What do you fags think of this? Seems like a load of alarmist shit to me...

What do you fags think of this? Seems like a load of alarmist shit to me, considering the internet is a bunch of disjointed servers breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/29/obamas-plan-surrender-internet-control-may-unconstitutional/

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-26/un-unleashes-plan-pushing-worldwide-internet-censorship
the-american-interest.com/2015/09/28/un-calls-for-worldwide-online-censorship/
freemuse.org/archives/1180
foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/18/suffers-blow-united-nations-council-backs-censorship-watchdog.html
indexoncensorship.org/2014/05/club-censors-united-nations/
breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/25/u-n-womens-group-calls-for-web-censorship/
indexoncensorship.org/2009/10/us-hypocrisy-on-free-speech-at-united-nations/
blog.constitutioncenter.org/2012/12/can-the-united-nations-really-tax-and-censor-the-internet/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_DNS_root#Alternative_DNS_providers
icann.org/stewardship
iana.org/domains/root/db
rationalwiki.org/wiki/Gish_Gallop
youtube.com/watch?v=GIA17H-b7Qs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Numbering_Plan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Registry_for_Internet_Numbers
simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System
ntia.doc.gov/blog/2016/update-iana-transition
youtube.com/watch?v=dNYf894ZM8U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good luck being able to find anything if the Icann replacement doesn't list the address.

It's not going to change immediately. It'll be once the UN starts to censor "hate speech" that you'll notice websites removing content or getting blocked.

>The UN Unveils Plan Pushing For Worldwide Internet Censorship
zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-26/un-unleashes-plan-pushing-worldwide-internet-censorship

>UN Calls for Worldwide Online Censorship
the-american-interest.com/2015/09/28/un-calls-for-worldwide-online-censorship/

>United Nations resolutions justify censorship
freemuse.org/archives/1180

>U.N. Rights Council Backs 'Censorship' Watchdog, Elevates U.S. Foes
foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/18/suffers-blow-united-nations-council-backs-censorship-watchdog.html

>A club of censors at the United Nations
indexoncensorship.org/2014/05/club-censors-united-nations/

>The UN Wants To Censor The Entire Internet To Save Feminists’ Feelings
breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/25/u-n-womens-group-calls-for-web-censorship/

>US hypocrisy on free speech at United Nations
indexoncensorship.org/2009/10/us-hypocrisy-on-free-speech-at-united-nations/

>Can the United Nations really tax and censor the Internet?
blog.constitutioncenter.org/2012/12/can-the-united-nations-really-tax-and-censor-the-internet/

OP here. Had someone break it down for me. Basically copy/pasting their messages here

Him: Ok so a domain name like www.google.com has three parts, the prefix (idk the real word), the name itself, and the top-level domain

.com is the top-level domain (TLD) for google, it is administered by a company called Verisign, which also runs .net

there are two types of TLDs, generics (gTLD) i.e. .com, .org, .net, .biz, .info and country-codes (ccTLD) i.e. .us, .uk, .tv (tuvalu), .co (colombia), et cetera

Essentially, registrars store some information about website locations, the actual IPs, and registries, like Verisign and PIR (.org) have other stuff, largely the locations of the registries from what I understand

*registrars

But your computer kinda has to know where to go to to find information on the TLDs. That is where the root-zone file comes in. All of these other companies already store most of the information, but the stuff on the TLDs themselves, the very upper level, that's what the root-zone file does

The IANA functions, the ability to edit it, have been with the US government since the DNS was created, but they have been transferring more and more control to ICANN since 2006, with the intention of making the process more transparent

Since 2014 or so, the US government's role has been symbolic

well, largely

not totally

ICANN is DEFINITELY not the UN

you can tell because they have actual power, actual responsibility, and are transparent in the most literal sense of the word

It runs on a multistakeholder model, which basically means that everyone with a stake in the internet, from governments to technical people to individual users, gets to be a part of the policy decision process. You could join one of a number of groups within it if you so chose, and the meetings are always open

1/2 or 3

Me: So... the transfer is to give other governments a say?

