Earth's CO2 levels have permanently crossed the 400ppm threshold

engadget.com/2016/09/27/atmospheric-co2-levels-400ppm-threshold/

>Despite the fact that September is typically the lowest month for atmospheric carbon dioxide, the CO2 levels in Earth's atmosphere crossed the symbolic 400 parts per million threshold this month. According to climate scientists, it is extremely unlikely that the planet will ever drop below those levels again in our lifetimes.

>As we know, the CO2 levels have been steadily rising since the industrial revolution, but the last time the Earth saw consistent levels this high was three to five million years ago. While it's true that El Niño's warming effect is mostly responsible for the current highs measured at the Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii, it should be noted that that human emissions have shot up by 25% since the last El Niño in 1997 and 1998. "So, it's the natural effect on top of the increasing human effect," Professor Richard Betts of the UK's Met Office told the BBC in June.

>Although there may be brief dips slightly in the near future, Ralph Keeling, who monitors C02 levels at the Scripps Institute for Oceanography, explained "it already seems safe to conclude that we won't be seeing a monthly value below 400ppm this year -- or ever again for the indefinite future." NASA's chief climate scientist Gavin Schmidt also confirmed that sentiment in an email to Climate Central, saying that in a best-case scenario where humans stopped pumping CO2 into the atmosphere today, the levels wouldn't start to drop for at least a decade or more. "In my opinion," Schmidt wrote, "we won't ever see a month below 400ppm."

Other urls found in this thread:

metoffice.gov.uk/research/news/2014/uk-storms-and-floods
escholarship.org/uc/item/6gm6t5zc#page-1
ehp.niehs.nih.gov/1104789/
youtube.com/watch?v=5Smhn1gL6Xg
youtube.com/watch?v=qwAqWVwsHp8
pnas.org/content/110/30/12219.abstract
express.co.uk/news/world/714082/babies-cause-global-warming-climate-change-claims-professor
youtube.com/watch?v=PTOxt6dX9GU
youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE
wri.org/applications/maps/aqueduct-atlas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_cycle
history.com/news/7-withering-droughts
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Adding CO2 mass to the atmosphere
Rising temps

Both would cause skyrocketing air pressure

oh no, plants will get larger and more numerous and produce more oxygen

fuck you

Fucking CHAYNA

>oh no, plants will get larger and more numerous and produce more oxygen
and carbon dioxide will absorb infrared radiation that the planet gives off to cool itself preventing it from escaping and causing our atmosphere to heat up but w/e

Build solar shades and freeze the planet.
Could help Venus too.

Cool so I guess now that all this carbon tax bullshit is completely useless we'll be scrapping it right?

CO2 follows warming

OH NOES POOR LITTLE MOHAMMAD AND AISHA WILL SWEAT IN SUMMER 2100 THIS IS LITERALLY THE END OF THE WORLD!!!

>read bull shit studies on the internet about climate change
>get a wild hair up your ass
>major in climate science
>go out into the world ready to change everything
>find no evidence whatsoever for it
>make shit up instead
This is what actually happens, when collected data doesnt fit into a model that predicts that the earth will warm, the data is adjusted to fit.

Awesome our plants will be growing better than ever.

YOU KEPT DESTROYING THE TREES YOU FUCKING RETARDS NOW GO PLANT NEW ONES! GO. OUTSIDE NOWW!!

Regardless of what you think about anthropogenic climate change, if the average temperature continues to rise even a few more degrees, we are fucked. And barely anyone is talking about solutions or at the very least, ways to mitigate the problem.

If temperatures continue to rise, crop yields in the tropics will decrease as plants cannot tolerate temperatures that are too high, and already marginal agricultural lands may become unproductive. In addition, water will become an ever more valuable resource, and one which will be fought over. If you thought the million refugees so far that have come to Europe was something to be worried about, it's merely a preview of what's to come.

>While it's true that El Niño's warming effect is mostly responsible for the current highs measured at the Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii

AAAAAND DROPPED

> past the 400ppm threshold

What happens after it breaks the 400ppm threshold?

> The same thing as before!

So its not actually a threshold?..

Yeah buddy my weed wont take as much canned air

The greenhouse theory has not accurately been demonstrated. Warming causes an increase in carbon dioxide and there's no evidence that carbon dioxide can "trap heat".

The effect of CO2 on plant growth gives diminishing returns though. It doesn't work for eternity, atleast not on the plants we have right now.

This.

Since it's crossed the threshold and there is no going back, there is no point to any environmentally friendly activities since we are fucked regardless.

What if we just kill our Western industry and export the CO2 production elsewhere?

What if we just focus on the 4% of man-made CO2 and ignore the other 96%?

What if we just ignore the fact that CO2 follows warming, not the other way around?

What if we just ignore the fact that the IPCC has been deliberately selecting, deselecting, '''recalibrating''' and adjusting the data from climate stations around the world to fit their projections?

What if we just ignore the fact that most climate projections thus far created by the IPCC have been absolute bullshit?

more CO2 means more plant material, which means larger CO2 sinks.
Stop killing trees. kill people who kill trees and you safe the planet.

> be entropy
> evolve biosphere capturing solar energy to chemical energy
> evolve antroposphere using the captured chemical energy to generate heat
> heat dissolves in spacetime fabric much better than other energy forms
> do this until all energy is perfectly disolved

China's making nearly 1/3 of the worldwide CO2 emission.

Biggest polluters on Earth are China and America by a massive margin.

Please fix your fucking shit before you kill us all.

The U.S. plants more trees than any other country on earth. You can track logging for that.

>inb4 'muh old growth'

Planting trees doesn't mean anything when your emissions are so high trees can't even keep up.

Oh noes, less people will die of cold in the winter

Reminder that more people die from cold than from heat every year. But I guess some people would rather live in a frozen wasteland than in a lush, temperate environment

>m-muh weather is dangerous guys
>m-muh co2
lmao

> killing Western industry
Already happening - outsourcing everything to chinks and poos
> focus on 4 % CO2 - okay, total deindustrialisation, pop. level goes back around a 100 mill
> CO2 follows warming
Interested in citation, would you kindly?
> IPCC misrepresenting data
Okay, but in which direction? 'Things' are better or worse than the 'official' projections?

Well then world government masquerading as the UN will impose their draconian carbon rationing plans in order to control all life on earth leading the world straight into another dark ages.

Troof be told, 21st century is going to be epic carnage mostly from overpopulation and resource depletion so this ploy to control carbon is fairly transparent. Energy is life, carbon is life, control those, control life. Like any religion it's just a matter of relentless propaganda bombardments, getting hold of the children. They are already rising, the Nazi climate youth.

the USA have more treen now than when colonization started. So much for indians being in touch with nature. Mofos actually liked to burn their forests

What if we just ignore the whole problem?

Wait until we are dead and let our children deal with the consequences.

That's a solid plan, right?

>find no evidence whatsoever for it
Besides the literal chemical makeup of the entire planet's air supply drastically shifting and the world being in its hottest state in something like 200,00+ years.

Denying climate change doesn't make you a redpilled race warrior it makes you fucking retarded. Sorry to burst your stupid contrarian bubble but you are wrong according to almost every single scientist across the globe.

