Hey Cred Forums, should Christianity be taught in school or should it be totally secular?

Hey Cred Forums, should Christianity be taught in school or should it be totally secular?
strawpoll.me/11345856

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11345856
youtube.com/watch?v=qz77atYHTOA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torcaso_v._Watkins#Secular_humanism_as_religion
strawpoll.me/11346047
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to say secular, but with so many muzzies invading. teaching it might piss them off enough to not want to immigrate here.

so yeah sure, why not.

Saved image. Clicking off thread.

Should definitely be taught because atheist values are despicable and leads to shit like safe schools.

Secular. The school should warn about the threat called Islam though.

Christianity should be taught if you don't indoctrinate your kids someone else will

I don't think it should be taught in public schools, but you should definitely be allowed to pray in them if you are a Christian.

Homeschool

Completely secular. No cocksucking of Islam or other shit.

Everything should be taught in schools including Satanism. It is a pretty good way to go too. Pretty close to Humanism, but possibly better. More of a 60's thing possibly. Still a lot more modern than a 2000 year-old gig.

secular IMO, but I do still respect christianity a lot. it's not being secular thats the problem its (((them)) interfering in the system that is.

>claim to what secular schools
>fill them with Humanist nonsense
This is why I hate atheists

>strawpoll.me/11345856
Nothing should be taught in schools, homeschooling is the true red pill.

STOP SENDING YOUR CHILDREN TO GOVERNMENT CAMPS

This desu.

Christianity is a cuckold religion and it should not be taught to anyone

>Christians winning the poll
Fucking newfag alt-righters

Christian parents should be able to teach their kid whatever the hell they'd like.

That's a very good point.

Religious studies of any sort should be OPTIONAL in a public school. Neither religion nor specifically atheist values should be taught.

For example, do not teach evolution but do not teach creation either. Simply cover both sides of it in the class then allow the student to decide for themselves.

Prayer and the handing out of religious (or anti-religious) tracts should also not be punished.

We should totally forget the past 2,000 years of culture and just start worshiping trees :^)

>christianity
Fuck off

Cred Forums Pass user since December 2012.

>atheist values

>2000 years of diluted Judaism that was only made great by European heathen blood still present
Yes
Impressive, when was the last time you felt the inside of a vagina?

>public schools are not full secular humanist propaganda

Just teach Christian values (gays are unnatural, killing is bad etc) but don't mention anything about actual Christianity so they Sony turn into Christcucks in the future. If Atheist/Muslim values weren't absolutely degenerate then Christianity would be obsolete now.

Schools should be headed by the religious, preferably traditional Catholics.
Pic unrelated.

Fuck off to another thread with that shit.

So much this.

What do you mean taught?
It should be allowed but not forced. The historical aspects and influence can't be ignored unless you want to ban the bulk of Western Civ. But I've never been 'taught' Christianity in school. I've never heard of such a thing.

a

Public schools basically teach kids to be globalists, so a little Christianity wouldn't hurt. Secular humanism sounds like a good idea but its implementation is always shit.

Nice ass.

It was done here, you could opt out but it was mandatory without a parent's signed letter.

Watch Common Filth for a little bit. He's a blackpill but he makes some good points. Pagan Europe was degenerate to all Hell.

where's the option to vote for no public schools?

>chrischannery
>not globalism
Pick one.

Yeah? Says who? Fucking crossnigger historical revisionists? I'll pass.

>Schools should be headed by the religious, preferably traditional Catholics.
Oh this pic is related, son.

Parochial Schools, yes. There one receives the Classics, or rather, a Classical Liberal Arts education. This has pretty much been eradicated and replaced by Common Corn.
The PTA and local school boards should decide the curriculum in public schools, though. Principle of subsidiarity, as our founders intended. No more of the dictator telling them what to do.

That's weird. What brand of Christianity?

It should be taught even if in a 'secular' manner (ie: study the religion instead of preaching it at kids)

It's part of the core of our civilisation whether commie atheist and kebab faggots like it or not.

Depends on who operates the school.

If management of a private academy want to be a religious school they may brand themselves as such, but no private school should deserve extra recognition or accolade solely by nature of being a religious school. Students who refuse to participate in religious studies in private religious schools may be punished according to the school rules, regardless of existing faith (why would a christian would enroll in a muslim school or vice versa anyway?)

State-run schools should be secular by default unless their country has a state religion, in which case it's ok to push classes teaching the state religion and perform religious ceremonies like prayers or festivals. Students can refuse to participate in religious classes and activities on grounds of following a different religion, but cannot complain about the state/school not catering to them

Only if it's Orthodox, protestantism should be illegal

Yeah, that's where I was headed.
It wouldn't make sense to preach it, but it doesn't make sense to eradicate it.

