Be democrat-leaning when growing up

>be democrat-leaning when growing up
>make good grades in school
>pay for university through scholarship, part time work, and a bit of help from family
>land a job making 50K
>work a minimum of 40 hours, not including commute and days I spend late to finish things
>get absolutely reamed in taxes, work
>have to budget extremely frugally if I want to move out of my mom's house in my 20s and buy a used car (probably a third-rate honda or toyota)

Is the american dream a lie?
when will we cut out bullshit welfare and entitlement programs?

Welfare is here to stay in US + Canada until our societies collapse and we start again.

I'm right there with you m8,

>23
>13/hr
>40 hour work week
>pay $500/month
>can't even think about saving for a car or going to school

fuck me

You waiting for a better future is cancer. Convince people today, or the world will lose all entertainment value.

entitlement programs aren’t so bad in Murica. look at the budget composition, its mainly shit like Obamacare etc thats really keeping your taxes high.

Fucking company tax rates are 35% in America, that is legitimately crazy, no wonder businesses don’t hire and when they do you get paid shit.

are you me lmao

I pay 500 a month (400 rent+100 student loans)
I work as a burger flipper and average 20-30 hrs a week and I can hold that down and have enough to eat check to check.

at 13 an hour with 40 a week I cant imagine what eats up all that extra cash. I'm no car owner though so the costs associated are unknown to me.

I pay just under $1k in taxes every pay period, and the roads still sucks and mawfuckas takin their sweet ass time coming around to replace my dumpster.

Really is a dream.

Get your ass off Cred Forums and go work harder OP, there's millions of single mothers out there who depend on you.

>those crudely chopped tomatoes
Confirmed for whore attempted to be turned into a housewife.
Nice ass, though.

mary a hottie, with a good job.......

not a bad life

send more NEETbux, bitch. Basic Income or your life, wage slave.

Why would you go through the trouble of paying for university and majoring in something that would have a starting salary of only $50,000?

Technically those aren't chopped, but yea, she certainly butchered a couple of them. If I had to guess they're going to be stuffed tomatoes.

>Reamed by taxes when making just 50k
Fix your dependents in your W2 you mongoloid

>Complaining about 50k with zero living expenses
lol

Insurance. Taxes.

This is happening in nearly all western nations. You have to be either unemployed poor or very rich. Otherwise you get shafted, working like a fuck to get no where.

A lot of guys I know try their very best to remain neets, and you know what? I dont blame them. Because if they try to move up in the world they just end up being only marginally better off with money and having to work 40 hours. Who wants that when you have work related expenses and travel time when instead you can easily make do with a bit less money and have all the time in the world? Added bonus of: No boss. No shitty co-workers. No work stress.

Now if getting a job and putting up with the shit that comes with working was actually worth it, then I am sure many more neets would take it up.

But the problem is you have got all these fucking parasites in society spitting out babies and getting paid for it. The unemployed guys I know are basically like "well, cant beat them, so may as well join them"

because payroll taxes are insane. They tax you 15% and it tops out at 115k. Meaning that a company gets taxed at a higher rate for paying low earning employees than it does for giving another $5 million to their CEO.

Guys, most of are young, in our late teens or twenties. Once you have 5-10 years of working experience in your profession, you will start making more money. There's no grand mystery.

Stop being a millennial gibsmedat and just keep working, keep adding to your skills and don't change professions every two years, causing you to start over again and again.

>millennial gibsmedat

im not asking for a higher salary. I love my company.

I'm wondering why anyone defends these shit social programs that dont seem to be improving anyone's life.

government taking my money for literally no reason

50K is fuck all, its what your average pissant slave makes. Of course your not happy at that salary, what did you expect? Get a better job, or move to a cheaper area

Kek

You do know that wages have been stagnant for the last 35 years right?

Yeah if those are supposed to be tomatoes they
look fucked up. Ruins the whole image. Thanks a lot OP.

Wages for individuals haven't been stagnant, median wages of the entire society has been stagnant. That doesn't mean individuals aren't getting richer over their lifetimes.

