Divorce and Catholic Church

Is it just me, or does the Catholic Church heavily favor female concerns when it comes to marriage?

Valid grounds for """"""annulment"""""" of marriage in the Catholic Church include, but are not limited to:
*you married for social status but the person did not have the status you expected
*you didn't know marriage was a "permanent relationship"
*you married intending to have the option of divorce open
*you did not know marriage was an "exclusive relationship"
stmarys-waco.org/documents/Grounds for Marriage Annulment in the Catholic Church.pdf
ewtn.com/expert/answers/marital_consent.htm

Note that this doesn't mean deception is required--it just means that if the husband's social status didn't fulfill the wife's expectations, she can dissolve the marriage. But if your wife gets pregnant by another guy, you're stuck with her.

In the Orthodox Church, you certainly can't dissolve a marriage over "social status". There are basically three things that are valid reasons for divorce

>adultery or good reason to suspect adultery (such as your wife frequently being absent from home without your permission)
Christ overly made an exception for adultery in his prohibition of divorce

>abandonment or something else that causes massive hardship for families, children included

and finally
>your spouse refuses to have sex
Marriage is, according to Paul, precisely for people who can't go through life without sex, so that's a very serious issue

saintdemetrios.com/our-faith/divorce

Other urls found in this thread:

dalrock.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/modern-christian-cultures-deep-antipathy-for-fathers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Try developing a canonical legal system that functions under philosophical principles. The Orthodox aren't conservative, they're slow as fuck.
The Latin church happens also to have intellectuals and people working towards understanding the "what ifs" of real life scenarios.

Just because you have a shitty, Slav minded church doesn't mean that when the Romans development theology and you don't get it that it's wrong.

Inb4 you defend the position of the East as also Intellectual; the classic bullshit claim is that the Orthodox are more "spiritual" than "legal", to which I say that the Orthodox not only fail to have good canon but don't understand how contemplative prayer leads to good theology and philosophy. In other words it's a cover for being stupid.

Saged

"Theology" in the East just means something different than in the West. In the West, it means rational speculation, in the East it means knowing God first-hand.

>>Catholic Church favors females

And they favor little boys too. Are you retarded?

Not really. Priests aren't statistically any more likely to be child molesters than anyone else. The major scandal is that the Catholic Church protected them and covered up their crimes.

I'm very much interested in this too, OP.

The Catholic Church (all Churches really) seem to be adapted into systems of gynocentrism.

I can't remember what it's called, but I was reading once a short document which the Catholic Church puts out, it's a sort of 'statement of doctrine' or something on marriage, and everything about it was putting burdens on the male and making him essentially disposable to her, it appeared to be twisting scripture (there was a use of the quote about men 'giving themselves up' for their wives the way Christ did for the Church - but I always saw this as men being selfless AS ROLEMODELS for women to be the same, not for women to just access this 'selfnessness').

It also seemed to suggest that men should even die for women (interestingly, I saw a video of the Protestant pastor - surname Piper - basically saying that men in general should fight wars and die on behalf of women in general, he had extended even that ridiculous interpretation for marital self-sacrifice to men giving their actual lives for women they don't even know).

There's also the 'Pericope Adulterae', practically all Bible scholars agree that this section of the text is extraneous to the actual scriptures, but the general attitude is that it's got a "nice message" so keep it in there. It seems to be a highly gynocentric\misandric addition.

Okay Catholics, tell me this. The bible says marriage is only acceptable in the case of adultery. So WHY does the church say all these reasons are okay when the bible says it's not?!
This is why I'm a Protestant

Sorry, I mean divorce

The Catholic Church doesn't allow divorce for adultery

Any user knows when this points were made? Did Vatican II had anything to do, or I'm being a paranoid fag again?

But it allows it for these dumb reasons? And the. IGNORES the bible when it says you have to cover your hair if you're a woman and dress modestly? I see the Filipinos always around my area go to church in booty shorts and very very tight hollister t shirts. It's gross seeing a woman in pants in the first place but shorts? It's underwear!

Oh, look it's this copy pasta again.

Sage and report, religion fags belong on their containment board (/his/).

Who gives a fuck what these inane medieval minded institutions accept as reasons for divorce? The only terms that matter are those made official legally and between partners.

>the church is all about pussy worship
Tell me you're not just noticing that

Go real Dalrock on the supposedly Christian movie about cops that tacitly endorses divorce. I'll look it up.

You know state and church marriages are celebrated separate right?

Here.
dalrock.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/modern-christian-cultures-deep-antipathy-for-fathers/

based orthodox. (((Cucklicks))) btfo.

>*you married intending to have the option of divorce open

What?

>*you did not know marriage was an "exclusive relationship"

Is this for real?

Do they not say "TO FORSAKE ALL OTHERS" in their wedding vows?

Not only is it real, the Pope went so far as to say the majority of Catholic marriages were always invalid (as in, they are living in fornication), because they didn't "really understand" the commitment.

Which Pope? The current one? The one that a lot of people consider the anti-pope?