Is there any white scientist or mathematician

that has an intellectual level of Ramanujan?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_von_Neumann
ratemypoo.com
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigori_Perelman
youtube.com/watch?v=GxJiZrZ5-bg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ngq5R9IGhfY
timesofisrael.com/ashkenazi-jews-descend-from-350-people-study-finds/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Ramapoojan

anyone who can poo in loo

anyone?

Newton?

there's at least 20 better mathematicians who are white i can think of

grothendieck
euler
gauss
hilbert
...the list goes on

Newton or Gauss, but Ramanujan was a smart son of a birch.

OP is a retard, but I wouldn't necessary call any of those better than Ramanujan. Of course Gauss and Euler were far more influential and productive, but at that level it's quite impossible to say who is better than who.

oh and throw in based jonny for good measure en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_von_Neumann

Known for
Abelian von Neumann algebra
Affiliated operator
Amenable group
Arithmetic logic unit
Artificial viscosity (a numerical technique for simulating shock waves)
Axiom of regularity
Axiom of limitation of size
Backward induction
Blast wave (fluid dynamics)
Bounded set (topological vector space)
Carry-save adder
Cellular automata
Class (set theory)
Decoherence theory (Quantum mechanics)
Computer virus
Commutation theorem
Continuous geometry
Direct integral
Doubly stochastic matrix
Duality Theorem
Density matrix
Durbin–Watson statistic
Game theory
Hilbert's fifth problem
Hyperfinite type II factor
Ergodic theory
EDVAC
explosive lenses
Lattice theory
Lifting theory
Inner model
Inner model theory
Interior point method
Mutual assured destruction
Merge sort
Middle-square method
Minimax theorem
Monte Carlo method
Normal-form game
Pointless topology
Polarization identity
Pseudorandomness
PRNG
Quantum mutual information
Radiation implosion
Rank ring
Operator theory
Operation Greenhouse
Self-replication
Software whitening
Standard probability space
Stochastic computing
Subfactor
Von Neumann algebra
Von Neumann architecture
Von Neumann bicommutant theorem
Von Neumann cardinal assignment
Von Neumann cellular automaton
Von Neumann constant (two of them)
Von Neumann interpretation
Von Neumann measurement scheme
Von Neumann Ordinals

The smartest living mathematician is a Japanese man

white boys BTFO

Lots. What made Ramanujan such a surprise and so refreshing was his uniqueness, not his brilliance. Math quietly progresses in brilliant discoveries everyday, and mathematics is filled with the greatest minds on the planet, nobody cares when they are white because people expect whites (and asians) to do genius shit

Without getting too historical:

Andrew Wiles
Alan Turing
Riemann
Gauss
Euler
Godel
Grothendieck

All better than Ramanujan.

ramanujan could barely handle the rigour of proofs

he was great at autistically investigating numbers sure, but he also had a lot of results that turned out to be wrong, and dying early doesn't help his case

Gauss, Newton, Wiles, Euler, Euclid, Arquimedes, Hilbert,... the list goes on. But I like Ramanujan a lot, hindus are bro tier.

I have been a fan of bbc for a while, but I've only been able to enjoy it twice. For me it's been all about giving the black man what he deserves, to see the white man taken down a peg and have himself elevated.

Both times, I loved thinking about my racist ass family (going back generations) and what they would think if they knew their son/grandson would be on his knees with his lips wrapped around a black man's cock.

Even more so, if they knew their white male relation spread his legs for a black man. I come from anal stimulation quite easily, and I wish my racist dad and grandpa knew that two black men had given me an anal orgasm while I lay on my back like a woman and begged them to fuck me harder.

One word

Gauss

smartest? Don't know, I like him very much tho

dude looks like a fuckin savage

There's also Grigori Perelman and Andrew Wiles. Also a ton of lesser known, but great mathematicians.

I also believe that the record of most mathematicians pro capita goes to France. They also have the most Fields medals.

also I think Wiles is still alive

he's half white american

How dumb do you have to be to think that the sum of all positive integers is equal to -1/12

Perelman bro also

post source

Erdös.

wtf, that must be the most intelligent man that ever lived on this planet. fucking kikes...

Quite smart actually.

It's an interesting result with some implications in pure math. But I think he wasn't the first to notice that, would bet that Euler already knew that shit(he knew everything).

>citation needed

ratemypoo.com

>I have been a fan of bbc for a while

Same here.

