What's the deal with pity? is it an evolutionary thing so we don't kill ourselves to quickly?

what's the deal with pity? is it an evolutionary thing so we don't kill ourselves to quickly?

just imagine a world without pity, you go outside, glance at some alpha dude's wife, he kill's you just because, or you get killed and tortured just for fun. (not that this isn't happening but it's more an exceptional behaviour)

do you feel much pity? are you emphatic?

That in redibly stupid.

People don't kill each other simply because they feel pity.

Also a lack of pity doesn't mean you automatically enjoy inflicting pain on others.

Reciprocal behavior [I help you in return for you helping me] is the basis of most human social conduct. Concepts like empathy, pity, and altruism are just extensions of the "You scratch my back I scratch yours" principle. You may remember this principle from every religion ever, in the form of

The Golden Rule: Do good shit to others so they do good shit to you back. AND

The Silver Rule: Don't fuck with other people because they will fuck you up aka Don't Be A Dick.

People do this because its more productive then murderorgying all the time, and to help pass on their genes or some shit.

You do understand that social collaboration is a proven evolutionary strategy for a species?

>You may remember this principle from every religion ever,

You should have your brain torn apart you disgusting animal

thanks for clarifying

I'm actually an alien child learning about humans

>Implying I'm not fedora master race
>Being such an autist you can't even mention religion exists without sperging out

You should take 15,000mg melatonin

It's pro social behavior
>damn, that guy's having it rough. I'll help him out because I know I'd want someone else to do the same for me
>t. everyone
In a society with no welfare parasites it can actually work

forget to mention, I feel so much pity and empathy and don't expect anything in return. am I being c u c k e d by evolution?

>>Implying I'm not fedora master race
Shove your implying dick into your over used assuming ass
>>Being such an autist you can't even mention religion exists without sperging out
re read what you wrote inbred then hang yourself

Depends on how cuck we're talking.

Altruism is long term reciprocity. You help the poor and old because one day you might be poor or old and damn it someone is going to take care of you [or else!]

If you're just helping people because you can, good for you, if you're being a total bitch, then yes, you're being cucked, learn to stop being a bitch.

>If you're just helping people because you can

thanks again, guess I'm being a total bitch

Pitty is a evolutonery reflex. For self preservetion purposes.

Figthing to the death can kill you.
Figthing for dominance not.

Psyhfaggots can explain that better.

I'd throw you in a bottomless pit GERMAN

Yes they do.

You see the fear the terror in your victims face you stop.

Maybe you would. That prove you a mentall ill degenerate.
A subhuman.

Maybe you play stonk meme on the internet and face to face you would not.

Maybe there is a language barrier but if not, you should castrate yourself

hahahahaha

>are you empathetic

I'm very empathetic.

Pity/empathy are evolutionarily beneficial because they allow us to better understand one another and relate to one another. Which allows us to cooperate and get things done and just generally succeed in social situations. Which is how you survive, thrive, and attract a mate.

don't pity others misfortunes or else you might follow a path into self-pity which is much much worse. instead you should reflect on their actions and learn from them lest you want to fall into the same gyroscope of sadness, don't give them the attention that they seek.