Why do graveyards even exist? They are a waste of space and resources

Why do graveyards even exist? They are a waste of space and resources

For zombies ya squiddiot

Sanitation and a way to have a monument to the dead. Plenty of room for it in most places. I'mma be incinerated, though, since that makes more sense to me.

Because you're a flaming faggot?

me too though, I want my ashes to be seasoned and cooked into a large batch of chili

We do a lot of non-nonsensical shit based on practices of the past.

Why do we wear neckties when shirts are tailored with buttons on their collars? Why do we cut down trees and bring them in our house to celebrate Christmas?

I don't enjoy the undead nibbling on my wife's throat, thank you

Halloween is in like 31 days

they're fun to hangout in

Good luck getting ressed when the Day of Wrath happens.

hehe. I was thinking spread mine on some patch of ground or something. Might as well be plant food for future life.

It just seems needlessly self-important to have a plot and a fancy headstone and all that. I guess if my family wants to put me in a jar or stick a marker in the ground or whatever then that's OK too; won't be my problem at that point.

I slept in a graveyard once for a few nights in bar harbor Maine when I was visiting a friend who kicked me out and I had nowhere to stay.

I slept on a grave for a few nights so they are good places to be left alone

Idk what you're on, but I'm already starting to plan out a modest tomb for myself where I can be buried with my silver.

I'm giving all my silver and gold away in the hopes that it becomes something passed down through the family in case it ever becomes necessary to liquidate it in a time of need.

>not getting shot into space
>or at least shot out of a cannon into your dickhole of a neighbors house

Not gonna lie, you fellas gave me the mental image of a Family's catacombs. In which the family treasure is stored deep inside.

Would be pretty nice to lend the key to the treasure to the Head of family. Make it a generational affair, and as well have the back up assets in case shit goes south.

>Implying I'll ever have kids
>Implying if I ever did they could be trusted with It
>Implying it wouldn't be liquidated and used to buy stupid shit as soon as you die
>Tfw no gf

I'm going to have all my metal and my library in my tomb, when I finally die I'll have someone trusted seal it

What if someone decides to destroy that graveyard and they take away your silver and shit?

I somewhat agree. The dead should be taken into the wilderness to safely rot and families should keep an ancestral shrine to honor the dead.
Cremation is top-tier corpse desecration. The dead should be allowed to rot in peace.

Because Jesus Christ is your personal lord and savior.

>Build a tomb
>Don't fill it with booby traps
what's even the point then? Of course you fill it with traps

I kinda want my mortal remains to be turned into a diamond. Diamonds are forever, and maybe my mortal remains will end up dangling between some hot chicks boobs for the next several thousand years.

Sounds great.

What kind of traps are we talking here?

Vital for the nation's spookiness production.

Chicks with dicks

Graveyards aren't for you, they're a mechanism for loved ones to grieve.

Because Christianity unambiguously says that there will be a resurrection of the literal body. The soul was added once the Church decided that the Greeks had proved its existence.

Heh

I've decided that I'll donate my organs to science. Screw medicine, I dont want my liver to be used for some burnt up alcoholic who needs new one every two years.
If possible I'd donate my skull to local theater so they can practice Hamlet with it.
If possible have my arms down from elbow to show up permanent thumbs up and let some relatives have those.
Rest can be grinded up or incinerate and be used as a fertilizer for some tree planted for my memory or something.

Well, like I said, if they want to stick a marker near the rest of the family somewhere, that's alright with me. I fully intend to keep up the family tradition visiting the graveyard once a year to plant a flower. Fortunately one half of the family is all collocated in a nearby graveyard that goes back to when they first jumped ship from Europe, so that's just plain old a neat thing to go see once in a while.

I think everyone should be cremated and their ashes used to nuture a sappling. Instead of graveyards, there should be entire plots of land with these tress. And each tree can have a plaque. Way better than grave hards IMO

That's more my speed. I've been thinking of maybe having my ashed put under a bush adjacent to the family plots so they can laugh about my spirit inhabiting the bush or some such thing.

>They are a waste of space and resources
What do you think you could build upon our friends?

>The dead should be taken into the wilderness to safely rot
You mean scavenged by wild animals. And tripped over by hikers. Who then get sick because your rotted corpse is full of diseases.

lol

I want to be cremated, no way they are putting me in the ground

Against Cremation:

1. Cremating corpses generates air pollution. Do you have any idea how much toxic shit is in your body?
2. Cremains are gross. There are pieces of bone, teeth, muscle, and medical implants left in them. They also remain hazardous to breathe if they ever get spilled.
3. It's illegal to simply dump cremains into the wind in most places.
4. What are you going to do, keep your family's ashes in your house forever? That's creepy.
5. You just desecrated your corpse, brah. Good luck getting resurrected. (Of course God can still resurrect you.)
6. Imagine your body burning. It's just as bad as it rotting.
7. What are you, a pagan? We bury our dead to claim our land and mark our territory.
8. If you were murdered, good luck ever having your corpse exhumed to put your murderer away.
9. Your undertaker just spent hours embalming you and perfecting your makeup for your showing. So what do you do? You get burned. Do you have any idea how much this pisses off undertakers?
10. Bugs and worms and bacteria have to eat too, you know. It's not like you'll care.
11. You're killing the casket industry.
12. Only faggots are scared of being buried alive.

Graveyards are fun late at night when you're tripping on LSD.

For immortal reasons.