How has religion remained such a popular institution within American politics and her cultural dissonance...

How has religion remained such a popular institution within American politics and her cultural dissonance? Is maintaining tradition really so relevant today, an age where science has already disproven our misconceptions at the origins of humanity?

Yet, I cant help but laugh at the marginal collective who so rigorously defends such superstitious nonsense...as, to not even bat an eye at the face of reason. In all its divine comedy, I am left with horrific displeasure at how most of us are so willing to oppress their lives and the lives of others - over such a figment of this collective fantasy of cults.

It's as if the human psyche is a mere construct of codependent-cognition in conformity- that within its conscience objective, automates the status majority assent; so blindly and without question.

Is my thesis this utterly sound, that I can personally denote the human condition in its best complexity, compared...say, something so mindful as a lemming pod?

Other urls found in this thread:

science.howstuffworks.com/dictionary/astronomy-terms/recreate-big-bang.htm
phys.org/news/2010-06-particle-collision-thought-replicate-big.html
arstechnica.com/science/2016/08/replication-of-big-bang-reveals-flaws-in-theory-of-atom-formation/
pbs.org/wgbh/nova/blogs/physics/2014/07/the-astronomical-particle-colliders-that-put-our-own-to-shame/
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/07/060714-evolution.html
archive.archaeology.org/0705/etc/pyramid.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallstatt_culture)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromme_culture)
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/07/090730-spleen-vestigial-organs_2.html
youtube.com/watch?v=c1ufK04tjOI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what thesis?

Religion is simply a reflection of the morals and traditions of a prosperous society.

It's been maintained because society disintegrates without it.

For instance: Marriage and uniform distribution of the genders. Ensures everyone has an minimal stake of the future of a nation. This is the bedrock of civilization and is why it's so heavily involved in religion around the world.

Today, in our post religious society of hedonism and nihilism, we see a decimated birth rate and dwindling numbers of in tact families. Leading to crime and other deficits that leave society worse off than with religion creating necessary boundaries on inherently sinful human behavior.

Religion was a meme that allowed the state to dominate the ignorant plebs. It eventually got out if control and usurped the state. It was the origenal meme magic

>WE WUZ MONKEYS AND SHIT

You science cucks are worse than niggers.

>cult of reason
>cult of the supreme being
>calles law
>league of the militant godless
>red guard
>juche
>khmer rouge
>atheism plus

Fixed your image OP

there are other groups who dont believe in evolution, those who deny the existence of human races for example.

No, religion is a farce tradition, holding back progression with fundamentalist ideals. This is why most of the world is so heavily violent and fucked...chinks being the only exception of false atheism.

>WE WUZ ALL MONKEYS AND DEN BLACK

Atheism is like a new fucking religion today.

A bunch of scientists say something happened and people threat them like prophets .

You expect me to believe atheism is based on 100% confirmed science yet at the same time you call "creationism of the universe" absolute nonsense.
Meanwhile your 100% infallible scientific theory is that the universe started from a ball that either was magically there forever or magically appeared out of nowhere.

It's a hipster thing. All these cucks running around regurgitating Black Science Man are no better than the hippies and communists.

The word you're looking for is dogma and religion does't have a monopoly on it.

If you conclude that religion is responsible for a lot of the problems in this world, then you are an idiot. Any ideology can become toxic and manipulated to favor a certain outcome.

What I find hysterical about the "arguements" that atheists present against Christianity are that they consistently use fallacies to argue. It is always a strawman, faulty-generalization, or chop-logic.

You assume most Christians are creationists, and will probably believe thar all Christians adhere to the same interpretations without regard to the multiple translaions that exist. There is an overlap amongst americans that believe evolution is factual, and still believe in a religion. Why waste your time ranting on about something that supposedly does not exist? Seems counter-intuitive to argue against an ideology that is supposedly made-up, when "facts" exist to disprove such a thing.

Nice

>bunch of scientists say something happened and people threaten them like prophets
>implying atheists?
Wut

No. I'm implying that the human mind is a collective tool and that ALL religion (not just your precious Christianity), remains its most center core.

evolution has so much evidence for it its no point to fight it anymore

hell the existence of certain features in our own body would make you ask your creator what the fuck he was thinking

>wisdom teeth that need surgery to take out as they commonly get impacted.- from when our jaw bone shrunk in size
>The appendix- the living time bomb that serves 0 purpose now and explodes on random killing people. Once served as a repository of good intestinal bacteria in bouts of diarrhea and mild poisoning
>the remnants of a tail bone- this one is obvious you dumb fuck

>A bunch of scientists say something happened and people threat them like prophets .