>15/16
>Left-leaning liberal type
>"No wars! No guns!" type of faggot
>Parents throw me out because they can't handle how much of a fucking queer I am
>Have to get a job in the niggest part of niggerville
>Nigaaneequa and her pack of 20+ monkeys always coming in screeching about some bullshit
>Dayshawntrel and Markkkkqqqus always trying to pick fights over nothing
>Hubcaps got stolen on my first day
>Get shitty apartment surrounded by niggers
>Gunshots and [muffled rap music] every fucking night
>Can't get more than $70 a month in food stamps because white privilege while Shaneequanaynay gets $500000000, a house, college, a car, free money for nothing, etc
>Can't get more than the bare minimum for college help
>I'm now 25
>Busted my ass, saved, got a better job, and got the fuck away
>Small house in the country, small armory of guns in my den, always CC a pistol, can't fucking stand niggers one bit
>mfw finishing up my bio degree to go to med school and I want to curb stomp all these wide-eyed rainbow hair colored faggots crying for diversity from their gilded towers

The red pill is always the hardest to swallow, and for most people it's a suppository. I learned the hard way, and so will they.

>Make 120k a year
>Pay almost 30% in taxes
>When filing get to claim mortgage and student loan interest, charitable deductions, etc.
>Effective tax rate becomes 14%, get half the tax money back

Millennials, everyone

>Has to budget for $38,687.67p/a after all tax deductions.
Wow you really are fucked. Learn not to give in to every desire ever and start putting your few IQ points into what is cost effective.

>The red pill is always the hardest to swallow, and for most people it's a suppository.

I'm not waiting for something that I don't believe is coming. I talk to people about politics and I think I've swayed a few, but despite that I still expect things to be shittier in 40 years than it is today. Right now I'm working on my education and paying off my debts so I can make twice as much as OP and not be dependent on socialized services that will fall apart.

People will never cut welfare, everyone thinks there should be a temporary social net for the times you are in trouble. Which is fine, I don't like the idea of starving to death if enough shit goes sideways in my life.

And we'll never line the fucks that abuse it, especially generationally, up against the wall since that's literally Hitler. And nothing else will stop them.

We're pretty much stuck with it.

>How many layers of fucked up by the government you are
>5, maybe 6
>Ha, you are just like a little baby. Watch this:

>Once you have 5-10 years of working experience in your profession, you will start making more money.

Can confirm.

Once an employer sees that you are not flaky they give you more responsibility. That's when the raises come.

I'm actually not very promotion motivated and have turned down several jobs that could have paid incrementally more. I'm 36. Only have bachelor's. 115k annual salary. 10 years in the same industry. 10 years ago I made 55k.
I just kicked ass at each task, and they kept giving me raises and promotions.

Another bit of advice: nothing irritates a Gen x dude more than hearing kids straight out of college complaining about ANYTHING. Just show up on time and listen. Learn as much as you can. Master every bit of software you touch. Memorize every regulation or requirement you face. If you see an inefficiency, verify your solution, then present it.

Anyway, tldr: people are testing you. If you slack off, they'll know. They won't fire you. They will just never promote you.

you're a lil bitch. it sounds like you'll end up in the welfare you supposedly hate.

>5-10 years

Clearly not in Tech industry. If you're not in a second job by the second year, you might as well be burning money.

27, making 110k a year.

cant handle real freedom?

depends on the company. I stayed for 7 years at the same place and eventually left making double what I started with (~140)

Depends on where you are more to be honest. I'm in the Bay Area, and jobs are so plentiful that people typically hop every couple years for more money/a promotion.

There are very few people who are at one company for longer than 5 years.

>Wow you really are fucked. Learn not to give in to every desire ever and start putting your few IQ points into what is cost effective.

do you really think living off of 38.8k for 12 months is enjoyable?

once again, i ask not for higher salary, but for fucking less government in my wallet

Baby boomers used to be able to buy a house on a waiter job

You fucking idiot! Stop regurgitating the shit you hear from Fox news and at your blue collar cuck job from your coworkers. The fucking defense budget is astronomical! We some forms of military presence in almost every country in the world! The pentagon cannot account for $9 trillion!!!!!!! $9 trillion!!!! Where did it go?!!! How do you lose that much money?!!!!!!!! Not to mention the bailouts to wall street to the tune of $12 trillion!!!!! My friend, you are sorly mistaken if you think getting rid of welfare and entitlement programs is gong to fix your tax debacle.

