Man versus Machine

Should it boil down to human led factions fighting machine led factions, which would you side with?

>machines

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BVw9XnGghOg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nah, if machines ever get the level of power they can dominate all of humanity and does NOT have the order to keep them alive, we will simpy get wiped out. Quick and efficent, not like in Terminator

Post sexy robobs

Shit thread.

I'd wager the most peaceful solution would be a merger

there are plenty on tumblr, but i will oblige

what do you mean with merger? cyborgs?

I guess in the end it comes down to how they are programmed. If there is left any room for weird interpretations on the robots side, then it will surely end in a catastrophe

more or less yes, that would be the ideal outcome.
Humans free from the chains of nature

there will always be limits to physics but you'd be free of needless inefficiencies

think, no more defeciencies, no more conflicts of interests

no more reasons to raze the world to the ground over reasons tied to the mortality of man

Yeah I can see that, eventually we could survive much longer with bionic organs etc (would require high birth control though) Also it would be great to have 90% of the work done by robots

not even done by robots, maintained by robots

some supermassive AI controlling the rest like a man o war's tentacles

I just hope luddites won't ruin this

you autists will get rejection from both fractions.

Hm but then there would be no fun left for humans, no endgame either. The sole purpose of such an AI would be to keep things running.

I imagine more of a perfect world for humans with nothing to worry about. Hell, I don't even care if I end up as a fat pack of laziness like in Wall-E as long as I don't have to work anymore

Humans, because machines have no idea how to deal with randomness, and unfortunately, the universe has lots of it

From a thread I saw at /gif/ the other day, the machines are already taking our women

we would have nothing to worry about with what we know now.

but likely with this AI we would discover even greater issues/problems, but this time at least being able to solve them with less primative minds.

I'd live for eternity with XJ9
But transhumanism is shit

M o r e J e n n y

fucking robots

exactly

youtube.com/watch?v=BVw9XnGghOg

augmentation isnt exactly transhumanism, right?

sure

Sounds like a slippery slope to me, even if you joined the robots side. Depending on the advancements of the robots, they wouldn't need humans. Cyborgs would be inferior to humans unless the robots haven't made themselves self-thinking instead of algorithms

How can flesh "men" even compete?

I can only pray for cyborgs. A robot will never love me, but a cyborg atleast has the capability of love

I dunno, I know sci-fi isnt very accurate, but Jensen isnt exactly inferior to a human, no?

I suppose it would depend on what machines would define as their end goal. But perhaps having the entirety of logic under their grasp, they would want affection?

If you ever happen to be in Prague, they have an amazing sex machines museum. Stuff like that has been around for ages. There existed dildo extensions for vacuum cleaners in the 60s for fucks sake. Don't get scared of machines user

I imagine an end goal would be for robots to develop self-awareness and morality. It would be a weakness, but depending how their advancement goes.

Machines

THERE ARE NO HEROES LEFT IN MAN

THEY'LL WATCH YOU DIE TO SAVE THEIR LIVES

THEY WILL NOT STAND THERE BY YOUR SIDE

Human Morality is limited by our mortality.
Mechanical beings, while potentially immortal, would not likely at the start be created with moral compasses in mind.

The best would be both sides acknowledging they have benefits for each other.

also, please ignore my post number, I assure you I have no ill will.