Canadians, if you could change your flag back to this would you?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11340514
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This one is better.

No because this country is independent from England. We are sovereign and I don't like the idea of having someone else's flag on my flag. We pay acknowledge our British heritage in other ways like having a parliament with a governor general. We have British symbols on coat of arms on the federal/provincial levels.

That being said, a fucking leaf is pretty funny. I wish we came up with a better design.

You sure you want a Quebec sign slap bang in the middle of it?

This one is better

The Queen is still your monarch.

I only suggest this flag because it's the only other one that you have that isn't embarassing.

SO MUCH THIS. We aren't cucks like Australians

Isn't the fucking queen on your currency?

Yes.

No, I wouldn't, because I'm not a cuck.

>Canadian cuckposters have the audacity to call others cucks while IN THE SAME BREATH wishing to be cucked by the Brits or Americans

We acknowledge her as the Queen of Canada. Not the Queen of the United Kingdom. Subtle, but big difference. If you told any Canadian that the UK controlled us just because we share the same Queen, they'd laugh in your face.

Yes. Vive le Canada français.

Yeah i know. But your flag is dogshit though. This flag is the only one that has flown representing Canada that isn't dogshit. I didn't post it to represent British rule over Canada or the Monarch, just as an alternative to your current shit flag.

Absolutely I actually own a red ensign and I display it proudly in my livingroom.

God save the Queen.

The flag symbolizes the washing away of Canada's actual history in favour of an (((inclusive))) symbol which is literally A FUCKING LEAF. My grandfather literally defended my country from maurading Japs under the Union Jack and Southern cross so. My ancestors are all Anglo and our culture is Anglo.

T Aussie in mountains fucking your slut women.

Well I already gave you my answer and I'm sure Canadians, outside of Cred Forums, would largely agree that the old flag is a symbol of British rule over Canada and people would not want it back.

The leaf is a symbol of Canada. The design of the flag is not the best. Frankly, I'd like to see a flag that has the beaver and a leaf. Our coins look fucking amazing but our flag looks like a child made it.

Looks like jew curls.

Yes

I really dislike both flags desu

Would rather see a totally new design.

if it weren't for this I would like the current flag.

the first trudeau destroyed Canada, the globalists have taken over

Nah, I like simple designs. And not having another country's flag on my flag, like a tramp stamp.

The flag isn't dogshit it's the best one Canada has had since you first took over. It's simple, yet iconic because of the recognizable leaf which is why it's the best

All flags with Union Jack, that aren't THE Union jack, are fugly af desu

I live this shit design to Bermuda.

No. The flag is fine the way it is. Easy to recognize and very unique.

If I could, I'd go back to this flag, not the old Cucknada flag.

Fuck Canada. Lying sacks of shit ruined Newfoundland and had to deceive us to even make us consider joining the country. Smallwood is a piece of shit.

in a heartbeat

Dude, I'm a Newfoundlander and it's fucking sad how cucked most men are in Newfoundland. We could not run a successful nation.

You're free to go whenever you want. Newfoundland is absolute garbage.

>fucking sad how cucked most men are in Newfoundland
Get the fuck out of St. Johns.

Definitely. We'll leave and fix the economy you destroyed and won't allow us to fix.

All over the province, lad.

No.

Since the leaf many countries have known to fear the symbol. It brings great despair and butthurt on this board.

Let's find out

strawpoll.me/11340514
strawpoll.me/11340514
strawpoll.me/11340514

That looks so ugly. I'd rather just not have a flag if we picked that.

There's also our old unofficial Tricolour Flag, but it's just pink Ireland.

Yeah Newfoundland you're sure gonna fix shit with your negligible gdp and shitty accents and no production or R&D or anything and all your natives.

The sample won't be representative. It'll be representative of people on Cred Forums

We should cut ties with the British monarchy and make Margaret Trudeau our new Queen

>all your natives.
Confirmed for knowing absolutely nothing about Newfoundland. We genocided and poisoned them all 300 years ago, there's not a single native family that's actually native to Newfoundland on the island.