He's christfag as fuck, but dude...you seriously need Dave Ramsey in your life...He's brutal about money...which I needed

This

>mfw when I pay 1375 a month
get the fuck over it faggot

taxes and insurance are just a figurative dildo that gets wedged farther and farther up your ass the harder you try to escape it.

i lose like 450 dollars a month to taxes and have to pay for gas and insurance and food etc luckily i dont have any student loans or i would just be surviving and not really making any money

Seriously...you let the government borrow money from you...for free! Enjoy that refund

Haha this. Git gud faggot.

>Is the american dream a lie?
Of course it is. The babyboomers acted so edgy in college. Then 10 years later started the yuppie movement where the got divorced bought a volvo told their kids that their happiness was more important than raising their children and consumed every resource like no other generation did before or any generation will be able to do again. One spoiled generation ruined the world.

>enjoyable
What beyond a small house/rent ($12,000p/a), a modest car ($4000p/a factoring in initial cost), utilities and food do you need ($10,000p/a if you're a fat fancy fuck who is using a suspicious amount of electricity)? A computer every couple of years? $600p/a. A load of bullshit games? ($500p/a)

You've got another $11,000 to explain. Can you?

We won't because wealth redistribution is how the powerful stay in power.

i have two exemptions claimed

i have no kids or spouse so i get the 1 credit for a job and the second credit for my only job

how many exemptions should i be claiming?

>The red pill is always the hardest to swallow, and for most people it's a suppository.
well, I'm stealing that

gotta get those numbers up, those are rookie numbers

Honestly, man. How? I'm a poorfag making $17,000 a year currently (almost finished with college, had to take a few semesters off to work more and save.) I bought a mid 90s Honda and pay all my bills and still have some spending money when I budget.

Cry me a fucking river, OP. I make $40K (that's ten grand less than you, if you can do the math), live in downtown Seattle (expensive if you're not a techbro pulling down boffo bucks), yet I STILL manage to set aside at least $500 a month in savings. Since moving here several years ago with nothing in my pocket, I now have close to $25,000 in savings and am debt-free. True, I've been fortunate to have been steadily employed all that time, but if you're unemployed for long in Seattle, you're doing something wrong.

And $25K in savings might not sound like much to some, but I've still got plenty of years left before retirement to build up a larger nest egg. And, guess what? I'm not gonna throw it all away on some $500K McHouse in a bland suburb...I'll buy a modest, cheap cabin in cash where land and property taxes are dirt cheap (like northern Michigan, among others) and will have plenty to keep me warm, fed, and clothed with barely any overhead.

The moral of the story: if you're making $50K a year and you're broke, you're doing something horribly wrong.

Because he's a retard and you aren't. Good to hear you're getting on well on that wage; you'll do well in life if you keep that up.

i want to live well.

I want to wear wool suits to work; wool made to measure, not fucking polyester trash. i want to wear prada loafers and allen edmonds shoes and own some nice watches and a nice car and take women out to nice dinners and buy rounds of drinks for my friends.

i grew up in modest means, now that i finally get my own check and worked my way up to a good job, i cant even enjoy all of it.

you keep using the words : "modest"

i could get a much more than a "modest" car or bachelor pad if i didnt pay fucking 12 thousand dollars to an amorphous entity that's more than 10 trillion in debt

this government is cancer and you boot lickers need to go

OP, what is the source of pic?

am I the only guy who grew up poor and thinks 50k a year out of college is decent?

>I bought a mid 90s Honda and pay all my bills and still have some spending money when I budget.

im done with college, no debt and i drive an early 00s chevy beater

im not insolvent or anything.

i just find it infuriating the government is helping itself to twelve thousand dollars.

