youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc
youtube.com/watch?v=uKRBIIZa5ds
youtube.com/watch?v=Z4y3PBH8_14
youtube.com/watch?v=yHlo_M1R0Bk
youtube.com/watch?v=0POOCXhl348&index=45
rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-56330884.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's too late.

It used to be a masculine man's profession and they would just build functional and practical structures that looked nice. Now it's all faggot art students who wear fashionable skinny pants and man satchel bags.

Get off your ass and become an architect

I fail too see anything wrong with modern architecture. Please provide objective reasons why there is an issue.

banish the nihilism haunting western civilization
once a war begins it will force whites to return to traditional values such as heroism, bravery, ambition. The new architecture of this post-war era shall reflect this shift.

This.

That building's in London (Elephant & Castle), I used to live pretty near it

It truly is hideous. Definitely the ugliest skyscraper in London.

The next worst is probably the walkie-talkie (pic related) but it's not that bad by comparison.

This, it looks fine. Did you just want plain rectangles?

I'm actually studying to be a structural engineer

Hopefully I'll be able to help keep the architects at whatever firm I work at in line

Let me give you an example:
When Nelson's Pillar in Dublin was destroyed by the IRA it was replaced by a spire. Once a monument revering the heroism and bravery of a great man was transformed into a fucking triangle. That's the essence of nihilism, the essence of modern architecture. Empty, meaningless.
The same could be said to describe the degradation of modern art. Art once celebrated beauty, innocence, bravery, virtues its now just a bunch of incomprehensible scribbles and utter garbage.

>I don't understand it so it's bad

>Hopefully I'll be able to help keep the architects at whatever firm I work at in line

You will kiss the architect's ass and bend over backwards to appease them. You literally work for architects. If they want a Dr. Seuss building like you will place and size the steel beams to keep that Dr. Seuss building from blowing over.

There's nothing to understand.
Are you claiming that modern art has meaning?
Well, high minded concepts, true genius has the effect of incomprehensibility on an imbecile. Now that art has lost its monopoly as something undertaken by the upper eschelons of society and been set free to the rabble it is more economical to just give it the surface appearance of incomprehensibility while having no genuine depth. So I assume you are one of those imbeciles, someone who thinks that because they do not understand it that it must have depth.

I do understand modern art, I understand its nature and context in the collapse of civilization fully. That is precisely why I think it is pure cancer.

>You literally work for architects.
Wrong. We work for who pays for the project

We do the work that is too hard for the architects to manage. Part of the job is literally telling architects to stop bringing retarded ideas to the table when necessary

>There's nothing to understand.
See:
>I don't understand it so it's bad

>The same could be said to describe the degradation of modern art. Art once celebrated beauty, innocence, bravery, virtues its now just a bunch of incomprehensible scribbles and utter garbage.

Pile onto that the fact that the modern art industry is to a large extent nothing more than a money laundering business.

>Oh that blank white canvass? Fucking genius! Auction it off for $1,000,000.

Jesus Christ.

When did Noctua start making electric razors

Quality post

The modern architecture stuff didn't look all that bad back in the early 2000s.

That's when it didn't have the dead pure functionality of the 1960s but neither did it look obscure.

put a hat on it, apparently.

that shit is immaculate.

Architect used to be a respectable profession, but modern day ones are a joke.
Most architecture students nowadays don't even have proper courses on statics, mechanics and material science anymore. It's degenerated to a liberal arts study where you draw pretty concept art and build fancy models from cardboard.
So it's no surprise that nobody expected the outcome of building a 500 feet tall focusing lens.

Modern architecture is marvelous especially examples like OP..really stunning expressions of human genius. What do you prefer?

>Be in London
>Get melted

It's English people complaining that it's hot, which means it's like 70 degrees or so.

>over budget
>behind schedule
>shoddy construction
>it fucking leaks
>will need to be replaced sooner than neighbors will need repairs
welcome to jewish values

Other London skyscrapers aren't that bad though. Here's "The Cheesegrater" which I think looks quite cool

And yes, many of our skyscrapers have retarded nicknames. "The Gherkin" obviously is another.

Very true. I know a guy who did architecture at The Bartlett (UCL's architecture school, quite prestigious, but very, very liberal artsy fartsy). Actually I also know another guy who did postgrad there. Neither of them have gone onto be proper architects as far as I know. The first guy became a school teacher in design/tech. The second guy is still a student I think.