Well, I think I'd rather trust the dudes in white coats who can duplicate their research results rather then the Bronze Age goatherders who think the whole world is within walking distance of Noah's house.

But that's just me.

>You expect me to believe atheism is based on 100% confirmed science yet at the same time you call "creationism of the universe" absolute nonsense.

You expect me to believe that the earth is 6,000 years old and was created by a bearded wizard who lives on a cloud in the sky and really, really hates gay people. You also expect me to believe that out of all the infinite number of gods that humans have worshipped, your god is the real one and the billion other gods are just made up.

Makes sense.

>Meanwhile your 100% infallible scientific theory is that the universe started from a ball that either was magically there forever or magically appeared out of nowhere.

That's not actually correct, but even if it were, it's still better than your idea that everything was created by a magic wizard who also happened to appear out of nowhere. And really, really hates fags.

Dear OP.
I am also an atheist.
I do not believe in any religions creation myths.

Do us all a favour and shut the fuck up.
Let them believe it if they want. As long as they don't want it taught in school as a fact, and as long as they mind their own business, so should you.

There is nothing wrong with being religious or atheist, there is something wrong trying to tell people what they should think, feel and believe, you cunt.

>dudes in white coats who can duplicate their research results
Oh you guys duplicated the big bang? Well , i must've missed the memo there.

>
You expect me to believe that the earth is 6,000 years old and was created by a bearded wizard who lives on a cloud in the sky and really, really hates gay people. You also expect me to believe that out of all the infinite number of gods that humans have worshipped, your god is the real one and the billion other gods are just made up.

No I don't. When did i ever say that?

>That's not actually correct, but even if it were, it's still better than your idea that everything was created by a magic wizard who also happened to appear out of nowhere. And really, really hates fags.

Yet again , fucking straw manning me .

I never stated any of that . You're just making a a straw man because you can't defend your own shit , so instead you attack some other irrelevant shit .

>tfw you realize all the christcuck threads are actually asialians on various proxies

>WE

I'm somewhat religious and I agree with this in all cases. I'm fine with people of any religion as long as they're not assholes about it.

Additionally, the way OP worded his post leads me to believe he has autism.

No.Shuthing the fuck up is not an option. You must always fight for the truth. Humanity must hear that creation myth is a lie.

And that information is out there and readily available to all. Not only is it everywhere online, but evolution is taught in a majority of schools, at least in the west.

So, we can safely shut the fuck up.
You wont reason a person out of their beliefs, you wont argue them into atheism any more than they could argue you into theism.

fixed

He who has not put all his strength and effort into trying to live a sinless life has no right to complain that he has not "seen" God.

kek
sides reached the 5th dimension

>You wont reason a person out of their beliefs, you wont argue them into atheism any more than they could argue you into theism.
That's not true. Reason and logic always prevails but you have to preach them. If theists can preach nonsense openly why can't atheists preach sense then? I know you are a theist who's acting to not pick any sides but letting people get indoctrinated and brainwashed with blatant nonsense you did pick a side. God is just a myth and that is a truth. Saying that god is real without providing any proofs for your claims is false and thus a lie. Reason and logic will always prevail. You are fighting a war that's already lost by theistic side you dumb fuck. Nice way of spending your time in existence you shitstain. I shit on your Quran.

>conflating evolution with the big bang
Your lack of understand is typical and expected from a christcuck.

I'm not saying Atheists can't put their thoughts into the world, but this militant Atheist bullshit has to stop. Atheists like you want to preach this like a gospel, when it doesnt need it. It's got evidence behind it, fucking mountains of evidence, so calm your fucking tits. Militant atheists are as bad as any religious zealot.

Yet again, completely ignoring what I said cause u can't defend any of your arguments . To be expect from an illogical shit like you.

>this militant Atheist bullshit has to stop.
As soon as militant theistic bullshit stops.

Stfu

Grow the fuck up.

kek have you seen this board lately, all christcucks do is talk about atheists even in christian general threads

they literally wouldn't be politically incorrect if they didn't do so, that is the whole reason they come to this board

Decide what life you want to lead. Should it be this fleeting life of transient pleasures or the everlasting life of eternal bliss?

>literally a fucking tumblr pic with the watermark and everything

Like I said before. I myself am an Atheist.
I won't push my view on others as I am not a fascist piece of shit.
I do however love a great theological debate with any religious person, but it has to be a consensual debate, not an argument, otherwise it just polarizes people even further than they already were to begin wth.

how can you expect to argue theology with people that literally think hatjoke is a valid response?

I don't believe in fairytales anymore so it's you who should grow the fuck up. How's your mutilated penis doing btw?

only creationists believe that, Christians believe in evolution.. C of E and Catholics here believe in evolution

If just basing from your pic, the Christian theory of intelligent designer is much more feasible than the "monkey-to-human" evolution being depicted there.

