Saturday Comfy Books and Shit Thread

Post any Cred Forums-related literature you're reading and also anything comfy you want to share today. Happy Saturday!

I'm reading pic related
>Mind & Cosmos is a (relatively new) book by a notable NYU philosophy professor that argues against scientific materialism (like that of Richard Dawkins and other edgy faggots) as an adequate worldview. He even defends creationism and theology a little from attacks by other philosophers.

>Confessions was written by a 4th century Pagan turned hedonistic fedora turned Christian. Aquinas was a follower of Mani before he became a Christian, which was the 4th century equivalent of of American "spiritual-but-not-religious" liberalism (Buddha, Zoroaster, and Jesus were all prophets... earlier revelations of the true religion as being limited in effectiveness because they were local, taught in one language to one people... but later adherents lost sight of the original truth... the world is a struggle between good and evil).

>haven't read On Grace and Free Will so don't know anything about it yet

i'm jelly

Go to the library and pick them up bud, nothing to be jelly about.

Interesting.
I'm going through pic related for the second time.

Great reads

The coffee stain running down the handle of your cup bothered me more than it should have.

No picture, but I'm reading Joy in the Morning.

>2016
>reading
Kys

The Camp of the Saints, basically EU 2015-16.

Nice freshman year contrarian reading choices.

You are obviously not a real science student so when you eventually realize your retarded beliefs got you nowhere with your arabic painting/canadian culture degree dont kill yourself near any of us who actually contribute to society.
Also
>argues against scientific materialsm
>NYU (LOL)

You dont even understand what you are saying.

what does that fortune cookie say?

Feel free to go more in depth on why you feel this way, I'd be interested in hearing your opinion. NYU is the best school for philosophy in the world, though not many people know this.

let's find out

Crack it open. Since what I'm reading recommends not to ignore all and every message..

Not Cred Forums related necessarily but I'm nearing the end of Pynchon's V. It's been a hell of an experience.

Currently reading the book on the left. Mom keeps calling and adking if I've read the book on the right yet.

Is it any good? Should I read it?

GODDAMNIT I meant I'm currently reading the book on the RIGHT and I'm being pestered about the book on the LEFT.

Keep going, man.

How do you like the Orthodox book? No idea about one on the left.

Been reading Revolt Against the Modern World by Evola. The Bell Curve, up next.

>Confessions
My favorite book. Awesome man, hope you're enjoying it.

(Posting from my computer instead of my phone, IDK if my ID will change since I'm still using the same internet)
It's pretty good so far. It's about Orthodox priests in Russia and how happiness can be found even in the littlest of places. Life in Moscow, and that sort of thing. Very inspirational.

I'm reading some Edward Feser's blogposts for the moment.

Just finished Tommy Robinson's Enemy of the State. Poor bastard

Holy shit you got triggered... were you molested by a priest or something?

>(((NYU)))
>(((philosophy professor)))
that's bad enough, but then we get to this gem:
>argues against scientific materialism
DIS-MISSED!

Reductionist materialism is the only viewpoint that consistently generates theories with actual predictive/retrodictive power. Arguing against materialism is literally arguing for magical thinking. It's a denial of reality.

>calling Dawkins an edgy faggot
Oh, young padawan.