKELY:1&daterange=20160601-20161002&account=trpoll&auth=1eeb6846e5f8be86

Likely Democrat Voters
polling.reuters.com/api/1.4/polling/json/mean?dimension=TM651Y15_DS_13×eries=day×eries_columns=bucket-id,bucket-label,low,mean,high,count,weight,count-sum,weight-sum&filter=LIKELY:1&filter=PARTY_ID_:1&daterange=20160601-20161007&account=trpoll&auth=1eeb6846e5f8be86

Likely Republican Voters
polling.reuters.com/api/1.4/polling/json/mean?dimension=TM651Y15_DS_13×eries=day×eries_columns=bucket-id,bucket-label,low,mean,high,count,weight,count-sum,weight-sum&filter=LIKELY:1&filter=PARTY_ID_:2&daterange=20160601-20161009&account=trpoll&auth=1eeb6846e5f8be86

I manually copied the json output and used then used javascript to deduce the sample distributions. Next set is creating a script that just grabs it automatically.

I will post my code (I'm home from the office btw, its OP) shortly

bumpin

we all know it's rigged

record status: corrected

I know this sounds fucking crazy but we'll have to keep a track of all the deceased dem voters in this election

Thanks for the help!

Look at the gender balance, especially over the last few days. 65% women, 34% men, Hillary +6. Really makes you think.

So can you use this data to unskew the polls?

>we 538 now

>>We've stopped oversampling dems as much so that after the debate we can hugely over sample them again, and create a narrative of "Trump's campaign is in free-fall! He's going to lose!"

Where did you see this post OP?

It's literally in OP's image.

Basically it is model determining how big the effect of one variable is on the outcome of another. So I took the difference between polling percentages (Hill % - Trump %) call that y, or the dependent variable. Then, I took the difference in sampling % of republicans and % democrats to get (democrat % - republic % polled), call that x the independent variable. So through a process known as OLS regression, it creates a line that minimizes the square errors (basically fitting a line that best predicts y based on the relationship of y and x). You will end up with an equation like:

Predicted Difference in Hill - Trump = A + 0.769047036(x)

A = constant from the intercept coefficient, and constant in front of x is the predicted effect of a change in the sampling % difference.

An interpretation would be, when democrats are oversampled by 1%, the difference between Hillary and Trump should be about 0.77% higher.

>wt:18.4375 lbs
that is an impressive scale

The fact that they're constantly changing the sample size proves that it's intentional deception.

Thinking back, this does seem to correspond with narratives about how each candidate is doing.

>There are more democrats because there are more democrats in the general population

If that's the case then why do they change the percentage of sampled democrats? Why not keep it the same value constantly?

Ok, I've uploaded the html file to Pastebin

pastebin.com/6zpPQdXT

I just copied and pasted the json data from It shows you a spreadsheet of the cells which you can just copy and paste into a spreadsheet editor.

Nothing fancy, just gets the job done

BUMP THIS SHIT. Is this autosaging?

Bumping again.

Lets bump it together

bump for frenchie and his onion scented white flag

Here is the graph byitself

bumping for my statsbros

Here is the oversampled Reuters graph

,=.
American education everybody

Im sure you believed CNN's poll right after the debates again too.

Bumpitty bump. is the simpler graph for propaganda reasons.

>dat rigging
Wew lad.

Its prolly to do both

>Bumping

They had a thing on the news a few days aback here in Colorado how the state is under investigation for dead people voting

I remember the real distribution more or less, is 30-30-40 with 40% being independents.

>4 decimal places of precision...
>inb4 pretending to be retarded

retard alert

Republicans are obviously being mortophobic

>They call random people in the phone book and try to figure out how likely they are vote.
Wrong, 100% wrong, stopped reading there.

twitter.com/jesserodriguez/status/780803150295011328
Jessie Rodriguez Senior Producer of Morning Joe on MSNBC

>The poll was 15% rigged in her favor
>So of course Hillary won by 12%
Hillary won by 35% though

They don't make the oversampling obvious either, You have to look at the sample size with Democrats and then Republicans to compare. They obscure the trend.

>Pay $250 dollars to adopt a mentally retarded dog.
No I'll just find a stray puppy, or pick from a litter.