They're both cool guys but the first one is very artsy fartsy, and the second guy used to make very cool, elaborate models, but I always wondered what the fuck they had to do with architecture, because they weren't buildings. They were just given loads of projects to do of designing things like machines - things that aren't buildings.

The issue of modern architecture is the same one of it's weird cousin brutalism. Those buildings are simply unfinished. With some interesting use of technology they could be made better. Think of them as an drawing someone gave up on and went along as is

Or you could stop cherry picking and showcase some better examples of contemporary architecture.

Case in point.

fucking ugly

This is 'Modern Architecture' and It's a very well designed building.

Calatrava usually brings his A-game to most his projects.

Why? It's nice and fancy.

Unfortunately Norman Foster's 2 WTC design was scrapped for an uglier design.

Hey that's in my city, Milwaukee!

Skidmore, Owings and Merill did a great job with the 1 WTC.

ugly as fuck

I actually live in Milwaukee myself.

Here's SHOP architects latest tower to go up in Brooklyn.

>another phallus

i approve

Holy shit, is the Serbian flag a pokeball?

LOL the MAM is generally regarded as a world class building, almost out of its league for Milwaukee. The public reception has been almost nothing but positive for it.

>not posting the greatest

I lived across the street from that building a for year.

post cool designs

Reconstruction is the only answer

Checked and Keked

That's the good thing about tall buildings, their very nature triggers feminists

Post some beautiful brutalist buildings, Cred Forums!

>The public reception has been almost nothing but positive for it.

i find that very very very hard to believe

Not of Cred Forums's standards of course, but if you want something "cool" or at least disjointed, try Libeskind.

Norman Foster is one of the better ones.

>brutalist
>beautiful

Choose one

Why is when the US decides to build something original, it always breaks or deemed unsafe?

Mexican labor

That looks pretty cool 2bh, but if that bottom part is an existing building (which I assume it is) then they are defiling an old building and fuck that

If the whole thing is a new build then that would be quite cool actually. Juxtaposition of traditional architecture and modern.

>unique is good

Define beauty.

I do quite like The Shard, simple, gets the job done

I actually like these ones. It evoques birds, meaning eagles. And eagles are based.

This is actually the good thing to do. They kept the old building and added a building with the shape of a boat on top, which is justified since Antwerp is the second largest port in Europe.

Looks pretty dystopian senpai
I like the egg-shaped building closed to Tower of London. (or somewhere in that area, don't remember)

And in addition to being delayed for 5 years and costing billions of dollars.

Probably because you don't go down there every other weekend and see hordes of tourist ignoring every other part of Milwaukee to just get a picture in front of it or a marriage going on every so often.

>wow isn't it amazing!!!!
>incredible!!!

You're out of your league son, step down before you hurt yourself LOL.

Hngg, that light is sweet as fuck.

maybe...

Looks like Orthanc from The Lord of the Rings.

You're thinking of 30 St Mary Axe in London, designed by Norman Foster.

>that dryad
id give her the wood desu

Cool. I like his Turning Torso he designed for Malmö.

Too bad the rest of the city is SHIT

Yes.

beauty is heavily subjective

you see, i compare one's taste in buildings with taste in women. The ones who love fat women will like extremely overdetailed ridiculous buildings. The ones who like skinnier women will like more bland buildings

a new religion.

pic related is atheist art

while pic related is theist art

please, someone, I want you to explain to me how objective beauty (even objective reality or free will) exists without a god.

atheist art

>(inb4 someone says 'this is actually good because the technology used to make it is amazing)

Yes. Thanks.

>literally a giant stair step

ANNDDDD theist art

It's called The Gherkin. No one calls it "30 St. Mary's Axe" apart from the developers.

>someone thought this would be a baller idea

why the fuck is everyone putting these fucking hats on peoples pictures. or am i fucking hacked? Wtf is going on.

>wow it's so beautiful because we have the technology to make it look like this, which makes it beautiful in and of itself

once again atheists prove that humans HAVE to worship something, have to believe in something, and atheists can worship nothing other than their own buttholes

not to say that I wouldn't worship a tight aryan girls butthole, but only as something I will later destroy.

pic related
atheist art

Visual patterns evoke a chemical release in your brain that evokes awe.