Him: Well, they already have a say

ICANN has a committee called the GAC, the governmental advisory committee, that has a seat on the board

Me: Then what is the point of IANA?

Him: Well, when ICANN goes through the process of adding a new gTLD or ccTLD to the internet, once they make sure the people running it are technically competent and have the server capacity to handle being a registry, the TLD is added to the root zone file

That's all the IANA functions are

Me: So basically literally nothing that is happening is going to change how the internet functions as far as free speech goes

Him: Nothing whatsoever, the IANA functions are solely technical in nature and ICANN barely deals with content

Actually, they don't even deal with contente

If anything, it makes sure that free speech is maintained

if the ITU got their dirty hands on it, we would all be at risk

Me: Damn. How about that. Thanks a bunch, man.
TL;DR: This transfer isn't going to effect a fucking thing outside of technical changes

So is using TOR illegal if you dont actually use it for doing illegal things?

Email your congressmen and senators and tell them to block this Shit. Plain and simple.
>but it's just alarmist nothing will change
So why even hand over control?

Hate to say it, but your "someone" is a disinfo agent. They are going to shut it all down to take full control of the narrative

>Obama may be breaking constitutional law

... and?

It's a political move to make the US seem more open, honest and trustworthy

Can you explain how that "someone" is wrong before saying it is disinfo?

>not taking the ultimate red pill which is al gore invented the internet

Newfag

>Can you explain how that "someone" is wrong before saying it is disinfo?
Sure.

Go ahead, I'm waiting for your explanation

Just look at how that person writes (if this ia an actual transcript that was c/p here) you will notice several attempts at NLP aimed towards the OP, and extension, us.

Hello! I am that "someone" and I will tell you here and now that I am not a disinfo agent. Internet policy is something that I do for fun on the side of my normal math studying. I will tell you this about the transfer-- NOTHING WILL CHANGE. This has nothing to do with speech, nothing to do with websites even, because the IANA functions are literally just part of the technical backbone of the internet. ICANN has been administering things for years now. If the transfer doesn't happen, THAT is when free speech would be at risk, since then the UN would take control and actual users wouldn't get any representation or due process

NLP guy, just because I'm a better writer than you doesn't mean that I use mind control. That would be cool af, though, can you teach me how to do it?

>Hello! I am that "someone"
One post by this ID, and no proof
>and I will tell you here and now that I am not a disinfo agent.
Sure you aren't. The pressumption of innocence is given
>Internet policy is something that I do for fun on the side of my normal math studying.
Appeal to your self-appointed authority
>I will tell you this about the transfer-- NOTHING WILL CHANGE.
Reasurramce
>This has nothing to do with speech, nothing to do with websites even, because the IANA functions are literally just part of the technical backbone of the internet.
Trust me, I'm an expert
>ICANN has been administering things for years now.
That is a logical fallacy, can't remember how it's called right now, but I'll get back at this
>If the transfer doesn't happen, THAT is when free speech would be at risk, since then the UN would take control and actual users wouldn't get any representation or due process
The alternative is ALWAYS worse. Trust me.

>That is a logical fallacy
Appeal to tradition!

I said this earlier he has not right to give away an American asset paid for and developed in America for 30 years .
This would be like giving the UN info on every single American.
There has to be a congressional vote to relinquish something out tax dollars and ISP monthly fees help to pay for.

He's not wrong though

All of the things that have been said about this are over hyped clickbait titles

Nobody is surrendering the internet, and none of it is unconstitutional

But it's not an American asset
ICANN is already a non-governmental organization, and the US never controlled DNS

So then how is obama ordering a transfer?

He isn't. Not of ICANN, anyway. IANA is being transferred to ICANN.

Obama is finalizing the transfer of IANA to ICANN
This is a thing that has been going on for decades already, and Obama will finish it.

