THE INTERNET, BARAHCK

We could be on the verge on one of the largest potential happenings in human history

How will the ICANN transfer of power direct the end user, if at all? What are the short and long term implications of such an action?

Can possible negative effects be avoided?

Discuss.

>Now Barahck, I've got a bag here...

Other urls found in this thread:

ipfend.com/blog
youtube.com/watch?v=KweZQzKgIUM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We need a way to still directly connect to Cred Forums. What would happen is just that typing Cred Forums.org and the direct IP are disconnected if they censor it with ICANN

dont you just type in the ip address?

we need to prevent this!

:80

how can we affect any change? in anything? we cant
they own the game in which we must play with in.

we are doomed.

YOUCANNT

Goddamn. Nothing is gunna happen. As long as you use Tails, Tor or Orbot and know your IPs youre fine. All it affects is DNS routing.

SOMEONE REDPILL ME ON THIS SHIT

WHAT'S STOPPING THE UN CLOSING Cred Forums FOR BEING "ANTI-SEMITIC"?

nothing

>host your own DNS server
>get enough people to draw from it and use their own
>build a network
>tell the kikes to fuck off
not hard to get around, you just need to get the word out

Texas, Oklahoma, Nevada and Arizona are.

Or they're trying to, anyways.

nothing.

its over at midnight

the internet dies
hillary wins in nov
WE HAVE ARRIVED

THE FINAL HOUR IS HERE

ITS OVER

THE GUNS WONT SAVE YOU NOTHING WILL SAVE US

Who owns ICANN?

There you will find your answer.

DEUS KEK CAN

It will just make small sites harder to get to, In theory.
Nothing really changes. if it does, we go back to BBS days like einchan.

Most sites are behind a CDN like cloudflare, so finding the actual IP is gonna be tough since thats the whole point of cloudflare in a way

We're gonna have to just wait and see

I am starting a VPN website soon though, im nearly done check it out ipfend.com/blog

The likelihood of what will happen is geo blocking rather than a total wiping of sites

So to have a VPN with a custom DNS you ill be a OK. Keep an eye on my site and make me rich, faggots. Cred Forums friendly vpn cant be a bad thing

It's been a privilege, gentlemen...

I tried doing that but got sent to 203.com. bizarre site, what did I do wrong?
I typed Http://104.16.67.203.org in the address bar, but no Cred Forums.

i think it's because Cred Forums uses cloudfare

Nothing is fucking happening

In the case that ICANN manages to get compromised, all they can do is take down top level domains (i.e. .com .net .org .us .uk .de)
The top level domains however have always had the power to censor you.

If the owner of .org wanted to remove Cred Forums, they would've done so long ago

All .NAME domains are top level domains ya sponge, thats what TLD means.

wtf dude did you just call him a sponge

It's likely nothing will happen tomorrow or even next month but over time the internet will be killed. It's too powerful not to be a target of destruction.

Who gives a fuck? Something threatens the internet as we know it 2-3 times a year for the past 4-6 years. They're going to keep trying until they succeed. It's fucking pointless. Sooner or later we're going to lose.

Good night, good luck

networking virgin here.
Tell me about VPN's, why does having a VPN with a custom DNS make you a ok?

So... Cruz can't stop it?

we're cruzin for a bruzin

That's a pretty stupid way to look at things, you're assuming a threat = destruction. People managed to defend the internet for years but it's 1 dirtbag giving it away and the politicians allowing it. Governments hate the internet because it prevents them from controlling the population.

It goes like this:
1. User enters "Cred Forums.org" into address bar
2. PC sends message to DNS assigned by ISP asking "who is Cred Forums.org?"
3. DNS server responds "Cred Forums is 123.456.789.0"
4. PC sends message to the IP address saying "Hello I would like to see your webpage"
5. Website server responds and you go from there.

What seems to be happening here is that first ammendment protection is being removed from this process which means when your pc asks "who is Cred Forums.org?" the DNS server will say "I don't know" and this is going to be controlled by the UN.

But wont they , the UN , have the power to censor and shut down easy access to sites that report news that goes against their interests?

Isn't the policing of freesprech the real issue here?

Why should people have to enter IPs instead of web addresses? Why should we have to find a way around when access should be an open door?

The Leaf to save the world

Christ that is thoroughly fucked up.

You would still be able to use IPv4 and IPv6 to access the site. If this is the case and start removing TLD form DNS it would create a "normienet" and the actual Internet like it was in the 90's

Build meshnet

Yes yes, this is big. I recommend we forget about the election, emailgate etc..
Focus on this.

Soon™

Gentlemen it has been a pleasure shitposting with you.

I look forward to meeting you all in person on the train ride.

Obama's reason for this is literally "Because America is too powerful"

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Fucking headache though

>tfw you will surf the Internet again
What a time to be alive.

Could they do something slightly subversive like

1. "What is Cred Forums.org"
2. DNS redirects to a tapped proxy to Cred Forums.org
3. UN Panel allows company to collect data on users

>Implying Cred Forums hasn't had FBI cock up its arse for years

Well, its over, they won guys, who knew a google president would be the one to ruin the internet.

tru

well if it all goes bad, it's been a wild ride, guys.

>UN Panel allows company to collect data on users
What is google analytics

You could just ping any address to get the IP then go from there. it doesn't work on Cred Forums because of (((cloudflare))).

youtube.com/watch?v=KweZQzKgIUM

Yes, they could send you to a fake website. Most servers collect user info anyway, your IP is your username on Cred Forums for example. Facebook tracks your mouse cursor even while in other tabs.

Does anyone actually know what the consequences of this transfer will be?

Some say that it's just a technical matter, others say it'll be the end of free speech.

Does anyone have any proof about what the consequences of the transfer will be?

and you think people are gonna roll over and accept it? the whole internet flung shit at sopa, they'll do the same if icann fucks up
remember, america will still control a significant proportion of the web. either nothing will change or things will be very briefly shit

>wtf dude did you just call him a sponge

I believe he did.

If you give something to a thief, he is no longer a thief.

you're not supposed to put ".org" after an IP address stupid

Nothing is going to happen christ you guys and your sensationalism. America is just giving up it's control of the internet. Not over to the UN but to ICANN. That doesn't mean we're going to get censored. It just means at worst they're going to try and block websites. That's it end of story.
It just might get harder to access your favorite websites.
Deal with it since there is nothing you can do about it.

No but the fact that it is possible is what the problem is you fucking leaf, the UN also mingles with feminists far more to much.