Horror general

Post recommendations, requests, favourites, etc. What's everyone watching tonight?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BsRR2ay-_Bs
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_Night_Stalker
youtube.com/watch?v=YASj8IuQ_Yw&app=desktop
youtube.com/watch?v=998dVSMjbsw
imdb.com/title/tt2885364
youtube.com/watch?v=q8Nx3T0v12A
youtube.com/watch?v=5frkgw44IAo
youtube.com/watch?v=CeTolJ1hKL0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How come these threads never work out?

>tfw constant reylo shipping threads hitting bump limit

I've been on a Jeepers Creepers kick lately, but I feel guilty cause Victor Salvo is an actual monster
youtube.com/watch?v=BsRR2ay-_Bs
It's kinda like Chris Benoit matches, it still has a sorta soft spot in my heart.

Almost no good horror movies :(

But that said, pic related is good horror movie

I don't know but I wish they would.

I really liked rec 2. Faster pace than 1 and legit scary.

Horror is one of those things where it doesn't have to be "'good"" just memorable and entertaining in some way. I do think the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre is the most perfect/greatest horror film ever though.

So is rec actually good then? It's a bunch of found footage short stories right?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_Night_Stalker

Biopic when?

Horror isn't a genre worth discussing

The first one is kind of slow but still decent, the second one is a lot of fun. The third and fourth are b flicks that just use the name to market the movies. Stay away from the third and fourth.

Re-watching Blair witch project tonight, possibly evil dead trilogy next or new Blair witch since I haven't seen that

What did you guys think of The Ritual? I thought it was pretty comfy.

TBWP is SHIT. One of the worst movies I have ever seen!

>le nothing happens meme

I liked it, especially the first half that cabin was creepy. I was a fan of the style of scares they use, creature is always visible in background you just don't notice like Alien. Deflated a bit for me toward the end and I didn't like the yellow eyes it had

how does it feel being a filmlet?

is the vhs series any good?

bump

The Shining you idiots.

The guy is an annoying fuck but he makes an interesting case for tbwp
youtube.com/watch?v=YASj8IuQ_Yw&app=desktop

1 and 2 are bearable but stay the fuck away from 3.

Watch The Ritual

why would they want to kill her

Decided to watch it follows based on anons recommendations. I'll start by saying that I really enjoyed. Some things:
1)people said there were jump scares but I wouldn't classify any of it as jumpscares really. The dude walking into her room is hardly a jump scare
2)I was thoroughly surprised by how "realistic" the film was. IE when her boyfriend drops her off she doesn't go into full "we gotta solve this mode". The police get involved. Time passes. Etc.
3)its hard to really classify it as horror I guess. I mean it is but it is super comfy. There's a lot of character development and tension building. Also the soundtrack is kino.
4)main actress a cute.

Its set in the 50s or something? I dunno why I didn't pick up on that until they started watching television. But that girl has some weird clamshell eReader. All around very interesting.

watching leviathan right now, much better than deepsstar six based peter weller

What horror movie or scene did terrify you last? I honestly can't remember... The Others made a deep inpact on me as a kid but the last thing was probably the amateur clip from Mexico in Signs. I really have a soft spot when it comes to aliens, especially abduction. Fire in the sky comes now on my mind too.

Why does anyone kill anyone

How bad is the remake of bwp?

grave encounters (not the second shit one) is the best footage horror in history. Can't be proven wrong.

>leave footage behind

It's a neat theory but doesn't hold up

Don't, people love Roman Polanski after all the shit they pull. hell half of hollywood is getting away with it
he just got caught

Never heard of this, looks good

,>Is it set in the 50's

It's set in Detroit

Dogshit

heres a mockumentary on the blair witch released before the actual movie for anyone interested

youtube.com/watch?v=998dVSMjbsw

>I do think the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre is the most perfect/greatest horror film ever though
I agree, I haven't seen anything that comes close to being as good. It's a shame pretty much everything else Hooper directed sucked ass. Makes me thing TCM was a fluke.

you're thinking of VHS. REC is about a zombie outbreak in a small apartment building, the first 2 are actually pretty good. i think the 3rd and 4th dropped found footage and went in a more ridiculous direction but i haven't heard great things.

the VHS movie shorts are hit and miss. the first VHS has 1 great short, 3 average-decent ones, and 1 shit one (which of course winds up being the longest one). VHS 2 has 2 great shorts, 1 decent one, and a shit one. VHS 3 Viral, all but 1 of the shorts are shit. I'd avoid Viral altogether.

A Dark Song was pure kino anons, I highly recommend it. Good grounded or "realistic" take on the occult. A slow burn though

How is the new one?