Yeah its a big red herring attention grab by Cruz. Annd i love the misinformation campaign...Everyone is screaming about the UN. The UN is totally uninvolved in this.

This isn't what I've read from any outlet or source

Could you provide one?

From my understanding, the key aspect is the fcc (recently) refusing to exercise it's jurisdiction over the internet

no

Learn how the internet works before you scream "LEL DISINFO!!"

To add: congress never authorized the transfer decades ago. This sounds unconstitutional

So how would this benefit me if it did go through? There is a saying, don't fix what's not broken. From what I can tell, this is just a move by Obama to benefit himself but not America. What's the fucking point?

icann.org/stewardship

The FCC has no jurisdiction over the Internet.

And when this handover is complete and a week passes or a year passes or whatever and nothing fucking changes, I hope you Cred Forums nuts get it thru your skulls that brietbart and infowars and all those nonsense alternative hard right news sources are just wrong and deceptive about most every issue. Their propaganda is so transparent, its sickening you fucks swallow that shit so eagerly.

Will screen cap this to remind you dumbasses...

Does this mean you will have to use TOR inorder to see websites the UN censor?
>not looked into this story much so I'm kinda lost lads.

>I hope you Cred Forums nuts

Opinion discarded

It's not really propaganda, these websites sell controversy. If there's not enough out there, they'll produce it themselves.

Hello, shillberg.

Are you having fun here?

Do you like what you see?

Good. Fuck the 3rd world shitskins who crawl it

Kek speaks through you.

>ICANN
>"shadowy multi-national organization"

Breitbart is right wing clickbait and you fell for it you fucking dunce.

Yes they do under 47 usc 251(e) and 47 usc 201 (a)

They're just declining to use it because they want to relinquish control

Where are you getting your bullshit from?

You think their website is the law?

Been here for a couple years. Love arguing with you nuts, but hope i never meet you irl

TOR won't help you. if the record has been deleted from ICANN, and subsequently from all DNS caches, you have to have it locally in your hosts file, on a DNS server you control, or the owners register the site on a different root DNS like OpenNIC.

>47 usc 251(e) and 47 usc 201 (a)
What part of those laws do you think gives the FCC authority over the Internet?
>You think their website is the law?
You sounded like you could use an introduction to the topic.

You'll never forget what you read here. Sooner or later, you'll join us.

Its more nefarious than just selling controversy. They are purposely misleading to further a political agenda while making a quick dime. Propoganda thru and thru

>Seems like a load of alarmist shit to me

It is.

You can download the root file, and many people have it downloaded
You can't just change it without the world noticing

iana.org/domains/root/db

>you will join us
Unlikely. I am very firm in my opinions and values. And i seek out a variety to get my news. I am not one of these fucks that just listens to what I want to hear and base my whole world view on that.

No more americans on Cred Forums?

Nice. Down with those barbarian nonwhites

>Sooner or later, you'll join us
Nah, a lot of the memes are shitty infographics that are easily debunked
If you're politically clueless, then of course you'll take the overwelming stream of infographics as a fact

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Gish_Gallop

HAHAHAHAAHAHHHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

HAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Like nigger just learn how the internet works lmao

>it's a dumbfuck hicks buy into alarmist bullshit written by boomers who don't understand how the internet actually works episode

I need an introduction to whatever you don't know about the fcc's ability to regulate this

those statutes give the fcc authority over "Internet numbering"

201 gives general authority of telecommunications including the internet
251 gives them exclusive jurisdiction over Internet numbering. They can also delegate to entities in the United states

To add

In giving it away to an entity our government does not control, it exceeds it's statutory limitation and thus violates the constitutional separation of powers

The loophole they're (obama) using is simply electing not to enforce

I suggest you read those codes first.

>obama
Again, ICANN has been operating IANA since 1998.

good, keep that up. always think critically, or at least try your best.

>they can't actually do anything about it, it's totally safe to give it to them
>but it's not safe to give it to these people they can arbitrarily do something about it

You're friend is full of shit, if it didn't matter then Obama wouldn't be bothering to do anything with it.