Yes. I'm so fucking pissed about it. The worst is that FOX news came in, wanted large floor plans which called for a redesign (which is perfectly fine) then backed out at the last second and Larry fucking Silverjew kept the redesigned one.

I have another atheist art example that is similar to yours.

pic related

Oh right. That was the name.

Weird to see that in new zeeland instead of middle of stockholm.

You're truly a fucking idiot. There's nothing wrong with the Strata SE1

Every brain has separate neural-cognitive patterns and connections, so you still made art subjective. Also if what you were saying was true, then my pictures wouldn't be considered beautiful now because of atheism, yet there they are, being worth millions of dollars. How does it feel knowing that 10 working years of your life aren't even worth a giant sculpture of literal shit?

NEXT

pic related, theist art. How unenlightened it is huh

>literal shell/bullet

This one is pretty cool though. When approaching it on the highway the glass wall looks paper thin with a big box on top.

it just means that the degeneracy is spreading (and so is the atheism, wow how weird)

wait, why is poland catholic and they still appreciate traditionally beautiful art?

must be a coincidence.

pic related, more atheist art.

please note: no I am not a christian. I think this piece would actually be pretty nice, if it was made to be beautiful instead of oh so edgy

Apparently it was Scandic hotel Victoria and not Kista Science Tower.

A lot of modern buildings look like but ass but to be honest I really like how the new world trade tower looks. I don't know why it gets so much hate.

The response from the art is objective moron, not the art itself. It's a response that has evolved over many eons of visual stimuli to craft the human brain into finding pleasure from patterns, shapes, etc.

I like it. But would look better without the ugly af spire on top.

Yes there is, it looks fucking horrible.

It is very useful for navigating around London though.

>Fix it
What needs fixing?

If someone wants to make a building in a specific way, they have the money for it and it's not unsafe, why shouldn't they be able to make what they want?

It doesn't fit in with NYC's traditionalist skyline. There's no thought or originality to it, it makes it look like every other 21st century market hub.
It's a fine looking building but it's not the one that deserves to be in place of the WTC

The point at the top looks bad

this one is pretty cool

stop cherry picking faggot, no one cares about your agenda

>I don't know why it gets so much hate.
Because they fucked up the original design due to budget cuts
The base and the spire look like shit because of it

The most ironic thing about preferring the old WTC design is that it was what a lot of people critiqued modern architecture for. Literally just a hulking behemoth that went straight up for over one thousand feet with no changes in patterns besides the top and bottom. A monolithic slab that made a prominent mark on the NYC skyline for better or worse.

Then it's replaced with a much more iconic design, something with a bit more coherence and definition, something to analyze and people are up in arms because it's LE DIFFERENT!!1!1!1!!!1

Provided it doesn't get knocked down again, I think it'll do a good job several decades down the road.

back to r*ddit newfag

Top kek

I loved this design, the new one is such garbage.

>Beauty is subjective
This single ideology ruined our entire culture. It's a cancer of the modern world and needs to die off.

>So many people want to demolish it
>Overbuilt so much that it would take a nuke to destroy it.

>Beauty is objective
Different cultures and human brain processes would like to have a word with you.

chuckled

The spire was removed due to yes, budget cuts but also the fact that the radome material would be difficult to maintain year round.

The base's original prismatic shape was already built and just needed the glass prisms for the facade, but the designers had a difficult time working out the aesthetics and functionality for it to work. The building looked better with both of them added, but I think the main part that's most visible, the building itself, is nicely done.

Looks like a tumor growing out of the old building

>over budget
>behind schedule
>glorified shopping mall

Heh, I see my girlfriend's apartment in that rendering

I like how Ingels keeps referring to it like it's "a gateway to lower Manhattan"

There are like, 3 blocks of Manhattan south of the WTC

>tfw the city gets all the cool skyscrapers
>tfw work at canary wharf, all the skyscrapers are boring as fuck

The only one that is vaguely appealing to me is the Yale School of Arch. and even then that's a stretch.

It's like a dildo.

You'll be amongst the first to the ovens, you rancid swine.

Can you believe those bankers in Britain were going to repaint it white?