I work a 40 hour week and I'm right on the cusp of the next tax bracket. If I work overtime I move up into the next tax bracket and get raped by the government. So I simply do not work overtime. Progressive tax rates only work to shaft the middle class.

waaaaah, i think i'm worth so much more than i am

WHY AREN'T THINGS CHEAPER

I KNOW I'LL JUST USE CREDIT TO GET THESE THINGS

pathetic

Lesson 1) Always update your resume.
Every detail of everything you do. Record it. Tailor the copy you send a company to that company.
Lesson 2) Loyalty is dead.
Nobody stays at a company long enough to retire, not that the company will actually give you a pension if you did. Employment today is an ongoing negotiation. Mostly that means negotiating with other employers to pay you more for the skills you've acquired from their competitors.
Lesson 3) You're not going to get to retire.
Unless you start now and do it yourself, you're going to have to work at Walmart, until you die.
Lesson 4) Use every loophole.
Risk the audits and the penalties...you live in a bureaucracy that rewards people who push the limits, not those that follow the rules.

no, you're not
OP is just a fag

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with taxes being as they are, nor do I agree with how they are spent. And you can blow $5000 on bullshit designer gear and you still have $6000 to explain. You can do that every year of your life on that wage.

The bigger issue is that I don't believe you should be allowed to exist.

>I make $40K (that's ten grand less than you, if you can do the math)

being this condescending....
of course i cna do the math you lumberjack i make more than you do.

im not broke, but 12k is not fair.

progressive tax rate = crabs in a bucket

What in the fuck did she do to those tomatoes

it's not that allen edmonds need to be cheaper

its that the fucking government takes $12k and gives it to people that have kids and cant make ends meet because theyre incompetent

its ufcking bullshit

>Risk the audits and the penalties...you live in a bureaucracy that rewards people who push the limits, not those that follow the rules.

ngl you sound pretty cool

thansk for the tips m8

>wanting to live well should not be allowed to exist

Im an American nigger and I love EBT, it's the only thing that keeps me and my 8 illigimate kids alive, subsisting off frozen dinners and 2 liters, also fuck whitey

Every working man pays taxes. Always have, always will. What makes you think you're so special that you don't have to?

Food stamps are a good idea, but that shit needs to be monitored. No buying booze or any of that shit. I pay into income protection through my union so if I get retrenched or injured at work I'm covered for a year, plus I've got a redundancy fund. If you're smart you can set yourself up to never have to rely on benefits.

shieeeeet

Most Burger Bros would die by their own hands if they had to survive in a job in almost any other country.

IKR...waaaahhh!!! I want to have all the same shit as the guy in his 50's who has worked for a few decades...

>I want to live well

Dumbest fucking logic ever. You get to live well by not being stupid enough to pay the fucking usury rates on money you borrow from Jew bastards...FYI, everyone who sees this cunt in his full length wool suits probably thinks he looks ridiculous, or like a pretentious twat...

progressive tax rate broken

flat tax rate would be fair

Shut the fuck up babby. 3k per month after taxes is fucking great by any standard outside of high cost of living areas. I've lived like a fucking king in four different states across the Midwest with necessary living expenses budgets ranging from 1.5k to 2.4k. If you think you're too good to live in Minnesota or Michigan you're an entitled millenial pussy

>when will we cut out bullshit welfare and entitlement programs?
and this is why poor people are poor. You're terrible with money. Have you even looked at the federal budget?

This isn't the 1970s and Jimmy Carter isn't in office. Honestly, did you people all learn politics by listening to your alzheimers-ridden grandfathers bitch and whine in between Jeopardy questions? Or are you just geriatrics yourselves. Welfare spending on the unemployed started getting cut back in the 1980s and it's been pared to the bone ever since the 1990s (welfare spending on the elderly is a slightly different matter, but I won't go into that here).

Unless you live in a hard-blue state that has a lot of state-level welfare programs, it's safe to say that only a tiny fraction of your tax bill is being spent on the long-term unemployed. And if you do live in one of those states then it's your own damn fault for living there and you have nothing to whine about.

Do you know the actual reason your taxes are high and you get shit in return? Because for the last couple of decades corporations and the wealthy have been shifting the tax burden off of themselves and onto you.

>Fucking company tax rates are 35% in America
which would be relevant if they ever actually paid that. Which they don't.

