Is transsexualism a form of OCD?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria
youtube.com/watch?v=KvY2ScZBCtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7xujgH_C2q8
dsm5.org/documents/gender dysphoria fact sheet.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if OCD stands for mental illness then yes

OCD would be a disorder. They claim that they are born this way so it would most likely be a mental illness.

>OCD
No faggotry is a mental illness

It's a form tourette's I think.
You can treat it like tourette's

It also doesn't work. Suicide rates are unchanged to increased after sex changes, even in places with no discrimination.

>I'm not trans so therefore it doesn't exist
I'm not black. I guess black people are a myth.

>strawman
Basket case spotted.

Transsexualism is literally a mental illness
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria

>places with no discrimination.
The moon?

Black doesn't exist, we are one race, the human race

What is your point?
Trans people are mentally ill. So yeah mental people do exists.

Great argument.
Directly from that article
>gender nonconformity is not in itself a mental disorder
Shows how much reading you're capable of doing before releasing a terrible source of information.
>tu quoque
Basket case detected.
Using metaphors is not the same thing as a strawman you troglodyte.

No.

'Transgender' people are officially diagnosed with an egosyntonic mental health disorder by a psychiatrist. Depending upon the mental health diagnoses manual the psychiatrist uses, the diagnosis is for Gender Identity Disorder/Gender Identity Syndrome/or Gender Dysphoria.

Less than .03% of the population is affected with GID/GIS/GD. Symptoms of this syndrome are all mental health based: depression, anxiety, unease with their bodies, suicidal thoughts. The suicide rate of GID/GIS/GD sufferers is 20% compared to under 1% of the normal population. Both the psychiatric and medical fields recognize GID/GIS/GD as a mental health issue.

Current standard treatment for the mental health diagnosis consists of psychiatric therapy and later prescription medication with synthetic hormones. Psychiatric therapy is the foundation of their treatment, and no doctor or psychiatrist proceeds with synthetic hormones without concurrent psychiatric therapy. The current treatment is recognized by both psychiatrists and medical doctors as moderately effective in reducing their rate of suicide, depression, anxiety, dysphoria, and other accompanying mental health symptoms of GID/GIS/GD to varying degrees of success. Sexual reassignment surgery is effective in relieving these mental health symptoms short term but fails to provide relief long term.

People with GID/GIS/GD have a much higher prevalence of Body Dysmorphic Disorder and Body Integrity Disorder, noting that in both, the sufferers have a pervasive delusional view of their own bodies that cripples their normal functioning. Here are 2 patients who suffer from both GID and BDD concurrently.

youtube.com/watch?v=KvY2ScZBCtQ

youtube.com/watch?v=7xujgH_C2q8

The transgender 'movement' works to make this mental health diagnosis seem normal, and to push legal, policy and social changes on the normal 99.97% of society, that are disproportionate to the actual numbers of sufferers of this rare mental health issue.

If it's a mental disorder, why does crossdressing feel so good?

It's a form of inhibition. Much like OCD is an inhibited compulsive thought process, trannies have inhibited sexual urges. When you mix gratification in, such as encouraging compulsive cleaning or encouraging mutilation, they can't distinguish a thought from reality, and delusion sets in.

We try and cure this via medication, but neuroplasticity has molded the brain to accept pleasure from this new act. It's not that it is moral or correct (science is amoral), but it is treated as moral because science cucks look to the morally void for answers.

Amen brother.

We should still stick to our own lands and races tho, purely on practical grounds.

True, you'll find that there are only minor physiological differences between races. Any notion of differing intelligence is either a concept from the late 1800s or righty propaganda. Or just misinformation, too.
>Trans people are mentally ill
According to you. I'm sure you're an expert on the subject.
Tell you something, the largest source of information on mental illnesses doesn't classify it as such, but I'm sure that's just lefty propaganda, too. So I'm supposed to believe you on what grounds?

trans is mental illness
just like how most blacks are niggers
just facts

You're literally retarded.

Nice mental gymnastics.

>The transgender 'movement' works to make this mental health diagnosis seem normal, and to push legal, policy and social changes on the normal 99.97% of society, that are disproportionate to the actual numbers of sufferers of this rare mental health issue.

That's a conservative estimate from the 2011 study you're using, I see.

What you're describing is AGP, not gender dysphoria.

Trans people are mentally ill, but in the same way that depression is a mental illness. It's something that doesn't have a treatment short of either a) allowing the person to transition, or b) don't and they're miserable. At least we don't have those conversion clinics and asylums basically attempting to torture the dysphoria out.

Your two, quality posts have consisted of nothing but buzzwords that have been branded into your shrunken brain through repetition. I am not suffering from cognitive dissonance; it is not defined as mental illness by anyone in the scientific community. You are disagreeing with peer-reviewed research, and I'm the retarded one.
Nice, fuck yourself, you charlatan.

>According to you. I'm sure you're an expert on the subject
It applies to you too. You are no expert.

Gee public research is now PC paint me surprised. There is no amount of research that can compare to everyday experience of thousands of people that they share with each other.
You can't prove anything without a meme study of like 50 people by a man that himself is mentally unstable person.
So you want me to believe in something that doesn't reflect on reality but is "scientific".

