What are your thoughts on this?!

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING IN DOWN THERE?

>How a high-profile Texas sheriff is tied to a rogue Navy unit facing a criminal probe

>The former director of the intelligence unit, David W. Landersman, a civilian, is facing federal conspiracy charges for allegedly orchestrating a mysterious scheme to equip Navy commandos with hundreds of untraceable AK-47 rifle silencers.

>A new wrinkle in the case, however, has recently emerged in U.S. District Court in Alexandria, Va., where prosecutors have suggested that Navy officials from the intelligence unit also sought to funnel military equipment to rural Hudspeth County and set up a secret training base near the Mexican border.

>Under terms of the deal, Mark Landersman produced a batch of 349 homemade, unmarked silencers in a machine shop and sold them to the Navy for $1.6 million, even though they cost only $10,000 in parts and labor to make

washingtonpost.com/investigations/how-a-high-profile-texas-sheriff-is-tied-to-a-rogue-navy-unit-facing-a-criminal-probe/2016/09/30/35c7d120-8585-11e6-a3ef-f35afb41797f_story.html

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VF_-AB2-Ux4
youtube.com/watch?v=4mcFg9LneKE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Webb
archive.fo/i2kEl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Navy bought 349 untraceable HOMEMADE silencers for 1.6 million dollars.

Wuttt

Based Texas

Bureaucratic efficiency™©®

Mexican border? I don't get why we have to be discrete about wiping out cartels. I also don't get how someone could pay that much for a metal tube.

How much do you want to bet these homemade silencers would eventually find their way into a (((mass shooting))) to push regulations on threaded barrels or some other stupid shit

Many questions....

Why does the navy spec ops need AK47 silencers?

Why did they want them untraceable?

Why is there a secret training base in the desert?

While typing this I realized the answer. Its for the liberation of Mosul probably.

Total corruption in the Navy. Somebody high up had to sign off on that huge sum of money going somewhere.

Fucking disgusting.

either the US is gonna put men mexico or its gonna put men in syria

>Why does the navy spec ops need AK47 silencers?
To arm whoever's on the other side of the border.
>Why did they want them untraceable?
Fast and Furious ring a bell?
>Why is there a secret training base in the desert?
Close to the border and isolated.
>While typing this I realized the answer. Its for the liberation of Mosul pro
Negative. This has war on drugs written all over it. How else do they come up with $1.6m for 350 metal tubes.

Bumping for juicey thread

The Navy has its own machine shops for this shit, they could make the whole rifle if they fucking wanted.

So why?

Oh they're definitely being used for some sketchy shit.

Uh yea I mean usually I don't like staring at slugs but that could be interesting.

>Fast and Furious

That honestly didn't even come to my mind at first, it makes much more sense than syria.

For what reason would giving the cartels such a ridiculous amount of AK sound tubes and a training base make sense to anyone in a position of power?

Question for /k/

Is there a difference between a silencer and suppressor? Or is silencer a meme word?

Don't they have NSWC Crane for this kind of shit?

Its easier and safer for a supracartel to exist that is controlled by the US than for their to be multiple, unpredictable warring cartels that could do real damage to the US

People are always going to be putting stuff up there nose, so the market will always exist. Until this changes there will always be a demand.

Its just safer to control a head cartel instead of letting various ones doing who knows what

Basic bitch imperialism

Yes, Silencer is indeed a meme word.

Just a heads up. This thread will likely be slid hard so I would save the story in some way for future reference.

Both are acceptable terms. It was originally patented under the term silencer but many people prefer the term suppressor because it's a more accurate description of the effect they have.

They both do kind of the same thing.

Makes it quieter but doesn't take the sound completely away.

they're the same thing, but "silencer" is incorrect because it doesn't make the gun silent, just suppresses the noise

Not when you're paying millions of dollars for it

Would a coup in the US even be possible?

I expect a shithole is Turk or whatever other shithole to have a coup but the US?

it's not that much money.

Lol that money was probably from some narco, which is an insurance to keep people payed and happy

>even though they cost only $10,000 in parts and labor to make
no silencer costs that much...

>rogue navy unit is clandestinely arming itself with aks and suppressors

were they preparing for mutiny?

Congress and the supreme court have to much power over the executive branch because our constitution is awesome.

So no, its impossible.

Unless congress declares the president Impeached and he refuses to leave office, he will get forcibly removed by the military, but I wouldn't consider that a coup

The safest thing would be to legalize it all and eliminate the need to reply on an omerta to manage an aspect of our economy.

Make due process of law great again.

that was for 349 of them.

youtube.com/watch?v=VF_-AB2-Ux4

>For what reason would giving the cartels such a ridiculous amount of AK sound tubes and a training base make sense to anyone in a position of power?