What actually happened is a combination of various things, like natural selection, adaptation, mutation, and so on.

In short, your pic is wrong. Fix it.

>hatjoke is a valid response
It is and it does it's work perfectly, your butthurt about it is a proof that.

I don't expect any kind of discussion on Cred Forums to have kind of integrity for very long, if at all.

You've failed to read my previous posts.
I am an Atheist.
I don't believe in any religious creation myth.

So please, before you lick your keyboard for another ill thought out response, be sure to have read what I've said.

I suggest Holding CTRL and pressing F then putting in my give id for the thread which is Q8guOWNj

>I am an Atheist.
I am your Allah. You will burn in hell for lying.

You can believe in science and god at the same time you dipshit. In fact science has proven this is all a virtual reality anyway, so by clinging to science you eventually get led to the belief that something created our universe anyway.

No. I won't.
I'm wondering, are you looking to use every logical fallacy while we chat here today? I'd rather not waste my time if you are.

Be fair to christians, catholics accept evolution and the big bang.

Do you guys ever miss your foreskin? Can you answer me why god needs foreskins for?

>It's been maintained because society disintegrates without it
This. I don't believe in Christianity, but in general, it has a good track record of creating moral people and functional societies. Christians have accomplished many things from being the first to abolish slavery to creating arguably the finest art on Earth. I couldn't care less if it's true or not, it gets fantastic results and that's all that really matters.

I'm not cut, so I have no idea what you are blathering about.

>Not having niggers split off into a separate species

Your science is clearly incomplete.

How about Mohammad? Was he a pedophile or not? What is your stance on that?

>Religion is simply a reflection of the morals and traditions of a prosperous society.
>For instance: Marriage and uniform distribution of the genders.

Tell that to muslims.

>It's as if the human psyche is a mere construct of codependent-cognition in conformity- that within its conscience objective, automates the status majority assent

Ever consider that the human psyche can drive individuals to look down on what they perceive to be fantasy and folly in the majority to reinforce the notion that the individual is more special and intellectually gifted than their peers?

This may manifest itself in rambling posts on message boards by thesaurus happy teenagers seeking to display an intelligence that isn't really there.

>This is why most of the world is so heavily violent and fucked...chinks being the only exception of false atheism.

what is the population of china?

godless chinese demons arent the "exception, they are the norm

even dawkins admitted christianity is a bulwark

why can't you just accept that "nothing became something" has as much proof as "god transcends creation"

yeah all those christians....militantly asserting themselves

Yes. He was a warlord merchant from (then) arabia who happily fucked his child wife. I don't condone it at all, and I think to say such a man was the perfect man is perverse as all fuck.

I will not however say someone cannot or should not believe in Islam, because while I fucking hate religion and all the evils it has done, I will fight for anyones right to have one.

If you take away the right to be religious and believe what you want, soon thereafter your rights will be on the chopping block, so just as a point of self interest you should protect the rights of those you can't, don't or won't agree with. Obviously this is for things inside the law, such as having a belief in religion, i am not absolving people of their crimes, before you try and strawman that argument.

>What actually happened is a combination of various things, like natural selection, adaptation, mutation, and so on.

we have never observed abiotic material naturally selecting into biotic organisms

I for one think that religion and the bible are more like a moral code than a literal truth, you can find a lot of comfort from the bible if you are having hard times with your life for example. But it is just ridiculous to believe that the Sun orbits the Earth and men have existed for 2000 years.

>Oh you guys duplicated the big bang? Well , i must've missed the memo there.

science.howstuffworks.com/dictionary/astronomy-terms/recreate-big-bang.htm

phys.org/news/2010-06-particle-collision-thought-replicate-big.html

arstechnica.com/science/2016/08/replication-of-big-bang-reveals-flaws-in-theory-of-atom-formation/

Why aren't you protecting rights to bear arms for UK if you are such a freedom loving man?

fuggin' rekt.

>If you take away the right to be religious and believe what you want, soon thereafter your rights will be on the chopping block

majority muslim countries? you really think when muslims are a majority in a british neighborhood they let everyone have a right to their religion?

I think you put too little stock in religious beliefs and too much stock in scientific beliefs. They're not as different as you think.

You're laughing now.
But those with wisdom know the destruction that brings.

Arrogance and hubris aren't signs of wisdom. Darwin couldn't understand why cats torment mice, since it had nothing to do with actually devouring the pests. Most of the time the cat would kill the mouse and not even eat it.

Darwin couldn't understand this because he fails to realize that domesticated cats were given to us by God for the purpose of guarding our grain stores. House cats cannot thrive on their own, and are in fact detrimental to the ecosystem.