All 3 of them are great, don't listen to anyone saying the 3rd is crap.

Ta man

>tfw Antichrist has ruined every single horror movie I've seen since, and even retroactively ruined older ones I used to like
Was there ever a more perfect horror kino? I feel like nothing will ever come anywhere close. I've seen it about 5 times and I still get as scared as I was the first time.

Not really horror but I liked that one a lot.

You're welcome user, just finished it myself was good and makes it seem pretty obvious it was the witch from the get-go, haven't seen new bw though

>There's no sex magic in this fuckin' ritual!

Man, Solomon was a creep.

A granny looting bodies is not scary.

It's garbage stop advertising it

It was ok but it turned to absolute garbage by the time they got to the cultist house.
Characters were some of the most unlikable I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot considering the horror genre.

Post your favourite horror actors

Pic related and Lance Henriksen

Atkins sans mustache in Creepshow is one of the most unsettling things I've ever seen.

Just watched Better Watch Out. I didn't have any expectations at all and didn't know anything about the plot. Pretty sure that made me appreciate this more. It was pretty damn entertaining. One of the more messed up movies I've seen recently.

Do you want to fuck me next to your dead mother user?

Sad times indeed, wish those idiots would take that shit to tumblr where it belongs.

far more interesting than the Babysitter, at least

Horror got shit canned as a genre a decade ago, now everything is lowest effort found footage or pretentious social-issue allegories that are embarrassed to be horror.

Fucking same dude, no other movie has ever gotten close to spooking my nerves like the tension in Antichrist

Melancholia did it too but I wouldn't classify it as horror. I find Antichrist more pleasant to watch though. The anxiety Melancholia gives me is too fucking crippling.

There's been plenty of horror in the last decade that isn't what you just posted

Like what?

The Autopsy of Jane Doe, IT, those ouja movies,the void, better watch out etc

Why does nobody ever talk about the fact that Mexico of all places recently put horrorkino back on the menu?

good movie, I still dunnu why everybody seems hate the final part.

So yeah, a bare handful of movies, all of which are bland and unoriginal (other than the void). Meanwhile 90% of the films released in the same time period are what I was talking about.

Man, I remember all the hype before this movie was released. So many people thought it was real. Even relatives to the actors bought it and called their parents, asking if it was true (must've been pretty distant relatives though). The PR for this movie was something else.

About to watch the Wailing on Netflix. At 2hr30 long, I'm hoping its worth it

>the Wailing
Its pretty good, check out bedevilled if you like it.

fine ill list more you complete fucking sperg

Split, Don't Breathe, The Wailing, The Ritual, The Conjuring 2, The Hallow, Bone Tomahawk, Krampus, Backcountry and The Boy. inb4
>hurrr they all suck too
none of these are found footage or shitty social metaphors

Haven't seen The Babysitter cause it's marketed as a horror comedy while this was tagged as horror/thriller. I thought the cover (and the title) for Better Watch Out looked like typical horror comedy but since it wasn't tagged as one, I gave it a go. A deeply disturbing movie in a lot of ways.

its late and dark should I re-watch the blair witch project

I don't want to have nightmares

half of those are thrillers not horrors, you retarded mong

watch The Ritual

Just finished it, was pretty good 8/10 fuck woods

I watched it the other night

try Willow Creek
>imdb.com/title/tt2885364

ignore the shitty rating, I thought it was great as far as low budget lost-in-the-woods horror movies go

I agree with you and could add more to the list like Resolution, Blood Punch, The House at the End of Time, Black Mountain Side, I am Not a Serial Killer etc.

>The Conjuring 2
>The Hallow
>Krampus
>The Boy
Bad

>Split
>Don't Breathe
Not a horror film, also bad.

>Backcountry
>Bone Tomahawk
Not horror movies

>The Ritual
>The Wailing
Decent horror movies.

You can't even fill out a ten item list without including a bunch of thrillers and Z grade garbage... like I said, 90% of horror films released in the last ten years are found footage or allegorical. If you want to start talking about horror movies that aren't either of those two things and also GOOD, then its going to be a very short list.

Willow Creek is underrated. People probably expected something else and that's why they give it a low score. I liked it because it was such a slow burner.

added to the list thanks user, watching blair witch anyway

Don't listen to this guy unless you want to watch the most boring found footage film imaginable with a standard blair witch ending.

I would slowly burn the main girl

post those 90 percent then, and what made the previous decade so much fucking better

Also, the australian horror movies Housebound and The Loved Ones. The latter is from 2009 though.