I studied architecture in college before switching to my current field of mechanical engineering. Can confirm that architecture doesn't teach shit about any science, it's an Arts degree now. The only reason buildings stand is because structural engineers get hired to make it work, but the architect ultimately gets to drive his conceptual design.

As a used-to-be architecture student, I'm sorry to burst your bubble but you will be complying with architects' demands most if not all the times. Your job is to make their designs realistic, and whenever you submit a design back and the architects get angered by you changing their design, boy are you going to have a lot of fun...

>I dont like it, lets destroy it
You are literally one step away from ape like barbarism. Nigger quality.

Whats appealing to one culture may not be appealing to another, this goes for almost everything ranging from food to the human body, and has changed over time everywhere you look.

brutalist buildings are the shit

>over budget, behind schedule, shopping mall

How does this make the design bad? This is a form thread, not a function thread.

Canary Wharf was developed mostly in the 70's/80's, when developers just wanted to get the damn thing up and not worry about aesthetics. ]

I feel the City of London does a good job at creating an "identity" skyline, something recognized on an International level, even if the buildings itself are questionable.

All these buildings piss me off as an engineer. Beauty lies in functionality. Don't do shit just to make it look "pretty" and be more expensive.

Like look at this shit Unless those are some fancy solar panels it's a stupid fucking waste. God I hate waste

One Canada Square is cool pham

Also you guys are getting a sick crossrail station

What do you do, some high flying banking analyst or something?

That looks like a shitty computer case.

r8 this church

How does LEAF architecture go from this...

why all beauty in the west has to go back to greek faggotry? Renaissance architecture imo is overrated. gothic and christian inspired architecture has much better aesthetics.

It's not broken.

Probably ugliest building in Stockholm.
It's basically postal office HQ.

to THIS?!?

It's beautiful, it looks like something straight out of a dystopia movie.

To be fair Crossrail Place is pretty sweet. The tube station is cool too. I'm doing credit risk analysis.

The architects design what the client wants, if an engineer sends back a design that is "drasticly changed," the architects will keep on resubmitting similar ideas or will argue with the engineers until they budge.

The client is going to more than likely favor design over anything else, and they will most of the time agree with architects.

no uniformity to it at all
3/10

How does that prove anything at all? If you look at all ancient cultures, while different in appeareance they're all rooted in similar traditional values.

Reminder that RAMSA is doing God's work.
Okay, then we can talk about how Calatrava is a one trick pony. He already built the WTC transit hub as the attachment to the Lyon airport.

Turn a Nickel upside down, its Monticello

Architecture student here here.

Architects deal with the design, making the building look good, work for the client, and function as a building on a pragmatic level. They make sure the doors are where they need to be, hallway width is appropriate, traffic flow throughout building is taken care of, etc.

Engineers deal with making sure the building doesn't collapse, but to be fair a registered architect has to take into consideration building loads, joints, stresses, etc.

The two work together and often bounce ideas off each other to make the building work on both levels.

That being said, architecture professors are some of the most annoying, pretentious pricks to walk the face of the Earth.

The MAM is, once again, very well received by the public.

I'm still mad about this.

What's wrong with modern architecture? I like it.

>beauty is heavily subjective
>Define beauty.

>muh relativism

this is inside

why do you want uniformity?

>one trick pony

lol wut

easy, just reintroduce classic architecture, picrelated

i want to put that in my butt

A fucking tumor

Modern architecture is fine.

It's that outdated old architecture that needs to be massively improved, pic related.

youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc

Fix the degeneracy. Once western values are instilled back into art, architecture will follow suit.

>zaha hadid
>taking old buildings and hamfisting modern works into them

Can't say I like people doing this.

Is that the WTC station? I went there for the first time three days ago. It was so white and bright, I thought it was heaven. High end shops in there, too.

anyone recognize this from gran turismo besides me?

>architects that build modernist stuff on top of older buildings
they should hang on the day of the rope

>muh skeletal structure
>muh dramatic arch
Face it, Santiago. You've been ripping off cities across the world for years and now that the transit hub boondoggle is over, people are beginning to see the con for what it is. In a few years you'll be out of work and living in a one room apartment.

short documentary about the building:
youtube.com/watch?v=uKRBIIZa5ds

"Oops, can't have anything traditional because it might make people angry!"