When you gain more life experience your eyes may come to see the truth that is right in front of you.

Atheism is based solely in the inability of religious people making a god claim to convince some skeptical people that their particular god claim is believable. Different people are atheists for different reasons, some good and some bad, however Atheism requires absolutely no form of belief from the individual who holds that position because the position is one of rejecting somebody else's claim. The vast majority of all people who accept the big bang theory are religious, and there are some (few and far between) Atheists who reject it.

nonsense.

>nothing became something
Confirmed for not understanding the big bang theory.

You assume I haven't. Seriously, are you paid to be so moronic?

I've yet to meet a muslim in the UK who thinks it should be a muslim country at all. And some cities you cannot spot a muslim, Glasgow and Dundee are great examples and parts of north England (smaller towns).

Glasgow Muslims have assimilated very well and you very very rarely see a burka, usually only on the south side of the city in areas like Govanhill, which does have a disproportionate amount of immigrants, which the indigenous locals are fighting against all the time.

>religion and science are incompatible
your fedora probably doesn't even fit does it

>You assume I haven't.
You come off as a cuck who loves to get fucked in the ass by Abdullah and his cousin Muhammad that's all.

Well, it's bloody obvious: USA has been created by the most dumb, inbred pigheaded rejects the Europe has kicked out, it's to be expected that they would suffer from severe mental problems.
Hell, a good bunch of them have been expelled for their demented beliefs.
So why are you surprised when their descendants suffer from the same mental defects as their forefathers?

Your beliefs are totally compatible with science.

That however doesnt mean what you think it means.

Religious people are less educated, have a lower IQ and come from a lower social background.

I love when people try to oppose this hard religion and science, when it doesn't even serve the same purpose.

yeah nah, some of the highest educated in the world are members of the clergy. They tend to take a second major alongside Divinity

>doesnt mean what you think it means
the goal of science is to describe the universe
the goal of religion is to describe how a man can live a good life in that universe

90% of Nobel Prize winners are theists. That should be enough.

Genetic engineering by unknown others.

This whole Evolution idea is such a crock of shit.

How can a species evolve into an unknown future?

Its possibly going to get very damp on this planet in 25,000 years time, so let's evolve flippers, but on the other hand it could get very dry so lets evolve umbrellas on our heads..

It is just patent nonsense.

Just my two cents. The bible has been edited many times.
>Just because it's out dated doesn't imply irrelevancy.
>funny how you guys really don't take that into consideration when dealing with obviously conflicting statements in the bible.

That aside, your causality for the creation of the unviverse cannot be it has always existed, matter can not be destroyed nor created and yet matter exists.
Traditionalism works because no change. No change is the best stabilized choice for civilization. No change doesn't imply no progress in tech and cultural stuff. This disdain for religion and reframing it as evil is completely a projection based on personal values conflicting with the set goals of a doctrine. To disbelief things because they don't benefit you is selfish, but also HIGHLY IRRATIONAL.

In history.

When being an "atheist" wasnt even an option.

Now go check "current nobel prize winners".

>yeah nah, some of the highest educated in the world are members of the clergy.

Stop shitposting please.

>There are people who seriously think evolution works like this

And that explains the christfags. If I was this ignorant I'd reject evolution too.

Evolution always comes as a response to changes that have already taken place. So no, you don't evolve into "an unknown future," you evolve after the fact.

Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître (French: [ʒɔʁʒə ləmɛtʁ] ( listen); 17 July 1894 – 20 June 1966) was a Belgian priest, astronomer and professor of physics at the Catholic University of Leuven.[1] He proposed the theory of the expansion of the universe, widely misattributed to Edwin Hubble.[2][3] He was the first to derive what is now known as Hubble's law and made the first estimation of what is now called the Hubble constant, which he published in 1927, two years before Hubble's article.[4][5][6][7] Lemaître also proposed what became known as the Big Bang theory of the origin of the universe, which he called his "hypothesis of the primeval atom" or the "Cosmic Egg".

Fields Cosmology Astrophysics

Institutions Catholic University of Leuven

Alma mater Catholic University of Leuven
St Edmund's House, Cambridge
Massachusetts Institute of Technology

big bang invented by catholics , ouch

but that is impossible by its own definition.

Archaelogist here. I totally don't think the "info" graphic is right. Instead, I think humanity has been visited by divine beings or otherworldly creatures. Just look at Lake Titicaca, Teotihuacan, ley lines in Denmark, France, and other parts of Europe, et al. We've even lost technologies over time. For instance, the blocks in the pyramid are heavier than any modern crane can lift.

please make sure you know what the POINT of religion is before you post that it isn't compatible with science.

