Redpill me on capital punishment

What is Cred Forums's opinion on the death penalty?

Is it ethically justified? Does it represent an uncivilised society? What is the best method?

Surely lethal injection is the worst

Do you really want to pay the cable bill for millions of repeat violent offense niggers that refuse to function in society?

Chinese have it down. Send out the mobile execution van, blow the head off, and harvest the organs.

As to whether it's justified, I think let's revisit that after we actually go back to enforcing our own laws.

Actually in the US life without parole costs less due to no mandatory appeals

Why should the government have the authority to kill people?

The government is supposed to be a proxy for the people at large, and a better idea than having the queen or the star chamber or the venetian banker kill people, and also a better idea than some self-appointed sheriffs taking care of business when somebody is found diddling children.

Ideally, anyway.

It's necessary.

Like jail, pointless.

>google gets shot by police after robbing a store/selling drugs/"peacefully" protesting
>riot in the streets over "muh black lives matter"
>more googles commit brimes and fet shot by police

I'd say the threat of death is only effective in civilized societies and should be practiced anywhere with 3rd-world citezens

It would too heavy of a burden if you only allowed policemen to carry it.

Death to all criminal scum

Maybe in your shithole

I am against the death penalty
What gives the government the right to kill other people?
I am for a different kind of punishment, instead of death penalty, you should be sent into exile.
The death penalty is for people, the government doesn't want in their country. So just throw them out instead.

Killing people to show that killing is wrong is perfectly logical

you can only very VERY rarely prove that someone actually did the thing so thats a good reason to not have the death penalty. just look at all these false rape allegations that only get proven wrong years later

also clearly, the death penalty isnt a deterrent. someone gets shot by a cop, and everyone goes out into the streets specifically to provoke cops.

>ethically justified?
Yes
>Does it represent an uncivilised society?
No
>What is the best method?
Not doing it. Cases with overwhelming, no-doubt evidence are supremely rare, and a substantial number of innocent people have been put to death due to wrongful convictions

I don't know about your legal process, but, in ours, the general idea is that the government is only supposed to act as the infrastructure for the people to make the laws, execute them, and judge whether or not a person should die for breaking them. Sadly, this is no longer the case.

Traitors can get hanged in my opinion, however, after a fair and public trial.

I'm only for the death penalty of traitours

Capital punishment is pretty great, but the lethal injection nonsense is bullshit. It takes forever to kill them. Just hang them or shoot them.

Jävla danskjävel
"you brutally murdered a couple and raped their child. The punishment for your atrocious crime is to leave this country. Hopefully the country next to ours won't feel bothered that we'll let a wicked criminal loose on their soil."

> exile

And just shift the burden to other countries?

Regardless, death penalty is morally attractive to me, but I know that mistakes are made, and I do not think the goverment should have that power.

If you could prove without a doubt that someone is guilty in horrible murders, then I'm all for it.

I don't think it deters murder.

We should have the death penalty for economic crimes like fraud and corruption.

>If you could prove without a doubt
That's how it's supposed to work here for jury trials, and the reason why I would consider it to be an honor and a duty to serve on one some day. My mom recently was on a jury for some pretty brutal murder and rape kind of things, and it wasn't easy on her mind, but as far as I know she had no room left for doubt.

just take away their cable and make them pick their own cotton while in jail

It's not about deterring,murder you liberal Nigger, it's about,justice.

Goddamn it, how long has this board been /leftypol/???

I don't think death penalty is right. Instead, I'd rather repeat offenders (or very high degree) of serious crimes should be used for scientific research that is deemed too unethical for use on a law-abiding citizen.

Their life is forfeit anyway, might aswell make some use to society.

That's somewhat sick, but actually an interesting idea.

Define justice.

There's no point killing someone simply for what they did in the past. It won't change anything.

Depends on the country, if the population is manageable and you have a decent penal system then I don't think it's much use and only really punishes the family of the criminal you execute. If it's a large population and the penal system is fubar then I think it has merit. China has 1.3 billion, fuck dealing with that many criminals, other countries like Thailand have such terrible overcrowding in jails that the death penalty is probably welcome. I think all criminals who are charged with murder should also have the option to choose the death penalty themselves.

I am absolutely 100% for it. There simply are criminals that are entirely irredeemable. Keeping them alive is pure idiocy, as that gives the possibility of a future government releasing them (and, as we can see with our increasingly retarded governments, that's not entirely unlikely).
Civilized doesn't mean pussy. Look at the Romans: One of the greatest civilization ever, and it literally nailed slaves to crosses for miles after a rebellion.

Hanging is best. Cheap (you can even reuse the rope, or sell it off), absolutely painless if done right, as it immediately breaks the spine.
And if not done right, it can provide a good learning opportunity that think of committing heavy crimes in the future.

That being said, the death penalty can only truly be executed by a sovereign, not by some politician that was elected to inhabit some office for a few years because he happened to be the most popular. Life and Death shouldn't be presided over by a society-wide highschool system.

Do you think justice systems are perfect? Are you afraid of shouldering the responsiblity of losing a human life just because there's a possibility that a criminal didn't commit a crime?

>kill a few people violently, painfully
>get death penalty
>painless
>PAINLESS lethal injection

I wish the death penalty existed here. I'd commit mass murder just for the easy and nice death

This.