>The red pill is always the hardest to swallow, and for most people it's a suppository

sadly this is true

I pay alot more in taxes than you do but your a fucking baby. I live very comfortably on

Disregard my last post, I see that you're a nigger who wants material shit

>24 years old
>live and work in Orlando, Florida
>work 64 hours a week with one full time job and one part time job
>work 6 days a week, two 16 hour days and 4 8 hour days
>make $80k a year before taxes
>taxed pretty heavy federally but Florida has no state income tax
>always hit my company match for my 401K
>deposit $1000 a month into my own investment account
>Rent = $1000 a month
>Food = fluctuates between $350-450 a month
>Entertainment = $175 a month (includes weightlifting gym, rock climbing gym, Netflix, and misc forms of entertainment)
>insurance and other
>don't buy clothes often and have very few other expenses
>feel like I'm putting away a lot of money

I could very easily live the rest of my life like this. I enjoy my jobs because of the people and because it's not a shitty desk job. I love going to the rock climbing gym at night after work.

People today complain so much about being "tired". In my experience, there is a difference between mentally being tired and physically being tired. You gotta separate that kind of tiredness. I go to bed every night both mentally and physically tired. I sleep like a fucking baby because of this and the cycle goes on.

I grew up in a household taking in $150k a year and I believe $50k out of undergrad is decent. It however is not decent if you don't go higher than $75K by the time you're getting the the peak of your career earnings.

Student loans plus burger flipper? What the hell happened?

I'm a HS dropout and I make $23 an hour

What do you do?

>25
>11 / hour at job I work at for fun
>pay nothing in rent or mortgage, own two story lake house
>50,000 dollar car
>born into wealthy family and don't have to actually work

It's the American dream, I guess.

Cringe

Are you complaining about making 50k a year and you still live with mommy and daddy? fuck off. What could you be spending 4k a month on? Seriously, if you cut your budget in half you could have 25k saved up for a down payment on a house in one year. Why are people so terrible with money.

Only your higher income should be counted in the higher bracket unless your government is being utterly retarded (which is of course perfectly possible).

Some people don't like being stick in floods and tornadoes, fuckface.

What the fuck is that bitch doing to those tomatoes?

nothing. i cant spend anything.

the government takes so much money out of my check, the little money leftover just sits in my bank account but i cant buy anything straight up.

my check is supposed to be 5.1k a month and i recieve like 3k, if im lucky

its fucking bullshit. you cant move or commit to anything worthwhile on 3k a month

"buy a modest car"
im fucking fed up with these bootlickers. I've driven used cars since i was in high school and i drove to university classes in a car from 2001. literally whats the point of all this work if im supposed to drive a fucking beater out of college.

i pay too many damn taxes my nigga

>Can't even into gourmet cooking
>Shitting on fresh vegetable preparation
>Probably has a Cheeto crud encrusted computer keyboard

Guess if she was cooking spaghettios out of a can that would change everything uh? Just kys idiot.

Good luck with that lasting.
The kikes are coming for the generational weath.
Saving for your children wont be a thing in 20 years. Everyone will live like niggers.

Middle/lower class here.
$1200/wk
College educated
Getting professional engineering license April
30,000 brand new truck
rental property nets 1100/month

i wonder if becoming a nigger criminal+ welfare is the way to go

again. WHAT ARE YOU SPENDING YOUR MONEY ON.

If you save 3k for 2-3 months you can buy a 6-9 thousand dollar car.

Sorry you can't drive a 2016 Maserati right out of college with your liberal arts degree but dude you suck with money if you can't do anything with 3k a month. And youre bitching about working 40 hours when people that are really busting their ass are working 90 hours a week.

I'm Jewish, friendo.

Besides, I'm not having kids. I don't want to bring any more lives into this fucked up kike-run world. You think I want my kids living a world run by liberals and shit skins? If the white man ever finds his balls and fights back, that's a different story, but I'll probably be shoah'd in that case anyway.

Now I'm convinced that you're a troll. $3,000 a month in net pay, not paying rent, driving a used car, and you "can't spend anything". Do you even math?