Hint: we don't go to church each Sunday to learn about how flat the earth is.

Also, you have to be 18 to post here.

He has a point. At no point in history has climate in any one place been consistent enough to develop "evolutionary" traits.

Your reading comprehension is abysmal and your shitposting needs improvement.

>Genetic engineering by unknown others.
So you're more willing to believe fucking aliens came down and altered us than random mutations increasing the fitness of individuals until they become the majority of the population.

thanks for pointing out where my mistakes are.

please muhammad, read to me.

pbs.org/wgbh/nova/blogs/physics/2014/07/the-astronomical-particle-colliders-that-put-our-own-to-shame/

Earth is bombarded by much higher-energy particles all the time, and we haven’t been eaten by a planet-munching black hole yet. In fact, the universe has many naturally-occurring particle accelerators that are far more powerful than the LHC, exceeding even anything we could build in the foreseeable future. Anything exotic we can create in our labs, the cosmos has beaten us to it.

“The energy for particle creation … in the upper atmosphere is more than a factor of twenty greater than at the LHC,” said Glennys Farrar, professor of physics at New York University. Most impressive of all are “ultra-high-energy” cosmic rays, which reach energies 100 million times greater than the fastest protons produced in the LHC.

LHC and cern is a meme

>all this pseudo intellectual fedora speak

8/10 if this is bait, you got me. You should still kys though

That's basically it: it's like a virtual particle that's lasted 14 billion years and continued expanding. That doesn't actually have much to do with the discussion of God since it essentially is agreed by both sides that what was created was created from what we call nothing. The question is how this came about. Fedoras step out of science and into scientifically influenced philosophy and say "muh multiverse", invoking an unimaginable infinity to ward off another unimaginable infinity that would seem implied by the fine tuning, somehow acting securely as if there was sound scientific proof for something which exists outside of our visible universe let alone our entire plane of existence, all the while deriding the same type of thinking in religion. It's all an excuse to escape the fetters of tradition, which do not so much bind as feed; let them starve then, I suppose.

Evolution doesn't target a future at all; it's simply that things change slowly over time with minute generation to generation differences and tiny mutations, and that some adapt a creature better to being able to reproduce than others. These stick, the others don't. Some stick coincidentally even.

The planet becomes a marsh of wetlands and our means of food slowly die out. Over a long amount of time, millions or so, if our food persists, those who are born with the ability to gather nutrients from other sources that we cannot due to genetic mutations in the DNA, they will survive while let's say 80%that don't and die off. Those who can the 20%, will breed and pass those traits and create a new sub species who can live off what we cannot now. Now this cannot be the case as what if that mutation never happened, then that's where we go extinct over time. The end. It's random chance as pertains to our environment.

Average weight of a stone in the pyramids: 2.5 tons

Heaviest stone in the pyramids: 10 tons

Heaviest load the strongest modern cranes can lift: 1200 tons

Lake Titicaca: A normal lake
Teotihuacan: An ancient but mundane city
Ley lines: Don't exist, made up by autists obsessing over trying to find patterns in maps.

Holy shit you are retarded.

the interesting thing about natural selection is that inside of our dna there is already genetic code for all of those conditions. darwins finches are the coolests example of that, whatever changes they face their dna is already there to cope

I just know that I'd rather become chivalrous through my faith in Christianity then become a psychopath through my faith in Islam.
These two religions are coming at odds again not because of their faith but because of their way of life and you better pick a side or remain a bystander in the next flame of war.

Thanks for proving my point that people like you only refuse to believe in obvious, factual truths because you are too stupid/ignorant to know how they work.

>Ley lines: Don't exist, made up by autists obsessing over trying to find patterns in maps.
>three or more locations on earth in a straight lines is purely coincidence
Lake Titicaca is not just a "normal lake." It's the home place of the Incas.
Teotihuacan was built with stones that are precise even by modern standards.
>you are retarded
You too, faggot.

this. also notice how the (((media))) makes it seem like "Christianity" is "all religion".

(((They))) want the idea to be dead sooo bad

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/07/060714-evolution.html

"Instant" Evolution Seen in Darwin's Finches, Study Says

people don't know that evolution happens instantaneously and not over millions of years

Red herring.
Good argument, though, really made me think :^)

I love you guys so much, I know you don't like immigrants but I might move to Australia, I'll take all my money over there too and I have alot.

>'Archaeologist'

Lol is this what they're teaching in American universities these days? By archaeologist do you mean you've seen every episode of ancient aliens 5 times?