SHALL
MAKE
NO
LAW
RESPECTING
AN
ESTABLISHMENT

>protestantism should be illegal
Reformed Christianity. Protestantism is a Vatican Skype meme.

They should make no laws regarding education whatsoever. The parents and teachers should decide per community.

Kind of just general Bible stories and values like 10 commandments.
Can't really remember because I'm a jaded nihilist and primary school was a long time ago.

Congress
Good thing we dont have federal schools

Huh, where I grew up it was unnecessary to even consider teaching in school what everyone already knew.

Schools should only teach the true faith, Praise Lastation, NOWARU ACKBAR

REPRESENTATIVES
OF
THE
STATE

Well, we sorta do.
Obunghole forced Common Crap on some of the local religious schools by threatening to withhold aid for low income kids who got 'free' lunches. Common Crap must go.

pic unrelated

>He'll never know it's not a girl

And?
What does that have to do with the constitution?

Christianity looks to unite the world under Christianity, but there is nothing against nationalism. And wouldn't you rather there be no Muslims and Jews?

>crossnigger historical revisionists
>"g-greek warriors didn't fuck each other in the ass"
>"greek nobles were n-not interested in... close relationships with younger boys..."
>"Nords raping other Europeans was so based! But Nords getting raped by sandniggers isn't!"
>"pagan gods were so cool they way they all raped and adultered with each other, incest is wincest!"

You belong in the gas chamber with the rest of the chosen ones.

Don't want my kids being taught to be pussy cucks, so no.

>People voting "yes."

If you want to go to a religious school, no one is stopping you. There are ample amounts of religious schools throughout our country that you can enroll your children in. Public school should never teach or promote religion in any way. That is not the purpose of education. School is secular for a reason.

is that a question you want answered or are you rudely unfamiliar with law

Humanism is secular.

>Public school should never teach or promote religion in any way
They are full of Humanism now

Haha, people actually voting?
I never click those links.

Why do people think science and God can't correlate with one another? The possibility of a divine being none of us humans can fathom while we're still alive being the creator and controller of all of these atoms in this world sounds very real.

opinion discarded

No its not
Its a religion
>is that a question you want answered
please

well 54% of people that said no are cucks

How is humanism not a religion?
Secular morality is the most retarded thing ever invented

I used to think secular, even though I went to a great Catholic private school, but the way things are going I think we need Christianity more than ever. The funny thing is I'm still not even religious, I just think it helps people with weaker minds form better morals than what we are seeing now.

>I don't know what a religion is
I bet you think evolution is a religion too.

>Humanism is a philosophical and ethical stance that emphasizes the value and agency of human beings, individually and collectively, and generally prefers critical thinking and evidence (rationalism, empiricism) over acceptance of dogma or superstition.

>literally globalism and anti-nationalism
>claims it's not globalism and not the very fucking antithesis of nationalism
>spits out more crossnigger historical revision
>ignores the fact that crossniggerdom is an institution to provide supplies of children for buttpillaging
crossniggerdom, not even once.
You're the one who'll be going in the gas chambers with the rest of your beloved chosen ones.

>Do not teach actual scientific ideas
>But oh no don't teach creationism either because its equally as bad as evolution, a proven scientific idea with ample amounts of scientific data, both physical observations and recorded data from over 600 million years of fossil records and genetic studies

Stop doing this shit. There's a reason evolution as an idea is taught in schools, it is a scientific FACT backed up by data. You essentially cannot disprove evolution because there is such an overwhelming amount of scientific data backing it up. There is even consideration that we have observed speciation by studying isolated fish species change morphology over generations, as well as ample data from microorganisms evolving resistances to antibiotics.

Fuck of creationist apologist.

From the viewpoint that a shared cultus, and considering religion is ideology, I'd say anyone with an agenda is pushing 'religion' in schools, especially the 'religious left' and their intolerant orthodoxy of SJWism.

youtube.com/watch?v=qz77atYHTOA

It should be accepted as fact.

I think it's a step above teaching them to be lawless and have a lack of morals.

yea and he could also be chillin up my ass.
sounds very real

No, they should stick to teaching fucking science, faggot.

Nobody, and nothing, that lives and breathes on this Earth can prove the existence or nonexistence of God. Only the dead know, whether theists and atheists like it or not.

>I bet you think evolution is a religion too.
materialism is

>>Humanism is a philosophical and ethical stance that emphasizes the value and agency of human beings, individually and collectively, and generally prefers critical thinking and evidence (rationalism, empiricism) over acceptance of dogma or superstition.

>secular morality is based on rationalism

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torcaso_v._Watkins#Secular_humanism_as_religion

Watch the video.

Character.
That's what children are lacking these days.
I'd prefer a well rounded education covering a broad range rather than a limited program dictated by the state to program obedient zombies who don't know how to think for themselves.

