ITS ALREADY STARTED

They're shutting it down!

Please explain OP?

Its all ogre.

Bullshit...

Cred Forums IS SHUTTING DOWN

He thinks the ICANN stuff that Cruz was making a scene about is the end of the internet.

He's a lunatic.

Ted was right, that's why he killed all those people. We have to delete everything, EVERYTHING!
Already have the fire started, last post now.

ICANN is being transfered from the USA in less than 3 hours. The 1st amendment can't protect it and stuff: see Ted Cruz for more information

dafuq

That shit's just DNS and IP-address allegations. If some shadowy world government wanted to censor the internet, this isn't going to get the job done.

I've seen a lot of anons saying that the ICANN thing is overblown and not actually going to do anything, but none of them have explained why they think this. Why is ICANN not dangerous?

>It's literally nothing

Way to idiot, OP

So you think shutting down domain names won't prevent the vast majority of people from being able visit those websites? Do you think the average person keeps a list of ip addresses for all the sites they visit?

because ICANN isn't some governing body that can just issue an edict saying "take these websites down". They do shit like approve new TLDs. (A while back they approved .moe and Cred Forums had a bunch of threads full of weebs talking about the domains they were gonna buy) In any case they could take stuff out of the root servers if they really wanted to I guess, but all such sites would remain reachable either by their IP address or by using any DNS server that doesn't respect their orders and returns records for that name anyway.

This.

Hi, I work for the government, your good friend, and I just wanted to say that everything we do here is for YOU, the people. Everything will be okay, like always. Trust the TV and news.

Fucking with DNS and domain names has been something that they've been doing to try and shut down the pirate bay for years. look how well it's worked. The site's still up, it just changes domains and suffers the occasional outage. anyone who wants to find it can do so with a few searches, a proxy/VPN, etc.

That just means no one can change or hijack the domain. OP is fegit

HAPPENNING

This isn't real...

Autism.

Nice Pepe

>shadowy
Where the fuck have you been?

Retards think shit will go down overnight.
Wiser people know shit will go down in several months, when no one is watching.

bs