ICANN

In one hour, it will happen. If Cred Forums is still here, I am going to laugh my ass off.

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-26/un-unleashes-plan-pushing-worldwide-internet-censorship
the-american-interest.com/2015/09/28/un-calls-for-worldwide-online-censorship/
freemuse.org/archives/1180
foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/18/suffers-blow-united-nations-council-backs-censorship-watchdog.html
indexoncensorship.org/2014/05/club-censors-united-nations/
breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/25/u-n-womens-group-calls-for-web-censorship/
indexoncensorship.org/2009/10/us-hypocrisy-on-free-speech-at-united-nations/
blog.constitutioncenter.org/2012/12/can-the-united-nations-really-tax-and-censor-the-internet/
youtube.com/watch?v=Vt6fDpZAVSI
youtube.com/watch?v=Tx__zn7Mx4k
youtube.com/watch?v=YYb9kSCkjE8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what's going to happen

You don't understand, faggot.

Cred Forums will still be here.

The point is that we have given up control of the internet.

Censorship will not happen overnight.

Just know that TONIGHT marks the BEGINNING of the END of the Internet.

Get it?

Game over.

Freedom of speech is KILL.

Eventually, 4 Chan shall fall.

The US has never controlled the internet, they have only overseen ICANN operations.

They won't change anything soon. It will be a slow death.

Morons like you are the reason why the NWO will have been established.

The indoctrination was just too strong.

>If Cred Forums is still here, I am going to laugh my ass off.

If Cred Forums is not here, I am going to cry my ass off while hugging my monitor.

Wont Trump please fix this too? make our own internet and build firewall

Them feels, same bro
Pic related

I am honestly confused as to how the change in hands will result in creeping censorship.

this is the truth. sad!

goodbye internet

Surely there is still something to be done

These fucking retards are hopeless.

I almost understand why the powers of old decided to form a secret society at this point.

The worst they can do is remove domain names. Websites will still be up you'd just have to type in the IP address instead of saying Cred Forums.org or whatever. Which would be a form of censorship but not a very powerful form when everything is hyperlinked and bookmarked anyway.

they're not coming for your little autism hangout, don't worry

UN doesn't really answer to anyone.

Private company. No longer bound to the 1st amendment via semi-governmental oversight.

So now you can have ICANN, maybe 10 years down the road, cowing to Europe or China to censor x or y domain.

I mean, the IPs will still be available no matter what ICANN does but ???

>tfw too intelligent to believe in this false happening

it will not take one hour to immediately start pegging sites, the bill will have to be passed and shit dude. people arent out working on this shit right now, its just a countdown till today, when this will either pass or fail

If or if not, I'll be laughing

idk y but that pic related made me kek

It's not going to change immediately. It'll be once the UN starts to censor "hate speech" that you'll notice websites removing content or getting blocked.

>The UN Unveils Plan Pushing For Worldwide Internet Censorship
zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-26/un-unleashes-plan-pushing-worldwide-internet-censorship

>UN Calls for Worldwide Online Censorship
the-american-interest.com/2015/09/28/un-calls-for-worldwide-online-censorship/

>United Nations resolutions justify censorship
freemuse.org/archives/1180

>U.N. Rights Council Backs 'Censorship' Watchdog, Elevates U.S. Foes
foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/18/suffers-blow-united-nations-council-backs-censorship-watchdog.html

>A club of censors at the United Nations
indexoncensorship.org/2014/05/club-censors-united-nations/

>The UN Wants To Censor The Entire Internet To Save Feminists’ Feelings
breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/25/u-n-womens-group-calls-for-web-censorship/

>US hypocrisy on free speech at United Nations
indexoncensorship.org/2009/10/us-hypocrisy-on-free-speech-at-united-nations/

>Can the United Nations really tax and censor the Internet?
blog.constitutioncenter.org/2012/12/can-the-united-nations-really-tax-and-censor-the-internet/

We shall be reborn as ???
Old Anonymous.
youtube.com/watch?v=Vt6fDpZAVSI
New Anonymous.
youtube.com/watch?v=Tx__zn7Mx4k
???
youtube.com/watch?v=YYb9kSCkjE8

from what I found ICANN has been around the block for a bit. Furthermore, the split from American control might be related to Snowden and the realization that the NSA was being invasive. Obama has been quoted to say that the internet cannot be like the wild west anymore, isn't this playing out of his favour?

Forgot image.

so congress can still block it?

No, see

Congress cannot do anything about the U.N.

Twitter rolled out emails. As of midnight, the EU-US Privacy Shield goes into effect.

that is already happening around the world for a very long time. Are burgers this fucking deluded that they think they control all of the internet and not just the part that is hosted in US soil.

kek so if we don't control the internet then what's the big deal? Why not just keep hosting your own domains and do what you want to do with your own shit?

They just want to regulate and silence people. ICANN is an acronym you know...

What's this about?

Voting Trump is truly the last bastion of Cred Forums and internet free speech

You have no fucking idea even about the tech you are talking about.
>kek so if we don't control the internet then what's the big deal?
You don't, that's the point.
>They just want to regulate and silence people
and this will change jackshit about it as it is already happening and has for a very long time.

>it's impossible for non-americans to buy american servers

This

It will slowly happen. You will suddenly wake up to their board agreeing to blacklist Cred Forums without further notice.

Next thing that's going to happen is, since the website is obviously considered "bad", it's a few hours before getting actually banned from being hosted in the country

You're missing the point. Purposely.

You implied we already don't 'control' the internet for all intents and purposes. Which would mean all of this is unnecessary. That's apparently not the case.

>inb4 ur computer illiterate
>inb4 I am a tech god

Twitter is now owned by Obama who rewrote the terms to hand over ICANN, who's new UN rules state that Cred Forums is to be shut down immediately for hate speech!

Exactly. Why wouldn't they just wait until it becomes the norm to start tightening their grip? Seems like an easier path to the same result for them.

Jesus christ you are dumb. You aren't even addressing anything I have said and pull out some sad strawman to save your epic HABBENING.

Cred Forums is fucking retarded and gay and full of shitters that have no idea about anything they talk about. Ban mobile posters now.

>You implied we already don't 'control' the internet for all intents and purposes. Which would mean all of this is unnecessary
You don't, this isn't going to change a single god damn thing about how the internet works.
>That's apparently not the case.
Yeah, in your deluded mind.

>Freedom of speech is KILL.
Surely you have other ways to express your views. If it's only through the internet you are able to express your thought, that's just very un4channet.

Couldn't we just use a dns that doesn't censor?

Shill harder.

>mfw nothing is going to happen but I'll hype myself up regardless.

yeah, shill harder for your non-existant HABBENING. Jesus christ the social-media smartphone generation is full of tech illiterate retards.

Nothing is going to change, short or long term. ICANN censors site, type in IP address. Site gets pulled from dns? Use another,dns make one yourself.

US has veto power in the UN