Prove to me we can't engineer bigger, better trees that absorb more c02 and generate higher yields of oxygen, fruit, and temperature lowering ability and I'll capitulate.

But also lots of land where nothing could grow because of the cold will become more productive. Dude, Greenland used to be fucking green a few centuries ago. Did everyone die back then? I think not

Well, it worked so far.
Give that can a good kick, I say!

Who cares about those people though?

> prove a negative
Burger, pls.

If earth's atmosphere passed the 400ppm permanently then how did earth unpermantley get out of it 5 million years ago? Lmao

How will my AC ever recover from a change in a degree or two???

WE'RE BELOW SEA LEVEL YOU ASSHOLES
I'M GONNA DROWN THANKS TO YOU

That is good news. More Co2 means more photosynthesis and a healthier biosphere.

>Prove to me we can't
It doesn't matter whether we can or can't, what matters is we aren't doing it, or at least aren't doing it fast enough.

Take the fucking bus for once, ride a bike, Jesus fuck just stop ruining the entire Earth for everyone.

You're gonna need a bigger boat.

Co2 has no effect on climate.

Quick! Abandon planet!

I can't wait for the end no more pain.

This. I'd happily hop on the globalist train if it meant crazy planetary engineering projects.

It will be a change in meter or two of water most likely, unless you live inland. The vast majority of developed property in the USA is going to be flooded and worthless, consider that a business incentive to do something you fat fuck.

>le CO2 maymay

brought to you by "economists", gender studies and general mouthbreathers

now in technicolor (i used to see the B/W image on my prof's papers)

The rice of ocean levels is kind of a threat though.

>unironically forming a nation below sea level
you brought this on yourselves

>stop ruining the entire Earth for everyone.

No.

Who cares what scientists have to say the EU's solution is to ban inefficient vacuum cleaners?

Automated space colony construction when?

you mean like the coastal cities all over the world were supposed to be under water right now?

I dunno but your country's collective waistline will benefit from the mass scrop failures and resulting starvation the degree or two's change will cause.

>the religion of climate change

>do as I say or else the world ends

The scientific left

Oh no! I guess it'll only have to happen another 600 times before all those cataclysmic events occur...

more CO2 means the oceans acidify and warming, O2 creating and trophic system base providing plankton.
It not the fact of CO2 increase, but speed it increase by (which is growing)

>WE'RE BELOW SEA LEVEL YOU ASSHOLES
>I'M GONNA DROWN THANKS TO YOU

CO2 has no effect on atmospheric temps. between now an 500 million years ago it vacillated between 8000PPM and 1000PPM

Correlation =/= causation

Cold weather gives rise to K-selection though, so it's a net benefit.

>beachfront land in the nevada desert

Trees dont contribute that much to the carbon cycle.
Algae is responsible for most of the earth's photosynthesis

>trillions in economical damage as existing coastal cities become uninhabitable and harbours are no longer usable

Oh gee great we could be colonising Mars right now but we won't be able to do that because we still have to develop TRANSGENDER FUCKING BATHROOMS FOR SPACESHIPS I FUCKING HATE PEOPLE

Regarding CO2 and warming effect:

The oceans interact with the atmosphere to control the amount of CO2 in the air. The oceans hold an immense amount more CO2 than the atmosphere (many, many times more), and a warmer ocean emits CO2 and vice versa.

CO2 and liquids interact in a way where warming the liquid releases more CO2. Cooling it means the CO2 will be absorbed. Giving it more CO2 will not warm a liquid up. Ocean temperature changes lead atmospheric CO2 changes in historical data.

Also:

metoffice.gov.uk/research/news/2014/uk-storms-and-floods
>The major changes in the Pacific jet stream were driven by a persistent pattern of enhanced rainfall over Indonesia and the tropical West Pacific associated with higher than normal ocean temperatures in that region. The North Atlantic jet stream has also been unusually strong; this can be linked to exceptional wind patterns in the stratosphere with a very intense polar vortex.
>As yet, there is no definitive answer on the possible contribution of climate change to the recent storminess, rainfall amounts and the consequent flooding. This is in part due to the highly variable nature of UK weather and climate.

>climate charlatans predict variable and extreme weather for years, including saying that springs and winters will be earlier and later, and colder and warmer (all predictions have changed over the years)
>it's down to the jet stream
>which is down to solar and lunar behaviour, not CO2

>IPCC misrepresenting

They deselect weather stations for their data if they go too much against their models and predictions and edit scientific documents themselves prior to publishing them on behalf of scientists. The IPCC is fucking fraudulent.

>our 4% has any meaningful influence
>CO2 has any meaninful influence on our changing climate
>we can control how the sun and moon interact with our oceans and atmosphere

It's OUT OF OUR CONTROL.

Well, at some point we'll have so many plants that they suck all the extra CO2 out of the atmosphere and then we're back to square one. How do you suppose all that coal ended up down there in the first place? It's just fossilized plants

That's true, but we've already seen what happens when a few African countries experience droughts or a few Middle Eastern countries are destabilized.

My country will be able to feed itself, but it doesn't mean we won't be affected by it, especially if there is an exodus of people from the tropics.

I'll be dead before any of that happens, so it is acceptable.

BUT. YOU SEE. PROPORTIONALLY...

i was making a movie reference you autist go use a sauna and stab a jogger

It's the farm aminals doin it.
Stop eating meat, open your eyes.
Go vegan, stay woke

>400 parts per million

Do you understand how little that is? Do you understand that every plant on the planet feeds itself with CO2?

Giant floating tree platforms in the sea.

>all citys with high nigger population underwater
>threat

hmmm maybe it has something to do with the fucking masive fire that happened in canada?

or the dozens of wildfires in California

> permanent
> our lifetime
We must have different definitions of permanent.

I care about those more than I care for some poo in the loo desu

>your daily reminder that unsustainable agricultural farming practices (e.g., monoculture, soil depletion, et al) are the biggest contributors to CO2 levels

Thank you for the effort. Going to read it.
Godspeed, user.

>tfw everyone on Cred Forums has bought into the climate change scepticism meme created by old millionaires who don't care that the world will be fucked in 50 years since they'll be long dead and just want to keep earning at their current rate until they die

Those niggers will move elsewhere.

Putin spent a good amount of money a while back and found it was completely fake.

It's a political science.

Climate change is real, it's not caused by global warming, global warming is another attempt at convincing the world it's dying so they can be pushed into one group and one order.
They tried it with aliens too before that lost any leg to stand on.

In the late 1950s they were convinced that humanity would be destroyed by the baby boom.

Pollution does hurt the earth, and we should try to be as clean as possible on such a large scale, but never believe anything any politician ever says or agrees with every for any reason.

>the planet gives off to cool itself
Negative, radiant heat is a function of surface area and temperature.

We could live on an ice planet and the planet would still "try to cool itself"

fuck you

>Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii,
You know what one of the huge problems with empirical evidence for climate change is? That the same observation points are used every year, the problem with this is that many of these sites have been more industrialized over time. So if you had a site that in the 70's had nothing near it. and every year more traffic and industrialization was introduced, you are going to get different readings based on that alone.