If it works, how come I can still tell that's a dude?

Pic related is a female.

By that logic arguing is pointless because you have effectively discredited any legitimate research in order to make your argument stronger. So you win, I guess. All science is just leftist propaganda! You're not crazy or delusional at all.
LMAO
You people are the degenerates, not the innocent folk you like to scapegoat. The irony is lost on you, I'm sure.

Personally think there is a link with add,adhd medication and sissy,tranny,gender crisis,cross dressers.

Because they didn't transition early enough in life. That's why it's so important to allow children to transition before puberty - it will dramatically cut suicide rates. And you wouldn't be able to tell a difference.

Assuming this isn't a falselflag, the only poster with sense on the whole board.

>Because they didn't transition early enough in life. That's why it's so important to allow children to transition before puberty - it will dramatically cut suicide rates. And you wouldn't be able to tell a difference.

kill yourself you sick fuck. You god damn Pedo bear.

I'm all for using the mentally ill as commercialized pharmaceutical lab rats. In this case it is a required step to become as Gods.

Please show me a legitimate research by a respected member of scientific society not first year college students
with clear information about participants their control group on subject that can lead to any conclusions and respects margin of error.
Then repeat it many times across the world in many places and I will call it a scientific proof.

Other than that reading in a random journal that "scientist" have stumbled upon surprising results by
making a mistake or conducting a shitty experiment or ignoring margin of error makes you an ignorant.

>child abuse
>making sense

kys

>tfw your country puts trannies in jail when they fool partners into sex

Feels good, man. Bottom line is this: normal people are never, ever, EVER going to accept being hoodwinked into doing homosexual stuff. Lesbians are never, ever going to 'not care' that you have a dick instead of a vag. So good luck with the murders, assaults and prison terms as you keep pushing your agenda.

Pic related: no tranny will never, ever, ever look like this.

If Transitioning works why does it not move the suicide rate?

Real discrimination not immaginary discrimination user. No discriminated groups in history have a suicide rate like that either. Fucking slaves in bondage, soldiers in war, and jews in camps and nothing comes out like the mentally ill. They need help and we are all responsible for the sin of indulging instead of helping.

If it works, why does he still look like a faggot?

You should be hung for promoting child abuse. Its sick.

But you're wrong, those aren't the only two options. Therapy and medication has proven to be very effective for helping a transsexual accept their body. A man believing he is a female born inside a male body and thus should chop his penis off, ingest large amounts of hormones and steroids, and insert silicone into his breath is insane. If someone with bipolar or schizoprahnia starts saying I'm a new world prophet and you all should listen to my word puzzle message we don't pander to them. We give them lithium and therapy. This is really no different.

Read the fucking DSM-V you indoctrinated swine. The burden of proof is not on me. You are making claims that I have refuted with evidence already.
The sources you're requesting are readily available to you. Enter your arguments with knowledge, don't expect them to be spoonfed to you like welfare.
Something tells me that denying a child their identity would constitute child abuse, not the other way around. If the child wants it, that's their choice. Not yours, no matter how many repetitive "points" you make.

if a tranny estrogen abomination had a sudden jolt of self-awareness, would it kill itself more likely than just a mentally ill dude?

At this point there is nothing you can do to stop it, and the majority of society agrees that your wish to deny these children the right to a happy life is the real abuse.

Your futile, exasperated cries are amusing.

If a child wants to be a dinosaur should we mutilate them too look like one?

>Find yourself an argument
Read it yourself and present it as an argument unless you are talking about it out of your ass.

dsm5.org/documents/gender dysphoria fact sheet.pdf
O gee Willy. Apparently they are not normal people after all.

>denying a child their identity

>implying children are mature enough to make this decision
>implying them transitioning early is going to get rid of the giant teenage bro-feet that remind you of your high school locker room
>my fucking sides

This.

Trannies are actually MORE likely to kill themselves after transitioning. If sexual reassignment surgery is the cure to their gender dysphoria, then why does it make things worse?

Encouraging these people to mutilate themselves is equivalent to instructing an anorexic person to go on a diet. When people have mistaken beliefs about themselves you don't indulge their mistakes, you correct them.

You are right. I should have let my kid jump from the window when he said he was spiderman. Who am I to tell him who he is or isn't baka

What trannies don't understand is people are never going to NOT care.

There is never going to be some wonderful, tranny-friendly utopia where a guy (or a lesbian) takes a chick home from the pub, discovers she has a dick and is like 'meh, not a problem'. There is never going to be some wonderful, tranny-friendly utopia where people who want to start families aren't bothered to find out they can't because their partner is the same sex as them.

It's lunacy.

>"When children who reported transgender feelings were tracked without medical or surgical treatment at both Vanderbilt University and London's Portman Clinic, 70%-80% of them spontaneously lost those feelings." — Paul R. McHugh, Distinguished Professor of Psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
Yeah, let's allow children to transition even though 70-80% of them will change their minds later. Sound workable.

What will you do with the remaining 20-30%?

I've fapped to her gifs, hot

This desu.