Bulldoze all of the cunts and replace it with neo-Classical and neo-Byzantine architecture.

i like uniformity. nothing else to it really.

>trying this hard to find shit to get mad at and blame liberals for

"So much better now! :^)"

>my god, it even has stretch marks

>It looks like a Japanese temple

To be fair, he's been in the game for 2 decades and developers should see this coming. If his work wasn't worth the price tag developers would stop looking for him long ago.

one of the most influential buildings for modern architecture: Mies van der Rohe - Barcelona Pavilion
short documentary: youtube.com/watch?v=Z4y3PBH8_14

How does this make you feel?

All of his work is bought and paid for by cities. They're not private developers looking for new buildings. They're not on the hook for the bill, they can just pass it on to the taxpayer.

Glasgow's modern architecture is fucking meme-country. We've got the big silver armadillo, the big silver egg and the big silver orange wedge all within a few hundred meters of each other. Shame coz our classical stuff is top notch.

Lol wtf.

How cone extensions to older buildings are always so ugly?

brutal Toronto leaf

Tax payers should stop electing shit city administrators that pass off these kind of projects then.

I don't think the spire looks too bad. The base definitely could be better.

I think it fits well with the other buildings. It's massive compared to the older buildings around it and it shows how things have changed in NYC over the decades.

What was the original design?

I hope Cred Forums doesn't fall for the Brutalism meme.

Not all modern architecture is bad you pricks

Needs more arches

No greater sin when it comes to modern architecture. It's like a tumor protruding from the original building that's just begging for death.

why

i don't like all brutalism. i'll agree with you, the trellick tower (sadly the face of brutalism) looks like a shit. but the barbican is what i want heaven to look like.

WHY

Looks cool. Absolutely haram though. It looks like it doesn't even serve a purpose, just a weird cage like cancerous growth.

constructivist might be better

>tfw I work in architecture and never bought into Cred Forumss whole spergout over this stuff

There's plenty of shit out there but there's been plenty of shit throughout all of history, there's nothing new about this other than there hasn't been enough time yet for the stuff not worth saving to get bulldozed and replaced. Modern architecture and fascism have already been demonstrated as compatible anyway, Hitler wasn't the solitary be all and end all of the ideology.

Optical Glass House by Hiroshi Nakamura & NAP
youtube.com/watch?v=yHlo_M1R0Bk

>Denver

My nigga. I'm actually pretty fond of the Wells Fargo Building.

The skyline is like twice as large now, tho. 12, maybe 13 skyscrapers have Gone up in the past 5 - 6 years. 2 went up down town this year alone.

i was just thinking about this, i went there in march this year. Pretty fun art inside though, played a guitar tree, drum igloo, and accordion pillar

"So, what are you looking for in expanding your building?"
"I want it to look like our office is having a steel prolapse."

architects build shit for other people. it is the other people who think they want dumb shit

It makes me feel like building a wall

>cloak active

The problem with that building is that it clashes with the landscape around it. The building itself isn't bad but looks ugly and out of place. Swedish architecture in the 1800/1900s is beautiful, too bad you guys don't keep doing that.

The architects were hired because they know what to build and how to build it. You're job is to fall in line with the design and make it happen their way.

>ITT: people who think architecture doesn't actually involve engineering

You're paid to make their building happen. If the company wanted another person to influence the design they would hire another architect. You're input will mostly consist of "feasible," "difficult but doable," and "not feasible."

>barbican
Just discovered this. Pretty nice.

>mfw modern art is literally all based either on sex organs or on bowel movements

and people say that atheists don't worship their own assholes haha

It's good we don't do that frankly. We have one of the worst housing bubbles in the world. We NEED to build more skyscrapers but all attempts at building them gets overturned in court by stupid politicians.

Turning Torso I agree turning torso is out of place. In a couple of decades it will hopefully be better.

You must be joking.
I immediately had laugh after see that dying bird or whatever it is supposed to represent.

Return to teachings of Frank Lloyd Wright

(((Louis Kahn)))

it's not my agenda, it's true

>mfw atheists think they're so fucking smart because they only trust in 'science'
>mfw science says that it is neurologically impossible to not have spiritual tendencies, unless your brain is completely void of serotonin, and if it is, you are depressed

>mfw I do this

A
THE
ISM

You could probably do a strike, refuse to use really ugly videos, get some picket signs to tell people to not use the building and for what reasons, and when it is drained of it's income the landowner will have to demolish it and put up a big aesthetic dildo instead. That is how we SJW's will erect dildo's around the city.