You don't even need to go vegan just keep your meat portions a normal size and the problem disappears.

Westerners eat way too much meat, you can subsist off a fucking fatty porkchop daily, but that isn't enough for Cleetus and his 80000lb wife and 18 children who need their daily whole deep-fried cow in order to survive.

Thank God fat people die early.

Can you imagine if we got back to roman levels?
Shit would be so cash.

>muh global warming

I'm just going to go bed soon so I won't bother arguing right now.

Infrared is literally in its absorption spectrum.

Unless there is something different about the warming caused by 400ppm of co2 and399ppm of co2, the usage of the term threshold is just fear mongering journalism.

The only way to save the planet is genocide.

This is now a climate change denialist thread

Those seeking rational discussion abandon now

Or you guys could just envelope your cities with glass domes and rename yourselves Atlantis.

Environmentalists demand war with China when?

>Cred Forums falling for kike owned oil company propaganda
pretty sad, desu

Letting some kind of manufactured biological agent wipe out all of China would solve most of the world's problems today.

Fucking Chinese just won't back down

emission per capta

China 7
USA 16

global warming is not propaganda I swear, it's china

You are wrong. CO2 is a symptom of lower sun irradiation. Sharp rise of CO2 indicates lower conversion rates to sugars due to plants getting less energy. Humans are irrelevant at this point unless they learn to control the weather. In less than 5 years we will see sharp drop in temperature at least 3 degrees down from the current average.

If I'd seek rational discussion, I wouldn't come to /pol, user.

So, we will have a explosion of green life in the world?

>crazy planetary engineering projects.

There are actual serious geoengineering ideas to help slow the warming of the planet. Some involve increasing cloud formation to reflect more sunlight or releasing some reflective chemicals into the upper atmosphere.

If the temperature reaches a threshold that starts seriously affecting crop yields, I suspect China will undertake something like this, since they have the most to lose and probably care less about potential risks.

trillions of profits to be made by your now beachfront property

not really though, the atmosphere is not a closed system, and even if it was a few ppm change wouldn't cause anything significant

And yet half the greenhouse gas in our air is methane from livestock production. If we stopped making methane it would dissapate almost immediately... why have we not shut down all factory farming operations if we're that concerned about global warming?

Please explain to me how even a 20m highly unlikely sea level rise will cause that much damage to places 200-300+m above sea level?

>LA, San Francisco, Jew York

I say let the drown.

we could literally just plan more trees all across the US in the worst case scenario.

america was known as the great plains for a reason, now we're going to be known as the great forest.

Warming follows CO2

You're a sociopath and everything that is wrong with humanity you ancap piece of shit

>CO2 has no effect on atmospheric temperature
>Adding gases to atmosphere that efficiently adsorb and then emit photons won't cause the earth to heat up

Why are you all in such denial? Do you really think you're more knowledgable about climate science than 99% of ACTUAL FUCKING SCIENTISTS

>why have we not shut down all factory farming operations if we're that concerned about global warming?
Because your country is so fucking fat and worthless you would rather destroy the entire Earth than forfeit your daily burger

> African countries experience droughts
> Middle Eastern countries are destabilized
When has that ever not been the case? Are you fucking high? It would make sense if you showed me a graph or something, not this touchy feely bullshit that proves nothing.
If people's countries go to shit because of climate and they flee, that's none of my business desu. I don't have to let them in and there's a good chance that they'd die in the attempt anyway. If, instead, they had good climate, their population would grow and produce even more immigrants or worse an army. Appeasing is a bad idea in international politics.

GCC proponents agree that it's damaging to the message.

Nevertheless, we are crawling towards our own apocalypse.

>2nd largest country in world
> 90% of it completely uninhabitable due to crippling winter wasteland
> global warming
> bad

Can't come soon enough tbqh

Sure, we'll just get right on that tomorrow with our carbon nanotube factories & unobtanium refineries powered by our fusion power plants.

CO2 has not been conclusively linked to global warming, and in fact the predicted models of warming are totally wrong. Ergo, the theory is wrong, or massively overstated.

We really should be more concerned with aggressive agriculture, water pollution, and waste management. Not only is CO2 inconclusive at best, it will be used to justify a "life tax", force you to pay for every carbon unit resource you use. Which is fucking stupid because we are made of carbon and CO2 degrades.

humanity gasses itself to death
and the jews thought hitler was bad

> shit that will never happen

>Muh global warming
It's a natural cycle. Global warming has happened before humans exsisted and it will continue to exsist long after we are gone.

>muh climate change
Climates changing is a natural cycle. The reason we give a fuck (and we should) is because it affects the worlds population with possible famine's and draughts.

However, climate changes will always happen with or without humans in play.

What we all should be worried about is human terraforming. The speed in which forests dissapear from our world because of our agricultural/food needs is NOT a natural cycle, and may possibly fuck us up worse then any global warming or climate change.

>and carbon dioxide will absorb infrared radiation that the planet gives off to cool itself
>that the planet gives off to cool itself
We aren't living on Gaia you fucking faggot. We don't have some self aware planet that consciously moves some Lifestream around and shit.

if the colony isn't made underground then its fucking useless.

it's all clear now. the Chinese and Canadians are causing global warming so they can use the rest of canada. the leaf is behind it again.

>and in fact the predicted models of warming are totally wrong
No, you fucknut. There are models for every single possible situation imaginable. Of course those that don't apply to reality don't give out fitting results.

Because people need to eat fuckface. You stupid fucking environment shills would rather crash the population no survivors then present real, viable solutions.

>sea levels might rise over the next 5,000 years
>oh shit nigger, all this water came out of nowhere!

Stupid monkey, china has almost 5 times the population with 60-70% living in extreme abject poverty. Their massive population makes the per capita numbers meaningless.

Also check out the other oil producing and mine heavy countries in that list...notice they all have a high "per capita" co2 production rate.
Open your fucking eyes.

It is common knowledge that almost everyone in your country is overweight, you eat way too much.

>Per capita
Australia and United Arab Emirates

Impressive

>We're made of CO2, therefore CO2 is good
>Durr liberal cabal muh business

Nitrogen and Oxygen gas, which make up idk, 90% of the atmosphere, cannot adsorb and emit infrared photons. Water, CO2, and methane do. Therefore the more of those, the more heat is trapped.

>permantly
Talk about a fucking hyperbole.

It's this kind of shit that makes me doubt climate change.

According to this we do not exist today since the last meteor impact raised the co2 levels much higher and faster. since it was irreversable our current levels are impossible. "The impact pushed atmospheric CO2 levels up from 350–500 ppm to approximately 2300 ppm" wikapedia

yup. If every fucker who predicted an Armageddon was right, we'd all have died a million times already. And every time it was used to make a buck.

Ok faggot fucker lef me coreect myself. The projections on which this environmental panic is based are wrong. If i shit on one page and piss on the other, i guess i would have results for every situation wouldnt i?

>Muh global equality
so Americans need to lower their standard of living to match 3rd world standards?
How are they going to achieve that.... hmmm... let me guess... Carbon taxes?
Busted!

