Man of Steel

> The world, I believe, is not constructed so that it presents us with perfect choices. I’d joined the military, in part, because I saw that to protect the innocent, we have to be willing to fight. It is also true, however, that for all the warrior’s discipline, when we pick up the sword, innocents will suffer… My own experiences in Rwanda, in Iraq, and elsewhere had not made me a militarist or a pacifist, or any kind of ‘ist.’ I knew that the world would continue to require us to make hard decisions about when we draw the sword and I’d seen that the use of force was both necessary and imperfect. There is no school of thought that can save us from the simple fact that hard decisions are best made by good people, and that the best people can only be shaped by hard experience.

The Heart and the Fist: The education of a humanitarian, the making of a Navy SEAL by Eric Greitens

>Even if I am committed to nonviolence, I may find myself in a situation where I am not able to find a creative, third way, and must choose between the lesser of two violences, two guilts. Even then, however, it is not a question of justifying the violence. I simply must, as Bonhoeffer did, take on myself the guilt and cast myself on the mercy of God. But in a situation of extreme oppression, it is far better that we act violently than let our fear of sin and guilt paralyze us into no act at all. I cannot even be sure that my nonviolent acts are just, or right, or willed by God.

Jesus and Nonviolence: A Third Way by Walter Wink

>The issue is not, ‘What must I do in order to secure my salvation?’ but rather, ‘What does God require of me in response to the needs of others?’ It is not, ‘How can I be virtuous?’ But, ‘How can I participate in the struggle of the oppressed for a more just world?’ Otherwise our nonviolence is premised on the self-justifying attempts to establish our own purity in the eyes of God, others, and ourselves, and that is nothing less than a satanic temptation to die with clean hands and a dirty heart.

Jesus and Nonviolence: A Third Way by Walter Wink

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY DIDNT ZOD GO TO MARS

The leader of all superheroes and the beacon of leadership should be tested through trials that prove him such a leader. In both MoS and BvS he undergoes various tests that ultimately proves him as the true hero. First, taking a life to save the lives of millions of others. The second, taking your own life to save the lives of billions of others. Superman undergoes the most extreme of tests and comes out morally triumphant from those.

I don't get people that say this
Are they trying to be retarded?

Yea basically . I mean you could basically say that about every comic book villian.
>why doesn't zemo just blow up a building with the avengers in it
Because then there wouldn't be a movie

I guess they could have said something about how the kryptoformer machine worked better on planets with organic matter already on it as all their other colonies died. In that if they went to mars it would take years but on earth it would be a matter of days.
Though really zod didn't care (humans posed no threat) and he hated Superman because of Joe-El.

Zod even says the foundations of Krypton has to be built on something.

People just dont know what terraforming is.
It means that moon needs to gain a lot of mass to be like crypton. More mass = morepowerful magnetic field. THat mean earth is fucked up anyway. Plus Moon dont have size.
Also people dont know that for planet to be habitable It need have definite distance from sun.
Any such interference in our solar system WILL fucked everything up. Totally.

Absolutely agree with this. He's also tje sacrifice that heralded the Heroic Age kicking into full swing. I love the shot in BvS in the missile bunker, where the closing doors read:

"Welcome to the Next Level"

That's where we were at that point of the heroe's journey - the transition from normal world to special world.

The terraforming seved two purposes. To make Earth like Krypton and to kill us off in the process. Zod looked at Earth life as wasted biomass. In religious terms, he was going to be the alien culture who "converted" us in the most literal way possible.

MoS is redpilled af

It really is. The whole terraforming thing was from an old storyline back in the early 90s where a Kryptonian AI came to Earth to do the same sort of thing.

just looking at the pics it's insane how much of a downgrade there is between this first film and JL who was supposed to be an even bigger deal
I really wonder what they were thinking

They fell for the "We need to copycat Marlel" meme.

>man made out of steel
>jet fuel melts him
brilliant

Thanks Joss!

because then the avengers would be martyrs

Even through my anger, I still find this shit funny.

Look, i kinda lost my hope in this franchise after Man of Steel (which i liked overall) - and i am not even a big fan of the latest DC movies, but despite all that, it still blows my fucking mind that the lip thing happened. I can't imagine their thought process on this. It loos so horrible that i feel like that ruined the movie for me alone. All the other shit was bearable and normal superhero movie shit. But jesus christ that lip...

I think it gave us a good insight to how incompetent and clueless WB execs are without directors to do the job for them. It's a wonder BvS even got made with those retarded execs hanging over you constantly demanding inane shit.

Or it really is the most expensive, most meta act of trolling in movie history. Even more than the subtle "4UCIA" in BvS.

what's the reference then?
>tfw too dumb for DCinéma

>it still blows my fucking mind that the lip thing happened
???