All the natives you see in our censuses are in Labrador. Useless shit land, too.

Looks feniany

Fuck yes the Red Ensign is so much better looking and besides that it has more meaning, it's the flag Canadians carried into World Wars One and Two.

>A leaf may change colours or his flag
> But he is and will always be a giant fag

if you're still around where did you get it?

Send more tulip pl0x

We saved your ass regarding the birth of Princess Magriet.

>The sample won't be representative. It'll be representative of people on Cred Forums

Good. Because I want you niggers to take the damn Ensign back.

No, no one wants to be associated with the United Cuckdom anymore.

>Britain confused that we are a hybrid of English loyalists and French colonists

You aren't going to get a straight answer, we are conflicted enough already. Québécois will pretend to be "English" and tell Britain off to sabotage our relations and regular posters don't care to begin with.

I would love an ensign flag but it isn't going to happen. We are still largely Anglo but 1/3rd of us are French.

Hell I'm half French and English, I just don't like the fucking leaf and want our old flag back. But kissing the rectum of the "Anglosphere" is autistic as fuck. After all these months of being called the worst country you expect us to be friendly and partake in this popularity contest with you fucks? Kill yourself for roleplaying this stupid shit and expecting us to be "that guy" of the Anglosphere.

I played through Valiant Hearts; The great War and seeing Canada fight under that flag made me really annoyed they changed it.

This is oddly specific, but how do Canadian vets feel about the flag situation?

I personally want the ensign back, and if and when I buy a house I will be flying it, but the problem is most people don't even know what it is. Most modern day Canadians will confuse the Canadian red ensign with the Ontarian or Manitoban red ensigns.

It doesn't have the recognition power to make a true revival.

Obviously fucking pissed. There wasn't even a fucking vote, it was chosen by the largest cuck, named Pearson. He wanted to have better relations with the Quebec separatists and look where that fucking got him, he not only made them hate being part of the country by forcing them to done the retarded leaf design but also mailbox bomb politicians.

It's an old change however so you don't see these vets any more. Nobody cares. But you still see people in certain towns hailing the ensign and so on.

Tbh when I was growing up I Was confused as to why we had so many flags.

Dad, I think you should take a rest. You're sounding senile again

when the change happened in 65' that was one of the key arguments against it. Three groups mobilized to keep the old flag, veterans, loyalists, and conservatives.

Genuinely looks like shit. On par with Australia and New Zealand. No one wants to be cucked with the union jack on their flag.

part of it was pearson and his limpwristed policy of appeasment to quebec nationalism, but part of it was also that Canada was moving towards American hegemony and drifting away from Britain.

if you read george grant's book 'lament for a nation' he explains well how after world war 2 anglo-canadians essentially underwent an identity crisis as Britian's power and influence over Canada declined so severely, and that America was there to fill in, and ultimately they culturally and politically conquered us.

It's not about British 'rule', it was about being part of the greatest empire that ruled the planet until we fucked it up. Your current flag is iconic but looks a bit cucky desu, old flag was prestiges

I think we need a completely new flag design. That german one from the 30's was kind of neat!

>greatest empire
my ass.

People forget how awful Britain treated Canadians. They thought we were just a bunch of "colonial boys" during the great war. They had no respect for us until after WWII. To them, Canada was just their backyard.

Britain's glory was not Canada's glory. Canada's glory was made at Passchendaele, Vimy Ridge, Juno Beach.

>Canadians, outside of Cred Forums, would largely agree that the old flag is a symbol of British rule over Canada and people would not want it back.
Most people in Anglo-Canadian areas that are old or interested enough to even know or care about our flag change would prefer the FAR more historically significant and also more aesthetically pleasing flag.

The reason for it's existence diminished as Canada's demographics were shifting (Ukrainians etc) and the post war years were an age of de-colonialisation for not just Britain but France, Portugal and others.

At least it was traded for an iconic flag.

It's still funny that an American travelling from Calgary to Edmonton uses the Queen Elizabeth highway 250 years after they kicked out the Brits, or maybe that's just my poor sense of humour.