Been born in Czech republic. Never met person saying that Evolution is a lie. Come to GB. Meeting Christcucks telling me how evolution is secret scientist conspiracy made by Devil all the fucking time. If I ask them how come there are so many kinds of dogs when in olden biblical times there were not they cant answer. When i ask them how come there are black white and yellow people when there was only Adam and Eve in the beginning they cant explain.

It is sad really. I dont say there cannot be a creator or something but you have the accept the truth that the bible was written by people and not by the holy spirit.

Nope, like a legit archaelogy degree.
Also, ad hominem, good argument, Really made me think :^)

>ID: Ape
lmao

>unimaginable infinity that would seem implied by the fine tuning
Oh please, don't undermine yourself by advocating ID stupidity.

>the bible was written by people and not by the holy spirit.
Written by people, inspired by God.

there is nothing to support the ancient alient theory tho, it's a fun read and it's a fun idea, but there is nothing to give it any actual credibility, every ancient alien claim has been debunked.

>in history
>defeats own argument

lol ok

clearly 500 genders are correct too, and totally plausible scientifically

> really hates gay people.

Makes sense. Everyone hates gay people.

>Nope, like a legit archaelogy degree

Bullshit. Nobody that does a degree in archaeology comes out of it believing in ley lines and not knowing the techniques used by ancient peoples in monument building.

What did you write your dissertation on?

Does not really matter as long as you accept the fact that not everything people thought back then was true. Earth was not flat or center of universe for one thing.

If science would just muster the balls to confirm that abos and niggers are the "missing link", then we could finally put an end to the debate.

the only place where that would work is, unironically, reddit

>How has religion remained such a popular institution within American politics and her cultural dissonance?

Because religious Americans are fucking retarded.

> Because Americans are fucking retarded.

Fixed that for you.

I am not that surprised since it is in Burgerland. they dont really have much to dig over there so they waste their time on nonsensical theories like this.

>the universe has always existed ha ha christians are wrong
>no wait actually it was big banged but its real old ha ha christians are wrong
>we're in a simulation ha ha christians are wrong
>we evolved ha ha christians are wrong
etc.

So was God magically there forever or did he magically appear out of nowhere? Who has ever made the claim that The Big Bang Theory is 100% infallible? The entire reason it's called a theory is because it's open to criticism and improvement, which some of the smartest people in the world are doing as we speak, as well as working on new theories. The only people whose view of the origins of the universe and ourselves is "100% infallible" are religious people, because they are not open to any answer other than "God did it"

Yeah, because a Man in the fucking sky is the totally logical explanation of everything. Right, So you're telling me. That at the very beginning - There was just, A Man? HOW?? Before anything existed, there was just some random dude there? What fucking insane explanation does your fucking book give you for that? At the very beginning - The VERY VERY Start, There was just some old dude. Oh yeah, makes complete logical. A FUCKING BOOK provides all your answers to everything you know.
>A
>FUCKING
>BOOK

Science works bud. Just look at Abos and Blacks, and Asians. They're a good example of evolution in the time of many thousands of years. And trust me, if you + all these minor changes over time it equals to the massive changes you saw MILLIONS of years ago when apes one uped one to an up-right less-hairy version.

To just put it to you Christians aswell - No, we don't just one day pop into something different. It's not an instant process. It's an incredibly slow one. Alot of you seem to have that mistake..

wew strawman arguments

the only arguments ever used against Christianity, it would seem

>No, religion is a farce tradition, holding back progression with fundamentalist ideals.
wow, such progress

KYS

Ignoring the simulation stupidity no one actually believes, what is wrong with revising what you believe based on evidence?

It would be more effective if you remove " actually happened" and put "muslim think happened" or "jew think happened".

Thats because ancient aliens are suppressing the truth!

my nigga

you know the only feasible explanation to our universe and the creation of life is the multiverse theory. everything that exists is paradoxical to what we understand as natural science, even the earth being billions of years old, the universe is expanding, and for example the moon mose 4cm farther away from the earth every year, the is an observable fact, if you use astrophysics to dial that back within a few hundred thousand years the moon would be so close to the earth the tide would be hundreds of feet hight, not to mention the Roche limit. existence is a paradox.

moon mose 4cm

mose = moves
kek

What about the technologies in the past? We've built large structures that would otherwise be impossible with the narrative of these beginning civilizations.
I'm aware of the techniques ancient people used in monument building. To say that we've evolved from that era is just wrong.
I wrote my dissertation on the under-advanced English civilization.

He was clearly full of shit.

Anyone that has a degree in archaeology absolutely hates this ancient aliens stuff. Stone Age peoples accomplished some amazing stuff given their level of technology, learning about it makes you appreciate the human race. Hearing some faggot say "duh it was aliens" kinda diminishes those achievements.