It's quite slow, but I did not find it boring. The couple had a great chemistry and made the movie very believable
Plus that long tent scene was tense as fuck

This

The Incident by the same director is also great.

Safe Haven is pure fucking kino, I love the constant bait&switch with the supernatural elements.
>Machine malfunctioning, oh it's just bad batteries
>Woman is getting sick, oh it's just pregnancy sickness
>I guess this cult is just a normal cult
And of course everyone loves the Succubus short.

Yeah it is

>post those 90 percent then
That would be 100s of films, idiot.

>Dog soldiers
>28 days later
>The descent
>Let the right one in
>The devil's backbone
>Dawn of the dead
>Resident evil
>Ring
>original saw
>The mist
>Matyrs

Then to cap it off, [rec] and drag me to hell beat the shit out of any recent found footage or allegorical films too.

is It follows worth watching?

Oh yeah and

>Cube
>mimic
>Event horizon
>Sleepy hollow
>Ravenous
>Sixth sense

etc.

Didn't they make a full lenght feature film about the succubus?

Yeah pretty cool little movie, great atmosphere.

yes, most definitely

Yup

>That scene where she pegs the dude with her tail and goes in dry instead of pausing to sensually lube it up with her own saliva.

Add 30 Days of Night to the list. To be honest I don't really think there's such big difference between horror from the 00's and the 10's though.

Had a creepy vibe and the acting was bearable. It could be less of a "U FOOKIN WOT MEATE" to be considered even remotely Kino.

First half is found footage kino. The second is meh.

what the fuck was his problem?

not all of those are horror either you fucking faggot

Stop saying this shit. Why was it not a horror movie? What about its set up, its delivery and its pay off is not a fucking horror movie?

very nice
cute girls too
why are americans so ugly compared to euro girls?

Can anyone recommend something creepy? I don't want a jump scare galore, something like Babadook or act 2 of Doki Doki Literature Club.

>inb4 Both are shit

Just takin' a piss.

Every single one of them is a horror film, spaz.

Is "In the Mouth of Madness" the only true Lovecraftkino?

This fucked me up way more

>women in charge of directions

Their diet.

Really shit B movie

It's a shame because horror seems to have incredible returns at the box office at the moment, it's a great franchise with a good mythology so you'd think they would put a little effort into the production values and could have made a kick-ass sequel set 28 years in the future.

Instead we got this really crappy B movie set between the other two movies.

I thoroughly enjoyed the french movie Raw.
It's basically one of the only horror movies I've seen past 2000 that are pure horror-genre, without thriller. It's very good, and probably one of the most fucked up movies I've seen.

K I C K T H E M A P
I
C
K

T
H
E

M
A
P

Coming from reading all of the comics I was honestly disappointed by the movie. I did appreciate how vampires were depicted though, but I expected more. If you ever do get the chance, read the original run. The one set in space is a scarier topic to me, but the comics don't do a very good job of telling the story.
>Only thing that really messes me up is the occult, any recommendations?
>Can't watch Obey the Walrus (last time I watched that was when I was 12, never again)
Favorite horror are Suspiria and The Exorcist (don't scare me, but I think they're beautiful)
>don't understand the David Lynch hard-on here either
>watched Inland Empire and Lost Highway
>let me just throw away my new start and future for this literal whore I just met lmao
fuck off

I'm having about 8 friends over and they're asking me to put on some scary shit - they usually watch popcorn flicks like capeshit.

What's a good recommendation that won't be too fucking obscure

taking of deborah logan should be up their alley while being decent enough of itself

I actually read some of the first comics quite recently. The first arc that the movie is based on is pretty solid. The second arc is just as bad as the second movie is. The other ones I read were sorta hit and miss. I think there was an X-Files crossover too?

le 56% faces

Aw what a pity, I liked those films too.
You would have thought they'd have the budget to make it properly.
The other ones were really popular.
Ah well, with sequels it's always a possibility to fuck everything up.

>TBWP is SHIT. One of the worst movies I have ever seen!
Pretty much this. It's fucking annoying.

t. Josh

It's a good film but somehow it doesn't feel like horror, more that genre called a chiller.
Btw that's a good genre to look into if people want their horror fix but can't put a finger on what style of horror they've been looking for.
i.e more suspenseful, atmospheric and thought provoking.

jacob's ladder
alien
texas chainsaw massacre
henry: portrait of a serial killer
the thing

mine

As an oldfag I can say that the movie has not stood the test of time at all. But when it came out I loved it and everything surrounding it. It was such an original thing back then with the promotion. Me and my friends were 11 at the time and we wasn't sure if what we were watching was real or not. That played a huge role in how we experienced the movie. Seeing it today is not the same thing.

