Why is there a demand for $125 white t shirts?

Why is there a demand for $125 white t shirts?

People with more money than sense.

its /fa/ user, dont you want to look good?

The same reason there are bottles of bourbon worth $1,000 a shot

If you have more money than you know what to do with, you will spend it on anything you can. This is why "reparations" is a fucking miserable idea, for whites or blacks because I can promise you the quality of their neighborhoods are not going to increase.

Brand is 90% of price because retards.

it's not JUST a white shirt, it's a POLO WHITE SHIRT AMAGAWD

Lel that shit's bargain bin compared to gucci. Visit their website and prepare to blow a blood vessel

I'm wondering how much is the black t shirt.

To match the iPhone

Because people think as cost increases quality increases

this is true to an extent, but there's a limit to how much "quality" can be put into a fucking plain white slub cotton pullover collared t-shit

At least that one has a collar

Lol it's not even RL though

Jesus fuck
A five dollar t-shirt is just as good.
Source: am wearing one right now

Because people who look like that don't understand why women won't talk to them.

Must be enchanted against dragons and giants.

No, they aren't. If you haven't worn a $100 t-shirt then don't chime in with your uneducated opinion, please.
t. owner of several £100+ t-shirts.

Where does it say that it is $125?

IT'S COMPLETELY FUCKING PLAIN.
There is absolutely no reason they should be charging any more than £10/$10 for that.
Even that's a push.

>t-shirt
the name is inside the fucking circle you drew you moron

Youve never worn a $125 white tshirt though. How do you know yours is just as good?

Would you assume a McDonalds burger is as good as a $100 gourmet burget

FPBP

Shut up, faggot. I own both $100 shirts and regular walmart brand. They're nearly the same. Don't fall for this expensive meme clothing.

Most $100 shirts are better. Burberry on the other hand...

>A collar makes a shirt worth $120 more
Kill yourself

that's not a t-shirt you nigger

same reason there is a market for gold plated toilets and jersey shore.

dumb people with money to burn

>buy $280 Rick Owens tee on flash sale for $70
>wear it for two years, sell it for $100 on ebay/grailed

I've spent roughly 3k on my wardrobe over the past 4 years, and it's would have cost ~9k had I paid retail for anything. Just don't ever settle for less than a 60% discount.

also this

>nerds on this boards aren't wearing full rick

Loving
Every
Laugh

Literally nothing to do with politics, enjoy your vacation.

Good material, good cut by themselves could get to 30-40-50$.

It's probably not mass-produced/hand-made, which pushes it up to 80-100$.

The rest is branding.

Where else is Barron Trump gonna get his shirts?

I never even mentioned the price you stupid faggot.
I honest to God want you to go out, buy a gun and fucking kill yourself.

If you think the pic in the OP is a t-shirt you deserve to get lynched.

Brand being 90% of price is fine with me, but there's not even any indication of a brand here. The reason brand clothing costs more is because you're showing off "I can afford this" or "I like this brand" even - you're doing neither with this, it looks like a walmart polo they sell in packs of 3 for $5. There needs to at least be a small logo or printed brand name.

Pic related is like the 5th thing that showed up when I searched rick Owens. Congrats you're a huge faggot

Some people just don't understand the comfyness of good clothes.

Are you retarded

It was this shirt

I like tricky ricky because he's a massive fucking degenerate, but also said in an interview that his dad is ultraconservative yet really nice and he still loves him. So despite being pretty balls-out lefty, he's 100 times more accepting of opposing political beliefs than an average Berkley student.

when you make 5k a week, or have parents that make that much money, you're not going to shop at walmart. You rather pay a lot more money to know with certainty that the product is the best quality. Everybody believes that the higher price, the higher quality

that's not even a lot of money for a polo, and how many polos are you going to buy, anyway? 5?

>500 dollars for 5 shirts
I bought 5 shirts last week during dollar day at my local thrift store

based Rick

You paid $70 for a see through t shirt that doesn't fit right. There's a tailor somewhere weeping for you

>shirt made to look like garbage on purpose
what did he mean by this?

it's all relative to wealth. Would you still buy them if you made 500k a year? I wouldn't, unless I wanted something for a vintage fit. Im sure most people wouldn't, either. Im sure everybody in this thread would gladly buy clothes that expensive if they had infinite money. They may not want to admit it, but they would

somebody x-ray this shit gawdawmn.

so hard right now

Rick is pretty humble and has a laid-back attitude.

>T-shirt
>says right there it's a fucking polo

Ignorant and stupid. Nice slide thread.

hipster

thats not a t shirt

Post recent cops and fits

Yeah sure man, 5 dollars spent and an old HP laptop for 30 bucks. It's got a 2520m.

I make more than that a week and I wouldn't pay that for a t-shirt.

This overpriced shit isn't for rich people; it's for those who aspire to be rich and who think their hilarious conspicuous consumption will lead people to think the former of them.

You don't make 1.5 million a year

I should have chosen charlatan as my career path

>Rick Owens

>tfw Dad makes 500k per annum
>whole family looks cheap as fuck because stingy
believe me these clothes are not better (quality wise) because they are more expensive.

5k a week isn't 1.5 mil a year.

They have tricked people into believing that if you don't buy the brands you won't be attractive to women. You'll pay that $125 or you'll never get laid op.

this
it's wealth signaling that is only needed if you interact with the middle classes much
the most brand obsessed people are usually upper middle class

Buy my cotton t-shirts for $500 goyim, and don't forget to buy these sneakers for $1000. All the big niggers like Kanye West are wearing them.

>bitching about idiots being idiots
shhhh!
consumerism is good for everyone who isn't an idiot. learn to take advantage of it.

but i actually aspire to be upper middle class...

not that polo is a good brand.

It's the way the clothing is cut. All white polo shirts aren't cut the same way.
This is why you have multiple clothing companies selling the same color shirts, because each brand fits a little differently.

This company charges $125 because they know that this is what their customers are willing to pay for this kind of style.

I don't care about buying second-hand stuff but clothes? I'd feel weird wearing strangers used clothes