Ironically given the subject of this thread, the vast majority of those achivements- pyramids, machu pichu, probably stonehenge, sistine chapel etc. were accomplished because those societies genuinely believed in a system of divinity that made the expenditure of labour worth it.

Its easy to mock religious belief systems, but its forms a massive part of our cultural heritage, like it or not.

Western Atheists are Christians. They are just MORE Christian than actual Christians. They are concerned with MORE moral signalling of Christian values than actual Christains. They want MORE progress and enlightenment than actual Christians when the renaissance and enlightenment where born out of Christianity and Christian ideals. Everything about atheism is a product of Christianity, the moral signalling the faith in progress and linear view of history as opposed to the cyclical view of the east the fixation on Social Justice etc. Atheists will always concern troll Christians about Jesus's proto socialism and about how bad and immoral the Crusades were and how the Church is so corrupt and doesn't practice what it preaches unlike atheists that are ultra humanist and rational (both Christian virtues).

Compare this attiutude with other Atheistic doctrines in Indian Buddhism And Chinese Confuscionism one basically denies that reality is real so nothing matters and you can basically avoid pooping in the loo because nuna dis matters the other is some fucked up ancestor worship cult/ state/imperial worshipping cult operating like an ant hive completely absent of morality just pure utilitarianism,

>there is nothing to support the ancient alient theory tho, it's a fun read and it's a fun idea, but there is nothing to give it any actual credibility, every ancient alien claim has been debunked.

>just a couple thousands slaves with stone tools

technology is not linear, and material used does not dictate knowledge. none of the structures built are impossible tho, most of it comes down to 'why would they' not 'how could they'. can you show one ancient tech that is far outside our understanding

>can you show one ancient tech that is far outside our understanding
Here you go.

>its not actually a tomb.

> about how bad and immoral the Crusades were

I was going to insult you, but then I saw you are a leaf. You probably voted for Trudeau so why bother?

You're a retarded monkey and I'm not an atheist.

and can you explain at what point in the construction of that proves aliens did it.
archive.archaeology.org/0705/etc/pyramid.html

> call others retarded
> while believing the crusades were bad

Heh, no. Fuck off Trudeau.

>none of the structures built are impossible tho
That's not what I'm saying. The technologies used to build the structures rival modern techniques.

Why do people think a pile of rocks is technologically advanced?

I wrote that atheists think the crusades were bad, not that I think they were bad.

they do, some are arguably more advanced , technology is not linear tho, tech today is not 1 degree better than tech yesterday , and tech in 20 days wont be 20 degrees better than todays. it's non-linear

it's not the rocks it's the math and astrology that was used to create their placement .
pi for on in the great pyramid of giza.

>my bwains chemicals make me dink ima was a rock!! The science guy on tv must be rly smat! I believe everyding he says so im smat too :DD

Leaf education

>I'm aware of the techniques ancient people used in monument building. To say that we've evolved from that era is just wrong.

Why? We have space shuttles, modern medicine, electron microscopes. If you had legit studied archaeology you'd know even the basic technological seriation patterns that led up to modern civilisation and the technology proceeding the earliest civilisations.

Just because Egyptian pyramid construction is outside of your understanding doesn't mean its outside of everybody else's.

In reality its an extremely primitive structure. You just put more stone underneath than there is on top and keep going from there. Ever noticed that any civilisation that learns of more advanced architecture of columns, domes etc. happens to stop building pyramids right around the same time?

The pyramid IS the technology.

How would you arrange that pile of rocks?
It's more than a pile of rocks. They are blocks of rock arranged in a mathematically accurate model of a pyramid. Not only that, the logistics of getting those heavy rocks from the quarry into place is another key point.
No true scotsman.

There's also a fuckton of species that haven't evolved in millions of years, there's plenty of fossil records showing species of fish, mice, sea urchins, frogs, toads, ducks, birds, crabs, lizards and snakes that existed during the Cretaceous. These species have remained the way they have been after generation after generation without evolving up until present day.

>proceeding the earliest civilisations.
And what civilisations would that be?

I am just going to wait while you conventiely ignore sites like Göbekli Tepe because it doesn't fit on to the established narrative that the current generation of archaeologists has built their life and career around.

>pro tip
Marine archaeology is where its at, and i am not talking about roman shipwrecks.

Tips le fedora. Go become one with the mud in which you trudge.

>picture of David
rlly?

>Göbekli Tepe

Why do people shill for this as if this is some paradigm shift of whatever the fuck?

>Ensures everyone has an minimal stake of the future of a nation.
marriage predates the nation-state

Of course, if you don't love Tumblr, they win.