POO

that's one of the most disgusting things i have ever read. holy shit.

he even helped win WW2

>If you say why not bomb them tomorrow, I say why not today? If you say today at five o' clock, I say why not one o' clock?

You should see the lists for Euler and Gauss.

>so intelligent
>doesn't solve poo problem in his country

Lvovian school of mathematics. Here, get saged fagot.

He looks like a first gen android. Like early in the game when we're still kind of in the uncanny valley.

Delete this! How dare you question the superiority of God's own people over some street-shitting rapists?

You guys realize that Grothendieck, von Neumann, Perelman, and Erdős were Jews, right? Since when does Cred Forums consider Jews to be white?

Also, mathematician here in a top 10 PhD program. Ramanujan was outstanding, and anyone doubting that in this thread has no idea what they're talking about.

Cred Forums is not a single person. Besides, most Cred Forumsacks would agree that Ashkenazi Jews have the highest average IQ. Most Cred Forumsacks would also agree that Ashkenazis are white.

Kurt Cobain effect.

Rama was pretty good, but he wasn't smart enough to hire someone to import and cook him Indian food, or get vaccinated.

> tfw you know the world would be a different place if Ramanujan was still alive

;_;

Ashkenazi jews are white you obtuse cocksucker

1) Cred Forums does not usually consider Ashkenazi Jews to be white.
2) Regardless of what Cred Forums thinks, Ashkenazi Jews have been scientifically proven to have middle eastern origins. They have some European admixture, but they still cluster as a distinct ethnic group with middle eastern origins.
3) Regardless of whether Cred Forums thinks Ashkenazi Jews are white, Cred Forums does not like Jews. So I find it ironic that they are being promoted in this thread.
4) Most Cred Forumsacks would not agree that Ashkenazi Jews have the highest average IQ. The average Cred Forumsack response to that claim would be "muh conspiracy."

I guess aryabhatta. Way ahead of his time

>Cred Forums does not usually consider Ashkenazi Jews to be white.
Cred Forums is not one person

It effectively is. It's a hive mind.

WE

White, I don't know. Lots of Jews though.

Terry Tao

I like Jews, I consider Ashkenazis to be intelligent, and I know that Ashkenazis are almost 100 % European. I also know that they have a tiny semitic heritage.

Also ur a fagget

well there's clearly disagreement going on at the moment, so maybe you should rethink your position on that

Dravidians > north indians

dravida stronk

Newton, hands down.

All the kikes and street shitters got nothing on Mr. Calculus

I don't know, maybe the guy who sat in a room and invented modern Calculus and Physics by himself

Ramanujan isn't even as good at math as this dude

>leaks

Gottfried Leibniz?

maybe check wikipedia first dumb nigger.

There are always minor disagreements on Cred Forums, I'm well aware. Minor disagreements do not threaten the integrity of the hive mind. Just ask Cred Forums what it thinks of Trump if you doubt me.

They do not have a "tiny Semitic heritage." They are mostly Semitic with a small European admixture: "The proportion of male genetic admixture in Ashkenazi Jews amounts to less than 0.5% per generation over an estimated 80 generations."

I've grown around whites, but I don't consider Jews to be white. They're a magnitude smarter.

Yes he is.

It's hard to grade mathematicians of today with the past.

"Past research found that 50–80 percent of DNA from the Ashkenazi Y chromosome, which is used to trace the male lineage, originated in the Near East."

Etc.

The birthday hat on Rama is pretty entertaining.

>intelligent
>wanting to go back to his country

Middle eastern is white

While autists cream themselves over this, I think it just shows that there are serious flaws when you base your argument around infinity. The concept of infinity (more specifically, infinite series) and its manipulation is highly elusive and very hard to check against with our intuition; yet intuition is not always reliable, either.

To me, results are valid when they are computable. I have yet to see a function that sums up an arbitrary number of positive integers and yields anything that would make you seriously consider -1/12 as its limit.

people overrate euler,gauss etc. so much because those are the people they "teach" at school in most curriculums in the world

most of their accomplishments are very basic stuff while ramanujans results are much harder to comprehend

much of which has yet to be proven

Oy vey en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigori_Perelman

"White" is an unscientific sub classification of Caucasian. We wuz Arabs and sheit.

In reality thought western European is he most successful Caucasian group.

Neither of you know what the statement 1+2+3+...=-1/12 actually means.

Of course 1+2+3+... is a divergent series, so it does not have a sum in the standard sense.