>Obama
This is part of a process of privatizing the Internet that started almost 20 years ago.

>privatizing the Internet
DNS is not the internet.

Fair enough.

The innernette is a series of tubes.
And at this point we have the entire thing on one disk.
youtube.com/watch?v=GIA17H-b7Qs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Numbering_Plan
This is what it talks about, not IANA

>201 gives general authority of telecommunications including the internet
Here it talks about internet within the US

Internet =/= US ISPs

fuck, I meant
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Registry_for_Internet_Numbers

I'M AN AMERICAN LIVING ABROAD.
WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP PREVENT THE TAKEOVER OF THE INTERNET?
FUCK THE UN.

kek, take a pill. very little is going to change, at least right away, and if free speech online becomes threatened, we are not without options.

These opinions are?

You can read a book nigger

also IPFS and Ethereum to an extent.
OpenNIC is the most promising.

Why the hostility, Hungary?
I tried emailing my (former) representative, but they needed confirmation of my US residency so it didn't work.

People being chronically uninformed and taking no initiative in changing that.

an easier explanation would be,
a url is a web address, like www.google.com
Its used to make it easier to remember how to get to a site..
google.com is NOT where google is. Google is at the end of an ip adress, which is 209.85.201.138 , go ahead and type that into the web address bar, you'll get google.
A url is linked to an ip address, this is called "dns". The internet can work without dns, as just demonstrated, but plebs cant into basic internet so it is somewhat of a problem for us to looks control over the ".com" dns.

Try reading on how DNS works
simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System

Also, read the history of ICANN and IANA, why they were founded and what they are doing

Then understand that DNS isn't one single computer, but rather a large network of different computers, and trying to censor anything just doesn't work.

See: thepiratebay

kek, this.

>People being chronically uninformed and taking no initiative in changing that
Fuck off, I knew about this weeks ago, at the very least. Calling my rep doesn't do much. Is there anything that can actually be done? That's all I'm wondering.

>trying to censor anything just doesn't work
It does for the average person.

If your server is in the US and the ISPs are operating out of the US, then they're only answerable to US law just like every other private business. The entire concept of the internet being controlled by other countries is retarded alarmism.

Germany can't come into America and tell you that your American business, operating in America and serving American customers, is violating German law. Why would anybody think that a website would work any differently? The worst they can do is blacklist your site in their country.

>I knew about this weeks ago, at the very least.
Knew about what? The UN taking over the Internet? The thing that isn't happening in the slightest? That's what you knew?

It governs any and every internet activity in the us, including organizations within

Take your arguments and apply the to phone communications.

The fcc has more authority than you are aware of

I suggest you learn how to read codes in the first place.
It's not strictly numbering, like I said, in order to govern things like numbering, they've extended their authority more broadly

If you are autistic enough, watch the senate hearing on this, it gets at the issue better than I ever could

>>People being chronically uninformed and taking no initiative in changing that
>Fuck off, I knew about this weeks ago, at the very least. Calling my rep doesn't do much. Is there anything that can actually be done? That's all I'm wondering.
Every day on Cred Forums I think I read the most stupid thing I'll ever read yet I keep being proven wrong

Why do you come here? Stay on infowars or facebook or wherever the fuck you came from.

No it doesn't, because you can't simply remove something from the internet.
The swedish government, which owns the .se domain, tried removing thepiratebay.se, but they just moved to thepiratebay.sx and thepiratebay.org

Literally nothing changed.

