Redpill me on "climate change"

Is it true? Iv seen arguments for and against. I do lean towards the "it's a hoax" side, but I want to see what Cred Forums has to say.

Other urls found in this thread:

thegwpf.org/content/uploads/2015/10/benefits1.pdf
breitbart.com/author/james-delingpole/
youtube.com/watch?v=RajmJ6wbHqc
wsj.com/articles/SB120882720657033391
youtube.com/watch?v=0gDErDwXqhc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its a meme for pussies
no scientific basis like most memes

It's something leftists use to signal their virtue. They want to be seen as caring people because they're narcissistic so they parrot this bullshit.

It's a hoax perpetuated by the Chinese to destroy American businesses.

(((Elites))) use it to divide and conquer us. Whether it's true or not is irrelevant.

This is a board for politics, not science.

>This is a board for politics
k colgate, whatever you say

Climate change is real, global warming is a hoax.

Do you really need us to spoon feed this to you? Come on man, you're better than this.

Heres all you need to know.

What % of people "concerned" by it have taken themselves off the grid and living a completely carbon neutral lifestyle.

Until the cunts spruiking it walk the walk rather than fly to another conference they can go and get a wooly bull up them.

If any leftard brings it up near you shame the fuck out of them, lecture them to live jhow they are saying others are, right now, no fucking excuses.

Isn't it? is the science board.

Picked the wrong size image.

>biggest c02 emitter
>we dindu nuffin

Climate change is a political issue because certain (((parties))) want more regulations and taxes for things they deem to be harmful to the environment.

have you been to sci?

I think climate change is real. It was really quite warm around here a couple of months ago, now it's getting colder. If it continues at this rate I expect an ice age and human extinction within a year.

This is interesting, read it when you have the time

thegwpf.org/content/uploads/2015/10/benefits1.pdf

ah i thought it was the (((oil companies))) and the (((saudis))) and the (((coal companies))), but i wtf now i hate scientists

It is true. Big business has a motive to make you doubt it though.

(((Rupert Murdoch))) owns the biggest media outlets that are denying climate change. Guess what Murdoch also owns? Gas and oil companies. Do the math.

>Saudi's are Jews
top post

you sound like the occupy movement

>saudis are jewish

Well see user, the earth is dying and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it. By 2050 it will be all over.

So one side of the debate is like, fuck it, climate change isn't real. Let's just continue as always. Meanwhile they know the horrible truth and they're just saying fuck it.

The other side wants to tax the fuck out of everyone so the 1% can build up enough cash and resources to build mega bunkers underground, so they can live out the last days of the earth in peace in comfort while the rest of us die up here with the mutants and the mega heat waves.

Well the sea level was also 1 meter higher back in the Holocene. A 1 meter rise would mean Miami, New Orleans, and Amsterdam go under water.

The sea level is projected to rise 0.4-1.5 meters during this century with a mean of 0.95 m.

breitbart.com/author/james-delingpole/

Read him every morning OP.

You sound like a Fox/Sky news addict

>the man who owns the oil said oil is fine so it must be true!

CO2 has been known as a green house gas for over a 100 years.
We increase the level of CO2 and CH4 due to our productions and actions, however this produces "neutral" CO2 that does not work as a green house gas since that fits me best. However science is clear on the lower IQ on negroes since that does fit my world view. So despite using the same methodology and approach to evidence in all areas of natural science, in which I agree on many conclusions, on the subject of climate change it is me the lay man that knows best. Now see my cite 100 blogs as proof since I have know idea what creditable sources are and have not read a single underling paper I can however save pictures from the same shitty sources. Checkmate science man!

>0.4-1.5 meters during this century with a mean of 0.95 m.
I understand what a mean average is but thank you
also refer toI am. I watch DW usually though.
Rupert is a great business man
hating cunts because they're rich is as fucking infantile as hating all Germans because some were Nazis or all jews because some are Marxists or Zionists.
btw I believe climate change is occurring at a rate that isn't entirely natural but i'm not a hippy that thinks we should limit our, or any countries opportunity for prosperity, for the sake of slowing a change that we as a species are quite capable of handling.
also I thought you faggots wanted the third world to suffer..

>implying they arent

The political response to climate change is political, sure, but whether or not it's scientifically valid is purely a science issue.

>everybody is a jew
>everyone else is responsible for my shortcomings
>pol is a jew neocon bunker circlejerk

Okay, so, Global warming is a natural thing we don't have as much influence on as we were told.

