Bump

bump

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/09/y2k-2-0-is-the-us-government-set-to-give-away-the-internet-saturday/
westernfreepress.com/2016/09/28/urgent-call-action-48-hours-obama-illegally-surrenders-control-internet-forever/
flsenate.gov/senators/find
twitter.com/AnonBabble

heard something but i didn't knew when it was gonna happend

Reading now

"The Republicans in Congress are admirably leading a fight to save the Internet this week, and need all the help the American people can give them to be successful. Congress needs to act, or Internet freedom will be lost for good, since there will be no way to make it great again once it is lost."
But ICANN, the Commerce Department, and plenty of others, have scoffed at the assertion made by Cruz, Trump, and countless others.
"The US government has never, and has never had the ability to, set the direction of the (ICANN) community’s policy development work based on First Amendment ideas," ICANN said in a statement. "Yet that is exactly what Senator Cruz is suggesting. The US government has no decreased role. Other governments have no increased role. There is simply no change to governmental involvement in policy development work in ICANN."

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/09/y2k-2-0-is-the-us-government-set-to-give-away-the-internet-saturday/

Texas Here, we actually are leading the way on this. Like most things in this shit country.

>westernfreepress.com/2016/09/28/urgent-call-action-48-hours-obama-illegally-surrenders-control-internet-forever/
Honest question, please hear me out:

What can we do? Why is this happening without our permission? What is the full story behind this shit? Why isn't there a vote taking place? Is it really going to take action on Oct 1? What the fuck is going on right now?

So its nothing and Cred Forums is blowing this up in terms of significance? No shit.

Was Cred Forums pro or anti net neutrality btw? That seems like an issue that'd split a lot of you all up

Well ultimately it represents the internet being handed over to an international organization which I dare say doesn't give a flying fuck about the deep concept of American, freedom of thought oriented liberty... seems a huge deal.

Obviously the internet is a radical thing and any amount of regulation on it is a VERY BAD THING INDEED. The internet IS human progress, and human progress is the internet. There is no difference.

The thought of the internet being threatened by some fucking neoliberal international group that doesn't answer to any body of people is very, very frightening. What the fuck is this shit? It sounds like China, and other nations are getting bitch fitty about freedom of speech and don't want the internet to have that, so this international organization is now taking the reigns to help "ease" tensions.

I mean, honestly fuck this shit. It's not our fucking problem if some foreign faggot government can't handle seeing free thoughts.

I find this extremely disturbing. Sure, maybe nothing will happen, however what does it represent? Why is this something we are just supposed to "let" happen? This is symbolic of a broader situation and to just look away is completely insane. We didn't say this was OK. The internet is an American invention, it is an American phenomenon, and the American concept of pure liberty and freedom of speech that we invented on our fucking own is the thing that makes it what it is.

Fuck this bullshit.

>pol/ is blowing this up in terms of significance
Kek

Very soon President Obama intends to sign over control of ICANN and the Internet, American invented and controlled speech and information platforms over to the UN.

This must not be allowed to happen. The internet is a terrible and wonderful place where the free exchange of ideas can occur. It can be used from everything from finding resources for writing a paper, getting in touch with old friends, or even doing legal work as seen in the current oversight committee. It can also be used for misdeeds as anything can.

This said, I urge you to stand with Senator Cruz in throwing everything you can at this to stop it from happening. In the current media environment we have seen a massive effort from institutions like google and even governments like the UKs and Germany to censor any speech they see fit. This is an extremely dangerous trend and if the internet finds its way into UN hands, I find it highly probably they will make great strides to strip it and remove its capabilities as a free speech platform as best they can.

The internet needs to stay under American jurisdiction so that others the world over can enjoy what is arguably the greatest and most important amendment of the constitution. This decision affects not only the US, but people the world over.

I trust that you will make the right call and support the first amendment by keeping the internet in American hands and blocking this absurd abuse of executive power.

I would love to. But how do I stop it. What can I do?

see
it's all you can do.
I just copy pasta'd my letter I sent in. (opted to strip out the misdeed part though)

Bumping for freedom.

Fat chance my Congress woman will listen but whatever I'll try anyway.

Suure

Write your senator too:
flsenate.gov/senators/find

So why let it change hands in the first place then?

>all it takes is one fucking nigger

Well I contacted both my senators and my congresswoman. I've done what I can. If I gets handed over I'll have done what I can.

Well then, if it makes no difference then there is no reason to do it.

0/10

SPREAD THE MESSAGE