Absolutely, in fact it's my current desktop background.

There's so much history in that flag, all wrapped up to show that we are (or were) a European country with a proud culture.
Now, we're
>A FUCKING LEAF

In all honesty, if we could get a completely new flag design, I would jump on the opportunity immediately.

>They thought we were just a bunch of "colonial boys" during the great war
Some perhaps, but we earned a lot of respect from both British and German winning that glory, and we did win that glory fighting for Britain (and France, which motivated the French Canadians I assume).

To be totally honest, this flag is shit. It's too cluttered and has too much going on in it.

It's a flag with a separate flag within it along with a crest that's made of essentially 5 even smaller flags.

I get why people would like it for the connotations, but I'm speaking strictly about the aesthetics of the flag itself.

>People forget how awful Britain treated Canadians.

Get over yourself. The British government didn't give a shit about working class Brits dying in the wars either.

>My grandfather literally defended my country from maurading Japs under the Union Jack and Southern cross

My grandfather also fought in WWII, but he didn't do it for a piece of cloth, he did it for the people that flag represented, so that they would have the freedom to choose how they lived. Changing a flag doesn't wash away the culture, it reaffirms the freedom that we've created for ourselves.

you're gonna want that connection to england once the race wars begin

>dat hand shaped spork

It looks far better than our current flag.

>The British government was so shit that it didn't even care about its own citizens, therefore citizens of its dominions should feel okay with the fact that Britain treats them like crap

And I'm not talking about war time.

Remember the King-Byng affair? Classic example of British snobbery overriding the affairs of Canada.
You get over yourself. Britain's glory days are over and Canada is independent.

Québécois don't give a single fuck about France because they abandoned us.

Only """"""""artists"""""""''" love France.

t. Québécois

Figures. You nihilist frogs don't care about anything.

Is that for scratching your back?

Take your leaf off Píèrré, we know its you!

But aesthetically, there's nothing wrong with the canadian flag at all.

The problem with the current flag is that it lacks any real symbolism. It's literally just a fucking maple leaf. It's a problem on the other side of the spectrum.

A good flag has both good aesthetics AND important symbolism.

The Truth.

This is pretty aesthetically pleasing, maybe we should have just gone with this

No. I prefer our uncucked maple leaf flag.

They treat us the same way that British officers were treating Canadian soldiers.

Anglos actually saved our culture by protecting us in the confederation as a nation. France did literally nothing for us.

it's gross, you got no taste. no wonder your people has chosen a leaf as symbol oof your country

Dw, you'll be getting something similar soon

shut up, you got the queen on your dumb plastic money

"The Canadian flag displays a red-white-red pattern, with the red symbolizing the Canadian lives sacrificed during world wars and the flag’s white denoting Canada’s peace and tranquility, as well as its neutrality and impartiality among nations. This historic color pattern appeared on Canada’s General Service Medal issued by Queen Victoria."

pretty sure there are other symbolic aspects

wop

top kek. Just replace the 5 stars with 5 leaves and it's good to go

Best flag is right here guys.

literally defending "a fucking leaf"

>tfw being leaf

witnessed.

You flag should be pink, white and brown.

Looks like a particularly disgusting frozen ice cream thing.
Pink is gay as fuck too

What a shitstain. Every flag with the union jack just cropped into the corner is insanely tacky. Canada's current flag is a very aesthetically flag.

seriously? your money look like shit

>I know I'll parrot mindless and low-test memes

literally being a irl manifestation of the burger education meme

All other flags are worthless garbage.

Say the 'x'th scandy country with a Scandinavian Cross on

I'd prefer this flag.

c'mon man, it's just so dumb

and let's not forget that bourbon france created quebec/new france. Quebeckers/french-canadians have nothing to do with post-french revolution republican france.

You would think more quebecois people would start to appreciate things like the quebec act, the separation of Canada into upper Canada and Lower Canada that gave french canadians their own province, the fact that ethnically french upper canadians actually were also founding fathers of modern Canada, etc.