ICANN doesn't even have authority over what subdomains you register, it only manages what top level domains exist.
If ICANN suddenly decides to remove a TLD such as .org, massive outrage will happen, and most likely the 12 other root DNS servers will just start their own organization to manage the root file.

the minute ICANN or anyone else, at any tier of the system, fucks with their own zone files in order to manipulate people downstream of them, their status as authoritative is permanently compromised.

by way of analogy for my fatkin, it is as if mcdonalds were to stop selling you a burger with pickles on it, so you go down the street, build a burger king, order the pickles your damn self from a foodservice provider, and make burgers with pickles on them. now you get what you want and you can sell it to others too, and "mcdonalds" can QQ their fucking la-la homo anti-american eyes out all goddamn day but they can't otherwise do a damn thing about it.

our telecomms that you nigger leftists have been hating on all this year ALREADY cache-accelerate lookups. the root nameservers can vanish tomorrow and nobody would notice for weeks.

>see: thepiratebay

you mean the site that has had numerous issues with domain seizures?

>It governs any and every internet activity in the us, including organizations within
No.

But the FCC can't control something that is international

ICANN has always been an international organization, and all it does is provide a service over the internet
IANA was originally created because there was no central TLD standard, so the US decided to standardize it, always having the intention of fully moving it over to ICANN

Is there no way to merely restrict some access to a domain? Like x company cannot connect to .gov?

And the bit about the pirate bay doesn't address what companies who would rather comply and change their shit would do.

Or the downsides of domain hopping

>you mean the site that has had numerous issues with domain seizures?
Yes, and each time they pop up on another domain name, and their .org domain name was never even taken down.
Every single TLD is managed by a different organization, and it is up to them to manage what domains they will register and what domains they wont.
Nothing changed.

>Is there no way to merely restrict some access to a domain? Like x company cannot connect to .gov?
Are you fucking RETARDED?

Yes, it does.

The only restrictions are bourne out in case law, and they have no such restriction for jurisdiction.

Connect as in not host a site, not connect as in access

ICANN could try to remove a TLD, but that would cause massive outrage, it won't take effect immediately (because each root DNS server, along with every single ISP that provides their own DNS server, as well as all the caches that are stored everywhere, would have to update), and ICANN will in that case most likely lose their status and the standard manager

The FCC regulates providers, it does not regulate the Internet in the sense you seem to think. I don't know where you got that idea.

>.org never taken down

and now being under UN jurisdiction and TPP they will be able to

But the issue I'm seeing is that there is a possibility outrage will not happen and the mere ability to do that is the problem?

I admit I'm not well versed in anything but statutory analysis, but it sounds like it boils down to public pressure, which I put no stock in

Am I wrong?

>The thing that isn't happening in the slightest
>implying you know it's definitely not happening

Not an argument.

>No it doesn't
Right, that's why China has a free and open internet. Because censorship doesn't work.

can you elaborate on that?

what the fuck nigger
are you literally retarded
.org is not ICANN

ICANN REGISTERS TLDS

TLDS ARE RUN BY OTHER INDEPENDENT ORGANIZATIONS

.ORG IS RUN BY A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION IN THE US, THAT HAS NO CONNECTION WITH ICANN

NOBODY IS HANDING OVER TLDS TO THE UN YOU FUCKING RETARD

>under UN jurisdiction
Not in any way, shape or form.

>Internet is a bunch of disjointed servers

Net tech here, you don't know what you're talking about.

Also, the Internetwork platform is an American military invention from the 1960s. Though we use the World Wide Web, the ideas for an Internet originated in America.

That being said, every country, including China, has control over its own internet domain. That's why Russia can block porn on a national level and North Korea only has 15 websites.

Obama giving Europe or any other foreign power domain over our internet would technically quantify as unconstitutional.

>Right, that's why China has a free and open internet. Because censorship doesn't work.
That's because they're not censoring within the internet, they are actually censoring the gateway to the internet (the ISPs)

Yes it does

The part you are referring to is only more known, which is 251

The part you are apparently not aware of is their general jurisdiction under 201, which has an exception according to public need and reasonableness to bring in any class

The world should've taken Tyler The Creator's advice and just walk away from the screen. Now the internet is going to be a big brother dystopian hell hole because some people can't handle bants.