BUILD A GIANT WALL

Not to mention that 80% of all increases in global carbon emissions is solely attributable to China. The rest of the world would need to increase emissions for 4 years just to catch up with China by next year

>400 ppm

Just for this that don't know

It's 400 CO2 molecules for every 1,000,000 partial in the air.

It's fucking nothing

Maybe because they predicted it, we were able to avoid it. Nuclear war, etc. The mental hoops you guys jump through I swear.

>In the late 1950s they were convinced that humanity would be destroyed by the baby boom.
Yeah but the baby boomers ruined everything for everyone, so maybe they had a point.

>China's making nearly 1/3 of the worldwide CO2 emission.

Mainly while producing consumer goods for Western countries.

jesus christ we are going to be just like planet Spaceball.

>The projections on which this environmental panic is based are wrong.
Except no. The scientific community hasn't based its predictions with any certainty on any single model. What the retarded masses do is whatever. No point in paying attention to them.

Where do I find proof that the kikes own the oil companies? I'm trying to redpill a friend who hates middle eastern wars and hates Israel but refuses to hold the Jews responsible

Soldiers of climate change we must rise up to eradicate the yellow man.

We are the last hope to save the planet from climate change.

>make engine that uses CO2 for fuel
>???

problem solved

And you Vanadacuck commie block faggota think there should be international rules on how much we consume? Fuck your little flower-power dick-licking socialist buttplug up the pooper leaf-fetish country, and your fay little president.

We are not the only fat country, and further our fatness comes from corn and sugar additives, which arent especially destructive agriculturally.

I did a science experiment in 7th grade that proves plants grow more when the CO2 concentration in the air is higher.

GLOBAL WARMING BTFO

Much science.

>Implying it's not a result of their massive urban development
Manufacturing is moving out of China and into other southeast Asian countries like Vietnam where there are even fewer regulations.

China's pollution is because china is growing. China used more concrete between 2011 and 2013 than the United States did throughout the entire 20th century. They pretty much built a country overnight

>tfw i live in florida

im scared now

Does this mean someday there will be trees as high as mountains?

>except no
>what the retarded masses do

You literally just agreed with me, the specific projections causing the panic are wrong, pushed by immoral scientists on ignorant sheeple.

In CO2, oxygen is already reduced (-2 oxidation state) so it'd be inefficient to use it as a fuel source. However, you can in theory make a microbial reactor that uses CO2 from the atmosphere to make methane (and burn it for energy and net carbon output =0). The system can be combined with solar/wind energy to produce the initial electrons needed.

CO2 is the product of fuel you dummy. It's not combustible because it's already been combusted

>Critiquing science
>Without using science
>Instead, using cartoons

Your parents expected more.

Looks like nothing of value will be lost

Technically any reaction be be made to go.

Plants use photons to break the equilibrium and convert CO2 into sugars and oxygen

Good. This world needs to die off, as does every living thing.

Nature and biology is objectively evil.

>pushed by immoral scientists
No. It's not scientists who are pushing the panic. The scientists study the phenomena and publish data, as well as make realistic, logical conclusions based on it.
Retards push the moral panic and then other retards react to this push by ignoring all the evidence existing for anthropogenic climate change, as if the entire global scientific community was in on it.

>CO2 plant food therefore is good
>we're made of CO2 so therefore its good

Maybe, you thick fuck, things are more complex than your 7th grade science experiment

>When has that ever not been the case?

That's the point. It's already happening on a small scale. Now multiply that.

All plants have a temperature range in which they grow best. Rice, for example, grows best around 30°C. If the temperature is too high during seed development, the spikelets (where the seeds are produced) can become sterile, reducing the overall yield.

Spikelet sterility increases greatly beyond 35°C, especially in high humidity. We're talking 10-15% declines in yield per degree.

Now, what do you think will happen when countries in the tropics when their staple crops start suffering significant yield declines? Do you think they will just sit there and die?

Why do you think we are trying to develop heat-tolerance in staple crops? Why do you think we are trying to find wild varieties with genes that confer heat resistance?

Come on, just think critically for a moment.

Theoretically it's possible with artificial leaves which can create Syngas, but considering the energy density it doesn't seem very practical. We might as well just put solar panels on our cars

>people need to eat!
>give me a viable solution!

Go vegan.

DUBS!

ITS HAPPENING!

PRAISE KEK

You don't need to combust shit tho

See plants and photosynthesis

Denying climate change makes you a traitor to humanity. There are thousands of studies and all charts that you guys use to refute it actually support a changing climate. Oh yes, America will be fine, but when there are 500m refugees from India/China coming here we're fucked. The Earth will survive with more CO2, but can we? Regardless it is in our interest to switch our energy to other sources and invest in science. At the worst we invent something useful and can stunt China's economic growth from shutting down their factories and power plants.

The scientific community isn't in on it. There isn't even a scientific consensus on AGW

we are going to be retarded

escholarship.org/uc/item/6gm6t5zc#page-1

Is CO2 an Indoor Pollutant? Higher Levels of CO2 May Diminish Decision Making Performance

ehp.niehs.nih.gov/1104789/

didnt they say that if this happens, that there is no longer any hope to stop global warming?

I remember there being a power point on it, someone named gore was involved...

They still haven't fucking left New Orleans.

The amount of energy produced from photosynthesis is nothing compared to combustion. There's a reason we still use fossil fuels, and that's because of how efficient they are at releasing energy

>international rules on how much we consume?
Not a bad idea honestly, of course you would be extremely opposed because you are an obese fat faggot who can hardly move and will die early.

No dude it's because it was bullshit. If they were able to avoid it, let me assure you that they wouldn't make a big deal of it. Why would they? You don't need to know. When they do want you to know, OTOH, is when you have reason to be suspicious. Depending on the agenda, the events and intents of the Cuban missle crysis can shapeshift very easily

I don't remember anyone saying there would be fewer hurricanes.
One time they are going to have to show me how they came to this, because my worst estimates amounted to centimeters.

>critiquing memes
>with other memes

Looks fine to me, senpai.

Because it's a relatively new phenomenon with very many factors affecting it, as well as massive amounts of propaganda against it.
At this point though, there isn't really any credible theory for this climate change that doesn't have humanity at its source.

They could be IN western countries and running on green technology and using ecological standards too.

>implying we're not going to ask "why"
China's meeting demand and nobody's doing shit to stop them because we want their shit on the cheap. Stop pretending like they're the problem; we're all the problem. Perhaps global warming is actually a fucking god sent.

>eating a consumer of CO2.

I thought we wanted to reduce CO2. Why would we eat consumers of CO2?

go kill yourself

Yeah, but that wouldn't be extremely cheap.

>The greenhouse theory has not accurately been demonstrated.
Venus, you massive faggot.

yeah nigger but the net enthalpy change of those reactions are way over 0
now how do you want to make an engine work that requires more heat than the output?

>t. baby boomer

I hear we're getting close to attempting some Mars missions within the next decade too. Perhaps the fittest among us could move there to populate it/escape the increasingly toxic Earth atmosphere? We Blade Runner soon?

