Mishima

What's Cred Forums's opinion on Yukio Mishima? Was he one of us (social outcast as a youth, suppressed homosexuality, obsessed with Traditionalism and arch enemy of leftists)? Any Japanese anons here willing to give their thoughts on him?

Here's the movie based on him:
youtube.com/watch?v=T_aaPW1rASo

Interview:
youtube.com/watch?v=IasOkulcDQk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5bHimOJb-Xw
youtube.com/watch?v=bO-w-cn-pJM
japantimes.co.jp/culture/2014/12/27/books/book-reviews/mishima-sliced-shackles-time/#.V_Cjifl95D8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Overbuilt his trapezius muscles

Also, no one represses homosexuality around here. What do you think we are, a bunch of Nazis?

How would he feel about?
youtube.com/watch?v=5bHimOJb-Xw

He's a big guy

A natural progression of a great civilization.

Mishima was a bit of a narcissist, and an autist in the Cred Forums slang sense of the word. He had a fucked up childhood, which obsessed him with time, death, and with himself as a center of a tragic drama.

He was not so much devoted to Japanese nationalism as he was with the idea of Mishima dying a "perfect death," at the peak of his health and influence.

Still, aesthetically I can't really fault the guy. I also admire his work ethic-- spectacular.

Hardcore homosex LARPer and an hero. A conflicted but pretty cool guy.

He was real /pol material.

youtube.com/watch?v=bO-w-cn-pJM

He was a real kool guy. It's a shame he was 5'2.

Oh and also, he wasted the fruit of all his labor to push Japan towards more nationalism and independence. His death discredited nationalists to an extent, and halted that momentum. The Prime Minister was talking about making him a member of cabinet, and of funneling public money into sponsoring and expanding the Shield Society.

Then he an heroe'd. Idiot...

Who the he'll is this guy? Never heard of him.

Whats he famous for?

After reading some of his books, the guy was a fucking visionary. I really feel like he would have been a good tool to redpill normies into nationalism.

He beat a super computer at the time in a game of sudoku
He was essentially the world's first sudoku grandmaster

Yeah. This is what first interested me in Mishima. I have this saved to my computer. Beautiful and haunting. Touches the soul... although suicide is never the answer. But the devotion is sublime.

TO UNDERSTAND MISHIMA, I SUGGEST THIS READING: Yukio Mishima, by Damian Flanagan.

Book review:
japantimes.co.jp/culture/2014/12/27/books/book-reviews/mishima-sliced-shackles-time/#.V_Cjifl95D8

Nip here. I'm in Canada right now, but I am a true son of Nippon. Mishima was a homo. Full on, 110%. And a very mixed up individual. Him and Kurt Cobain have much in common. Which is not a good thing. Sayonara for now.

Gay armpit freak.

>Huge ego
>Fag
>Lifted
>Played with swords
>Manlet
>An hero
Truly one of us

It's disappointing. I found his actions and attempted coup to be a kind of betrayal to a government and populace that mostly sympathized with him. Shield was already growing fast and he was respected by all the top brass of the military.

Too bad he did we he did. There's definitely been a complete drought of Japanese right wing sentiment after he died.

A famous writer who was an extreme right wing Nationalist, ended up trying to overthrow the government but it failed and he killed himself.

Japan's greatest writer of the 20th century
Started his own private traditionalist/fascist military group
Initiated a failed fascist coup at a military academy in 1970 and then committed seppuku

If you're still lurking, I'm wondering what contemporary Japan thinks of him? Is he looked back on as a national embarrassment, a crazy guy or a national legend?

I'm not sure if I should pity him or not, even his suicide was a bit of a fuck up
>On November 25, 1970, Mishima and four members of the Tatenokai, under pretext, visited the commandant of the Ichigaya Camp, the Tokyo headquarters of the Eastern Command of Japan's Self-Defense Forces.[17] Inside, they barricaded the office and tied the commandant to his chair. With a prepared manifesto and a banner listing their demands, Mishima stepped onto the balcony to address the soldiers gathered below. His speech was intended to inspire a coup d'état to restore the power of the emperor. He succeeded only in irritating the soldiers, and was mocked and jeered. He finished his planned speech after a few minutes, returned to the commandant's office and committed seppuku. The assisting kaishakunin duty at the end of this ritual (to decapitate Mishima) had been assigned to Tatenokai member Masakatsu Morita, who was unable to properly perform the task. After several failed attempts at severing Mishima's head, he allowed another Tatenokai member, Hiroyasu Koga, to behead Mishima. Morita then knelt and stabbed himself in the abdomen and Koga again performed the kaishakunin duty.
From wikipedia

Extremely talented writer:

- Temple of the Golden Pavilion
- Sailor who fell from grace with the sea (short but potent, a good book to "check out" Mishima)
- Confessions of a Mask
- Sun and Steel (nonfiction)

He tells twisty, dramatic, beautifully structured stories, with good scenes, great characters and dialogue - compulsively readable stuff, but extremely depressing, and really really dark -- the first three left me with a strong doom feeling that was hard to shake.

There are a lot of strange birds in this world, but it is rare to find a bird as strange and talented as Mishima.

Is Sun and Steel worth reading in regard to being full of plenty of great political and philosophical discussion?

He's the ultimate samurai warrior!!! :^)

I cannot go on anymore. I am incapable of feeling anything but nigger-cock, loneliness or endless satisfaction.Even when I try to be with a friend, I feel like I am alone and that my heart is about to burst.Today my nigga Deshaun was asking for food for the 10th time in 5 hours, so I completely snapped by throwing his EBT cards all over the ground and filling his bowl until it overflowed. I chased the young black youth asking "aren't you hungry now?? huh?? I thought you wanted food?? why don't you fucking eat??" until I let him outside, picked up a sweeper, of which I used to sweep a couple of EBT cards before collapsing on the floor crying loud for what felt like an eternity. After I was able to get myself off the floor, I took a bunch of erectile-dsyfunction medication and prepared it in a bag for when I have finally hadenough,which I feel will be this weekend. Fuck..
-Wayne Lambright

Bump desu

Brump

That score is incredible. I haven't been able to go back to the original after hearing that one.

>Truly one of us

How do you mean ? Mishima couldn't even into Fedoras.

>1969 interview
>dies a year later

also
>5'1 or 154cm

he was an okay antagonist in GitS SAC 2nd Gig

A deeply troubled individual who had a narcissistic obsession with ritual suicide. Decent writer, though.

wrote great sentences especially in the sailor who fell but stupid fag overall

Bumperino, let's talk more about Mashima.

Is he even japanese? I knew tatar guy with similar facial fitures.

Direct descendent of Tokugawa apparently. Very Nip

>TFW true nipps are barely mongoloid

>askes for primarily Japanese anons opinion on him
>primarily Australian and American responses
Where my fish heads at?

straight up seppuku aesthetics god. love dat mishima.