An assassination attempt of a key figure. Wouldn't go as far as a coup on the Mexican government, but we're working well in the confines of a "company" sized unit (judging by 350 silencers that will probably outfit ~250 men with 100 spares). I'm guessing that the DEA/CIA can't trust the Mex government for shit so they hired the Navy to train a minor player that's easier to control.

> 250 people willing to say "yes" and keep their mouths shut about it
> all those assholes along the way who've done the same thing

and people say large conspiracies to do illegal shit can't be real.

>people think this is some spooky project
>not realizing it's just corruption

It's just people stealing money from the government, nothing more.

If I had to guess, it was in preperation for trump and possible conflicts with Mexico and more likely cartel sabotage and retaliation. Maybe they were preparing for starting their own mercenary company and get rewarded with government funding for being prepared. Unless it's some other insane conspiracy plot.

>and people say large conspiracies to do illegal shit can't be real

when you run your cartel like a butcher, you're going to radicalize the normies. i guarantee whoever they're training choose to remain silent for one reason alone, revenge.

Protip: The United States government deals drugs. They have since the 70s.
The fact that the CIA was selling drugs in Cali to buy guns to ship to south Amerrica was revealed by the Oliver North trials during the Iran Contra hearings. Many former DEA agents on Youtube are professing this fact as well. Here is a documentary about it if you are interested in exploring this subject further.

youtube.com/watch?v=4mcFg9LneKE

Also, this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Webb

""Webb was found dead in his Carmichael home on December 10, 2004 with two gunshot wounds to the head. His death was ruled suicide by the Sacramento County coroner's office.[69]"

The fact that all of those documents in the Navy were shredded and torched means this isn't over. You know the ones fully responsible are still not know.

>silencers

you mean suppressors?

Shut up autist. Maxim called it a silencer, I'll call it a fucking silencer. Shouldn't you be buying tacticool gear from the mall so you can never use it?

This. Theres probably some sketch shit going on, but it's mostly just theft.

>tfw normies start asking the dangerous questions

This guy gets it; also look up flights N987SA and N900SA.

That's why so many presidential pardons are awarded to large scale cocaine dealers. This is how the great USA really works.

Keep telling yourselves you can start any sort significant movement against mexicans, cumskins.

USA BTFOs racism once again, we win.

Am I doing my math wrong

>10,000 x 350
>3.5 million
>paid 1.6 million
>somehow getting ripped off

Oh I'm stupid 10k for all 350 not per silencer, wow that's really fucked I hope whoever is involved in this is hanged for siphoning that much tax payer money to get somebody rich. I don't even care about the silencers and secret training, just the massive amount of money.

YES,

it's 349 suppressors cost a total of $10,000 to manufacture.

>calls it silencers
>isn't silent

Yes it is, and guess who foots the bill? The taxpayer!

archive.fo/i2kEl
Bumping with archive, faggots

They are the same thing. If you look at the actual regulations the BATFE and the NFA, the correct legal term is silencer

You crack me up. Shame about the poor comprehension skills you would have made a good Latinum procurer.

>349 homemade, unmarked silencers
This is why it's expensive, dipshits.

>Hey guy, could you make us hundreds of unmarked silencers?
>>What if they get shipped to ISIS?
>We'll pay you about $4600 per unit if you make them and hand them off without telling anyone before they're lost forever
>>How many did you need?

Voting is the only thing that gives our government legitimacy. It's pretty much sacrosanct. Taking that away would radicalize a bunch of blue-pilled people.

>has autism
>doesn't call it what the original inventor called it

If you can't resist the urge to call it exactly what is does, call it a sound wave and expanding gas buffer/amplifier

if we called inventor's inventions by what they called them, microwaves would be called vibrators

It's not 'government bungling' or 'red tape'. It's straight up corruption and fraud, 90% of the military budget is probably wasted with this kind of shit.

Small Business & Made in America; gov't pays a premium for that sort of shit.

>not warming up your pizza with a vibrator

What's wrong with you?

A suppressor suppresses gasses from the shot as they exit the barrel. This reduces sound, but sound control is only one aspect. They also reduce dirt and dust flying around when prone, reduce visible muzzle flash, and can be designed to help buffer recoil for rapid shooting. Most supressors will not reduce all sound, but they are extremely useful for urban combat to reduce the loud echoes that destroy hearing. Silencer is a meme word much like assault- or military style-.

Serious question--why 349? Why not an even 350? Does it get reported at 350 or something?

if we called inventor's inventions by what they called them, niggers would be called gardening tools

bumb for glory

interesting

silencer was originally a marketing term used for the Maxim Silencer
it entered legal parlance because Maxim Silcener brand Maxim Silencers were the most common device when the 1934 NFA was written

Suppressor is used today by the firearms community because it is more accurate and avoids association with Holyywood Silencer brand Mobster Hitman Silencers