What the statement "1+2+3+...=-1/12" actually means is that the zeta function, which is the unique analytic continuation of the function \zeta(s)=1^{-s}+2^{-s}+3^{-s}+... has \zeta(-1)=-1/12.

The fact that \zeta(-1)=-1/12 IS computable.

In conclusion, you're both uneducated tards.

>On 18 March 2010, it was announced that he had met the criteria to receive the first Clay Millennium Prize[4] for resolution of the Poincaré conjecture. On 1 July 2010, he turned down the prize of one million dollars, saying that he considered the award unfair and that his contribution to solving the Poincaré conjecture was no greater than that of Richard Hamilton, the mathematician who pioneered Ricci flow with the aim of attacking the conjecture.[5][6]

Sounds based, tbqh

Looks like my dad with some jap photoshop. My dad is an autistic workaholic.

t. Filthy COEN peasant
Leave the math to the big boys Hans

Those findings of Gauß and Euler which are today taught in schools truly are their most basic findings.

>while ramanujans results are much harder to comprehend
>much of which has yet to be proven
The same applies to Gauß's findings. They are still trying to comprehend his diary entries, and he died much earlier than Ramanujan.

I won't devalue Ramanujan, because he was truly exceptional, but I'll have to defend Gauß here. Euler was one of a kind, too. Everything he touched basically evolved into its own branch of mathematics.
The bottom line is, it's very hard to actually compare them, because they lived in different times, had different means at their disposal and had access to very different kinds of mathematics. Also, especially Gauß was not merely a mathematician. Check his wikipedia page if you want to see his full spectrum. I'd compare him to John von Neumann in terms of the combination of breadth and depth of knowledge.

don't you remember? slavs are not white

Hans, we've already established that you're mathematically illiterate. What are you doing?

Dude seriously looks white.

youtube.com/watch?v=GxJiZrZ5-bg

youtube.com/watch?v=Ngq5R9IGhfY

A black man being honest.

if india is so smart why is most of the country in poverty?

He is savant autism level.

cause they shit in the streets

von Neumann wasn't Jewish.

Yes he was.

Are you seriously arguing that any sum of integers can result in a rational?

Infinite series are a flawed concept. There really is no such thing as an infinite series, ever, in the real world. What you are dealing with is a construct of your own mind. It's not observable, and hence not scientific. I'm sorry that your mathematical circle jerk has escalated in such a way that you can believe such blatant nonsense.

There is no way to sum up positive integers such that the addition yields a rational number. The very operator that you're using (the + sign) does not, per definition, make this possible.

Plato btfo!

Mathematics is not science. Mathematics is mathematics and is in no way constrained by the laws of physics or by physical reality.

Infinite series are not a flawed concept. The sum of an infinite series is incredibly easy to define.

1) Let \{a_n\} be a sequence of real numbers. We say that a_n converges to a real number a if for any \epsilon>0 there exists an integer N such that for all n\geq N, |a_n-a|

All math is made up, Mehmet. None of it "exists" in the real world, it's just often the best way to describe it. Infinite series is not a flawed concept, you're just a retard

If you exclude infinity from your mathematics you lose a lot of things. No such things as series or integrals for you. You might also want to get rid of 0. You can't have the natural number either, so I'm sure you have no need for complex numbers either.

Just because you can't comprehend infinity doesn't mean it's not a logical concept. There are insane amount of things rising from infinite series, most of which make perfect sense. Therefore it would also make sense that 1 + 2 + 3 + .. = -1/12. It's not magical or mysterios, just a quirk of maths.

And no. I told you that clearly 1+2+3+... does not have a sum in the usual sense. This is obvious. Therefore it clearly does not equal -1/12 in the usual sense.

Perelman comes to mind, not only is he a genius he's also not a dirty street shitter

I don't care if he was Jewish. He was a great guy and I think he converted to Catholicism on his death bed

When mathematicians write 1+2+3+...=-1/12 it is not because they are thinking illogically - they understand that 1+2+3+... is a divergent series and so does not have a sum in the usual sense of the word "sum." They mean something entirely different from what you think they mean. They mean that \zeta(-1)=-1/12. I already explained this to you.

Gauss and Euler

Not better than Ramanujan but gets my vote

integers are rational numbers you dip shit

I appreciate that you have stayed civil and tried to explain this to me. I'm not a mathematician obviously, I just like thinking for myself. So if I interpret your posts correctly, the notation
1+2+3+... was misleading to me because it's not actually a sum. Then why use the '+' sign?