Those pictures of people on the sides of the building make it look bad. At least it's better than most modern buildings today. Then again it might be completely hollow like a good bit of Best Korea buildings.

>Defending professional asspull

Classical Revivalism.

Schools lean towards teaching this modernism junk so it would have to be a grassroots classical revivalism.

There is enough information on the internet, start collecting it for future generations of architects.

>now comes with a conveniently-placed cuckshed on every floor!

>videos

I meant buildings, sorry I have a brain tumor and I think I also had a stroke and fucked up. Sorry, won't do it again.

High explosives or airliners, your pick

Jesus Christ. This is not good architecture. This looks like a microscopy of E.coli.

you think an architect designed your cookie cutter house?

You're house was likely "designed" by a team of contracted engineers to make something liveable but profitable that can be made in a short enough time to save money. It was part designed by lawyers who made sure it satisfied all legal requirements like building codes and zoning.

I work in this building, it's beautiful inside and out. I think they did a great job.

you must build on the creep

To be clear I mean the Hearst building, not 432 Park

>how would you like your century old museum famalam?
>you know the fortress of solitude?
>say no more

the incorporation of greenery and water to the barbican really gets me. it's just so pretty. the constant grey skies of London also add to the atmosphere.

From what I can gather, it's the vaporwave of architecture

You are comparing a church and a condo is Mississauga?

Also nothing wrong with Marylon Monroe tower. One of the better modern buildings.

>there will NEVER be a more awe-inspiring and moving form of architecture than gothic

Prove me wrong

My good friends dad did work at 432 Park, all the concrete.

you can tell whatever architect designed this has jerked off over a lot of mutilated rib cages

what is that supposed to mean?

Destroy all those horrible soulless pieces of shit and erect some nice traditional buildings instead

how to ruin the new york skyline 101

I hope everybody that thinks anything that was designed after 1918 can be called architecture will be killed on the day of the rope.

>Prove me wrong.
The Baroque/Rococo movement.

isn't that the building that took 700 years to build?

Brutalism is so demoralizing, they look like prison complexes in some comic book future dystopia.

What a horror show.

That's awesome. Was he personally doing it? That thing has to have a mighty impressive core.
I'm really enjoying this current wave of huge buildings coming up.

It captures the vaporwave aesthetic in building form.

fucking gross

Is it in london where theres a building that directs sunlight like a magnifier? Seriously hows this shit allowed?

We're having a total Kike invasion. Take your architecture back to the Frankfurt school where it belongs.

>tfw you have to cherry-pick the art of people that have been dead for 100s of years because modern Christians are barely capable of pic related

I didn't know they finished Op's dildo.

My arts course completion work was the Spire.
I added a dragon on top to look cool, got the best grade.

>awe-inspiring
>moving

they didnt build it that long ..construction was on hold
youtube.com/watch?v=0POOCXhl348&index=45

Forgot to mention, my roommate's dad installed windows on the original WTC buildings. Pretty cool.
I like it, I think there are much worse things on the skyline. Pretty much any of Trump's towers, One57, the big black Mount Sinai box on the UES.

Architecture is at best engineering lite

Everything an architect works with has already been figured out and is doable in a computer program

Structural engineers have a literal legal obligation to understand all the nuances of what they are doing. They cannot just let a computer program figure out the lighting or whatever for them
Even mechanical and electrical engineering with buildings is far more involved than architecture

>tl,dr: I'm smart and you are not.

This is a building for a Deus Ex mission. It just screams dirty secrets and orwellian nightmare.

there's some gothic cathedral that took like 700 years but i can't remember it. it's a very pretty building tho. reminds me of secret world.

Trump's towers look fine, and the building is pretty much a minecraft tower. And it so tall and thin compared to all the other buildings around it it's just horrible looking.

As a D&D player, I like it.

Also, have the Eiffel Tower as it was intended from the beggining.

Nobody takes brutalism seriously anymore

Thanks for the cancer, modern architecture

The Trump towers are gaudy and uninspired. I think in comparison 432 Park seems reserved and elegant.