But I do believe we need to get rid of the plastic in the Oceans, and the chemical waste that corrupt our waters and soil, and thus ourselves and our Fauna and Flora.

Find anybody over the age of 60.
Ask them about 'climate change' and how different the weather is since they were children.
Have fun watching them laugh in your face and calling you a faggot.

That is a fair compromise and a real solution to a lot of issues.
Good on you for trying to understand multiple perspectives.

Good luck telling China that when they have smog clouds that reach for thousands of miles across their god forsaken country.

basically this.

Focus on more immediate and pressing environmental issues such as the development of alternative fuels, more efficient technologies. smog reduction, agricultural reform, etc.

And greenhouse gas reduction comes naturally with those.

Why aren't we doing that? Because faggot retard marxists who don't give a flying fuck about the environment have hijacked the environmental lobby and are using it as a vessel to seize political power (and not do fuck all about the environment).

Source: Former head of Greenpeace agrees.

If the polar ice is melting why aren't we being flooded out?

They always show a polar bear on a scrap of ice, so if the ice is melting where is all that water going?

Thanks Aussie user, enjoy your Barbie m8.

I hope we will somehow.
They are working on that fancy new Nuclear Power plant systems though, it uses a nuclear power-source that needs a small amount of other Nuclear power-source to activate, meaning that IF something goes wrong, they can detach the smaller power-source, and it will not melt down, but instead deactivate.

If they can slam that one out of the park, they will most likely re[place a lot of smog creating fuel sources, and clean up in the next 70-90 years, I hope.

youtube.com/watch?v=RajmJ6wbHqc

hers a short video from Scishow.

He's a top bloke, stuck to the issues and remained objective.
"Sadly, Greenpeace has evolved into an organization of extremism and politically motivated agendas."
wsj.com/articles/SB120882720657033391

The earths climate has changed naturally hundreds of times throughout its lifetime. Look at the ice age for example. If anything greenhouse gasses may be accelerating a natural process. If we prepare, we shouldn't fear global warming anyways. It is global cooling that really sucks.

People who says it's a meme have probably never even opened a journal or read a paper on it. Our actions have consequences, face it. And one of the consequences of our method of energy consumption is an altered climate. Of course hella people exagerate it and use it as a way to manipulate people. ("Hey try my new free energy dildo for $69.99. I have no proof it works but that's because big oil is suppressing me.") Those people are such a headache. That being said, this isn't a problem government policy is going to fix.

Cheers mate, had a bit of a bbq for the footy GF.
Also the new power plants (Gen3) uranium and plutonium are cased in a carbon fibre that heats (to create the steam to turn the generators) and don't leak.
Nuclear is imo the way to go until fusion (which we may never master)

The ocean is big.

I hope we will master it one day, but let's take it nice and easy, cheers mate.

Molymeme has the answer

youtube.com/watch?v=0gDErDwXqhc

Of course Climate Change is real, the climate always changes. Man made climate change? Not proven. I am against polluting oceans and the air, but to shut down all industry is just retarded.

Got the one with people arguing about which emotional state is the easiest to "trigger" in people?

Every single liberal has been programmed to think it's true, so I vehemently disagree. It's and agenda with a purpose.

I screencaped that like a week or so ago

The fact is nobody has an answer because nobody knows the future; and the future depends on probability more than it does on our influence.

Earth has climate cycles and shifts of its own, part of the phenomenon is natural and about to decrease on its own; another part is man-made influence through industrialization and various emissions. It's pretty much beyond question that human society has an impact (in many ways), fuck, look at Beijing the sky is fucking yellow...

Essentially, all "outputs" in nature are caused by multiple "inputs" with varying influential incidence. "Cause -> Effect" is bullshit; it's "CauseS -> Effect".

The one I'm talking about is pretty old by now.

It went something like this
>What is the easiest to induce emotion in humans?
>Fear, because yada yada
>Curiosity
>I'd argue it's doubt
>....fuck

none of their model predictions were proved correct by the observations

their hypothesis is disproved

Jesus, what a crotchety old faggot.

Why would you ever willingly subject yourself to such garbage?

Sure you not American? Fill a glass with water now add ice cubes. Let them melt, is the water level higher now? Oceanic Ice does not cause water rise

The climate change is real. And the cause is a subject to change too. Remember the time everyone b& freons, killed a huge part of chemical industry... and that didn't help?

At least (((someone))) who proposed alternative refrigerants made profit, so it's all good, isn't it?

Go stick you thumb in a dyke, mate.

