ICANN happening in 24 hours

>ICANN happening in 24 hours
>Amerisharts dont give a shit

Other urls found in this thread:

domaingang.com/domain-news/white-house-petition-retain-the-united-states-control-over-icann/
thenewamerican.com/tech/computers/item/24165-obama-un-internet-takeover-is-just-hours-away-congress-must-act
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Governance_Forum
washingtonpost.com/archive/business/2003/12/05/un-summit-to-focus-on-internet/e87ea7aa-2a8e-4185-a666-52bf6112e06d/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

don't forget the currency happening :-)

i care, but i am not a dual citizen with the American's, what i can do has been done repeatedly and nothing more can be done from my end of things.

We care, faggots like you just slid the thread to be pruned though.

Nice job asshole, I guess you don't want our protection over free speech on the net.

That's not how the bumping system works.

>board limited to X threads
>posted a new thread
spic education

Not gonna lie, I'm at a loss for what the transfer means/what it'll do and I'm finding vague shit on google

Obama is a filthy nigger

domaingang.com/domain-news/white-house-petition-retain-the-united-states-control-over-icann/

Do you think this could work?

Everyone was distracted by the election and only now are people finding out and panicking. Its too late. Enjoy your dystopian interwebs boys. Better fire up those proxies. We're going cyberpunk now.

Pretty much nothing mate, the OP is retarded because ICANN has been independent since inception, the system which is "being release" to ICANN has been a part of ICANN since ICANN's inception.

ICANN maintains domain names. obama is giving it to the UN

this means the UN will maintain domain names.

that is it. when you buy a .dot domain you will no longer buy it in the US but the UN and the hope is to make it international.

they just want to make things more and more global and simplified so that the US and US companies have more influence and farther reach.

>obama is giving it to the UN
blatantly incorrect, ICANN is independent and outside the government, IANA which has been contracted to ICANN for almost 20 years is being released to ICANN

Give it to the UN already. Imagine Hillary becoming president and wanting to correct the record for the rest of the world.

yeah so whatever same thing? ICANN is the agency that is global now or run as a UN agency?

I have no idea where the fuck you're getting the UN from Sven. Cite some kind of source that isn't clickbait "news".

same thing bruv
sage

whatever takes this thenewamerican.com/tech/computers/item/24165-obama-un-internet-takeover-is-just-hours-away-congress-must-act

its literally been everywhere for the past week

Sven, news outlets are aggregators not sources, and that article doesn't say shit about the UN except insofar as to make the claim that ICANN will somehow be taken over by the UN with absolutely nothing to back it up.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Governance_Forum

dig a little deeper. stop waiting to be spoonfed.

Last night I had a dream I sharted myself and I thought "Oh man this is just like the Cred Forums meme"

you're right

I'm not trying to be spoon fed, I actually know what ICANN, IANA and the UN are.

Do you know what IGF is?

Yes, it's the international governing body that's been waiting for the US to relinquish it's control of the internet. They've been planning this since at least 2003.

washingtonpost.com/archive/business/2003/12/05/un-summit-to-focus-on-internet/e87ea7aa-2a8e-4185-a666-52bf6112e06d/

>ICANN's Government Advisory Committee is currently established to provide advice to ICANN regarding public policy issues and has participation by many of the world's governments

>international governing body
No... it's a FORUM, as the same suggests. They don't control ICANN and they don't set ICANN policy.