Why are textbooks so expensive?

Why are textbooks so expensive?

How do we make textbooks affordable again?

Other urls found in this thread:

gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=65C61A14589C5D272D3187BFAC3F52B3
bookzz.org/
dealoz.com
gen.lib.rus.ec/
amazon.co.uk/Engineering-Mathematics-K-Stroud/dp/1137031204/ref=pd_sim_14_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1WXKBVC1A3XGTACP4GGH
faculty.ccri.edu/joallen/Calculus 8th Ed Textbook/calculus-textbook.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Unless you have problems assigned from the book, never buy the current edition.

are you buying that?

dude what are you doing

>not buying a cheap android tablet and throwing pirated books on it

Jew publishers rewriting them every year to upgrade and improve their propaganda with each year.

gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=65C61A14589C5D272D3187BFAC3F52B3

wow so expensive

because college textbooks are owned by the jew publishing racket

didn't the guy who founded reddit "commit suicide" when he began going against these mafia assholes who run higher education?

It's the code for online access that usually costs the most.

if you need a textbook to learn something as simple as calculus you shouldnt be in school anyway. also why are you buying your own books in elementary school, given that that's the age where you should be taught calculus, i assume its the same in burger land

This.

I have a $40 Android tablet that I use exclusively for text files and textbooks for college.

Reminder that James Stewart is dead

College is one big money scam.

Get used to it.

>he fell for the current year jew

Because jews like to publish new editions every few years under the premise that information renews itself constantly. That way they can charge you full price for a book that came out years ago.

This is complete bullshit by the way.
I can't even illegally read this shit because there's a new version out by the time the previous was uploaded.
Colleges really need that extra 1k per student a year since tuition is so low and affordable.

you join the rest of us and stop buying them and if you do buy any, copy the whole thing and put it up online

Don't they have libraries at your college?

>buying books in the current year
Just pirate them like the rest of us senpai

They only have limited prints and only are sold in university bookshops and to academic libraries for the most part, so yeah they are expensive.
The constant updates and the fact every course always wants the most up to date texts certainly doesnt help.
There is normally a huge amount of second hand texts for private sale though and you can safely ignore the whole edition thing for the most part.

nice cover though

Because textbooks are (((merchandise)))

What are some good online resources for college textbooks?

Nearly every university textbook publisher is run by the same company, so they can fuck us up the ass as much as they want with no repercussion. And the university wont change anything either because they profit just as much as the publishing companies

It's kind of like the pharmaceutical industry

>buy out a company
>then jack up the prices of the books so you can break even with what you spent on buying the company, then make mad profit when you don't change the price afterwards.

and then you sell the book at actual production price in the "international edition" so 3rd worlders will actually buy it.

the pirate bay

Jewery

Buy a tablet, pirate ebooks off libgen

My calc book ten years ago was $400. Looks like the textbook market is crashing.

Get rid of federally-mandated student loans. Tuition and book prices will drop overnight, and the useless majors will get culled.

Only americans have this problem
I got my 2 math books which were published by my math prof for 20 euro
All other books except big ones cost less than 30euro
Morever i can find them all in our library

bookzz.org/
dealoz.com

Look for info on how to pirate kindle books on reddit's piracy board.
/r/piracy calibre kindle

Broad subjects like calculus are a huge market.
They'll easily sell millions of copies.

stop supporting kike professors and their online-only """"""books"""""""

If you can't get a book from Amazon or one of those rental sites, drop the class

>not finding the pdf online
>actually paying for the book
W E W

better yet drop out of the university, its the only way to truly be free of the monetary rape

Because it's a rachet. Don't go to college.

gen.lib.rus.ec

I regret not finding out about this until my junior year of university. It's a god send.

My college does a 'rent a textbook' service for a semester that usually sells them for 50-70 bucks. Not an amazing deal but helpful. Most textbooks where I live sell physically for around 150 bucks. It does add up quickly, but if it's a subject I'm actually passionate about or want to reference for future classics (literature compilations, ancient civilizations, certain aspects of math that tie into programming) I'll shell out the extra money for a physical copy. Textbooks look great on a bookshelf, but I know I'll regret using so much of my already small student loans to cover them.

gen.lib.rus.ec/

Yeah, i had to buy a book this week for $150 for that stupid online code, i already had the pdf of the book but for just the code it was $160 online

Tried and True Road of Jew Method to Jewing people:

1. Purchase a college level textbook that is somewhat related to you major.
2. Rewrite the entire textbook with some slightly revamped wording and completely new questions.
3. Switch around the Chapters a bit
4. Sell to fellow jews at college for 5$/book
5. Jew College sells "Understanding Human Anatomy: Why Cocks Increase Racism - Volume 3" for $70 each

>Buying textbooks.

I've gone through four years of undergrad and 3 years of med school and I haven't bought a book since freshman fall semester.

Most textbooks are bullshit. The ones I've actually needed, I've been able to find free PDFs online.

The whole textbook industry is a fucking racket.

But I need my geology degree so I can look at ricks and laugh at commiefornia and their faults for a living ;_;

a growing number of our classes have stopped using books and instead are using their own material passed out during class or disseminated online

textbook publishers are unknowingly leading themselves towards their own extinction.

What in the name of fuck. How is that so expensive.

Just get this or d/l a free one.
amazon.co.uk/Engineering-Mathematics-K-Stroud/dp/1137031204/ref=pd_sim_14_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1WXKBVC1A3XGTACP4GGH

get a pdf you dumb nigger

This

Pirate, google, kijiji, or straight up rent a book from friends.

Textbooks are just a way for publishers to still stay relevant in a digital era

america

Jews.

I just saved you $50

faculty.ccri.edu/joallen/Calculus 8th Ed Textbook/calculus-textbook.pdf

Thank me later

>textbooks easily cost $200+
>"new" edition each year with no discernible differences
>online access codes that make up a portion of the course mark, cost upwards of $60
>online pdf version of textbook that costs $100 and expires in three months and has no resale value
>quiz apps that you have to pay $50+ for
>case studies that cost $80+

Genocide of the jews in academia when?

Also
>Learning calculus
I hope this is revision and not a lack of understanding of Integration and Derivatives. I mean you learn calculus in year 10-11 in Bongland.

High schools teach calculus but colleges pretty much require you to go through it again unless you take AP test

US 12th year High School -1st year post secondary education usually consists of just writing out taylor series and similar annoying crap.

Depends on the school. Most of the top-rated engineering programs require you to take all math classes at their institution.