Who the fuck holds Allepo right now...

Who the fuck holds Allepo right now? I've been googling this for the past half hour and it's phenomenal how difficult it is to get a straight answer. Is it Al Nusra aka Al Qaeda? Is it the "FSA" whoever the fuck they are? Or is it someone else entirely?

I don't understand, there are plenty of Western aid workers and journalists there, why is there no straight answer on who currently holds the city? Russia says it's radical Islamists, America says it's moderate secular rebels. Does anyone have a good source on this? It's driving me crazy.

Other urls found in this thread:

syria.liveuamap.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatah_Halab
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_Conquest
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what's allepo?

Yes

I spelled it wrong but you know what I'm talking about.

I am not Gary Johnson using a proxy.

syria.liveuamap.com/

Half of Aleppo is held by the Syrian government
One district of Aleppo is held by the Kurds (YPG)
The other half of Aleppo is held by many rebel groups, although the biggest one is Jaish al-Fatah, who receive support from Saudi Arabia and other Gulf Arab states and also help al-Nusra
Honestly, it is basically anarchy in rebel-held Syria, all these groups are rival militias and if they defeated Assad Syria would become like Libya is today

Al Leppo is kill, my dude.

>green includes FSA, Ahar at-Sham and Al-Nusra

Useless. Which group is the majority is what I'm asking.

Majority (green) is Al-Nusra.

al nusrats .

who cares, why anyone would fight over a shitty desertscape is beyond me

That's the whole problem, really: there is now no real distinction between al-Nusra (that is, al-Qaeda) and the FSA. The only real difference is that the US is allowed to admit that it supports the FSA.

Well from the NSA stand point. The majority of FSA and other secular rebels are in fact ISIS. The US wanted to destabilize the Syria and take a chunk of Syria and Northern Iraqi to make a new Kurdistan.
So US aircraft began bombing Assad positions to allow ISIS to push into the area so Kurdish forces can take it back from ISIS. Which is presumed that after Assad falls any Kurdish held territory will be apart of the new Kurdistan and ISIS will be allowed to from a small nation of Sunnis in Syria/Northern Iraq that the Kurds do not have control of.

The short answer from the Syrian War map is half the city is in control by Assad, a small chunk is Kurds, and the FSA has the other half. It appears the FSA are surrounding the Assad forces.
syria.liveuamap.com/

whats allepo ?

western aleppo with 1.5 million people inside has been held by the government for well over a year now
eastern aleppo with 250k people inside is held by the fatah halab, jabhat fateh al-sham and jabhat ansar al-din, all of whom are closely affiliated with nusra
all of the people living in government territory are refugees from the rebel held areas

Well, do you, Israel, want it to become like Libya or a stable country again - probably with Assad in power? What about the allegations in haaretz, that Liebermann is arming and supporting ISIS?

Muslims do. Only distinction that should matter.

Sandniggers

AQI -> ANF -> ISIS -> Jabhat Fateh al-Sham

fun fact: Obama openly supports people operating under their new name, hoping that no one will dig and see that he's literally supporting nuISIS in Syria

I think's it cynical, if you call them FSA. As you said yourself, they are 100% al-Quaeda and this is the case since at least two years. FSA implie le democratic, moderate opposition. A joke, if it ever existed, it's practically gone since at least 4 years.

With that mindset you will only create more terrorists, burger.

I'' having a llepo moment.

Haha don't you have an Imea shed to get back to?

Grow some balls. These people will terrorist anyways. Stop apeasing them like the west did you.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatah_Halab
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_Conquest

There is no answer, because the rebel groups don't operate individually, all of them belong to one or more "operation rooms".

Every day discussions on this board feel more useless. You know nothing and you will go down in ignorance and hatred, taking the world down with you.

They're intentionally made to confuse everyone, better not to get mixed up in trying to figure it out.
It's easier for them to spin whatever story they want out of a clusterfuck of nonsense

Aleppo is Chinaland now.

What is Aleppo?