Get real.
In 10 or 20 years we will add 10m to our dikes and deltaworks.
We will ship in some sand from some african shithole.
And we will be sitting on our new tropical beach while the rest of the world goes to shit.

Well, it's easy to never be wrong if you don't place your bets. Basically the scientific community goes "dunno lol". Then why are we busting our ass with carbon regulations, if nobody can prove that global warming is bad?

>Putin spent a good amount of money a while back and found it was completely fake.
>never believe anything any politician ever says or agrees with every for any reason.

>Putin spent
>never believe anything any politician ever says

>Putin
>politician

ERROR

DIVIDE BY ZERO

C U C K D E T E C T E D
U
C
K

>In the late 1950s they were convinced that humanity would be destroyed by the baby boom.
In their defense, social programs + boomers are basically one of the major causes why everything is so shit now. Japan got fucked by it, too.

it's a fucking terrible idea. Do you realize you're literally shilling for the NWO?

Learn to swim.

Wait. We have over 6 billion years of data on earth's climate and atmosphere?

The scientific commune at this point has already gone "yeah, it's pretty much certain it's humans, alright".
>Then why are we busting our ass with carbon regulations, if nobody can prove that global warming is bad?'
Because it IS bad for modern mankind. It costs a shit-ton and it's cheaper and better for all of us to stop polluting as much.

If the NWO implements some kind of global health standard I wouldn't oppose that particular idea.

The centralization of power is ALWAYS a bad idea in the long term.

>there isn't really any credible theory for this climate change that doesn't have humanity at its source
That's not how the scientific method works. It's not a matter of "well we can't think of finding any other explanation, so this one's good"
Science is about accurate study of observations of nature. It's not about confirming your bias.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Smhn1gL6Xg

So what? We have more pressing issues with Plastic in our oceans and chemicals getting into our water supply.

C02 follows temperature change historically. Not to mention it is the building block of all life on this earth.

We have more cars than the Chinese

We've gone too far. We must take collective responsibility for what we've done to the environment. We must punish all human beings. Humans are evil, we're killing our Great Mother Earth. We must eradicate all of those who view themselves as individuals, for those who do not belong to the collective are the forsaken ones. We must also eliminate those who are not vegan. We are peaceful people. For we know that we hath told ye 4,000 times before that we have passed the carbon tipping point - But this time, we're serious.

>The scientific commune at this point has already gone "yeah, it's pretty much certain it's humans, alright".
No it's not, only 30% of climate scientists say it's caused by humans.
Stop listening to Bill Nye, he's a mechanical engineer not a climate scientist

u guys r fucking retaded. black science man gona invent a CO2 atmosphere scrubbing device and save us all

You mean like zika?

That's no what we see though.

Go back forty years or so. CFCs were a miracle of modern science. Inert, colourless, odorless, a hundred and one really useful applications including refrigeration, cheap to manufacture and a boon to industrial productivity.

Except... when they concentrated around the poles during the annual tropospheric whirl. These exact circumstances (constant high altitude aggitation, cooling) produced free radical fluoride and chloride that consumed ozone, a very important gas that blocks deadly UV radiation. We were swiss cheesing the upper atmosphere by total accident.

So what happened there? The European scientists confirmed what the Auz scientists were saying, with peer review by an increasingly worried US contingent. They went above their governments to the international panels of scientists in China and Russia - at the time, mortal political enemies of the West - presented their findings. The commie scientists took one look at the figures and freaked out.

AS ONE BODY OF GLOBAL SCIENCE they all demanded highest levels of political audience, and that CFCs be stopped. The politicians oblidged, everyones' laws changed, and now we only find CFCs being used extremely sparingly, usually as flame retardants in mines or tunnels.

That's what happens when there is a global threat to the planet. Not ever increasing taxation.

I don't get what you're trying to get at. Are you just repeating your previous point? I understood it, but I already told you why I disagree. They'll just eat something other than rice, or be poorer and less popolous. Would you seriously choose to handicap your own country for the sake of others? What's wrong with you?

Go to another planet to burn your shitty tar sands and stop fucking ours up. Temperature change follows CO2 because CO2 adsorbs and emits infrared photons which N2, O2 (90% of the atmosphere) do not.

No, the 1% will use drones to wipe out the unneccesary bulk of humanity long before then.

That's nice, but I'd prefer to hear the information from a source that isn't NASA, NOAA, or any affiliating organizations, due to their history of tampering and overestimating climate data to favor the current administration.

But I can never find such data... Mostly because Manmade Climate Change via CO2 emissions is chemically infeasible.

Oh no! Now nothing will continue to happen!

oh boy, I can't wait until Canada gets conquered on some flimsy pretense because global warming will turn our frozen woods in to arable farmland, while you burgers will have rendered most of your country uninhabitable

You do realize that carbon is not the only greenhouse gas, right? It's not the most harmful (I believe it's methane), nor is it the most abundant (water)

>Nature and biology is objectively evil.
I'm glad someone else gets it. This world is Hell, we're just really good at not noticing.

> If the Bolsheviks implements some sort of national profit sharing standard I wouldn't oppose the idea of being subjugated by a tyrant
Gee, to each their own I guess.

>Observe phenomenon
>Form a hypothesis
>Study, test phenomenon
>Form a theory on this
>Repeat tests to confirm
>Publish results
>Others repeat tests to confirm your results
Scientific consensus.
>"well we can't think of finding any other explanation, so this one's good"
That is not what has happened at all, you double-nigger. Fucking oil companies have hired scientists to find evidence against anthropogenic climate change, yet they found absolutely nothing.
All of our studies imply that humans are at the source and nobody can currently prove otherwise.

>only 30% of climate scientists say it's caused by humans.
Source that, nigger.

All of the shitholes like Africa, Middle East will become unliveable wastelands and hundreds of millions of browns will try to get into Europe/North America/Asia. Fortunately by the time this happens, there probably will have already been right wing/fascist uprisings and no gibsmedats will be tolerated; theyll be told to fuck off or will be gunned down at the walls

how is it bad? Do you have any data to back that up?

Water vapor is the most impactful, and methane is the most potent I believe. Mentioned them here:

CFCs were an acute threat. Climate change is a slow phenomenon that's only going to kill shitskins and cause economical losses to modern nations. Not at all comparable to the ozone layer getting fucked.

So what if we increase the amount of plants?

>be humanity
>spend last 4 generations raising co2 levels and exponential rates
>finally get it over 400 ppm
>ITS PERMANENT, 1 LIFE TIME CANT UNDO IT
sometimes I think we are still just monkeys and our science is really no different than an ape scooping ants out of a hole with a stick.

So when are bombing China and India

together they put out more than 17x the rest of the world combined.

We could regulate ourselves to hell and back and not even dent CO2 emissions due to them.

Any environmentalist has to agree with the genocide of Indians and Chinese otherwise you are nothing more than a self righteous uncaring fuck

Wake me up when the global warming faggots actually propose something -- anything -- that would make a difference in their doomsday predictions.

You can't have limitless billions of poop colored people and an anti nuclear agenda but still pretend to be against carbon emissions, faggots. That's why I will never believe a single politician or PR guy advocating for change on global warming, they're all full of shit simply out for more power and money.