INSURANCE YOU DUMB FUCK, INSURANCE EATS MOST OF THAT UP

>land a job making 50K

So basically you want to cut out "bullshit welfare" for anyone who wasn't lucky enough to land that 50K job?

You think you're doing it hard? Imagine not having that job; or a nice mommy to house you.

Fuck you man.

paid $18.10/hr means 37650/yr wage id in 15% tax.
$18.10 @15% tax net = $15.38
OT pay pushes tax to 25% so...
18.1*.75*1.5= 20.36
That's less than $5 per hour or +33% to work overtime.

>or the world will lose all entertainment value.

You say that like entertainment is the defacto measure for the world's existence.

>Rent = $1000 a month
I hate you

>Food = fluctuates between $350-450 a month
how do you even manage that?

>be right leaning independent
>made mediocre grades in school
>did not go to college
>cut grass and landscape every spring and summer
>work ass off
>work more of my ass off
>now own small landscape business
>park a RV at Kentucky Lake all summer long
>enjoy every weekend

Yes, so inflation + stagnant median wages means younger people still have to work harder compared to older people at the same age.

>If you save 3k for 2-3 months you can buy a 6-9 thousand dollar car.
why bother

i already have a beater, why should i buy another beater

dont yo usee? you cant live well if the government is taking all your god damn check

nothing in this price range is worth it dude

also i wish it was 3k my take home is closer to like 2.7
i was kind of exhaggerating but you get the idea

>land job
>finally, i can pay for shit myself
>government taking all kinds of shit out
>leaving me peanuts

what am i supposed to do? save for months on end so i can afford shitty stuff and probably a shitty house?

we need to downsize this fucking government

>Net 70k a year.
>Own my own business
>Pay a shit ton of taxes to Shanaynay
>Still have to wait in line behind her at the grocery store, cart FULL of food, they fumble over her WICs and she pays the rest with her food stamps
>20 minutes later finally leave the store
>Continue to hate Shanaynay

>checks flag

Man....when you right, you right

If only your tax burden could be shifted somewhat onto people and entities who could afford to pay without compromising their lifestyle.

>Rent
I live in a pretty small studio that is in a decent part of town. A nice one bedroom goes for about $1200 or so but since I'm in a studio, my rent is lower. Truth be told, I could go cheaper but it's in a good area not prone to crime.

>Food
I buy in bulk and prepare in bulk. I also eat pretty much the same thing every day because I just don't prioritize food much.
I buy the 18 count eggs, oats, dried raisins, greek yogurt, big fucking bags of peanuts, lots of cheap fruits and veggies from a nearby market, chicken, and a huge bag of white rice that I get at an asian specialty food shop (I test it myself for Bacillus cereus because I'm scared of food poisoning and I get free expired media due to working in a microbiology lab). There are a couple other things in there that I buy but for the most part, I buy cheap shit that lasts. I don't buy anything that is already portioned or specially bagged.

Please explain this. It makes no sense. I majored in finance and econ and I literally try to understand everyone's point of view, but I do not follow.

Parboiled and skinned

>what am i supposed to do? save for months on end so i can afford shitty stuff and probably a shitty house?

Yes...this is exactly what you're supposed to do. You do this, then you buy crap ass IKEA and nice sheets and you bring girls home, and they come back because your mom doesn't ask if you need a snack mid-coitus...like fucking Norman Bates.

>be democrat-leaning
>when will we cut out bullshit welfare and entitlement

The problem is the man in the mirror.

25 year old single male no kids here. in oklahoma. i made 53k last year and got anally demolished by taxes

What does everyone eat at work? My biggest expense after mortgage is the shit i eat at work. Sometimes i will bring sandwhiches but when you start having 12+ hour work days you can eat six sandwhiches and still have to spend $10 at 7-11

>$50,000
>unable to afford rent of ~$700/mo
>unable to put aside ~$5,000 to buy a used car

You're either lying or terribly stupid.

>>work a minimum of 40 hours
>>American Dream

>Medical student
>Obongocare passes
>Reimbursments for doctors drop as low as $12 a visit
>mfw when I'll never pay off my debt, even as a physician
The democrats have fucked everything.

if his pay is 50k then that means he is paying 20k in taxes, and earning only 30k over the year, which is like 2.5k a month

So I'm supposed to lie? will i not get audited or some shit?