Where's that building from?

>but there was a lack of tools or software that could be used to analyse the problem accurately

I refuse to believe this

I can see why one wouldn't like the NYC trump towers but thinking the 432 tower is better? I just don't understand it. I do like the Trump tower here tho.

I think this building is great in the way it was constructed. I was working at Crown House Technologies during the time the modular tables were being made for the services risers - the big yellow frames. Brilliant way of doing things.

We are slowly coming to this.

San Francisco has some nice buildings to bad it's full of retarded libs

>Argentina

Shit taste all over.
Still shitty. Nothing has changed.

Yeah I do like the Vegas one.
My initial reaction to 432 was hostile but I don't know, I think walking around it and getting a sense of the proportions and ratios changed my attitude.

Why can't shit just be simple anymore

triggered

You are asking for the Argentina copypasta you literal nigger.

I think that's pretty cool though

Though this would be better

I'm more triggered by the decadent landscape below it tb-h f-am

T H I C C

guess they wanted the tumor title in senses

>Wanting to destroy ugly, modern, faggoty looking buildings makes you a nigger.

>tfw atheists are BTFO when a minor work by a literal who becomes a meme so powerful that it breathes life into a towns economy more so than a good restoration ever could

Praise the Lord and his mysterious ways

Its cost as well.

Its all well and good when we can spend 50+ years working on the same building while paying the tradesmen who built them significantly more than we do to day. Pax Deo medieval lords payed an unskilled worker 1 penny for 4 hours of work in england, equivalent to $120 today. Of that daily wage, 10% was tithed to a church, and he was legally bound to purchase certain items, such as arms and armor in case of war. Other than that, he was free to do with it what he pleased. More often than not he joined a guild and payed a little bit of his wage to learn from a master craftsmen and learn a valuable trade. Those groups of craftsmen would police themselves. All those arches were put in by men, and as proof of their workmanship would stand underneath the arch while the forms were taken away. If he did his job correctly, the arch stood. If not, it fell down onto him and he got what he deserved.

Even with all the modern technology, we literally cannot build the great building we once did. We are in so much debt that it would be morally wrong for us to do so when austerity and simplicity must be followed to generate the wealth needed for the bureaucratic mechanisms and infrastructure to function properly. Thats the culture of pride that most Americans want to bring back, but cannot because their livelihood is being robbed by the modern noble and clergy that refuses to take care of the worker like the ones of the so called 'dark ages.'

We have to culturally change and start practicing good personal accountability before we can ever expect beauty and pride to return again. We deserve this mess, we can either accept the situation and implement austere measures to get over it, or kick the can that is our debt and social troubles to the next generation like so many before us. MAGA

W H Y

liberated

mfw Cred Forumstards think they know something about art and architecture and therefor have the right to criticise gifted iq architects who literally make millions planning these buildings. holy kek
of course you all could do better kek

There's nothing wrong with modern architecture. It isn't the Renaissance anymore, faggots. No more Roman columns.

>Contructivism
>Not batshit insane

rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-56330884.html

>ywn

lol i had the same thought

its in the eye of the beholder

it makes me feel like they are so shit that they have to spread their shit to things that still are pure.

Like how jews want to make goy children transgenders.

>immediately looks like the location of one of my last dreams
>fuck it, this meme magic and shit, I'm gonna check the surroundings too see if they are the same outskirts/commercial area
>they are

and then this what the fuck Cred Forums????

It's not the first time I think I've seen places in my dreams before seeing them irl.

It weirdly enough probably converted some people to Christ because it got people thinking about divine will in a new way.

A FUCKING PC TOWER

>45 floor residential building in the middle of downtown Dallas
>owned by Police & Fire Pension
>barely hit 50% occupancy after 3+ years
>sun glare blazes nearby museum's garden every day

This thing's a fucking mess. How can people not think about the sun when developing it. Cheapest condo goes for ~$1.5 mil

my sides, fukken saved

>No more roman columns

Pretty sure that's the building.

It'd be pretty cool if you could make a thermal solar plant out of a building like that.

Was this a mistake?
>Building started 1882
>Estimated completion 2026-2028

I forgot picture reeee

I can literally see two mosques in that picture

You would recognize them, wouldn't you :^)

Somehow reminds me of wh40k