College

Is going to college a mistake? I've never seen anyone here saying otherwise. Why do you guys don't recommend it? Under what circumstances would you go to college? Is there another way of becoming successful in life?

I've been really confused about all this, its like there is no path to follow now that I finished high school. Other people like my girlfriend have a visible path, she for example, earns money by drawing. But for people like me that don't have too much talent, we don't really know what we want to do after high school.

Also I don't want to live as a NEET, I want to have a family...

Honestly sometimes I believe engineering is a meme. What the fuck does a piece of paper qualify me for anyway?

Yea I can do math but any shit head can plug in numbers from a datasheet into an equation.

Just feels kind of superficial.

Just do what you are passionaite aboute, ignore autists on Cred Forums who are negative trash depressed losers.

If you want to go to college do it, if you aren't interested in it then don't do it.

just get a trade lad. plumbing, electrician, mechanic etc etc. you don't need college for that.

that's not what engineering is about m8

Then what does the job entail?, to be frank I dont really know (im about to be a 3rd year uni student)

I just assume project management and maybe some design on cad software, punching in numbers... I have a vague impression of my future career

> earns money by drawing
I'm sure the amount of money is very very little not even enough to live on
dont fucking fool yourself, i know 3 women who went to college for arts, and they all make very little money because most art is worthless, most of them make less then minimum wage, because there are artist in 3rd word counties who will work for nothing.
college is a joke if you don't know what you want to accomplish

I know plenty of people making 80k+ a year without a college degree, some are sales men, some are union workers.
If you are good at sales you can make a killing, and there are plenty of places to work as a sales man.
Once you have a few year sales experience you are golden and I'm not talking about working at bestbuy or homedepo.

Unless STEM degree, don't bother.

Learn a trade instead.

If you have absolutely no idea what to do, consider working while taking a handful of community college courses. Gives you a chance to test the waters of higher academia and earn some college credit without drowning yourself in debt for no reason.

1. It's a racketeering scheme.
2. You literally don't learn very much.
3. It's expensive.
4. The degree has low value and that value is only getting lower.

I have a business degree and got all my connections and valuable experience through being in a fraternity. had a great college experience man and if you're too poor to go, kys

This.

I graduated in 2014 w/ a graphic design degree. You basically enter a field w/ pretentious cunts that make a $1.00 more than minimum wage. Also, everyone is talentless.

I'm now studying at a classical atelier. I'll never be rich, but hey - at least I'll be good at drawing/painting. That's all that really matters in the end anyway.

The demand and pay for skilled tradesmen are increasing every year.
“Skilled trade workers are very difficult to find and are driving up wages,”

While College degree pay are decreasing
" Wages For College Grads Are Now Lower Than They Were 15 Years Ago "

>classical atelier
what is this?

>Under what circumstances would you go to college

if you

a) can go for free/almost free (like 5k or less a year) through either grants or tuition wavers or scholarships or whatever
b) you get a degree that is actually employable

-some stem degrees are trash dont listen to the mouthbreathers here. 4 year degrees in natural sciences mean working as someones underpaid menial bitch for decades to come, technology degrees are pretty much the same. some engineering fields are going to be massively oversaturated here soon but they all still pay pretty good (for now). a pure math degree pays well but only if you can find one of the few jobs for them.
-business will likely land you a middle management job at some company, which isnt the worst, but you should pair the degree with one related to the industry you want to work in.
-medical is long and expensive but when was the last time you met a destitute doctor or even a nurse.
-accounting is good
-lawyers arent going anywhere
-some languages are good but you can learn those on your own

worst of the worst would be fine arts, philosophy, ['minority' culture] studies; just kill yourself if you consider one of these

What trade would you reccomend?

College is fine but don't go in 'looking to find yourself' unless you are rich.

Go to a community / jr. college first, figure out your major and career, then transfer to University for 2 years and get the fuck out.

What about Web Design?

I hope the price situation gets dealt with at some point as CC in my area is $20k for two years (and even more if you need remedials).

