Atlas shrugged

Has anyone read this book? im thinking about reading it but some of the reviews i've read make seem bad

>>Cred Forums

bump

It's phenomenal. Would recommend to anyone. One may want to read "The Fountainhead" first, however.

sort of like the bible
boring as hell, not well written, but important truths

Just play bioshock instead.

ive read it..its worth reading enough thats its a different perspective..some of the ideas in the book I liked and others I did not.

If you can get past Rand's Mary Sue self-insert erotic fantasies, then yeah its pretty good.

I've tried to read it, but it's so boring. Most people point out the really long rants that Rand goes on about her political philosophy, but those parts are actually my favorite. What I can't fucking stand is all the talk about fucking trains. Trains are boring, and they spend most of the book talking about them.

I got about halfway through before I quit.

Read it and decide for yourself nigger faget

>caring what other people think about books
I don't like it, but that shouldn't have any sway on whether you read it or not.

>trains are boring
Neck yourself.

Message is important and valid but form is meh quality. It's like really simplified and at the same time over-explained example. But it's great if you are able to undestand what the message is. Just read it and make your own opinion.

Pretty interesting even though the philosophy is batshit crazy. It's almost sad how the whole movement turned into a personality cult in the end. Still a must read for anyone interested in today's politics.

It's shit, but you should definitely read it.

Like the leaf said, it will help you better understand american politics.

>If you can get past Rand's Mary Sue self-insert erotic fantasies

That's exactly what it is.

At the end of the book she flies away on a plane with all the different guys she's banged.

Writing is bad. Story and plot are bad. Some of the ideas and philosophy are true but fairly obvious.

The 90 page monologue is awful.

Ayn Rand has no idea how innovation, patent law, or government works, and it renders her philosophies nonsense. For example:

Rand seems to think that a patent is some magic paper that lets you do stuff. The whole second half of the book is bureaucrats trying to get the hero to surrender his patents. In real life, the bureaucrats ALREADY HAVE the patent - it is kept at the patent office. Patents are meaningless unless the bureaucrats enforce them, so they have no need for the hero, it is the hero who needs the bureaucrats!

She also seems to think that the existence of toxic chemicals are a fraud, just like global warming.

There are no children or parents in the book, Rand has no idea how to fit them into their world.

The whole book is just an excuse for being a sociopath.

I've read it three times, and enjoyed it three times. Especially the rape scenes.

It should be treated not as a manual but as a questioning: what kind of person am I?

>carfag detected

>im thinking about reading it but some of the reviews i've read make seem bad

I'm actually reading this right now, and I'm finding it pretty boring and hard to get through. I usually read in hour long sessions and I feel like I've been reading it forever while I'm less than 300 pages in. There's something about it that doesn't hold my attention... The dialogue seems so forced and ridiculous. Every sentence of dialogue is also followed by a three-sentence description of the look of the speaker's face or tone or mocking inflection or some stupid bullshit. This plus what other anons have said about Rand's self-inserting erotic fantasies. What a surprise that a jew would be sex obsessed, eh? That said I'll still suffer through it, it's not bad enough to give up on, at least not yet.

Read it. Form your own opinion. Go on with your life.
Or, don't read it and fuck off.

Its a fine book you should read it if you have the time

Great book, John Galt's speech is a slog and the book itself could be a bit shorter, but all in all it's not as poorly written as people would have you believe and there's a lot in it that I agree with. I would recommend reading it and coming to your own conclusions.