literally nothing scary about it. the randomness of this scene just makes it funny.

watching this tonight

good list user here's mine

1. The Exorcist (1973)
2. The Thing (1982)
3. Jacob's Ladder (1990)
4. Blair Witch Project (1999)
5. Psycho (1960)
6. The Witch (2015)
7. Frankenstein (1931)
8. An American Werewolf in London (1981)
9. The Phantom of the Opera (1925)
10. In the Mouth of Madness (1994)

it had potential, but in the end, it's just boring trash with a retarded ending.

is that even horror

as an oldfag its stood the test of time for me, still find it more unsettling than most horror

Dagon is kino

just watched it a couple nights ago, it was pretty good. the only thing that bothers me is the unresolved plotline of wether she got the wax off her pubic hair or not

Any recs for good horrors on Netflix?
watched It Follows last night and enjoyed it.

Eyes were the problem for me too. The head with the 4 limbs looked cool as hell too.

sounds scary brah

>Me and my friends were 11 at the time
Well, I was 23, so I hated it back then.

>as an oldfag its stood the test of time for me, still find it more unsettling than most horror
I have tried to watch it several times as an adult but I just can't invest myself in the movie. It's just not the same thing anymore to me.

If you're talking about It Follows, I'm pretty sure the director said they purposely used props from different eras so it would be tough to pin down the year. The cars are all from the 80s, the tv shows they watch are from the 50s, the soundtrack is almost like a 90s throwback.

I saw it a year after it came out, so I wasn't caught up in the gimmick of it I guess, I just found the tent shit at night super creepy, love how it leaves alot to the imagination

Yeah, you were older and smarter than us who fell for everything basically. I'm guessing we just were the perfect target audience.

Just watch these:
Alien
The Shining
Rosemary's Baby
Misery
American Werewolf in London

The Others is one of the most underrated horror movies of the last twenty years. Great atmosphere in than one.

the ritual

It's weird, I watched it by myself first and I thought it was fantastic and told my brother he's gotta see it. We watched it together the next week, and it wasn't nearly as good as I remembered.

I feel like I want rosmarys baby and TCM in there

>I wasn't caught up in the gimmick of it I guess
You missed out. The TV-segments about the movie, the newspaper articles etc were all just a part of the PR. It was genius (for the time).
Having internet acces at home was still pretty new back then so the blair witch project site was like "evidence" for us that it was real. No critical thinking what so ever. When older siblings told us it's fake etc we sort of started questioning it but we just wanted it to be real so badly that we fooled ourselves into thinking it.

I wouldn't call it underrated. It was praised as fuck when it came.

bump

What am I in for tonight?

Haven't seen heard its good, first slasher right?

It's good

I liked the music, and the fact that it was more grotesque than I expected.

also, father getting mauled by dogs is pretty nice

Saw Conjuring 2 last night.
It was better than the first. The nun was scary at first but they started to over do it at the end.

The strong family values theme was nice though.

>well i think

>proceeds to spoiler the movie like a fucking 10 year old teenager

I liked it, ending was lackluster though.

Fire in the sky is pure kino

What even is that shit? Fucking sneedposting, an actually divisive and funny meme unique to Cred Forums that produces OC, gets banned while that nonsense has constant threads.

I kind of want to watch those movies but the whole thing about the story being written by two frauds just jacking themselves off turns me off

Against my better judgement about to watch nu-blair witch, what am I in for?

How is Luke or Hutch unlikeable in any sense of the word?

kek this

Nothing of value is lost too bro. The crooked man scene is cringe.

dont do it

a very generic modern found footage movie that misses the point of the original

its not even found footage you retard

are you sure about that

did you even watch the film?

this is the only good horror movie

youtube.com/watch?v=q8Nx3T0v12A

1 minute in and its already shit

do you know what movie is even being talked about

there's still time to back out, user. the most interesting thing i think it had going for it was breaking the matchstick man gag which it spoiled in the trailers anyways

>last week in a horror thread people were recommending The Innkeepers
>decided to watch
>absolutely hated it
damn you Cred Forums

I'm bored and unfortunately curious because you see heather so I'm going to stick it out, never saw a trailer so dont know what you are talking about

its not heather its the protagonist in a time loop

now turn off that shitty movie

Wow. Quite the writer. Sounds like someone has been watching “Dirty Harry” a few too many times.

2 spooky

>Anna Faris

why do they have a fucking drone, is this an american thing

and why is there added music/ambience

those digits dont lie

Only saw the US remake, trying to find a version of the original with subtitles

never fall fot Ti West meme

don't bother. It's literally shot-for-shot remake

A Dark Song

Perfectly encapsulates what makes a good occult movie, relying on thick atmosphere and rich mythosbuilding.

