COMFY STATE THREAD / WHERE TO MOVE??

OK Cred Forums I need you help.

I've saved up enough money to go off the grid and live just about anywhere in the US. I've previously lived in CT, NY, VA, SC, TX, FL, HI, CA (was in the military so moved a lot)

Criteria for final destination: low taxes, low cost of living, gun freedom, low amount of SJW, decent weather, small to medium city with access to ocean or woods would be a plus.

Pic related... MT, SC, GA, are on my list...

Washington state, the eastern side
Henderson NV, nice conservative enclave, also safe af

Kentucky.

Give me some worthwhile towns to google / research. I never really considered WA...

Why Kentucky over anywhere else?

Spokane, was is a nice college town

What are you looking for? Small town, city, rural, isolation?

UT is based

MICHIGAN'S UPPER PENINSULA

> small towns (largest 14,000)
> many trees
> fresh water
> very few minorities (90% white?)
> everyone has guns

Solid red state, cheap land, low cost of living, nice people, few blacks and good climate for crops and animals.

Anything from 25,000+ and up... my wife won't do rural / remote. She's lived in cities all her life.

NH?

Damn that looks fucking comfy.

Good weed laws are a plus as well.

Northern AZ sounds like the place for you

You know.. I thought about it a lot... but then I started looking around at homes and found them to be more expensive than I would have guessed.

I did some digging and read a lot of... it ain't what it used to be stories from long-term residents and some people even suggested it's a bit of a police state with too many cops these days.

Your pic is of my hometown of Bozeman, and just so you know there are a lot of SJW's there. It's still a great place, but along with Missoula one of the most liberal places in MT

I've never been to AZ or NM... I have no concept of what people or the geography is like down there.

I've spent time in the east Cali desert areas and Nevada. Fucking lizard people man... scary shit.

I know... I read that... how is Livingston across the pass?

Sounds like Idaho, or Nebraska. Even some parts of Florida, & I guess San Diego fits in, some areas, mostly north county is pretty conservative but lots of Hispanic s though

Livingston is also good, a bit smaller so it might not have the city feel your wife is looking for. It's also very windy throughout the paradise valley. I kinda wanna walk back my SJW statement about Bozeman, there's not so many as to make life unbearable. There's fewer of them than in most college towns, just more than in the rest of MT. I'd give Livingston an A- and Bozeman an A. I'm just listing the reasons neither is an A+

>mfw I live in a small town in the mountains with low taxes, lax gun laws, forests all over the place

Winter starts in late October and goes through to March/April though, plus rent is a bit pricey.

pic related, went up to the mountain pass to take some pics the other day after some snowfall

I lived in San Diego for a year... really liked it. Problems are expensive AF, high taxes, shitty gun laws, and Cali people are kinda shit... San Diego is much better than LA / SF people... but still full of bros and retards.

Some parts of FL are definitely good. I don't know shit about Idaho and can't see much benefit to NE.

Would have said TN/KY, but with
Eastern WA, CO, Northern AZ, now piss off.

flagstaff was the shit when i was a little kid. dunno if it's still based.

>I've spent time in the east Cali desert areas and Nevada. Fucking lizard people man... scary shit.

What?

Sorry man... it legitimately helps with PTSD.

Much better than the liquid jew.

I agree with You'll know them when you see them.

Also, AR was one of the most beautiful states I've been to and quite fertile, and I've seen much of the Western splendor.

IDK, but I first head of Alex Jones by the scrawls in a Nevada restroom.

Gotta shock the stoners out of their trances.

Stay out of Colorado unless you're willing to commute for a long time. Denver to Colorado Springs has become a cancer of suburban sprawl and Denver-to-Boulder is what you'd expect from a bunch of pricks from California moving in to that area.

A L A S K A
L
A
S
K
A

>no state tax
>PFD
>basically zero gun laws
>only 750k residents
>god tier outdoors
>god tier hunting/fishing
>Canadian bros and their great outdoors next door
>mostly white blue collar
>red state
>good veteran population
>they don't salt the roads, vehicles stay rust free
>just legalized the devils lettuce

downsides
>expensive
>brutal dark winters (depending where you are)
>feels like you're in a different country, so removed from lower 48
>retarded natives, easy to avoid

Alaska is very based... that list of yours is pretty much god-like.

However, I can't convince the wife to go for that level of isolation. I also can't say I would go if I was single either... I heard the pussy situation is pretty dire.

Also the worst kind of uneducated hillbillies out there. Going to the UP feels like you're going to the deep south. Tons of teen pregnancy, alcohol abuse, and obesity there because there's nothing to do other than sex, drugs, and eating. Northern Michigan in the lower peninsula is top-tier though.

MT/AZ/NM have medical. Also Since you asked about the latter two, Northern AZ has highlands that are similar to Colorado. Socially, it has a lot of ranchers, hippies, and natives. New Mexico is a bit similar, but he highlands are drier, and it has way more Mexicans. There is a nice old Spanish aesthetic in places, and a number of governmental scientific and military research centers.

AZ is probably the biggest revelation in this thread. I don't know why I've never really considered it but the Colorado Plateau and transition zone look pretty decent.

Only 2 hours to a major city from Flagstaff... gun laws top tier...

Flagstaff is the largest town in the area. It's in a hilly area surrounded by pine forest. I've heard that Prescott is like a smaller Flagstaff with less hippies. Sedona is surrounded by many weathered rock formations, and has many tourists passing through. I don't know as much about Camp Verde or Cotonwood, but they're a bit lower, down in the scrubland. I've heard the White Mountains are nice, as are some of the towns to the West of Flagstaff. The Painted Desert is quite barren, as is most of the land between Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon.

There's also Payson, which I know nothing about.