I am in a small college town in upstate NY

I am in a small college town in upstate NY.

Today, there were 5 randomly placed National Guard soldiers at various spots in town.

They were not on major roads, just on the corners of various neighborhood roads and side streets.

Anyone else ever see such an unusual deployment in your town?

What is its purpose?

OP Did you go and ask them what they were doing there?

Get off your ass user.

drills, scenarios. just training. dont pay it any attention.

Gubment get out reeeeeeeeeee

What town? I might be near you

I've never seen them in my neck of the woods except during disaster relief. But it's not terribly unusual to see a strange convoy or whatever from time to time for whatever ordinary kind of drill or logistical adjustment.

I found out there's some kind of strange regular multi-county police meeting in the basement of the local post office. I've never actually run into one of the guys to ask what's up, though.

No, I was busy running errands. I guess I should have stopped and asked. None of them were at any of my destinations.

Too many weird happenings in too short a time. This merits follow up.

City of ~70k in SE Wisconsin, here. Saw pic related 6 blocks from my house while walking the dog tonight. I'm miles away from the freeway and no one in town works on these.

I 100% guarantee if there was some kind of crazy shit going down they would use someone more competent than the national guard

t. someone who fell for the fight for Isreal meme and now that I'm 4 years from retiring I might as well just fucking stick it out.

No, I don't expect anything crazy. It was just unusual to have any National Guard here and there placement was just so odd. There may have been more, but I only saw 5 at seemingly random and unimportant locations.

I should have stopped and asked.

>there placement
*their placement

Found the statist

Which one OP? I'm from the same area and there was some police meet and great at school earlier today.

probably random bullshit they got unhooked and told to walk around, be back at 9
t. spook

MPs or no?
The bigass MP patch would be a big giveaway.

Any pics of unit patches would help as well to give an idea of what their MOS might be, and therefore what random shit they're doing.

May just be a detail for some reason.

What city?

Oshkosh makes them, but I would hope you're smart enough to know that.

From what I've seen, only active duty overseas are getting those bad boys right now.

I'm in a poorfag unit that hasn't even seen one in person.

Does your college have a ROTC program?

Probably ROTC training. When i made the mistake of going to college they would be deployed on corners of the near by neighborhood. Sometimes standing, sometimes laying prone acting like they were watching the street. These people are no better than any other dindu welfare leech. These faggots 'serve' their country by playing paintball once a month and getting a free ride for it. Ask a national guardsman what service is like. At most some get deployed to safe areas overseas to play xbox on base.

Thanks. That does seem to be a logical explanation for a college town.

Guard deployments are the same as active or reserve deployments.
It's your MOS that determines whether or not you'll be beating off in a safe area.

I'm a 25Q attached to my brigade's only signal company, so I'm guaranteed to be beating off in a safe area when I'm deployed.

As for ROTC, yeah, they're fucking boyscouts until (if) they get commissioned.

This or if there's a nuclear plant nearby there is a very small chance a number of routs are being patrolled for waste before it gets to a trunk line.

heard of a van loaded with weapons
packed up and ready to go

In that case, they would have obvious CBRN patches.