>They call random people in the phone book and try to figure out how likely they are vote

Sociologist here
You're more retarded than my life choices

>$250 for retard dogs
Makes more sense than whatever it costs us to take in these "refugees"

>on his balcony

he will announce he has purchased a new dress and he will be going to the ball after all

how do you actually determine if a dog is retarded

most dogs act retarded

I archived the data in case they purge everything

Likely Voters
archive.is/27N6w

Likely Democrat Voters
archive.is/6fM8B

Likely Republican Voters
archive.is/IHMKD

Just look at him.

If you say aleppo and the dog tilts its head, its retarded.

Also
>this proves they knowingly selected the above percentages
It's a sample of debate viewers, dipshit, not Americans. More Democrats watched the first debate due to the friendly host and their candidate not saying literally everything is rigged and everyone in media is a son of a whore feeding them lies and to trust him and only him for only he can lead you to the promised land.

So what do the polls look like once we correct the record?

Considering we are in the "Trump free-fall" phase of their plan, then the %DemLargerThanRep should increase in the next batch of data they release.

It was a part of their plan for Trump to horribly cock up the first debate?

Regardless of how Trump did in the debate, in the last week the %DemLargerThanRep has been increasing.

>allbodies..
Fat, Fat, Fat, Fat, Fat and black, Fat and old

This is going to happen. The tears will taste so good.

>1 post by this ID
Really overclocks my RAM.

And likely voters in obama vs romney are vastly different ppl than likely voters in trump vs hillary. Fuck I threw my vote to Stein for the fuck of it. May as well mot have shown up

nice try. 2/10 for effort.

I mean can we adjust the existing data to reflect what fair sampling would look like?

With that graph you should have put in a "corrected numbers if sampling was even" or something like that.

I see what you mean, yeah it can be done. I can start grabbing the other data (such as who Republicans and Democrats choose and in what amount). I'll try to get it done this weekend

>12=35
I can't even call that a nice try. It's just objectively wrong.

As in the 4th of october?

God speed user

I'm 100% behind Trump, but I recall in the last election (Romney), very detailed efforts to "unskew" the polls via various methods, usually involving adjusting the D/R/I turnout. In particular, mainstream pollsters based turnout on 2008 turnout, whereas the unskewers said 2010 was a better model (during the 2010 midterms, GOP turnout was huge).

In the final analysis, the unskewers were wrong, and the mainstream polls were correct.

2012 unskewers & other polling skeptics:
nationalreview.com/articles/331192/nate-silver-s-flawed-model-josh-jordan

pointoflaw.com/archives/2012/10/2012-election-why-nate-silver-might-be-wrong-and-romney-might-be-more-ahead-than-silver-thinks.php

bobkrumm.com/blog/?p=2445

bobkrumm.com/blog/?p=2456

Related: politico.com/news/stories/1012/82948.html (Oct 26): "220,000 fewer Democrats have voted early in Ohio compared with 2008. And 30,000 more Republicans have cast their ballots compared with four years ago. That is a 250,000-vote net increase for a state Obama won by 260,000 votes in 2008." --And yet Obama won Ohio in 2012.

On a more positive note, there's this:

breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/11/08/Team-Obama-You-Can-t-Transfer-Our-Ground-Game-To-Other-Democrats
"Obama won, not unlike W, by holding his base together through a singular cult of personality that is non-transferable to other Democrats. According to David Plouffe, that cohesion and ability to fire up the base will not survive Obama's passing from the political scene."

They've been skewing their polls since late July. Here's an article on it. There was a lot of hubbub:
breitbart.com/radio/2016/08/01/pat-caddell-on-cooked-reuters-poll-never-in-my-life-have-i-seen-a-news-organization-do-something-so-dishonest/

Amazing job user.

The secondary media being 100% biased is not news but Reuters...that's another level of corruption, even honest media use their data, so they unknowingly propagate propaganda, Orwell would wet himself

You have to apply filters to the polls on each individual day and then gleen out the data from that.
polling.reuters.com/#poll/TM651Y15_DS_13

Here is a working link for the first of the articles cited above, Josh Jordan, "Nate Silver's Flawed Model": nationalreview.com/article/331192/nate-silvers-flawed-model-josh-jordan

The other links appear to be live, if anyone cares.

TRUMP IS ACKTUALLY WINNING YOU GUYS. DON'T BELIEVE THE BIASED LIBERAL MEDIA POLLS.

blog.dilbert.com/post/151007796236/i-score-the-first-debate

The sad part is that Trump is going to win the election in a landslide. He is ahead by 2-3 points when you remove the over sampling.

shhhh... the bigger a suprise it is, the more CTR shills will become an hero...

