What does Cred Forums think about Mark Rothko and the current art scene?

What does Cred Forums think about Mark Rothko and the current art scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bHw4MMEnmpc
youtube.com/watch?v=5tMtV5p0s4E
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ4CeNu6Vr4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

(((Rothko)))

Think I should get into it, I could paint that shit

Art died years ago

If you've seen them and have any understanding of layering and hue, they're interesting.

That being said, Rothko hasn't been "current" for about 50 years.

then bring it back

Worth watching:

Roger Scruton: “Why Beauty Matters?

youtu.be/bHw4MMEnmpc

We did. It's called memes.

Rothko is pretty great, but it's hard to get it why until you see his paintings in person.

There were some interesting studies on how his works re-wired the viewer's brain to evoke very specific universal feelings, but I don't believe he's done his paintings this way consciously.

That being said, it they're teaching about it during art history lessons, that means it's not current.

Retarded.

Kanye tweeted after seeing a Rothko something along the lines of
>I get it! I get art now!
If only I could feel such an epiphany

Can't. Only people that care about art now just want something expensive to put on the wall and brag about at parties. Pseudo-intellectual, mental masturbating liberal cucks. Everyone is a tortured genius these days, a bunch of liberal arts snowflakes digging into the corners of their brains to summon some sense of purpose beyond the walls of their incompetence in generating anything of real value to society. There's a reason Elon Musk doesn't sit in a corner fingerpainting, desperately trying to be understood misunderstood.

That painting is pretty cool

Well you're not helping. Stop complaint about the whole world and actually do something.

Nah, I'd rather just read Atlas Shrugged all day and dream about the person I will be when Trump becomes president

>judging a painting from a shitty .jpg on a stupid computer monitor

lets listen to beethoven played on a kazoo too

Gake and Fay

B U L L S H I T
U
L
L
S
H
I
T

It shows the high level of retardation and neurosis we are surrounded by.

The Banishment of Beauty
youtube.com/watch?v=5tMtV5p0s4E

I love it. Prefer the more geometric side of minimalism though, like Elseworth Kelly.

They can only be appreciated if viewed IRL, and with a background understanding of abstract expressionism. One also ought to know that Rothko killed himself because "nobody got it"

Noone will remember this generation of "art". The nice thing about the future is that eventually people will see the truth of this crap

>They can only be appreciated if viewed IRL
>and with a background understanding of abstract expressionism.
[citation needed]

essential viewing

youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ4CeNu6Vr4

modern art = money laundering

It's a beer?

Read Culture Of Critique by Kevin MacDonald, he explains why art's shit.

Hint - it's the Jews.

Not really. Money laundering gets used for classical art as well.

Nah, modern art is seriously great.

Modern art is a for pompous retards with money who want to feel culturally superior to others without actually thinking or being culturally superior.

I like modern art. Artists just need to stop pretending they understand politics

I enjoy it. I like to observe all kinds of art. It kind of reminds me of paint swatches though! The right work presented during the right era... it was bold and interesting.