To be honest from a fiscal point of view it makes a whole lot of sense, and when you're dealing with child molestors and murderers.. I'd say that they've sacrificed their right to be treated with the same rights that we all enjoy.

Hang them by the neck until dead, allow the families of the victims some closure and save Tens of thousands (if not more) by saving the population from paying for their comfy cell in a protected prison.

Personally I'm for it, but only in exceptional circumstances where it's plainly obvious the person is guilty. I think cop killing should be mandatory death sentence

I'm sick of all this cuckold bullshit like "humane" methods like lethal injection. Should be firing squad noose or gas chamber

And last meals? Did they extend that sympathy to their victim? Give them sludge

It's nothing but "muh feels"

Yes. 100% absolutely positive the death penalty is perfectly fine. No bullshit either, just shoot them instead of the injection nonsense.

>if you support the death penalty and you kill an innocent person you're a murderer
If you support the idea that criminals should be punished you're a kidnapping, rapist, abuser, torturing, sadist because at some point an innocent person will be tried and go to jail and possibly die in jail when they were perfectly innocent.

Child molester has a broad definition. There's no reason to hate someone who didn't hurt anybody just because you find the idea of child love disgusting.

Isn't the point of punishment to reassert the existence of the moral order, and not to inflict suffering on the offender?

'B... Buhh... But what if we kill an innocent?!'

If you're that uncomfortable with the use of DNA, a motive and proof of the crime that you're not prepared to act on the evidence, then we might as well not lock someone up for anything unless the entire jury see's a video of them doing the crime and then confessing to it while holding up a name badge.

It's incredibly rare to get a conviction without complete proof, but perhaps it'd mean even more stringent investigation before someone is sentenced, which can't be a bad thing regardless.

I'm in favor of last meals regardless. It's a pretty simple and costless way to have a shred of humanity before taking a life.

Someone who rapes a child should be hung.

There can't seriously be a question about this in your head, or maybe you're worried that it will one day become law, and you'll be the one hanging from the dock

With that logic, Why arrest anybody who breaks the law? Their crime was in the past. It won't change anything.

>be britcuck
>have sex with 17.9 year old female
>convicted as a rapist
>get hung
epic, dude.

Take a life, lose a life. Self defense is forgivable.

Lethal injection is the worst, our state spends thousands on it when a bullet in their sleep is more humane and cheaper.

We can just give the death penalty to heinous crimes. We've progressed a lot when it comes to forensics.

>when an aussieposter BTFO's someone without shitposting

Surely we've got good enough physiology and physics knowledge that they could calculate the rope length precisely for hanging?

Done right it's instant

Nah, lifelong imprisonment style is best option. You know, on hard mode, with just food and water and a bed.

If you insist on death penalty, quartering is obviously the best method.

They can kill more people you autist

Killers are a cancer on society. They should be exterminated. What right do they have to kill?

I'm pretty sure the UK suspended the death penalty twice, and violent crimes went up on both occasions.

People who abuse the Second Amendment by using a gun as a tool for murder or theft or other heinous crimes should be killed. No question. If your fate would have been death if your victim had a gun so that they could defend themselves, then why should your fate be life if the victim could not defend themselves?

Yeah. Also only in 2014 did most Brits disagree with the death penalty. The wonders of representative government

Our countries are already importing rapists, a few Danes won't make a difference.

You're importing people who culturally think it's normal to kill and maim as a form of justice.

You're in for some bad times if you speak their language, legally.

It's not justified as long as our justice system is not perfect. We still rely on personal judgement of a bunch of people to decide if someone is actually at fault. That means that the moment you legalize death penalty, you're basically buying some extra order and security (assuming death penalty does bring crime down, which itself many fags will debate) for the price of innocent lives you kill by mistake. So it really boils down to:
>Are you alright with killing some unrelated innocent people just for the right to kill other actual offenders?
If you think those innocent lives are a reasonable price to pay, then by all means, fire up those chairs. That's similar to what's been happening in Philippines, a just cause (getting rid of druglords) was (and is) being pursued by unlawful means. Whenever those cops lynched an innocent guy by mistake during those covert raids, they were making a blood sacrifice to their cause, in a sense.

The harsher your methods are, the more effective they are, but also the more room there is for a mistake.

Nah mang just execute them, it would be more humane than keeping them imprisoned until their last breath.

Gas the criminals, civility war now. We should slowly begin making all prisons air tight and one day announce that a new law has been passed and all crimes are now capital crimes then have all the guards leave and drop Zyclon B on their way out.

To me, it's completely unethical to force taxpayers to financially support those too dangerous to function in society. They should be disposed of like the vicious animals they are.

Effective methods of execution:
Long drop hanging
Standard drop hanging
Suspension by ligature
Firing squad
Nitrogen asphyxiation
Lethal injection (if made more cost-effective)

The death penalty would have more of an impact if:
- all states did it
- it was used for a wider range of brutal crimes
- and if it didn't take 20+ years to be carried out

I would execute the prisoner at a random time and with a random style --- hanging, lethal injection, firing squad, or electric chair.

Just like their victim(s), the prisoner would not know when or how their execution is going to happen. It would be recorded, and those prisoners who were cowards would forever live in shame as their execution videos would be played over and over again today's troubled youth.