Romney would have won. He was legitimately up by 2-3% before the "47%" comment and the final two weeks in which his campaign literally did nothing.

>sniff

You can't actually remove the oversampling on election day, m8.

Another update, Male vs Female is being manipulated as well.

New Paste data with Male vs Female sample sizes

pastebin.com/Fee1svd4

Take a look at 8/23/2016

431 Males, 702 Females WTF?

Fuck put Sept 26 twice, getting too tired.

This shit is so rigged, it deserves some generals over the weekend

When you combine both

This article killed my hype.
>cbsnews.com/news/early-voting-surge-benefits-hillary-clinton/

Can't wait to see that general

>ITT: Newfags fall for my cellphone posted b8

the scale isn't 4 decimal point precision, it's just in pounds and ounces.

18.4375 == 18lbs 7ounces.

Aw shit, if kek wills it then I really got to do it

I wonder if people would've actually liked Romney as POTUS. From what I've heard he was also a gungrabber.

What the fuck is Reuters doing?

>431 Males, 702 Females WTF?
Holy shit

I don't know where liberals get the idea that there are so many of them around, or that they outnumber conservatives... here is the actual result of the 2012 election, where a lot of republicans just stayed home... Obama won by 4 points. interestingly liberals made up 25% of the voters and conservatives made up 35% of the voters, and moderates made up the largest block 41%... democratic turnout was high and outnumbered republicans 38 to 32, while independents slightly favored the republicans...
A large number of Democrats actually consider themselves moderate rather than liberal, and can sway... A realistic poll shouldn't sample democrats with more than 4 point advantage... anything higher than that is fraud.

>More republicans voted this year in the primaries than democrats.

rasmussenreports.com/public_content/political_commentary/commentary_by_rhodes_cook/high_primary_turnouts_any_clues_for_the_fall

onlypretendingtoberetaded.png

One last bump from me. Thanks for the analysis, OP.

Bumperino. This is good shit. It's too bad you decided to post it where the least amount of eyes would see it.

I'm still amazed Romney even got that much. I didn't even bother to vote in the general in 2012 after Ron Paul lost because Romney was just as appealing as a soggy potato chip. All he had was the typical Republican niche that's nothing compared to the MAGA anthem of Trump.

Didn't we already do this with Long Room?

How'd that work out?

It's weird that they would list a dog's weight with 4 decimal points of precision.

I think you should use %difference instead of %more_than to smooth out the curves. The steep curves look dramatic, but it's too noisy to comprehend %DemLarger and %MoreFemale in context of Clinton Vs Trump

If you smooth the curves, it'll be easier to glean trends from your data

It's better to just use OLS regression to give you correlation.

Good thread, have a bump.

good work

surprised they don't just make the numbers up though

The data is all here pastebin.com/Fee1svd4

If you want to do your own analysis

I might do it later. Although my STATA license might be expired.

>Sociologist here
>You're more retarded than my life choices
And you chose to be a sociologist so...whoa.

This.
How can you claim oversampling if everything that they do is ask about candidate they would vote for now? Then it is just "sampling", and outcome is determined by feelings people are having.

You make it look like they are purposefully calling people who are known to have democrat affiliation, which makes no sense to do.

This doesn't explain the gender anomalies.

You assemble a group of people that you feel is an accurate microcosm of the country, then you ask them the designated questions. For example, if you're doing a poll out of 100 people, you try to get 12 or 13 black people, because blacks make up 12.5% of the population.

After the sample is constructed, THEN you ask your questions. So if you constructed a sample that had 40% democrats and 25% republicans, your results will not accurately reflect nationwide trends, and will thus be skewed.

Are they calling landlines? You are much more likely to find a housewife at the end of one.

Is that how it did happen or how it was supposed to happen, or was it a blind phone poll? Thats why methodology question comes first, numbers second.

No...The sampling isn't random... they call from a known list of democrat and republicans, and deliberately call more democrats than Republicans, by far more than the actual 4 point difference... That's over-sampling...

We must be kindred souls OP.

Just yesterday I was finishing the same analysis, using the same method but focusing on party affiliation instead of on gender.

See (or at archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/90906769/#90906848 if it gets pruned) for the first chart, also pic related.

Did you notice they post the weighted and unweighted numbers at their json? The percentages they show is based not on the amount of votes burning some secret sauce based on "demographics" (as they state at their about page on polling.reuters.com).

Because of that if you guys will do any further calculation about their numbers don't use the percentages, use the raw number of votes.