I'm already in my 30s and without a GED so it's pretty much fruitless to start from the absolute bottom and expect to get anywhere without facing my fair share of age bias/discrimination.

Maybe I'll try next life when things may be a little better when the DoE is dismantledoing and I actually know what I want to do for a career in my teens.

I've never met anyone who graduated college who regrets it.

You'll never in any other point of your life be surrounded by so many horny single girls. Never.

The coolest friends you meet in your life will be the ones you meet in college.

You get to experiment with drugs and other shit without any real repercussions.

And unless you get a shit degree, you end up making more money for the rest of your life.

Literally just don't get a shit degree and college is fucking awesome. It's not the SJW-fest right-wing media makes it out to be.

This. Or join the marines and go after. If I could go back, I would do one of these two things. Also, pick a money making major. Hobbies are for fun. Work and school are for money.

It isn't that easy. The reason that employers value engineering is that it proves the degree holder has been able to master challenging, science and math oriented course materials. For instance, a guy with an engineering degree from MIT could pick up whatever you threw at him in record time. Although you might not use everything you learned in engineering...you can learn ANYTHING else. We know that liberal arts is just an area where those with sub standard intelligence can get degrees, and feel smart for having done so. But, no one is fooled. They went into liberal arts because math was too hard. Flame away, dumbfucks, I don't give a shit what you dumbfucks say.

only go if you want to do hard science, be a med doctor, something like that.

Everything else is a waste of time and money, just start working and get experience.

Social science and economics is propaganda.

Consider going to a VoTech.

Allahu Akbar!
The U.S. must take Monroe Doctrine now.
The U.S. must withdraw American Forces from all Foreign Countries now.
Stop America's doing its all wars now!

I love American99% and the U.S.

China, Germany and Japan must loosen Germany's, Japan's and China's monetary policies now!
China, Germany and Japan must stimulate Germany's, Japan's and China's domestic demands now!
Japan and Germany must issue a lot of construction bond now!
Japan and Germany must reduce Germany's, Japan's and China's taxes now!
The U.S. must tighten its monetary policy now!

Japan, Germany and China are evil empires.
Islamists' true enemies are Japan, Germany, China, FRB, top1%, Wall Street, American Military Industry and DOD!
Allahu Akbar!

I regret college.

Yeah I partied, took drugs blah blah. But it was a waste of time and money. I should have been getting on in life, building myself up, instead I was just hanging out.

Here's something to think about, user. If you want to become more well off, go to college. Trade schools are fine, and you can avoid the degeneracy of college, but you'll be putting yourself out of a potential market if you stay in trades.

The reason why you guys stay away from college is the 1 reason you should be going to college; college's disdain for white men. University officials and academics want to make campuses unbearable for white people, so you guys check out and take up trades instead. This keeps you out of a potential market, and potentially getting into positions of power where you can have more say/sway. If you don't care about income/power, then stay away from college/university. If you want to have some real say and some real power to make things in your country better for you/ your people, then you need to go to college. You need to go to college, get educated, go out to your city council, get involved in local politics, work for somebody whilst you follow your own ambition of having a real impact through having connections made in college and then start a small business that has that real impact. That's what people with right wing ideals need to strive for, put you guys would rather check out than just put in the work for 4-6 years because of the sjw/anti-white degeneracy of campuses.

You will be annoyed for 4-6 years of your life, but those 4-6 years have such a big impact on the rest of it that it's incredibly myopic to check out completely and go into a trade if you demonstrate at least a bit of competency and are intelligent.

Remember tho; if you don't really care about future income/larger, long term goal seeking/power and sway, stay away from college and go into a trade.

>Also I don't want to live as a NEET, I want to have a family...

