LOOK MORTY, I TURNED MYSELF INTO AN ATHEIST

>LOOK MORTY, I TURNED MYSELF INTO AN ATHEIST
>I'M ATHEIST RICK!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2lcZQKDu5rY
archive.fo/ebQDa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>godless heathens btfo
Is there anything more pathetic than an Atheist?

What kind of Atheist? A Seth MacFarlane/Justin Roiland-brand Atheist or an Atheist who's actually willing to listen to the Christian side?

>Is there anything more pathetic than an Atheist?
You

submitting OC

Wait, isn't this related

>Cred Forums - Television & Film
>Rick & Marty appears in television
This is totally related

is rick and morty secretly a christian show?

>Cred Forums - Comics & Cartoons
>Rick & Marty is a cartoon
This is totally related

What do you think?

>listening to fairy tales

Thus, a good man, though a slave, is free; but a wicked man, though a king, is a slave. For he serves, not one man alone, but what is worse, as many masters as he has vices.

I TURNED MYSELF INTO A WORM DUNCAN
I'M WORM LETOOOOOOO

nihilist

>LOOK MORTY, I TURNED MYSELF INTO A FAGGOT
>I'M FAGGOT RICK

>LOOK MORTY, I TURNED MYSELF INTO A SPORTS REVOLUTIONARY
>I'M KAPER-RICK!

youtube.com/watch?v=2lcZQKDu5rY

>mfw I was an unironic atheist back when I was 17

Good thing I discovered rebbit back then which completely turned me off it

Yeah hypocrite troll "theists"

Rick isn't a nihilist. He's a positive absurdist.

By this logic there should be no Cred Forums or Cred Forums boards

>Is there anything more pathetic than an Atheist?
Pretty much anyone who declares that their version of something entirely unprovable is indisputably the correct one.

I TURNED MYSELF INTO A BOARD GAME, MORTY. I'M BOARD GAME RIIIIIIICK!

He got good sense of humor too

But manga and comic books aren't always animated. In fact the vast majority aren't.

What you guys are complaining about are antitheists and gnostic atheists.

Agnostic atheists are perfectly reasonable people.

I personally am an agnostic theist; meaning I don't abide by any beliefs and I don't know if God is real, but I consider it perfectly feasible for deities or a deity to exist in some form out there, given the multiple infinite facets of reality. Even if time isn't infinite, meta time is.

archive.fo/ebQDa
how the fuck did justin get away with this in the metoo era?

This. I'm an agnostic atheist because why bother endlessly speculating about reality after death when the only way to find out is by actually dying. Whenever someone asks me what I think what happens after death I always say I don't know or care and will consider it after croaking. It's such a drag.

If it's a shitpost or meme it belongs on Cred Forums

no

For real. And people say you can't have any meaningful code of ethics without a religion or god, but I think Buddha's core teachings are just one of many examples proving that wrong. He said not to worry about things you can't know. And this is just my interpretation, but I think he would sooner advocate you being your own man than proselytizing his teachings.

Being agnostic is awesome because we get to pick and choose what feels right to us, and we can read and learn about other religions and myths without our group calling us heretics.

Someone took the time to do this.

>Disregards use of parables for educational purposes
What a fag, don't forget to tip your hat on the way out.

>willing to listen to the Christian side?

There is no "Christian side". You're a fucking clown.

People larping christians on Cred Forums while thinking it was always like this. One of the most obvious ways to spot a newfag.

Parables for when procreation and securing land was key. It's an outdated contradictory mess.

Given the recent flood of immigration that dodge and circumvent the legal channels I would suggest it may be more relevant with so many offers of amnesty getting floated, even more so when you compare relative birth rates within homogeneous groups. Hint, there's 2 that float close to 1:1

Parables are useful for people who struggle with literalism. That's why certain Buddhists teach beginners and children parables. However, they do not try to obfuscate the literalism, and try to teach the literalism either in tandem with, or shortly after, the parables.

Whereas for many Abrahamic religions, the parables are taught as-is; that is, they take the parables as literal examples of metaphysics, instead of telling everyone that they are just metaphors for practical, real things.