Rising ocean levels cause havoc to infrastructure, added heat content increases amount and strength of storms. More flooding, landslides, etc.
Essentially economical damages and dead shitskins. Doesn't end the world, but we could do without the economical problems.

Nice try GED

Maybe the refrigerant industry which used CFCs isn't as powerful as the fossil fuel lobby. Climate science is not disputed by other reputable scientists. Fossil fuels are much more engrained in our society and therefore it is harder to change our habits.

I'm a global warming faggot and I advocate to solve it as well as other issues by reducing the China/India/Africa population to less than half its current size, at the same time providing aid to them to build green techonology and industrial facilities.

>Source that, nigger.
Cook et al 2013

It's the same study people use to quote 97% of climate scientists agree.
The study does give the 97% figure, but that only applies to climate scientists who have taken a position. The same study also shows that 2/3rds of climate scientists have not taken a position. 97% of 1/3rd is roughly 30%

good goood , sooon there will be much more

praise kek

>plant more trees
the fuck is that going to do
trees barely give off oxygen as it is. it's mostly algae and the ocean that does the job.

Sweet then I'll soon have beach front property

>and our science is really no different than an ape scooping ants out of a hole with a stick.

it's more that all those people in politics and journalism have such a severe lack of even basic understanding when it comes to science that even an undergrad would die from shame.
the problem is not the scientists, the problem are people who don't understand science trying to interpret it

So what's the number amongst scientists who haven't taken a position? You can't just rip it out your gaping asshole like that.

>United States
Don't rope us in with the Mexicans and Maple niggers.

>You could have elected Jill Stein and not some incontinent traitor

can't wait

>They'll just eat something other than rice
All crops have an optimal temperature for growth. I gave rice as an example because it's one of the most common staple crops and has a relatively high heat tolerance. Wheat, corn, potatoes, sweet potatoes, cassava, etc. all have optimal temperature ranges for growth. Wheat has an even lower heat tolerance than rice.

>or be poorer and less popolous
No country would willingly let itself starve. I'm not sure if you're trolling now.

So that 3% against is really 1% against.

toppest of keks

Not the way the Alarmists are bleating on about it, though?

Thing is, there were clearly some scientists who enjoyed being the architects of a solution to save the planet, and it went to their head so they looked around for other Great Works to achieve at exactly the same time as the EU was closing European coal mines down left right and centre and open to a new Killer Science Menace to justify it. The very first governmental report on GW? Thatcher's Downing Street, using the EU situation to smash the coal unions, and now armed to the teeth with a "legitimate" reason.

Stand in the Royal Albert Hall and hold up a ping pong ball. That's how much CO2 post-Industrial Revolution and endless fucking mechanized wars have added in total to the atmosphere. It's a poor joke; plants consume CO2, they are the bottom, the basis of the ocean food chain. Every billowing coal tower has added to Life on Earth, ultimately.

Global Warming is politics, not science, with the end goal of making money for politicians and their cronies not already up to their eyes in money thanks to fossil fuels.

>How many scientists who haven't taken a position agree with my position?
Are you retarded. THEY HAVENT TAKEN A POSITION. THERE IS NO AGREEMENT

30% of scientists say it's real, 1% say it's not, and the rest haven't said anything. That's not consensus

>you could have elected a fucking greenleft cunt
Why would you ever fucking want that? Trust me, we have a lot of those retards in Europe. You don't fucking want them.

no, no, you see, that's not data; that's just you making shit up. The IPCC will say "this year we got so and so many more storms and floods" but will neglect to mention the positive effect (more green mass, less deaths due to cold) and any figure that might go against their agenda (let's be honest, their existance depends on everyone believing in gw. That's a conflict of interest, isn't it?). That's not how you prove that something is bad. You're supposed to take the positives and negatives and weigh them against each other. Also you can't just say "well storms are stronger", you have to quantify the increase in damage done. Otherwise you're just saying "bad shit happens, better stop doing what you're doing and do as I say instead". You give me some graphs and numbers and I might be satisfied. Just saying that bad shit happens isn't enough.

Yeah, it is. Hardly any papers actually refute AGW compared to how many support it. That doesn't change the fact that an overwhelming majority of scientists don't lean one way or the other

>permanently

Nah nigga UV band B breaks down CO2 in the atmosphere in about 80-100 years.

>permanently
>What is planting trees

Goodbye humans, it was nice ruining this planet with you.

So your solution is literally genocide? You control freaks give me the goosebumps

I mean we think we are separate from animals, much in the same way the superior races once considered the negro to be just another animal.

Im saying, maybe we are just monkeys and maybe our science really isnt that impressive. We have only figured out how to do a few tricks. Maybe an even greater civilization will come to earth one day, look at are parlor tricks we call "science", and then laugh at us or maybe be even amused at how such animals can do something like split the atom and maybe to them that will be as basic as using a stick to pull ants from their colony.

Maybe we haven't even discovered real science yet.

Theres still some green left, lets get it!

plants are already like 50-60% less numerous than they were 400 years ago, they aren't coming back.

Because maybe somewhere along their annoying rambling, the tree hugging hippies have a point.

This is true and another reason why watching CO2 is important: it relates to the pH of the ocean and the environment in which algae thrives.

>400ppm
thats not a lot at all

SOMEONE THINK OF THE CLAMS

Well that convinces me.
30% BTFO by 1%

>Wake me up when the global warming faggots actually propose something
Use public transit.

If you want government policy, put a massive tax on gas and get the government to use the money to buy up all the rail in your country and improve it for public transit use.
>b-b-b-but muh economy!
Yeah the economy has to suffer if you want environmental policy to work, so deal with it. This isn't some dystopian ancap shithole, the economy isn't the only thing that matters in the world despite what kikes would like to tell you.

If you want to solve the China problem you need to stop buying their garbage products, introduce massive tariffs. Yeah it's going to fuck the economy but that's the only way to stop China from polluting the entire globe and in the long run it will help American businesses take root back home.

We do it to animals all the time.
That's why I'm totally for pitbull laws. Everytime i say we should outlaw them, people assume I just want to see all of the pitbulls put down. They're overpopulated and being euthanized in record numbers. If I wanted more pitbulls put down I'd just fight to keep them legal so niggers can keep breeding them out of control and giving them up to shelters.
>It's the trainer, not the breed!
No, it's neither. It's the population

>Every billowing coal tower has added to Life on Earth
There are no words. Sure more CO2 means more algae growth. But it also means:
- higher dissolved CO2 in oceans leads to ocean acidification and coral bleaching which will disrupt the lower rungs of the marine ecosystem
- When algae blooms grow, then die and sink, bacteria comsume them and in doing so, use all dissolved oxygen in the water, killing fish and crustaceans (see Gulf of Mexico dead spot)
- Increased heat leads to more water vapor in atmosphere and melting of permafrost, releasing methane

Source: MS student in Environmental Engineering at Stanford

Nuke Brazil and China desu

>But I guess some people would rather live in a frozen wasteland than in a lush, temperate environment
Bro as long as that lush temperate environment never goes beyond 15 C we're golden

youtube.com/watch?v=qwAqWVwsHp8

Chinese are superior though they can survive anything. it's us whities that have to worry.