To me, the (infinite) expression

1+2+3+...

Is essentially this:
(...(((1+2)+3)+4)+...

Which means (without using specific numbers) continuous addition of two integers using the binary operator '+'. You must admit that thinking this way, obtaining -1/12 from it is impossible.

I like thinking about sets as types whenever this is possible. And to me it's impossible to add two values of the same type, and then do it again, and again etc. and have it yield a value of another type.

My knowledge about that series is from watching that Numberphile video on this infinite series and I found his way of finding the result to be cheating, really. He was 'abusing' infinity in a way that suited him by manipulating the series conveniently, but not honestly. At least it seemed that way to me. I don't have an in-depth knowledge of the zeta function, but perhaps if I dig into it, I might be able to get the same understanding as you seem to have.

Now again I appreciate you trying to 'teach' this to me, but I'll have to figure it out for myself I guess. I just don't trust this zeta function before really understanding it, which seems hard.

That is a terrible Numberphile video. I agree. It was made for a general audience so they used sloppy logic to try and "prove" something which actually comes from complex analysis and is way too complicated to explain to a general audience. Basically, you're right. He WAS cheating in that video, and cheating very egregiously.

In general, when mathematicians write a_1+a_2+...=a they mean exactly what I defined above. It's not that mathematicians are somehow crazy enough to think they can add up infinitely many numbers using a binary operation. By definition you can only apply a binary operation finitely many times.

But not all rational numbers are integers, so you cannot interchange the terms whenever you want. A pickup truck is generally a car, but a car is not generally a pickup truck.

So you're dealing with specialization and generalization issues here. If you want to go down that road, then let's do it properly:

Think of the set of rationals Q. The set of integers Z is a (true) subset of the set Q.

Let's make a distinction between those rationals that are both in Z and in Q, and those who are only in Z. We call the latter "true rationals", the latter simply "rationals".

It is impossible to add two integers (even when you view them as their generalized type, the rationals) in such a way that the addition would yield a "true rational". Which is fairly obvious I think, but pretending that integer addition can be tossed together with rational (or even complex) addition is foolish, which is all I'm trying to say.

1+2+3+... is a very misleading notation when you think it's valid to assign it -1/12 as a result.

>Let's make a distinction between those rationals that are both in Z and in Q, and those who are only in Z. We call the latter "true rationals", the latter simply "rationals".
>and those who are only in Z.
That should be Q, not Z

>We call the latter "true rationals", the latter simply "rationals".
Should be "the former simply rationals" in the last part.

I should probably delete that clusterfuck of a post and submit it again edited
Basically what I'm trying so say:
5.3 is a true rational
54.1283 is a true rational
5.0 is not a true rational, but rather a "fake" one since you can reduce it to an integer

Adding two "fake" rationals can never yield a "true" rational.
But this is all a giant waste of time I think.

The group Ashkenazi cluster most closely with are Italians, as well as having a white phenotype and being descended from a half European bottleneck, so yeah, they're pretty much White m8.
timesofisrael.com/ashkenazi-jews-descend-from-350-people-study-finds/

>intellectual
He didn't believe in proofs and said that a Hindu goddess revealed his theorems in dreams.

He was certainly gifted but it seemed to be more of an autism-induced brilliance.

Most whites are beyond intellectual.

Sociopathic.

>Of course Gauss and Euler were far more influential and productive

That basically means they were better.

Ramanujan's results were obviously impressive for how crazy they were, but he had lots of "toy" theorems rather than "deep" theorems.

>Jews have repeatedly been shown to have the highest IQ among any recognized ethnic group
>s-stupid kikes... we wuz scientists and sheeeit...

Cred Forums confirmed for nigger-tier.

Nikola Tesla
Alan Turing

post based fat indian politicians

lol

Hasn't no one read his proof of the ABC theorem though? It might just turn out to all be nonsense.

Very important people are working on it. Everyone agrees that it's not just nonsense.

Ok, yeah I knew people took it seriously, "nonsense" was the wrong word. Just wanted to point out that it seems premature to call him the smartest living mathematician is all.

We don't all believe in the boogeyman, user. I think that the jew is just a convenient scapegoat now as always, but for angry numales instead of entire nations.

Maxwell

God, why are mathematicians so painfully unself-aware

mathfags don't care, more likely, their powerlevel is too high for such petty concerns

George Washington Carver