Do you think life was so different 10 years ago?

Do you think life was so different 10 years ago?

Just look at what society was like in 2006 compared?
>No smartphones
>Social Media still at its infancy
>No gender politics
>Race relations were somewhat smooth without the media bringing it up every five seconds
>Economy was actually in good shape
>Liberalism was the counter culture
>Internet was more spread out

Pic somewhat related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1UmO-96ziJc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I was in middle school so life is just going to seem different to me.

People wore looser pants and I remember there being more people into physical hobbies like paintballing.

>paintballing

Holy fuck I forgot this even existed

Social media was in full swing among my friends in 2006
obviously you had to be on an actual computer though

>No smartphones.

Are you crazy.

Do you know how many whores are taking pictures of their vags and posting online?

Wouldn't trade that for the world.

This album was my childhood

were you poor or just a child? we had internet on our phones in 2006, just no iphones or touchscreen phones yet.

myspace was invented in the 90s. college kids got facebook in 2003 if I remember correctly. one of the hottest pop artists at the time, lilly allen, got her start from fans on myspace.

the economy wasn't in that good of shape. liberalism was just as prevelant as now, people were just fucking scared of iraqi terrorists. the counter culture was exposing the wars for what they were and telling.people about the patriot act and the spying. the same shit you faggots cheer for snowden about got me shunned by my family in 2006.

you are either a moron or a child.

Kill yourself degenerate.

The vag pics aren't worth the society we lost when everyone got smartphones

The "Smartphone Culture" kicked off with the iPhone releasing that year. People don't give enough credit to Apple for doing so much damage to Western Society.

Economies are "good" when they aren't in danger of collapsing completely, user

Actually in 2006 there were definitely smart phones, I had treo650 and the sidekick (which even had the danger.com back end to upload your pics/vids/blogs to almost exactly like icloud) was in full swing, everyone wanted one. Social media was there, and a big deal, but it was xanga, live journal, and MySpace. Also vampirefreaks and smaller sites. It was there and a big deal, just not the sites we know today.

Otherwise I agree. Especially about the spread out internet thing.

they was good times...it wasnt that long ago either

>we had internet on our phones in 2006,
Rarely anyone used it considering how shitty and slow it was
>myspace was invented in the 90s. college kids got facebook in 2003
Millenials mostly used those platforms. It wasn't as bloated as it is today
>the economy wasn't in that good of shape
It was way better then, than it was after the recession
>liberalism was just as prevelant as now,
SJWs didn't take over society until social media really took off. Liberals back then weren't considered about people using certain pronouns to describe someone

I unironically like this album. Everything else MCR has made is shit, but this album is great.

1986 was the beginning of the end of human civilization.

Being in high school I don't really have a good scope to go from, but I will say for sure is was better than the shitfest that is memebook and CNN (((journalism))) with niggers gone wild we have today.
Those days of windows xp, halo, masturbating, watching adult swim, bitching about eating the same meal at home for the nth time, going to school, the gamecube, and razer moto phones have come and gone.
I wouldn't change any of it, and I would hate to be 12 years younger today that's for damn sure.

paintballing was so fucking big i had friends who had paintball video games. But actually doing it was always the best time

Only good album. It's true. But some of their best songs are in their other albums

>M-member?
Cred Forums

Paintball is still alive and well, pump action is making a come back.

I hated mcr until I gave up on life and joined the army. for some reason, gunning in afghanistan, it just fit.

you are literally cherrypicking. I used internet in my phone all the time back then. I had a myspace with and a facebook with hundreds of freinds. and yes, liberals were just as fucking insane, you just apparently didn't know.any. did you ever think that libs didn't change, but your adaptation of these technologies let you view the insane libs?

Fucking this. Apple along with Facbook did a real number on dumbing down our generation.
I truly despise having to deal with idiots that can't seem to handle how to use one of those damn phones, yet alone be able to process just how quickly information spreads and how they can be deceived by it.
Sometimes I think a rapefugee enrichment wouldn't be all that bad.

People like OP consider the release of the internet to be at the same time as the iPhone.

I fucking hated My Chemical Romance and knew things would get worse. You are correct that 10 years ago these things were in infancy but they were also inevitable. Now we are the backlash and our rise is also inevitable.

Holier-than-thou pastor faggot.

Facebook only had like 10 million users in 06. I only knew two people that actually had it
Internet
Cellphones had such small screens you could barely see what you were doing if you were browsing the web unless you had a blackberry
Liberals at the time were just protesting against Bush and the Iraq War. They weren't policing the web and shutting down websites that had "hate speech"

>masturbating
>watching adult swim
>going to school
>gamecube
>I wouldn't change any of it, and I would hate to be 12 years younger today that's for damn sure.

I feel exactly the same way. This current generation sucks. I often think about simpler times, watching non hd television, old school games, not being always connected to the internet, before smart phones, I truly feel in my heart that is the way to live. To an extent. It's also rose tinted glasses. I guess I just long for the deep connections I had with my friends back then, and all this interconnectedness makes me feel lonely and seperated.

I miss life pre smartphones
People always shit on you having that opinion though

Guys can we make a coalition or group of some sort? This idealogy that life was better before full-blown internet takeover, is completely hard to find. I've met only a few people who have ever shared this viewpoint.

WHEN I WAS A YOUNG BOY

I wasn't dead inside 10 years ago, and I still liked girls without dicks

>2006
>liberalism was the counter culture

Nigger what? I mean transvestites weren't in the news 24/7 but liberalism has been mainstream since 1960.