Oh, that's what you meant. Should've typed "taken a position on the subject" to be clear.
Well yeah, that's how science works. They won't take a stance on it, since it's not absolutely clear. If you give them a yes/no questionnaire, of course they'll refrain from answering.

Ain't happening tonight. I'm trying to relax before going to bed and having a serious discussion would ruin that. It's really nothing conclusive at this point, just that research indicates storms will this and that. You can Google it if you care.

pnas.org/content/110/30/12219.abstract

ftp://texmex.mit.edu/pub/emanuel/PAPERS/EOS_mann_emanuel_2006.pdf

It's THE solution. If you want to solve and counteract anthropogenic climate change, you either force those billions of third worlders to live lives of shit quality, or then just sterilize / kill them. If they were to attain a Western standard of living, it would cause issues.

>people, including scientists/boffins, thought we could have an advanced civilization without breaking a few eggs
It doesn't work like that.
It never has worked like like that.
And it never will work like that.

I'm not arguing against AGW. I haven't read any of the 1% papers, so I'm not supporting them.

I'm arguing against the notion that the scientific community agrees. There is no scientific consensus. When most of the scientists don't take a position, I hardly believe you can claim that the position is correct. And that goes for both advocates and deniers of AGW

express.co.uk/news/world/714082/babies-cause-global-warming-climate-change-claims-professor

>Demographic trends the world over show when you give women choice, you educate them, you give them power in the household, and you start to fight back against patriarchal society, then fertility rates go down

daily reminder that global warming is a sjw cult

The planet isn't ruined, m88. Nature evolves and adapts and will remain.

Nigger, they oppose nuclear energy to the point where it's been replaced by coal power in Germany. What fucking sense does that make to you? They're full blown multicultist ANTIFA, socialist retards. You don't fucking want them, holy shit.

A chink could literally be set on fire and they would survive unscathed. What are they made of?

Chemical engineer who works with agriculture here.

With the rise of the world temperature, most fertile regions of the planet will become too hot to plant their current cultures.

This means that they will rely more and more in transgenic plants to be able to yield the same crops or face a major supply problem.

Bayer has just bought Monsanto, becoming the biggest transgenic developer and seller in the world by a large margin.

Most of these transgenic plants are extremely advanced, meaning only Bayer/Monsanto can do it, and are infertile, meaning that the farmers have to buy them at every rotation.

Let that sink in.

We are heading to a direction where a single small group of individuals (kikes) will have control over the food supply of most of mankind.

>since it's not absolutely clear
Glad we agree, there is no scientific consensus

Although, they didn't do it from a questionnaire, they did it from the abstract of the research of the climate scientists. And also a brief questionnaire.

Well if what OP says is true, if all them ice caps are going to melt and kill us all, what would be your solution to prevent it for just a little while longer?

>permanently

the fucking audacity of these faggots.

Didnt a buttload of volcanoes go off this year?

So why not break a few eggs? Genocide the Chinese, sterilize the Indians and spread bioengineered diseases amongst the Africans.

desu it's unlikely that such a civilization could exist. The sad reality is that the basic assumption of intelligent life (that nature behaves in a consistent, predictable manner) breaks down in so many places it's not even funny. We produce man-made objects to create our little niche where everything has its purpose and mechanism, but whenever we gaze at true nature itself, we're like grain of sand dropping into an abyss. The prospect that we might be the best that life has to offer is the most depressing to me.
The problem is that you people ate so much propaganda that you totally lost the sense of measure. For how much damage global warming can do to humanity, we can hurt ourselves much more in the effort of preventing it. Lisent dude, global warming isn't that bad. I'm less worried about global warming than I am about ISIS or about car accidents. Especially considering so many people are eager to worry in my stead. BTW I'm a physicist and I had to sit through a 3-month course about energy sources and climate. I may not be a climate scientist but I know a thing or two

so all of the pain and misery caused by environmental lunatics was all for nothing, only serving to punish good people simply trying to live their lives in peace.

nice

Wew boy if you wouldn't have an IQ of 80 then you would realise in 5 years just how ridiculously wrong you were.

Why cant we genetically engineer a plant to be super hungry for co2?
We already know how everything works down to the atoms it shouldnt be that fucking hard.

Uhhhh..... Wouldnt warmer weather actually lead to lower carbon ppm? Warm = more plant life. More plant life = less free carbon. Am I wrong in assuming this?

>literally be set on fire and they would survive unscathed. What are they made of?
youtube.com/watch?v=PTOxt6dX9GU

>mfw my home becomes a beach front

Yasss

I'm sure it's possible, my intuition says a bacterial or mechanical system would be more efficient though

Scientific consensus doesn't mean it's absolutely clear though. It just means that people agree on something to the point where they can say "yeah, probably."
Nothing is truly absolute. The certainty of knowledge is just about time passing and repetition, until the chance of your attempt having a different outcome becomes a small enough probability. Like gravity, there's trillions of cases of it working, so the probability of it suddenly not working right now is so infinitesimal, it can be ignored.

Of course it's not going to be willing. It'll happen all the same, just like it happens and continues to happen throughout history. People starve to death in Africa because it's too hot and there's no food. So what? That's life.

That's what I was thinking.

Though a potential glacial lake burst from antartica could cause an immediate surge if antartica melts enough.

I live downunder, we'd be on of the first hit too.

we could dump huge amounts of Iron sulfate powder into the oceans. to create algae blooms which will suck CO2 out of the oceans and turn the carbon into solids and liquids. Which will then fall to the bottom of the ocean and enter the food chain.

start replacing coal power plants with nuclear, and also build thorium plants.

electrify all rail infrastructure.

a floating wall linking alaska and russia, would prevent ice and cold war from going south and warm water moving north. Keeping the Arctic ocean colder and covered in ice more.

build massive hydroelectric dams at the bottom of glaciers. to provide energy and to store fresh water.

Thanks Obama. Really fucked us good.
And just because you couldn't grow a pair and get the Conservatives out of their hugbox.

>"Hardly any papers actually refute AGW compared to how many support it."
"Hardly any media are actually against Hillary Clinton compared to how many support her."

"Hardly any politician is actually against open-border refugee migration compared to how many support it."

Etc., etc., you fucking cuck.

I'm not saying we shouldn't break eggs.
I'm saying that we can not and will not EVER be able to have our nice little society without fucking shit up.
All these environmentalist retards seem to be under the impression that something can be done to stop this.
Not without destroying almost every city on earth and killing off 90% of humanity to boot.
Newton's Third Law is absolute.

They're not going to kill us though. Just fuck up coastal cities and infrastructure, displacing hundreds of millions. (which of course will come to Europe and USA, thank you Mutti Merkel)

Plants already are super hungry for CO2. Our current plantlife could thrive and grow far larger in hundreds more ppm CO2 atmospheres.

>mfw my island summer cabin falls below water

That the Cinese women has a mask on has nothing to do with CO2.

SOX, CO1, NX and other by products of burning toxic shit causes the breath problems and decreases the life expectation.