Working in oil and gas last 12 years
Was making 240k
Lost job with oil collapse a few months ago
What do pol?

How much do you spend on candles

please tell me you didn't like, spend all of it

assuming you didn't spend it all on hookers and coke in the camps, buy land, build a house, learn to code (only takes a few weeks of dedicated time, do some dedicated reading)

>37
>Working in oil and gas last 12 years
>Was making 240k
>Lost job with oil collapse a few months ago
>What do pol?

Don't you have a bridge & tunnel system where guys like you can crawl into a cardboard box and die? From my understanding it's very sophisticated and fair.

>Downtown

Fucking why?

What field are you in to land a job that gives you that kind of money?

I bring my own lunchbox that has
>two pan grilled chicken breasts with hot sauce or barbecue sauce
>a cup of cooked broccoli
>3/4 cup of greek yogurt with a bit of honey
>a bag of peanuts
>a banana
>maybe an apple or something similar

It's pretty filling. If I'm working long days, I bring a bigger lunch box with more of everything.

Lol, user, I only own one candle. It's smells kind of like a deep mahogany. Kind of a hard scent to describe. One of my close friends (a girl) buys me one on my birthday or any other special occasion. So jokes on you, I don't spend anything on candles. Even the matches I use to light it I get for free from the lobby of the hotel down the road.

I know a guy working oil & gas. He made bank when times were good - didn't save a lot like most of them. haven't talked to him in maybe a year.

Anyway, the dude is pretty hardcore. He worked in the hardest places on the planet. He is a good man. A realist. An asset to anybody that would hire him.

I figure as long as you can stay light on your feet, you can get a job somewhere. There are pieces of shit making >$100k a year who think that a hard day is one when you get a paper cut. Odds are you have seen and worked jobs that would break lesser men. I figure you will figure it out.

26 year old business owner here. Not much experience but I will tell you that all my wealthy friends dodge taxes like crazy, usually living very well, but paying absolutely nothing in taxes. My "banker" suggests writing off as much as I can. Never experienced it but apparently the IRS will send you a letter saying you paid this much but we think you should pay this much. You can either fight or pay, but you do have the option of paying right then and there if you get caught.

Wtf is she making there? Besides mydicard.

Fuck. He's right.

Be careful, user. What looks like "dat ass" is actually a trap.

50k/yr is half of what it used to be.

we're getting fucked. i just dont feel like explaining it anymore cause im an oldfag but.

this is the way out

1) get self employed
2) find a tax haven like puerto rico or seychelles
3) dont pay tax, consider leaving the country if you have to

when you stop voting for democrats.

just think if you could keep that 1k how much you could have fixed the roads and replaced your own dumpster.

not really sure why people vote for tax hikes (hillary)

Well if thats the case... I have to make about 12 hours OT to make as much as my married with two kids coworker makes with no OT. and our pay is the same or close.

Surprised someone actually understands why we make what we do on here.

>401k

Fool

how do I into throwing my excess money into investments

Good on your parents OP.

No complex carbs? Damn i just looked up pan frying chicken breast and it looks way faster and easier than roasting. I could totally eat chicken every day if its that easy. Thanks man.

No, you are a fool. My company has a fantastic match system that is quite literally thousands in free money every year. The plan has low fees and has been performing quite well.

I also have my own investment account that I contribute to that makes good money as well. I don't put anything more in my 401k beyond what is required for my company match.

I eat a lot of complex carbs, just not at work. I eat a huge bowl of oats every morning and sometimes mix oats into my greek yogurt.

Look into getting a grill pan (pic related). They aren't cheap but I've gotten my moneys worth out of mine. It's fast and easy. I love making grilled chicken for lunch.

Thanks m8

Yeah I don't want to suck 5 miles of dick to get a job and then be forced to work 40 hours, having to go to work every single day for 8 hours no matter how I'm feeling. What kind of life is that? I think I'm the kind of person who would sooner become homeless rather than work 40h for an extended period of time.