4UCIA was Snyder's meta narrative. This is WB's incompetence.

Henry Cavill grew a moustache for MI:6 and his contract forbade him from shaving it so WB had to digitally remove it from Whedon's footage in post. So in all the scenes from the reshoots Superman looks like Bizarro.

Yet MoS was shit.

Fanboys wanted a Mary Sue with a smile plastered on his face, so that’s what they gave us. A fake Superman with a fake smile.

With Darkseid as a backseat driver.

I still say that Superman returns when Snyder does. If he doesn’t return, well, this is the future we collectively demanded. Bought and paid for.

Kevin Costner is the only weak point in this kino.
Prove me wrong.

Justice league made less money than the following movies
>Beauty and the Beast (2017 film)
>Despicable Me 3
>Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
>Thor: Ragnarok
>Wonder Woman (2017 film)
>Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
>Wolf Warrior 2
>It
>Kong: Skull Island
>Logan
>Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
>The Fate of the Furious
>War for the Planet of the Apes
>every mcu movie except The Incredible Hulk
>almost every big movie in 2017
*also the upcoming mi movie

No, he's good. Russel Crowe on the other hand sucked. The guy clearly didn't give a shit.

how much are you getting paid for this you disneycuck? dc will destroy your mcu with aquaman

>A fake Superman with a fake smile.
That's a good turn of phrase. I'll have to remember that.

Joss isn't a director that's why

Sure

I get it OP. But Im affraid MoS haters won't even read it. And if they would, their tiny brains might not even comprehend it. Draw the sword on them.

Thanks. I really do want to believe this is all some protracted, ridiculously expensive artistic statement on the subjects of escapism and hero worship.

Time will tell.

The good man, though a slave, is free; the wicked, though he reigns, is a slave, and not the slave of a single man, but what is worse the slave of as many masters as he has vices.

Whedon is the Kinkade to Snyder's Caravaggio.

applying the sentiments of weak and frail humans to superman is idiotic, thus why no one liked MoS except retards.

@94813139
nice meme to get (you)s

this is the type of shit people come up with to rationalize their failures despite trying to the best of their ability.

Superman has no upper limit to his ability. If he fails he can try harder and have a proportionate effect to the amount of additional effort he exerts. Trying to humanize a character like this is just turning him into a whining faggot. It's like watching a billionaire complain about how expensive things are.

But where does that potential come from? It’s not always true in the comics, but it’s very strongly suggested by the events and dialogue of the film that Superman’s limits are where he believes them to be. If you’re blind to the power of that message, I genuinely do feel sorry for you.

this used to be the superior cinematic universe lads
what went so wrong

>Superman’s limits are where he believes them to be
>JUST LIKE ME

Human limits are very clearly defined and quite restrictive. This does not apply to superman. The problem with trying to apply this message to superman is superman has no reason to think he has limits.

They hired zack snyder.

∆ ∆

Literal plebs happened

The infantilization of entertainment cannot be stopped.

entertainment is, by definition, infantalization.

I unironically believe Snyder is aiming for something too far beyond the average cinema audience. His ambition is impressive. He just needs to be paired with someone who can actually produce a great fucking script based on his ideas. Only then will we achieve true capekino.

You don't get better than Terrio. He wrote a good script. The problem with BvS was that they cut the wrong scenes for the Theatrical version. The TC needed to keep the Superman/Lois scenes and delete the JL teases. And preferrably a good chunk of Diana's scenes aswell. I'm guessing Snyder was blocked from studio side to cut these scenes from the mass audiences.

And what makes you think Zod and his dumb fellow Kryptonians would stay there and not come back to Earth? Once again after exhausting their natural resources and dooming another planet?

I'll have to disagree. Terrio's script was okay, but a great script is more tightly written and doesn't encourage immediate questions from the audience.

> Why did Superman and not Wonderwoman attack Doomsday?

There's no immediately accessible reason in the film for this, to give one example. It asks us to ignore an obvious question due to the emotional weight and it doesn't work.

> Why did Bats steal Kryptonite off screen after going through a murder spree to get it?

> Why did Lois try to retrieve the Kryptonite spear despite throwing it in the water and not knowing it would be effective against Doomsday?

> Why doesn't Clark lead quickly with the most relevant information before they fight?

These are questions a basic film goer would ask. The fact that they ask these questions means they aren't able to interact philosophically with the film. The core elements are still being questioned.

>billionaire who acts cheap
So like internationally beloved cartoon character Scrooge McDuck? Nice way to lose the argument
Read pre crisis Superman comics before you mouth off about the character again

Shakespeare is infantile ?