Climate isn't static, nothing is.
Modern humanity thinks that it is, and that all changes are man-made and bad.

Maybe the post climate-change world will be the ideal one, where more people prosper. Could be, could not be, it's impossible to tell.

kek

>tfw I live under a natural hot-spot
Enjoy living as popsicles on snowball earth, faggots.

>he thinks melting ice would make the entire ocean rise by 50000000 metres

Whether it's real or not. Whether it's overblown. Some people intend to get very wealthy on the industry of global warming.

The models are chosen to match best the previous observations in a certain time. As you see, they diverge as time goes on. Just thinking the "mean" is right would be painfully wrong, it might be the lowest estimate, it might be the highest. It might most likely be none of these. We don`t know. The small time period of diverging from the observed is not yet relevant. But there is a lot of money made by some institutes making, and defending these statistics. Scientists, who spend most of their career talking about climate change, won't like to admit they where chasing errors in their climate models.

The models are chosen to match best the previous observations in a certain time. As you see, they diverge as time goes on. Just thinking the "mean" is right would be painfully wrong, it might be the lowest estimate, it might be the highest. It might most likely be none of these. We don`t know. The small time period of diverging from the observed is not yet relevant. But there is a lot of money made by some institutes making, and defending these statistics. Scientists, who spend most of their career talking about climate change, won't like to admit they were chasing errors in their climate models.

it is definitely real but the impact we have on it is blown out of proportion. we re fucked at this point anyway

>alternative energy doesn't harm the environment
>other countries around the world are going to stop if we do
>Big business is at fault

Climate change is very real. Though I doubt we have much of an impact on it.
My issue is that there are things we could be doing. We could be planting trees in deforested areas or irrigating arise land. But we aren't doing that. The issue of climate change is a tool that the Gov is using to try and seize control of production and consumption.

Human activity was enough to know the system out of balance, leading to accumulation of atmospheric co2.

This graph shows a total range of only 4C. The man made element of climate change is likely to be 1.5C over pre-indistrial average by 2100, with worst case scenario saying 8C. Even at just 1.5, we'd be off that chart.

it's the reason im not having kids

and all of you coast fags are fucked even if its a hoax

>it's the reason im not having kids
sure thing buddy :^)

don't forget that we are suffering from wasteful land use, shitty zoning laws, and we aren't using energy sources such as nuclear , hydro enough

10000 years ago Chicago was under a mile of ice. In that short period the global temp increased 4C and sea levels rose 200m. What was that caused by? Cave man fires?

First world countries think that by taxing the middle class we'll be able to power our cities with renewables and merge to electric transportation. All attempts thus far have been abysmal failures. Also these same people import millions of immigrants from shitty parts of the world who's carbon footprint more than offset any emissions we could possibly save.

And then of course you have the true culprits of global emissions like Asia who simply don't give, and will never give a fuck.

The world getting warmer benefits the first world more than cooling could, literally nothing will happen.

Are you excluding the Netherlands from your definition of the first world so that they can sink peacefully without tainting your picture of the bright warm future?

But I have to agree, freeing more land from permafrost isn't a bad thing for our countries. Not being to able to make a big settlement beyond 56th parallel sucks dicks (speaking for Russia, NW part - St Petersburg - is excluded thanks to the Gulf Stream, as long as it doesn't break).

Read what Lord Monckton, the Institute for Creation Research have to say about it. Most models don't account for the sun and the prediction equations were garbage.

Kent Hovind also talks about global warming to a degree but here's the deal; you don't have to look closely at this topic to realize it's a hoax as it falls apart under any kind of scrutiny. The problem has always been the lies about the validity of the experiments and data being perpetuated by the globalist media and scientists shilling for grant money.

>his isn't a problem government policy is going to fix.
Because the politicians, bureaucrats and corporations are in bed with each other.
>turkishcircle.gif

climate change is real but it has been politicized
also human activity doesn't affect the climate as much as (they) would have you believe it's really just nature doing it's thing

NASA who's director said their primary role was to support Mohammedanism.

IF it's real it will be a net positive for leafland, Northern Europe, and Russia.

Sea level rise + hurricanes could really wreck NYC, shifting head offices inland.

Toronto will be extremely well positioned since it's already the centre for head offices and immigrants.

A lot of the Pacific Northwest will be fine if expensive to live in.

The permanent opening of the Northwest Passage will change the game of international trade.

literally 99% of top scientists agree with the theory.
scientists love to shut other scientists down along with their theories
but they simply cannot disprove this one