You are most definitely going to live as a NEET.

something heavy commercial or industrial or civil otherwise you'll be working till you're 70 even though your body quit at 50

so like boilermakers, elevator installers (lol good luck getting a job), heavy equipment operators (and not just little excavators), structural ironworkers, pipefitters, maybe electrician/plumber/hvac if you can stay away from little shit.

unless you're extremely good at some other trade, then you can move to a large city and probably find yourself a decent job as a top 1% carpenter, tile, whatever. but you gotta be really really good.

also, prepare for job searches anytime the economy takes a dip, because building things is like the first expense to get cut in a downturn (though staying away from residential and other piddly crap lessens the effect)

bollocks.

If you want to have influence be the head of industry. Most of the big tech guys dropped out of college.

Economics isn't too bad. They have one of the highest median middle career wages at around 100k on average (in USA) depending on what you do. They also start out making a lot comparatively (more than statistics and mathematics). Most of the work deals with partial derivatives and optimization, as well as game theory and firm decisions, but it depends on whether you focus on micro or macroeconomics. Macro is definitely poproganda and propably useless.
> t. Majoring in economics

It's a non-accredited school; 4-year intense study under professional fine artists. It's how artists of the past became proficient.

Like i said, i'll probably be left penniless - but i'll be happy.

I'm talking business, not just stem. You don't have to go into law or something to find a seat on city council. But those connections you make in school are invaluable. You don't need to be a head of anything big to find power. But you should still go to college to learn asset management so that you don't get fucked in the market. Most small businesses get fucked in the first three years of its existence because they can't read a market/have poor financial management/asset retention skills. But also market reading without a crew of analysts is incredibly difficult, anyway. But showing a competency can get you really fucking far.

people don't just choose to be heads of industry

it involves a lot of luck, being in the right place at the right time, taking the correct risk, and it all working out. being wealthy to begin with really helps.

if you're entire life goal is to be a head of industry i have bad news for you. for every head of industry there's 10,000 who thought they would be but gambled wrong

Go to a college that means something. I'm at Embry Riddle which is almost exclusively for aviation and aviation engineering. I want to change the world. There's more focus here than I've seen in any state school, and I'm in a trade program

Finance major here.

College is not some gateway to success, no. It's merely one of many paths towards a goal. Some of the richest people on the planet never stepped in a college except to accept some faux award for being great.

The truth is simple. If you're one of the people who can create a fortune--if you're smart enough, clever enough, intelligent and motivated--you can strike it richer than any college student. Perhaps.

But if you're a normal person who's not anymore ambitiously intelligent and devious than the average joe, consider getting a college degree. It'll -help- open a door to a career that may make you a lot of money in your lifetime--in lieu of starting your own business and knowing what you're doing.

That's about it. 4 years of education for a piece of paper that says you sat through 4 years of god-knows-what, so MAYBE you might make a good employee.

for economics it honestly depends where you go.

t. cousin went to an ivy league for econ

working in wall street right out of college, will probably be the first millionaire ever in my families history

Step 1: Find a job you want
Step 2 : Lie about graduating from a college.
Step 3: Job looks into your back around or they don't.
Step 4: Get hired because they don't or apply to next job.

Follow this process and skip college you would be surprised how well it works and you don't have to waste your money or time.

Go to vocational or trade school. Honestly, if you have skills, you can work your way up in most firms.

Unless, of course, we're talking STEM shit. Most of that you do need a degree for.

I completely agree! The more a school emphasizes math, statistics, and real world business the better, but going to an Ivy also means your cousin is fucking smart (or a minority reeee), so he definitely would be successful no matter his major (sans gender studies).

>Under what circumstances would you go to college?
4 Year College: STEM only
2 Year/Community College/The Internet: Anything else

Don't saddle yourself with debt for a worthless (non-STEM) degree. Do it online or some community college otherwise.

Only reason I am going is because my dream since forever has been being an atmospheric scientist, and you cant home teach that shit. Otherwise I would learn a trade and be set for life.

Go to college user. Don't listen to these fucking retards who couldn't even finish high school. They think they're too smart for school and that going to college is pointless. Anything can happen, bad or good. But having a degree in something meaningful can get you money and places. Don't major in history or something stupid. Major in something you like but will also make you money. A degree is the best thing you can do for yourself, unless of course you start your own business. But even then it wouldn't hurt to take a few business classes at a college to understand what you're doing.

go to college if you have a career in mind. don't go there expecting to "find yourself". Think hard about who you are before you get yourself into debt for something you may not sincerely give a fuck about. Don't go to college to have a nice resume. Go to college because there is something you want to do that requires college.