*meant lower canadians

Your flag is shit, senpai. You're venezuela with a leaf stamped on top. That's all anyone will ever see from your flag.

wow that look like the gay version of my flag. canada in a nutshell

It's a tricoloured flag you neanderthal, it doesn't look like shit except three blocks of colours.

>Provincial flags

You fucking dumbass

>the gay version of my flag
But that one has pink, not red.

Stay mad you uneducated lard lunged burger

What is this, the flag for tumblr? It's all pastel and soft. Kill yourself

>lard lunged

>venezuela

A+ amerilard

It's Peru. So fucking lazy you can't even be bothered to look to see if the shit you are posting is correct.

exactly

>mad because his flag is shit

We were extremly Catholic for a long time here. We were conservative until "La révolution tranquille" ruined it.

Media propaganda (yours and us) keep us from working as a team. We have so many ressources here we shouldn't be this poor. I always tought that globalist (burger) were preventing us to achieve that.

We only bants ROC for the kek but in reality we don't hate you.

So you admit your flag is peru with a leaf stamped on top.

Just quit typing. Who are you trying to get rattled up? You are just proving to everyone who glances past your posts but doesn't bother replying that you are a fucking retard.

>inb4 madd leaf?? madddd??

>Independent
>Country

ITT: cucked leafs who have fallen for the fucking leaf meme and actually think the Canadian flag isn't one of the best and most iconic in the world.

You're all a bunch of pussies.

Considering how Americans buy backpacks with Canadian flags whenever they go backpacking across Europe, or anywhere really, just so that they aren't mugged - I would say the Canadian flag is much more loved then yours.

Your words, not mine. You're the one that said your flag is leafized peru

Are you... actually retarded?

And if I went traveling in Zimbabwe, I'd probably smear black shoe polish all over myself as a disguise to prevent getting mugged. Does this also mean niggers are superior as well?

Who cares which one is "loved" more. Success breeds jealousy.

He is american, just ignore him. He will go away after sharting in the mart.

Fug u Pierre

There is nothing wrong with pink

And after I shart in the mart, I wipe my ass with a leafistan flag

>We have so many ressources here we shouldn't be this poor.

congratulations on being the size of the Moon and having more expensive housing than Europe

fuck man I have a total love affair with pre-quiet revolution quebec.

the so called grande noirceure was actually a healthy conservative, rural, religious ethnically french society. The insularity in that era reminds me of apartheid SA. the Quebecois people used to live in their own little insulated paradise along the st lawrence.

At least, the real estate market in Fort McMurray is on fire.

Québec was based before hippies came here and ruined it.

Nice meme but I've never known any American who has ever done that. Then again I dont hang out with pussies. That said Im sure plenty of American cucks like to pretend they are from a cucked country while visiting other cucked countries.

10/10 yes.

This right here.
A flag should not have intricate tiny designs on it.
Might as well just take union jack and write canada on it and call it done.
The current flag is fine.

You're no more independent than us or any other commonwealth country, you fucking retard.

We could change our flag too, it means nothing.
Almost every commonwealth country doesn't include the union jack in their flag.

Fuck of Chang.

absolutly

Wow nice comeback you emotional manchild. But try again when you actually have something relevant to say and not pms over your flag being hated.

New Zealand used to do that

The only thing the Canadian flag is known for is being stitched onto the backpacks of cucked American tourists who want to travel to countries we've fucked without bring confronted

I don't give a fuck anymore do whatever the hell you want.

WE WUZ TRANSFORMERS

The UK probably won't even be a country in 25 years so we'd have to change it again anyway.

>canada in a nutshell

Newfoundland is not cucknada, don't compare us to Cucknada.

The pink represents the Church, by the way.

>literally voted to give up their independence
>not a cuck

newfie "education"

i like this very much

we wuz swiss and shit

>literally voted to give up their independence

Learn your memes you illiterate chink bastard, the poll was rigged, and we were lied to by the Cucknadians. Smallwood sold us out.