> space shuttles
Not a modern Idea.
>Modern medicine
Functional medicine has been around since the beginning of time. People were aware of these. Examples include asprin, alcohol, cocaine, etc.
>Electron microscope
Just about the only modern invention.

Well if they're proceeding the earliest civilisations then they're not civilisations, and are more often referred to as cultures, e.g. Halstadt (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallstatt_culture) or for your native Sweden the Bromme (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromme_culture)

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/07/090730-spleen-vestigial-organs_2.html

History is littered with body parts that were called "useless" simply because medical science had yet to understand them, Laitman said.

"People say, You can remove it and still live. But you have to be careful with that logic," he said. "You could remove your left leg and still live. But whenever a body part is moved or changed, there's a price to pay."

In some cases, life in the developed world—rather than insufficient medical technology—has obscured important functions of vestigial organs.

The appendix, a narrow tube that hangs off one end of the colon, is probably the most famous "junk" organ. But it's turned out to be important even today—in certain circumstances.

"It's hard to figure out what the appendix does when you're studying superclean animals and people," said Bill Parker, assistant professor of surgery at Duke University Medical Center and one of the researchers who exposed the appendix's secrets in a 2007 Journal of Theoretical Biology study.

and saying the tailbone is useless based on a laymen colloquialism for it, durrr tail, we dunt has tails, there are several muscles and ligaments that connect to the coccyx which are crucial in our ability to walk and fuck.

This. There was a great flood.

>4cm per year
>65M years ago the moon was 2600km closer
>Moon is currently 384400km away
>Roche limit for the Moon is 9,492km
You're a retard.

OOhh shit..fedora wankers coming at full force.
There are a lot of holes in evolution theory as well in your logic thinking.
Your definition of 'human psyche' not only it's circular, but shallow and retarded
Human mind as a 'social construct' ignores the duality mind-body,free will and consciousness and it's one of the poison of marxism

>In reality its an extremely primitive structure.
What is the polar radius of the earth?
What is the (ancient) height of the pyramid?
What is the significance of the number 432 000 and why is it present in ancient mythology all over the world?
What is that number x the height of the pyramid?

Divide 432 000 by three and you get 144 000, which equals the 12 tribes of Israel at 12 000 people.

why is it always christians? Why not jews, muslims, or any other religion that makes a claim about the origin of humans? All you have to do is replace "christians" with "religious people"

>. Halstadt (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallstatt_culture)
>circa 800 BC — circa 500 BC
Literally more then 10000 years younger then Göbekli Tepe

Again
>I am just going to wait while you conventiely ignore sites like Göbekli Tepe
>Why do people shill for this as if this is some paradigm shift of whatever the fuck?
Because according to our contemporary experts it shouldn't exist because there was no civilisation around that time that could build it.

Why? Because people have always built close to the ocean and when the sea level rose it wiped away most of the traces of earlier civilisations.

kek what do you think they tides would be like 65m years ago?

life is a paradox, we shouldn't exist yet we do. get on board with the multiverse , it's your only hope.

Religion deals with the human experience, something science cannot really deal with in any satisfying way. I don't know what makes this so hard to understand, for both autistic sides of this argument.

Science can't explain everything, unless that explanation is just "lol, nihilism" and even if that's the case, it's not a good answer.

Religion can't just point to its texts anymore and say "well this sentence says this, must be true lol"

The two are not mutually exclusive, and depending on the dogma, they can be quite compatible and complementary.

Take the 800 gates of Valhalla and multiply that by the 540 warrior that was said to march out from said gates during Ragnarok and you get...

Wait, its the other way around. 540 gates and 800 einherjar. Still the same results though.

Are you saying these are related? I'm not sure what your overall argument is.

What about Göbekli Tepe? I genuinely don't see what it proves. You said there were no 'civilisations' around at the time (10,000BCE) to build it. But why does it need to be a civlisation? You accept that there were humans at this time in Anatolia right?

Christianity made america what it is. then the atheist jews invented communism and you fell for the kikes plan.

you are literally an enemy of america and should commit sudoku.

90% are jews

This thread is so euphoric

youtube.com/watch?v=c1ufK04tjOI

>Are you saying these are related? I'm not sure what your overall argument is.
Why don't you google and calculate and find out?

>But why does it need to be a civlisation?
Because hunter gatherers do not produce the food surplus required to support the people required to build such a site. According to the established narrative we where basically cavemen that didn't even have agriculture back then.
>You accept that there were humans at this time in Anatolia right?
I accept that there was an earlier civilisation that was spread around large parts of the globe.
>pic related from SA, a place that has never been inhabited by any one except a few capoid nomadic hunter gatherers.

You had rock, then you have monkeys, how did rock become monkeys?

you've obviously misunderstood religion entirely, thats usually the case with the athiest.