>implying you know it's definitely not happening
There it is again. That defiant, prideful ignorance. "I don't know shit and you can't do anything to stop me"
Why?

if ICANN removes a TLD, ALL domains under that TLD have to go as well, or get forcefully transfered to a different TLD. And if they try to pull some sneaky shit like for example transferring all .info domains to .com, and in the process cutting a bunch of "problematic" domains. Then their credibility would plumit over night.

Let's try again. What authority do you think the FCC has over the Internet that is relevant in this discussion?

I don't like anything going into the hands of an organization where the majority of members are niggers and death cultists, no matter how technical of (((fair))) it might be to the """stakeholders"""

I've been using this means of communication since 1994 or thereabouts and it's always worked properly; if it ain't broke don't fix it

ICANN cooperates with verisign who ran it until 2003.

They all cooperate so I don't understand why you think they are independent.

>for example transferring all .info domains to .com
and this is impossible, because I'm pretty sure ICANN doesn't control neither .info nor .com

>There it is again. That defiant, prideful ignorance. "I don't know shit and you can't do anything to stop me"
>Why?

>that thing that Obama wants to do
>that thing that will most likely happen tomorrow
>it's totally not happening guise, just ignor it

It's independent because it doesn't answer to a higher body.

Their jurisdiction extends to any and every class that has anything to do with telecommunications, including the internet.

There's case law where their influence has been extended to foreign entities as long as they are related somewhat to the United states, i.e. access

The only restriction to "classes" is that they would have to overcome the standards written into the statute

That's how it's bourne out in case law.

of course they cooperate, but that doesn't mean that verisign will start censoring stuff under .com domain if ICANN starts censoring stuff

Verisign = private company
Censorship = bad PR
bad PR = bankruptcy

And even if Verisign does start censoring the .com domain, there are hundreds of country TLDs (each run by their country), and even more generic TLDs, each run by a different independent organization
And even then, you can register your own TLD and register whatever subdomains you want on there

so it matters even less than I thought then.

>Obama wants to do
it's not something that Obama wanted to do, it was the original goal when IANA was founded

Question for the "it's not happening people"

Why, if the us has no authority over these things, is the executive able to transfer something at all?

You can only transfer what you have jurisdiction over

NLP is pseudoscience.

>bad pr
>in 2016
So it is *happening* then

When has he ever cared about the constitution?

>considering the internet is a bunch of disjointed server

yes, but do you know the IP address of any of those websites?

giving up control of the domain servers means they can literally take down Cred Forums.org and this place then becomes 104.16.65.203

normies wont be able to access it
and unless you have the IP

you will not be accessing the site

then after that, its not long until they straight up block any routes to 104.16.65.203

then we need to re-learn a new IP every week

Then where does the executive come into play?

You guys are denying any control whatsoever, so then they're just playing make believe?

Okay I'm pretty sure you're trolling now.
That doesn't answer my question. This is about IANA and ICANN, how do you think the FCC is related to this? Be specific and prove you're not talking out of your ass. No "the FCC regulates the Internet " meaningless vagueness.

You really in Latvia or you a paid poster using a proxy?

>Okay I'm pretty sure you're trolling now
Make an actual argument, nigger. This shit's all on record. It's most likely going to happen tomorrow.

If they engage in telecommunications whatsoever related to the US, they fall under the jurisdiction of the fcc

I don't know the intricacies of the internet. Which is why I won't comment on specifics . But it kind of sounds like they are?

Do they not provide any sort of service to the us in any manner related to communications? Then they can be regulated.

Read this and/or stop posting.
ntia.doc.gov/blog/2016/update-iana-transition

I'm a latvian who now knows why people consider republicans massive retards

>I don't know the intricacies of the internet.
Clearly. This is specifically about the intricacies of the Internet. This entire thread is about something you don't know about.

what exactly is it that you think is going to happen? I might not be an expert, but even with my limited knowledge of DNS, IANA and ICANN, I can understand that nothing is really going to happen. Free speech on the internet is not being threatened.