There are many scientists who believed or at least considered the possibility of a God though :^)

>hurr durr what does religion mean

Ok buddy try using Google every now and then to find out what the words you are using mean

And then in the end, when they graduate, become multi billionaire geniuses, and still consider that maybe, just maybe, God is real and controlling all of us, will you still be complaining that the idea is poisoning our youth?

Secular humanism is a belief system
It is not based on logic or reason no matter how hard you pretend it is

SAGE

That's because science and faith are two different things, and not at odds with one another. Those who never knew don't understand the Bible isn't a book of science or history, but a book of faith, poetry and allegory.

>Religious studies of any sort should be OPTIONAL in a public school.
I agree with Dawkins in that the bible is a valuable subject in literature class, and religions as part of history, not nothing regarding dogma and doctrine should be taught as something that should be believed as truth.
>Neither religion nor specifically atheist values should be taught.
"atheistic" values should be taught. They're objectively better.
>For example, do not teach evolution but do not teach creation either
Are you stupid? Of course evolution should be taught. It's part of how reality works. Creation is not the opposite of evolution, so don't even put them on the same scale.
>Simply cover both sides of it in the class then allow the student to decide for themselves.
#teachthecontroversy
Then I guess we need to include every single possible creation myth from every single religion to be 'fair'.
>Prayer and the handing out of religious (or anti-religious) tracts should also not be punished
It should. Leave religious garbage outside schools.

H A L A L
A
L
A
L

Orthodox isn't.
Catholicism and Protestantism is.

Yeah, no shit. My physics teacher was a Christian, and he would always say that God was the answer to any unknown question he had about the universe. As an atheist, this didn't bother me at all, but it did reaffirm my feelings about religion, it's for dreamers.

strawpoll.me/11346047

>billionaire geniuses

silly hypothetical. God doesn't control us, we have free will. I'm not complaining that anyone is successful and they will do as they please, but with each passing year the earth becomes dominated more and more by assholes. And all of us oldfags remember a time when folks could be decent. None of us like how the world is now.

Why did you post a link that BTFO yourself?
>Justice Black's use of the term "secular humanism" in his footnote has been seized upon by some religious groups, such as those supporting causes such as teaching creationism in schools, as a "finding" that any secular or science-based activity is, in fact, religion.

The case didn't actually say that Humanism is a religion, but you people parrot that it does anyway.

>christianity is globalist
>*gives no evidence*

>spits out historical revisionism
So you deny the homosexual and deviant actions of pagans?

>a christian will go into the gas chambers
>gas chambers built by christians, led by a christian man, against Jews

Good luck stopping international Jewry with all four of your pagan buddies. Don't you think it's weird how Jews HATE Christians, but seem almost indifferent towards pagans? It's not weird to you that Jews apparently "don't mind" a group of non-Jews?

Personally I consider religion and the bible to be man made ways to be told how to love and follow God. I'm not religious but I don't cancel out God from my life entirely. And sometimes I feel comfort in the idea that my life on this planet is not for nothing.

It depends on what you mean by teaching Christianity? if you mean daily prayers, chapel time, taking out Evolution in favor of Creationism, teaching Moses is a founding father etc then fuck no.

If you mean teaching simply the beliefs of world religions then i am fine with that.

Seeing as how they give lessons on memes I don't see why not.

No crossnigger would ever be building gas chambers you fucking retard, let alone putting any jews in them. What a fucking laugh, you don't even know your own religion and yet you want to try and act like an authority on paganism. smdh

>he denies every aspect of the holocaust, even the good parts

It's just not worth replying to you at this point. I hope you reach the correct revelation soon, please keep my words close to your heart even though now you mock them like an edgy child.

Peace be with you.

What are atheist?
Wouldn't secular just be the absence of religion?
Also, when they say Christianity, are they talking Bible studies or real Theology? Just reading or actual discussion, English Class style?
What would the implementation of Christian studies in schools be?

>he thinks the holohoax happened
>he thinks hitler was a crossnigger
>he thinks crosskikery allows for the gassing of kikes
The indoctrination is strong in this tavi.

Good luck, you'll need it if you truly seek the right answers.

Allahu abd jihad

>Tfw tue smart 4 meme class

Stay a slave, tavi. But you're not ever going forcing your slave programming on the children of the united states via the taxpayer money of the united states.
Charter schools exist for a reason, send your kids to get brainwashed there if that's what you want for them. Hope they get picked out to become the bigwig priest's fucktoy.

This

Public schools shouldn't exist.

>Christianity should be taught if you don't indoctrinate your kids someone else will
We should indoctrinate our children because Islam indoctrinates their children?

That's stupid.

Why don't we just make it illegal for anyone to join a religion before they are of legal age.

I love Christianity for what it's given to our society, but I only respect their values, and I'll never forgive my religious education teachers telling me that evolution was bogus. Almost makes me sick thinking that that shit is taught in schools.