Is fabricating a resume degenerate? It's a dog eat dog world out there...

Is fabricating a resume degenerate? It's a dog eat dog world out there. What if u know how to do the job but didn't get the proper major? Just say I got a different major? Who cares right? The market demands the best people for jobs, not ones who slept through their undergrad classes and got that job bc his frat brother referred him.

uh sure, its degenerate. Dont do it, keep your resume honest so I can take your job.

There was a Blockbuster in my town that closed down, and I had a buddy who worked there for like 2 months

I never worked there but I put that I was a manager there for 3 years on my resume and got a breddy gud job out of it

They never fact checked it

I'm a hiring manager, we review degrees

If you label yourself as hispanic when you're white as fuck can you get in trouble for it?

For recent grads or everyone? How about 10 years out of school?

Not a bad idea either. I could pass for half Hispanic with my dark features.

Only thing I lied about on my resume was my Math grade, because I completely fucked that up. Though I made up for it by taking an adult course later in life so that I could have a fully legit resume (CV).

The problem is people rely on their grades and qualifications to do the talking for them. I put on my CV the volunteer Administration work I had done and the volunteer support desk work I had done for some websites. People expect the grade to do it for them, but with an increasing amount of people getting the same degrees, it doesn't make you stand out anymore.

tl:dr lying about your grades/qualifications in the past was the way to go, but now that everyone has the same as you, it is no longer worth it.

Forgot to mention, put my buddy down as a reference to vouch for me

absolutely not, im white as shit yet 50% puetro rican. i'm not sure if putting hispanic grants you the same diversity hire points as black though.

yeah but I'm not actually hispanic at all.

my great grandparents were Russians lol.

In the end, employers rarely inspect your personal history to fact check what's on your resume, but if you claim you have a degree in underwater basket weaving when you've never even been in a pool your entire life, it's easy to get caught with your pants down, nom saiyan?

So you can fabricate some volunteer work that is unverifiable too. I'm trying to get a finance job and have been working as a business analyst, but my degree is not in finance. I've taken finance courses and can do that job without any problem, I just don't have a finance degree.

>Tottoed a cross when the Bible explicitly forbids it.
Kill yourself my man.

See dis: Help me out. Should I just switch my undergrad degree to finance? I've never an employer ask for transcripts.

A lot of people say manipulation of people is a bad thing, user.

But what I learned is that if manipulating people/a group of people makes everyone happy, what's the problem?

The point I was making is that people expect the grade and qualification to get the job for them. Whereas if you actually show you have tried to further your experience/knowledge in whatever field you're trying to get a job in, outside of actually working, then that shows a bigger commitment to the field and you're more likely to be hired.

Too many people today expect the grade to get them a job and don't really care to do much more in their free time. It simply shows you have a bigger passion and are probably more motivated than the rest.

I've done it, no shame here. Got to do what you got to do man. Just got to tell believable lies is all.

Do whatever necessary to secure employment. It really is "dog eat dog" out there. Its a hard uphill battle for most of humanity and it makes for few winners and many losers. Do not be a loser, there is no morality when survival is on the line.

Just remember it might work, it might backfire, no guarantees.

I practice santeria, everyone in my family does. that and a mixture of Islamic elements. Hence the crescent on my other arm, im a degenerate but its super fun shooting liberals down in conversation when I side with ISIS to see how they react.

My resume is a fluff job. A nice lady at the Department of Labor took everything I wrote down and twisted it for me so it looks like I'm the greatest candidate in the world. I used that to land a normal job, leveraged that job into a better one, then took over the management for a boss that lets me run free with the company card. Life's good.

>is it degenerate

If you honestly, seriously worry about what other people think of it then dont do it for all i care, you're not bound by other peoples' sense of morality though just sayin

True that user. I think I know what I must do

theirs nothing wrong with fluffing your resume a bit. My friend has like 9 years of experience with directing and maintaining intercontinental networking gear. Hes fucking 22 years old and the autistic government didnt even fact check it. They actually believe he has been doing this since he was like 13 or something

Yeah dude that's what I'm saying. If you know how to do the job, why not fluff the resume. If you show up and do exactly what the company needs and more, do they really care in the long run what you actually studied in school?

yea go for it, half-truths are way better than flat out lying since if you get fact checked you can atleast defend yourself. My friend owns a company so I plan on filling in large gaps of time on my resume with IT experience.

I have a similar question. I am studying to be an actuary and have my first exam coming up in Dec.

The only problem is I made a huge mistake and thought I would serve a greater purpose and "help people" so I got a BSc in Psychology, but it's useless unless you go to grad school, which wasn't really an option for me.

How fucked is it to say I got a BA in Mathematics or something for an actuarial internship or entry level job?

thats pretty fucking easy to spot my main man. IF you're lucky you'll find an internship that wont try to correct the record, but as far as actuary jobs go they will all want to see your "papers" and demand an official transcript.

Unless you have some prior work experience it might be tough. I'm in a unique position bc I've been doing business analyst stuff and have experience in finance, I just don't have the degree to back it up.

I would be careful if it's your first job bc they may quiz you or something so make sure you're knowledgable. Take a class at the very least so you know what you're doing.

Yes and when I occasionally bring these halfwits in for an interview and ask them why they invented qualifications when they know nothing on the subject the replies are very interesting. Those who fake STEM are the easiest to nail.

Go on fuck your career. The recruitment agencies will never touch you again.

>faking stem
>recruiting firm
It's like you want to fail. I'm not talking about faking everything. I'm talking about embellishing details to give me an edge. I know the content that's required to do the work I just don't have the pedigree.

Not sure about lying about a degree, but you can lie about other qualifications and experience, thats how i got my job. Completely bullshitted through the whole thing.

'user your marketing experience is impressive'... just google a bit before the interview.

They basically want you to lie anyway. Why do you need to be honest? Is society honest to you?

Never lie.

>is society honest to you
Absolutely not. Most people in the world are liars or crooks. Gotta do what you gotta do I'm my opinion.

They'll probably want your transcripts bro. No way to hide that one.