Teaching kids that Jesus literally rose from the dead and literally broke the laws of thermodynamics and that bread and wine literally becomes flesh and blood if you believe hard enough --- is just bad teaching. It's why kids will let themselves be pushed down flights of stairs because their older siblings tell them that God won't let them fall if they believe hard enough, and then telling them that their souls are dirty and their faith is impure because God didn't catch them.

If you want to teach the metaphysical aspects of the Bible, it would only be appropriate by teaching it side-by-side with academic contentions. Like, Jesus was probably a real man with real followers and really was a controversial figure in his time --- but don't try to bend and break the scientific method saying that his miracles definitely happened exactly as they were told.

Teach kids the differences between objectivity and subjectivity. Teach them how to appropriately balance their faith with the falsifiable approach to reality.

I only started believing in God when I felt free to make up my own mind about things. The Christian community I grew up around did nothing but make me spiteful of God. It was only through a personal relationship that I was able to live in peace with the possibility of an Almighty.

I sincerely believe that God wants me to live my life without worrying about things like an afterlife or faith in him. He is not an egotistical or jealous entity like the Bible insists.

>caring about the existence of a creator when it's likely something you couldn't ever comprehend anyway
>joining a religion
Athiests, theists and agnostics are pleb as fuck. Not giving a fuck and gigglin in secret at how dumb everyone is is the only option. I'm literally homer on a couch levitating across the universe propelled by waves of stupidity because everyone is stupid but me.

lol fag

Kind of the point I was making. I grew up going to a Catholic school, they made it clear what the purpose of the stories were to teach a lesson, not as an actual event. I almost feel like people only think of Evangelist sects when they bring it up, not to say there arn't mainstream priests that do the same. If the Vatican would open thier library to some scholars I'm sure it would be pretty great.

You do know that not giving a fuck IS agnosticism, right?

>thinking there are two and only two "sides" to every issue in life
>being this brainwashed by American "news"

I don't know. But believing that being atheist is the "scientific way" is totally retarded. Scientists can't disprove god due to goal moving christians. And although its true that the burden of proof is the claimers duty, religion has shaped our society and is part of our culture, so you can't say "lmao prove that unicorns exist!" anymore.

Yeah that's entirely valid. I don't mean to say "all Christians"; just relating what I grew up with.

Like I really like listening to rabbis talk because they will often try to explain things in practical, realistic terms.

The caveat here is that this might lead to purely materialistic values, but that's only if they don't teach the importance of things like empathy, altruism, and community. Explaining why altruism helps you in this life is far better than telling you it only matters in a hypothetical next life.

I think the new term for that is apatheism. Seriously look this shit up on Wikipedia, they have a breakdown of like thirty different perspectives that are independent of the religions built upon them.

I agree. Atheism is only defensible in the context of being an agnostic-atheist. Atheists who claim they just know, are as bad as theists who claim they just know.

Freaky alien genotypes.

Love triggering christcucks and fence-sitting "agnostics" online. Best part is I happily enjoy all those christcuck holidays and fucking christcuck women. Nothing more amazing than going balls-deep into cross-wearing whore, while their "men" can't even satisfy them. The local church thinks I am the standard model christian.

lmao

I LIKE KNOWING WHEN I'M BURNING IN ETERNAL HELL THAT I DID IT BECAUSE OF A CARTOON FOR MAN CHILDREN!

atheism and agnosticism are not mutually exclusive because they are response to belief and knowledge. Most people are agnostic theists and the rest tend to be agnostic atheists
apatheism is a type of atheism that essentially goes "I don't know, therefore I don't believe, and I wouldn't even care if it were true."

>listening to Christians

atheism is based

As a Christian myself, I will openly admit that I respect the perspective of people like Christopher Hitchens a lot more than entry level atheist idiots.

I've seen this before.

>godless heathen

That's a literal oxymoron you monotheist judeo-abrahamist soylord

We have way more gods than you do, and unlike your desert yahweh shitter they're actually the gods of our own race, aka they actually care about us

I TURNED MYSELF INTO A WORM, I'M WORM TREMERE

Aka the gods who got btfo by a desert jew god on their own territory

We're still trying to procreate and own land you moron.