>The prospect that we might be the best that life has to offer is the most depressing to me.
What else is depressing is that the light from the stars that is just now reaching us, is from stars that burned out years ago. when you look at pictures of all of the galaxies (you know the one Im taklng about), youre filled with hope and wonder, but what people dont realize is that its all gone. its all dead.

Its nice to believe that someone planned this whole thing and that there's someone competent fucking us over. There's no one, this is because of our own stupidity and greed, that's a lot scarier than some fake boogeyman, grow up and look outside your safe area.

>Warm = more plant life
Sure, just look at the sahara, it's overflowing with plant life

That might not stop some radiation still though.

Such as higher frequency radiation that could penetrate rock without magnetic field protection.

At this point.. only mercury or jupiter/saturns moons are viable.
Mercury is too hot.
Jupiter/Saturns moons are too cold and effected by gravity from the planet they orbit (would probably cause health issues).

The point is that it's going to be a lot more than just a few countries in Africa. Your country will be affected by this.

>bigger, better trees
Isn't most of the atmospheric CO2 consumed by algae?

Living on a mountain sounds more and more awesome every day. That way muh global warming can't touch you from all the way up there.

"Global Warming/Climate Change" is just a tool used to solve everyones problems:

> TV News - Doom and disaster stories
> Government - Carbon taxes
> Universities - Funding
> SJW's - Climate Justice aka solcialism
> Vegans - Meat causes GW
> Bernie Sanders - GW caused the Syrian War
> The EU - Carbon levies as another form of trade barriers

> What is p-hacking

Maybe we don't need to sove it. At least, not in such a hurry. Of course fossil fuels kinda sucks, but they're pretty damn convenient and cheap. IMO we should focus the most on reducing pollution rather than CO2. CO2 is np, it's not going to poison you.

>PPM below 300 on that graph always
wew.. if we're above 400, we don't know what might happen.

Guy like elon musk is saying that Mars, with a permanent level of Co2 by concentration at 98%, or in other words 980000 ppm, can easily grow plant life.

And we are worrying about 0.04%......

and still they don't pull out the additional CO2.

Everything would well, if they just swallowed it.

That's not as retarded as you think.. we might have to do that or move all of our coastal cities.

You realize that if we had continued along our C02 decline ALL life on this planet would fail right? We are literately arguing over plant food. Thats how fucking stupid you people are.

>CO2 levels are increasing
>plants use CO2
>plant growth will increase
>this is a bad thing

>I'm not arguing against AGW.

Funny because it sounds like you are.

>I hardly believe you can claim that the position is correct.
>And that goes for both advocates and deniers of AGW

So actually, you are arguing against both?

Well, that's pretty much what all idealistics are like. They don't realise that we live in an imperfect world where reaching a perfect solution is impossible, so they strive for that perfection, often causing far more damage in the process than they would if they accepted imperfection and built around it instead.
This also applies to multicultism, where people, driven by their emotions and ideals of everyone living in harmony, disregard reality, mankind's tribal nature and the fact that they're not doing anything to improve life in the third world. That their deeds only degenerate the West, whilst not improving the rest.
In the shape of gumballs:
youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

Looks like they were bang on then :^)

Reminder that water will become the most valuable resource wri.org/applications/maps/aqueduct-atlas

>mfw i live 80m above sea level

You fuckers can all drown i want my own personal island.

What the fuck is that scream? It sounds like a whale's mating call.

But I love the sea. I love swimming in it, kayaking, fishing. I've lived my entire life by it.

>permanently
Ya, okay

Mars' atmosphere is also one fucking percent as dense as Earth's dude, they are not comparable at all. 980000ppm CO2 on Earth would transform our atmosphere into a fucking Venus-tier shitstorm.

Haha, so it's FLORIDA that falls into the ocean! Suck on that, hillbillies!

>Finland has all that fresh water
We're so going to get invaded.

btw my city uses desal water

If people started all using desal water - would that negate the effects (or even deplete the ocean)

Reminder that none of this will happen until everyone on this board is long dead.

>deplete the ocean
Shieet nigga, did you pass primary school?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_cycle

They literally will. The Syrian crisis happened because of a severe drought in the area. If you think the current immigrant situation is bad it's only going to get worse. It's already happening. Pay attention you fucking burguer

Tbh that doesn't really affect me. Some stars have died but others have been born. They sky looks substantially the same.

All the children of the future will be brown anyways. Let the world die with the death of the white race.

Are you planning to genocide us all tomorrow mr. soros?

>Daily reminder to add sauce.

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is The Migration Crisis Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Close Those Borders Like Nigga Stop The Migrants Hah

Algae growth will increase, which disturbs the environment through eutrophication and die-offs, plus no amount of plant growth will negate the volume of CO2 put into the atmosphere.

I know that feel.

We are going to be (((persuaded))) into selling all our water to the USA for almost nothing in the near future, just watch. Just like how they raped our oil they will rape our water too, and Canadians will be left with nothing.

Many droughts happened through history. Some worse than others. What's happening in Syria isn't an indication that we're a running out of water.

Well, atleast Russia has a lot of Fresh water of its own and we've got a credible defence force. Cooperate with other Nordics like we're starting to and our defence will be pretty good.

It doesn't need to be planned for someone to take advantage of it.

It doesn't need to be planned for someone to take advantage of you with it.

Open your eyes, goy.

Yes, to africa.

It's an indication that weather conditions are becoming more extreme, in the sense that they last longer and happen more often. There's data on this my man

>global warming is another attempt at convincing the world it's dying
Well.. pollution still is a huge environmental issue.

There are gyres of rubbish in our oceans.

Yeah nah it's because the USA purposedly destabilized Syria for political reasons. They even admitting. Everyone with half a neuron knows it. Then those who did it blamed it on global warming. That's a convenient scapegoat, isn't it?

>So if you had a site that in the 70's had nothing near it. and every year more traffic and industrialization was introduced, you are going to get different readings based on that alone.
umm.. user

That says that there is a rise in readings then.. even if it's local it's still a bad thing.

history.com/news/7-withering-droughts

Data on natural cycles? Human beings can impact the environment but in no way can they change the climate.

We can't just take your word dude, you have to post the damned data

Our politicians will admit to anything they can take guilt for. Don't take their word for it.

>Australia dodges treaties for CO2 emmisions
>has 2nd highest per capita rate

wew.

Good. Can we stop seeking a solution then that involves economically crippling the middle class?

Mario's right, faggot. Are you an asspained Bernout who still believes 'durr climite chaynge causes terrorism xdddd'?

This is more concerning to be honest.

>Airconditioner

Guess we found a solution for We'd be stuck indoors though with air purifiers.

>that sweet fresh winter air won't be fresh anymore
>waking up at my summer cabin early in the morning with a fire going on, the air outside will be as bad as the air inside
>you may one day be telling your grandchildren about how the air outside used to be so clean and fresh it would feel good to breath it and how people didn't wear masks outside

It baffles me that people think polluting the environment is a good thing.

It needs to stop.

The excuse every time is "it destroys jobs"
Then that means we need to change our productive structure then.