Some things just aren't meant for the unwashed masses

>No gender politics
no
>Race relations were somewhat smooth without the media bringing it up every five seconds
no
no
>Liberalism was the counter culture
NO

Jesus Christ could this post be more wrong. Just stop posting you underage shit.

This so much.

Newsflash: The internet is over 10 years old.

>2006

try another 20 years ya fuckin leaf

>but liberalism has been mainstream since 1960

I wouldn't say that, but things have been more in balance so to say.

I am ashamed to have been a fan of that band

It's true dude. Read Lothrop Stoddard's work from the 10's and 20's. You can even argue the jews and liberalism has been in control even since then. It's unquestionable that they've been in control at the very least since 1960.

>myspace
>infancy

Also texting was the thing so smartphones may have well been around.

It's 85% worse now.

I was listening to some of their stuff recently, and I'm surprised that it's actually not bad

Man Gamecube/xbox and adult swim late at night with a few friends sleeping over was the best thing I've ever fucking felt. We'd order shitty dominos pizza with whatever money we could scrape up, flip our shit on halo... nowadays if you asked a friend to sleep over your house at the age of 14 they'll either look at you weird or ask about the drugs you wanna do... Shit sucks.

There were corrosive elements for sure, in general things were more balanced overall, but we've really gone off the deep end this decade.

lol so no 14 year olds want to come sleep over any more? yea, shit sucks.

Yeah no doubt brah we've gone completely insane this decade but it's been a gradual decline since the 50s and 60s and once they have full control they just completely throw us off the cliff. Next year they're going to push pedophilia and shit.

>slippery slope was a fallacy they said

>Race relations were somewhat smooth
How is exactly is this good?

paintball was replaced by airsoft

SO TAKE YOUR ARMS AROUND ME

>Man Gamecube/xbox and adult swim late at night with a few friends sleeping over was the best thing I've ever fucking felt

literally the exact same man. Sleep overs were fucking BOMB. They were the best...

Yes... How is exactly is this good is it even?

The boys and girls in the clique
The awful names that they stick
You're never gonna fit in much, kid
But if you're troubled and hurt
What you got under your shirt
Will make them pay for the things that they did

You get the gist, it's 3am here

I have said this before and I will say it once more: the early 2000s were the last shreds of prosperity in the West after WWII. Those times were by no means perfect but I would take them any day over now. 9/11 derailed everything but 2007/2008 is when things went downhill and you could really see the writing on the wall. The 2010s are the worst decade since the Depression/WWII and the 2020s are going to be even worse.

>and liberals hated the NWO and slave labor
>and liberals protested the government
Things suck under Dems, that's all. Republicans bring out the best in people

DEEP

>The 2010s are the worst decade since the Depression/WWII and the 2020s are going to be even worse.

Yep, pretty much.

I'm just trying to get my bantz on m8.

youtube.com/watch?v=1UmO-96ziJc

Eh I've fucked worse.

Can we ever go back?

Only if you want it badly enough.

Never.

fucking underage

yeah, I was definitely color blind in those days, after all the bs going on I just assume brown and black people hate me so I stay away

>I just long for the deep connections I had with my friends back then
That's the best way to encapsulate this whole thread. I have new friends I've made after the fact but that level of immaturity will never be there again, mostly because we've know too much now.
>what is /r9k/
Yes 2007 is when everything became nigger tier, especially music. I can't believe the comparison between then and now on what is (((good))).
I'm not even ragging on music before I was born, nearly everything from the 80's 70's and beyond is better than the fat acceptance shit on today.
I never really cared to deal with blacks, but I never really hated them when I was younger. Anyone with a brain can admit though that race relations have gone to shit since Odungoo took office.
GW looked like a monkey and then we got stuck with a literal one. Once Trump wins the record will be corrected.

well honestly i think things were not much different. if anything people are more free now. because then communication was less, so jews were able to broadcast messages without resistance. but with improved communication much more is possible.

i was 23 in 2006 and i will tell you that things were MORE controlled than they are now.

now pretty much anyone who wants to know truth can find it in moments, provided they are willing to accept it.

honestly people saying things have changed much in terms of media are just those who are currently media consumed. maybe if you watch television you will find complaints, but really from the perspective of someone who came of age in the times of 2002-2012 i will say that really things are not much different.

the difference is in whether or not you are a consumer or a producer.

in 2004 "gay" was just as prominent as it is now. it was just as taboo to question homosexuality. in fact, you were more likely to encounter VIOLENT resistance. but now VIOLENCE is something unlikely without political assistance.

and in terms of racial equality, racism was TOTAL stigma. but now you WILL find friends. even nonwhites. because race is more spiritual now.

so really, now is BETTER than 2006. but the jews, of course, seek to silence internet.

i can only speak from my perspective. but i do not watch TV, even though i have cable. because i can to better with my time.

>now pretty much anyone who wants to know truth can find it in moments, provided they are willing to accept it.
That's the problem, I think those numbers aren't any higher than they were then. If anything it's worse just because there are more platforms they can shill their reports on.
Not to mention it gave a platform for all the SJWs to collect and riot on, making it seem like there were HUGE numbers of people opposed to bullshit issues when in reality their numbers didn't go up either.

You probably think that because you were 14 back then and were more concerned with getting a boner in 1st period then you were with what black people were saying on twitter

You guys have the right idea but the wrong time

Civilizataion truly declined with the printing press.

>any pleb can own books
>no more working hard to be literate
>ruining jobs as a scribe
>nobody talks to eachother anymore, just informs themselves on the current political climate like a bunch of fags
>all these awful degenerate "fiction" books people read instead of the bible

Just compare 2006 to 2008. Only a 2-year difference, but the 2 years were completely different to each other.