Don't go if you "just want to make money", you're better of just starting to work with no debt.

It's BS - but necessary like a HS diploma 20 years ago

Experience AND education matters.
If you have education and no experience, no one wants you.
If you have experience but no education you'll miss out on bonus pay and promotions.

me too kiwi bro.

Physics major here. Everyone not in science and engineering is an idiot.

It's only a mistake if you don't take it seriously. Too many people think a degree is a participation trophy when in reality it's a tool to market yourself.

jesus christ, and we live in the same country.
are you a nigger by any chance?

Not all colleges are seen as equal by employers. Big names tend to be more important.

If you live in a specific area, some employers will have graduated from the local college and they will be more willing to hire someone who also graduated from there.

As others have already pointed out, community college followed by a transfer to a four year institution is your best bet.

I would also recommend that you have a part time job to build experience and business contacts while you pursue an education.

Sales baby. Ever wonder how the dumb people propagate? Sales. Ever wonder how they sell so many RVs to dumb rich people? Sales. Ever wonder what kind of jobs retarded white Masons give each other after a temple handjob? Sales. No degree required to start, if you have a pulse you can make 80k no problem right out of the gate. Then make your dumb sales manager put you through college on company time to groom you for promotion.

You can't be a closet case though...

There's nothing in the short span of 4 years you would have accomplished that would have gotten you further in life. Seriously besides idiots on the Internet full of shit you're not going to find successful self made 22 year olds that are better off skippinguard out on school.

Damn, I know this feeling all too well.
I work at a Kroger store but I"m in my early 20's.

Been working there for 5 years I don't want to take the CC plunge but I figure I may as well, if things go to shit I can always just commit suicide.

Studying STEM is always good, unless you decide to study computer science in America. Economy can be good also, everything else is a waste of time and money.
If you can get work in a factory or something equally good then STEM might be a waste of time also, unless you're talented.

>Is going to college a mistake?
It depends what you end up majoring in. Just because you have a degree in *something* doesn't automatically make you more valuable to employers. It depends what that *something* is. Not all degrees are made equal.

Where's that image of Pepe being taught in school?

Going to college was a mistake for me because I went to a huge party school and got this crazy idea in my head that I could become a normie. Got all wrapped up in myopic cliquey popularity contest bullshit and had a very serious depressive episode when I realized I'll always be beta sperg. To cut the blog post short: college can be great if you go to a good school like mine that boosts your career prospects. You just need to remember why you're in school in the first place and not get sidetracked doing stupid shit.

Also don't major in dumb shit unless you either know you can get a job with it or you're already rich and can afford it. And don't be afraid to ask for financial aid. Student debt is retarded.

>This. Or join the marines and go after.

Former Navyfag here,

Don't join the Marines unless you honestly care about patriotism and/or what other people think of you. They may work out the most and have the best image, but the reality of being in the Corps is that you're treated even more like dog shit than the other branches, and your chances of getting promoted (and therefore make more money and take less shit) are slim.

My buddy and I both joined the service after high school. I went Navy he went Marines. I got out as a highly employable E5 with 30 grand in savings and a paid off car. He got out as an E3, with almost no money, a truck he still owes on, and the best he could do for a job was essentially day laboring construction.

>but i'll be happy.

You'll be happy no matter what because your parents are fucking loaded.

Don't go to university if you aren't interested in something specialised or something academic.
The reason is simple - you don't need university for anything else.

You can go and get a degree if you want but all that you'll get out of it is debt. Again, unless you actually want to do something specialised eg. medicine, civil engineering or academic.

it's actually not that much money. I worked in a call center for 2 years and i was able to save up enough for 3 years.

Idk what i'll do once I run out of $$ but all well.