Obama is finally moving IANA completely to ICANN, which was the very original plan when IANA and ICANN were founded

>FurNIC

jezus what have they not infested?

I admit I'm terribly uninformed about IANA and ICANN etc. So your input is very much appreciated. The people who work in telecommunications often have a far more realistic view on these matters.

>giving up control of the domain servers means they can literally take down Cred Forums.org
Nobody is giving up control of the domain servers
IANA is being moved to ICANN
ICANN doesn't control what subdomains are under .org
They can't censor anything

>then after that, its not long until they straight up block any routes to 104.16.65.203
you are genuinely retarded
DNS in no way is able to censor IP addresses. IP addresses are the backbone of the internet, whereas DNS is already a service provided over the internet.
IP addresses already can be censored by ISPs, because they are given to you by ISPs

Sure you are thats why you have 20+ posts in this thread and 30+ posts in the other one.

Many of the red states are extreme evangelists, go figure.

Yeah, because this is a topic that I'm really interested in and have knowledge about, so naturally I want to fight back against the ignorance and fear mongering around it

You have any financial ties with ICANN?

or.. you know.. concidering this hypothetical world where ICANN can simply delete the record for Cred Forums.org, which according to they don't even have. we switch to another DNS root, and all is fine and dandy again.

>infested
can you elaborate? it's not like it's forcefully invading every aspect of your life like (((google))) or something. That, is an infestation.

>anyone who disagrees with me is a paid shill

i honestly feel sorry for you m8

Yea no way in hell that people who stand to make tons of money with ICANN would defend the sell off nope never would happen.

trips of tremendous retardation.

this question actually made me visibly cringe
no, why would I have any financial ties with ICANN? They're not even a political organization, they literally run an internet service

...icann is non profit, user.

>normies wont be able to access it
Good.

>Yea no way in hell that people who stand to make tons of money with ICANN would defend the sell off nope never would happen.
ICANN is a non-profit organization though

So the author is a guy who has invested a lot in making sure the internet keeps growing as an open platform with complete freedom of information
I don't see the problem here

for now it is

still makes millions in revenue somehow

Because it sells TLDs

That's why .walmart exists
And all of these TLDs have to pay a yearly fee

It all goes to Elon Musk.

I think he genuinely might actually be retarded..

It's okay. You'll never forget. And eventually something will happen to you in your personal life that will make you realize that Cred Forums was right all along. It may be months, years, or even decades from now, but you'll learn eventually.

Oh you're the reddit variety shills

don't yall have a vaccine thread to make?

>kikebart publishes click bait
>kikebart and molymemes are our biggest allies in defense of the browning of europe despite being wildly inaccurate on a host of other issues

I really wish there was another website that could translate german newspapers for the europa report. The worst part is that reddit eats this shit up.

kek, whatever. stay uneducated for all I care you paranoid, ignorant dumbass.
youtube.com/watch?v=dNYf894ZM8U

Sure are a lot of shills around today supporting this shit. They must have big plans for it.

Indeed. The free flow of information on the series of tubes is very dangerous for (((them))).

Any good places to find lists of website IPs?

what do you mean? a list of domains and their associated IPs? can't you just do an nslookup or dig on the domains you are interested in?

having a master list just seems beneficial.

That is essentially what DNS does, it translates between IP and domain names. I don't know if you can tell a DNS server to send you a copy of it's cache, but if that is possible, you can just ask the TLD name servers to send you literally all the registered A and AAAA records (the ones that hold the IPs) it holds.
you could also probably find something on google.

Why is he ceding control to Carl Icann? What rationale is there for the government to not control it anymore?

Obama wants a position in the UN after his term is over.

But the UN is a joke, it's powerless.

I thought he wanted a chair on the Supreme Court

He can face impeachment(which he should've been facing a long time ago). Hope he finally does get inpeached and they tell him do not do anything for the remainder of his term.

Except if the Censoring stops the evil scary racist alt-right neo nazi's then in the current year it will be accepted, hell it will be cheered.