The time rewind shit was fucking retarded and ruined the entire movie for me.

that's the intention, you got played.

So the intention of the movie was to shoehorn some dumb bullshit in that has nothing to do with the rest of the movie? Oh okay.

>less than halfway
>already shown the blair witch

lol

One of my absolute favorite movies.

>nothing to do with the rest of the movie
it has plenty to do with it, you just missed the clues. watch it again.

Nah, it's not creepy or fun enough for a rewatch, despite me missing 'clues' for what seems like the violence fantasy of some edgy teenager.

youtube.com/watch?v=5frkgw44IAo

I have a fetish for subtle horror. Anything else like ghost video?

most of the "scares" in this movie are the people startling each other for no fucking reason

Interesting horror anthology, if you enjoyed V/H/S or Trick 'r Treat you may like this one

>tent fucking flies into the air

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I liked it. The third act was too literal for some people, but at the same time I give them props for an original creature design. The ending is vague enough that you can still say its open-ended or just symbolic. I would say this movie borrows alot from The Descent, Blair Witch, and Predator. Nothing new but I actually cared about the protagonist. And those visuals with the flourescent store lights mixing with the woods? That was awesome.

Candyman...

that sucked dude

It was a fantastic film, I loved it. The creature design at the end and the Norse mythology part was great. I don't see it as being open to interpretation at the end

Never ever seen this mentioned on Cred Forums. A classic. I watched this so many times when I was a teenager.

TBWP is the worst horror I've ever seen. If anyone deserved to die in a film it was that bunch of fucking clueless spastics

Anything by Luck McKee.

Which should I watch first?

Last thing that really made me jump (like literally) was a certain scene I won't spoil in Amityville II. Terribly underrated movie, considering everybody regards the first one as a classic while being the inferior one. Granted, we were high out of our asses, but that atmosphere was EFFECTIVE regardless.

>better watch out
>horror

Sunday Night TV kino right there.

Never heard of The Woman before, but for some reason it's been popping everywhere today.

Probably The Woman, All Cheerleaders Die I really enjoyed - funny too, Red was great - Brian Cox on good form

How is the new Blair Witch not found footage?

because it had a cameraman

Fuck, I seriously don't remember if it was found footage or not. I don't remember anything of the movie at all. It was that bad.

Pure kino

user is just being a retard, it was found footage

Step aside, filmlets, here comes the real obscure patrician KINO
youtube.com/watch?v=CeTolJ1hKL0

is The Void good?
is Southbound good?
what are some good "fucks with you" horror movies released recently?
Favorite TCM film?

The Void has shit lighting to cover their gore which was worse than the movie they tried to rip off. Pretentious "lovecraftz xD" and extremely underworked character development are in there too. Wouldn't recommend unless you want to know why Carpenter kino can't be beat.

Lucy was a qt in that movie

What the fuck was this shit?

Wtf user, did I just get MKultra'ed

Your mom

A well made atmospheric horror movie with good symbolism

I watched Manhunter last night and I'm gonna follow it up with Silence of the Lambs since I haven't seen it in over a decade. Hope it holds up.

Are there any horror documentaries you guys like? I really enjoy the "Fear of God" doc that's on The Exorcist DVD. Friedkin was a madman.

>94832856
The fucking moose anteater was shit

need more ghost/woods kino recommends

A film that was definitely terrifying on release but that doesn't hold the test of time at all. The characters are bad and unlikeable, the plot development is dumb, the music is annoying. It has some good visuals, the plot has some nice ideas and the mask is genuinely unerving, but it's a lot of wasted potential.
If you want a movie with a similar plot but that is much more unnerving and fucked up, watch pic related.

I like REC 1 and 3. 2 was shitty.

Mah nigga
Also, this movie is pretty creepy too.

That's called "being impressed", and it's what actually good movies do to you. Welcome to the ascended club.

Excluding the ending, this movie would be a 9/10 and in the same tier as Blair Witch Project.

I randomly watched Creep (the new one which has nothing to do with the 2004 one) and it's one of the best horror movies I've seen. Don't wanna spoil anything desu. It's good, watch it.
In a time where literal garbage like Babadook are highly rated in the horror genre, it's a really welcome breath of fresh air.

This is on Amazon. Best found footage I've seen since Blair Witch, never see anyone on here mention it.

also, this one on youtube called 'Rorschach' is actually pretty fuckin good too

>TFW ascended club

>that ending

This. Absolute shit.

Yeah that movie is pretty neat. The ending is top notch.