They already "unskew" the percentages so it would be misleading to "double unskew".

You could use that data and test if the sampling of party affiliation and gender are random or not. That isn't hard to do. From just looking at it, it isn't random.

If that is how its done - I'm surprized.
Then, indeed, it is oversampling, and the concept of "known democrat" or "known republican" seems very iffy to me.

It is definitely not random, considering Reuters is an online poll.

Click the "about" link at polling.reuters.com for how they work:

> Unlike almost all mainstream polls, the data is entirely collected via online surveys. Online surveys allow us to collect far more data and to be more flexible and fast-moving than phone research, and online is also where the future of polling lies.

> This methodology may be different from the ‘traditional’ (telephone) approach used by others, but it is highly accurate: It was the most accurate national poll of US residents published immediately before the November 2012 general election.

> Our data is primarily drawn from online surveys using sampling methods developed in consultation with several outside experts. These involve recruiting respondents from the entire population of US-based Internet users in addition to hundreds of thousands of individuals pre-screened by Ipsos.

And now, the kicker:

> In line with industry practice, some of these respondents are awarded points for participating. Those points can be redeemed for various rewards.

Not a surprise considering how shitty and discrepant their results are.

They don't call anything. Reuters is an online poll pal. See People reply to get loyalty points.

>They already "unskew" the percentages so it would be misleading to "double unskew".

Even if they do "unskew" I think we can see trends that show that the sample differences have an effect.

I meant you could do a statistical test to see if the say the gender split varies in a way consistent with it being random. From just looking at the graphs, it would not fail that test, which means the changing gender ratio isn't do to chance (to a high degree of probability).

Yes, that's the point of the chart in Both the weighted and the unweighted data are represented there. It is interesting how it shows sometimes they weight on favour of Hillary and sometimes in favour of Trump (effectively controlling the narrative).

But they can reply either way, how does incentive to participate can affect numbers more than other noise, like the demographics of online users compared to general population?

But they don't claim it's random. We would be attacking the wrong problem.

It is established it is:

> an online poll
> with a self selected sample
> whose end result is weighted with a magic sauce to make it "scientific"

The last part is the problem. Their published percentage have no relation to the actual votes at the polls (because they weight them) and the responses to the polls have an big bias (due to the nature of the self selected sample).

The problem is that it's considered equal to other better polls

realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

I don't know what the "incentives" are to participate at the polls but participation will correlate with that.

Imagine you get loyalty points to spend on WoW subscription. That would correlate participation one way. Imagine it's to spend at a beauty product online shop. Now the correlation is different.

The fact that their sample is not random give way for many correlations to occur, including internet availability and online time.

Can you see coal miners and farmers replying online polls for trinkets? But they answer the phone and they vote come November.

In the US you fucking register as Democrat or Republican to vote in our primary elections.

Don't shitpost about other countries politics if you don't know what you're talking about.

Its probably points for bonus cards/gift shops, and these cover all audiences.

>recruiting respondents from the entire population of US-based Internet users in addition to hundreds of thousands of individuals pre-screened by Ipsos
"called" "recruited" "selected" still, they are chosen from a pre-screened list, using a "sampling methods developed by outside experts"...
I have a feeling the "outside experts" are compromised...

do you have the link to where they describe that or you are speculating? It could be anything from airplane miles to FarmVille gold

Where, though? The JSON isn't particular easy to decipher.

It's like I know the secret sauce tastes like shit, but I want to figure out why it tastes like shit.

That's the generic pitch to "we've got them online". There is a reason reputable pollsters do it through landlines. It is easy to randomize making the sample free of self selection bias.

Not only that but Gallup has a long run party affiliation poll: gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx and pic related.

Independents are 40% and it seems they lean Trump (see ).

It is in the time series.

Right, so what do 5,6 and 8 correspond to? In regards to ?

The fields from the timeseries are (in this order)

> bucket-id
> bucket-label
> low
> mean
> high
> count
> weight
> count-sum
> weight-sum

Count is unweighted, weight is weighted.

Is this explained in a methodology guide, or did you figure out this yourself like I have?

I figured it out. It is in the URL to the json. I got the URL from firebug web inspector.

You don't know how to troll

While I agree with your point, it is necessary to differentiate between percent and percent point. If one group is 20% of the population and another group is 25%, then there is a 5 point difference (this is what the yellow line is showing), but the second group is 25% larger than the first (this is what the green line is showing).