Pic related is the ultimate Newfie redpill. If everybody in the province read it, there would be riots and we'd be independent in weeks.

>3 fucking leafs

I think it's funny that our flag is a leaf
taking yourself too seriously is a weakness anyway

They did the same thing to Québec. I will look it up, this seem an interesting books. Thank you maritime bro.

The entirety of Atlantic Canada got fucked over by deceitful cucks, anglos, and jews in Ottawa, essentially.

says you with your shitty stars n stripes. dont get involved when your flag looks like someone shat out a 2 day kebab

>shitty stars n stripes
Sparkles and ribbons

You can't boast a simple design when you are bordered next to the USA. The intricate details and the dark red makes it look bad ass.

We need a war against the Quebecois.

Yes absolutely.

RULE BRITANNIA!

This is what happens when your country stops enforcing laws concerning treason.
And these are the few, loyal to the crown, that actually belong to remain inside of Canadian borders.
Special Historic Mention, to:
And here's to non-Canadians that are going to the firing squads anyways.
And that's just a small sample.

If you didn't want Newfies to hate you, then you could start by stop deceiving us. The only reason we had a confederation with Canada is because the polls were rigged, Newfies were lied to, and Smallwood and Laurent had already planned it out beforehand.

Same thing goes for the Quebecoise. Maybe they'd be more accepting of being Canadian if the Canadians didn't try to genocide them before.

Good post

A variation of this

My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?

Don't give me this 'deception' shit dude as if we're totally innocent in this matter. Newfoundlander are easy to buy off as long as it's welfare or some social programs. I live in rural Newfoundland and the sense of entitlement here is actually out of wack, our province is spending so much yet people around here only care about more government spending so they can benefit, nevermind the government is currently plundering our economy and ruining our future prospects through a high-tax and no spending cut strategy (more or less hanging yourself)

Newfoundland is so fucked because everyone here is entitled and crooked, both the citizens and the public employees and we need bold, fearless leadership whose willing to think for the future generation and cut this gravy train into pieces.

Newfoundland's in the mess it is today because of that transpired in 1949. The isle started to slowly crumble since and it's crumbling even faster.

Yeah, and we chose to join Canada, sure the entire thing is questionable as the U.S was pushed out of even making an offer (thank god)

Newfoundlanders in large part voted for Confederation because of the Baby Bonus they would receive from Canada. Entitlement is ingrained into our culture and we need to stomp it out now.

I don't think we should blame Canada for our situation but we should leave and we should restart and rebuild. Wipe the slate clean starting with the monstrous-sized government we currently have.

>Yeah, and we chose to join Canada
No, the polls were rigged and we were deceived. You really should read pic related in .

meant to respond to

I would make the flag MAGA FOR TRUMP

No we won't. They have a much bigger problem with shitskins than we do.

very nice flags

Absolutely, God Save the Queen.

>being this much of a monarchist cuck
No matter how hard you suck their cocks, you'll never be part of their special club, you know that right?

>implying history is really just that simple

Yeah, I am aware of this idea but a vast amount of people also voted for confederation allowed for such a thing to occur in the first place. 1949 was the clear beginning of the decline of our people and culture because it was the start of entitlement/big government normalization within the province, to the point where today people only care about getting their time and cheating their EI, while grabbing as much other benefits as they can, all the while our government is spending so much on benefits and liabilities that it makes up the vast amount of our debt.

We were dumb and greedy enough to fall for the deception hook, line and sinker. And we have not learned from this lesson at all.

I'm merely saying that people in this province must accept responsibility for their actions, their beliefs and culture. We are no saints either and we're clearly apart of the reason why our province is fucking shit right now.

master race flag

too bad the city of montreal is so cucked and feminized

Shit...double trips...

A FUCKING LEAF

Pic very related

I know you're just a burger, but the leaf flag was chosen by a single pm without a vote and was largely protested against by vets and conservatives right? The ensign is still used today in common households across Canada, but the leaf flag is recognised the most in cities and in international affairs.

anglo countyballs speak proper english dumbass..