Has there ever been anything like it on TV?

Has there ever been anything like it on TV?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JHTD3tc8d_U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You mean tv shows that started out promising but got worse the longer they were on air?

Yeah, a lot of shit exists on television over the years

is S2 worth it?

I thought it was pretty good. Season three is where it fell off for me

Season 3 was great, my dude
S3 > S2 > S1 unless you haven’t seen American Psycho and Fight Club

Honestly no, I don’t know of any show that has such misanthropy and depression and criticism of society so centrally depicted that attempts such a grand story or borrows so liberally from modern sources in an attempt to give voice to the millennial id

I don't see why people claim it isn't.
It's a very character-focused season, but even if you don't like how they handle Eliot for most of it, you still have all of the other characters out in the world.

I liked it just as much as S1.
It's really not that bad when you don't have to wait a week between episodes.
And whatever you think of S2, S3 makes watching it worth it.

It’s a pleb filter, like S2 of The Wire

>“This is boring, where are all the black gangbangers?”
>”This is boring, where are all the 1337 hack montages?”

Ziggy and Dom are God-tier characters that nerds watching shows for the wrong reason never had the patience for

S3 was better than 1 and 2

Mr Robot is straight up Kino
youtube.com/watch?v=JHTD3tc8d_U

if you didn't like s1, should you keep watching s2 and s3?

i watched the first couple of episodes in s2 and stopped

Did you not like what you saw of S2?
All of the seasons are quite different, but f you didn't like S1 and didn't seem to like S2 then it's hardly worth continuing.
Even if you were to think S3 is amazing, is it really worth watching a show you'll mostly dislike?
For the record, I think S3 is the best season as well - but I loved all the seasons.

S1 > S3 > S2

is mr 'robot' referring to r9k?

You tell me

>i have crippling social anxiety
>i also have sex with a cutie drug dealer
The math is way off

Season 3 completely backtracks on all of that though. They baited all of the disgruntled millenials out there for 2 seasons and then swiftly bitchslapped them with the cold realisation that resistance of the system is futile.

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO its supposed to be our secret club!!

S2 was all about how their actions didn't help the people they wanted to help, and that it brought nothing but chaos.
S3 was more Elliot accepting that his actions fucked everything up and that he wants to get things back to the way they were before - which is impossible.

It owes a lot to Utopia

did anyone even bother with s4?

this

I've never heard of that, and I'm from the UK. Is it good?

the URL in the address bar is all wrong

yup

Legion

S1 is literally the only good season of this show.

I disagree. In season 2 there was still a lot of scope to be hopeful that the revolution might eventually succeed. Elliot had taken himself out of the picture, so there was always the possibility that when he returned he might continue the work that he started. Darlene was pretty convinced that if they managed to completely undermine faith in E-Corp that they could build a better society out of the rubble. When Elliot finally came back it was revealed that there was another phase to the original plan still to come.

It was only during Elliot's monologue early in season 3 as well as the developing thread about White Rose having manipulated Elliot all along that the series makes clear to the viewer that it's not about revolution at all, but the naivety of revolutionaries to not see that their cause is just another commodity to be traded by the only people with any real control.

Place your bets, how much of a mess is S4 going to be?

>Darlene was pretty convinced that if they managed to completely undermine faith in E-Corp that they could build a better society out of the rubble.
Darlene was in denial - Romero, Trenton and Mobley all realised they never should have done it. Cisco makes Darlene realise the situation they've gotten themselves in IRC.
Elliot's monologue was him accepting that he'd fucked up, and the people he tried to take down have twisted the 'revolution' into profit. He then sets out to try and stop stage 2. The later half of the season is Elliot trying to bring back things to where they were before the hack, but that's no longer possible (which the post-credit scene in the finale makes abundantly clear).
Obviously there's plenty of other examples. You're not wrong about season 3 - but I thought it was pretty clear that the other characters (who at least weren't Elliot) had realised their actions were nothing more than a mistake.

What a leet hacker, sitting on the main page of Cred Forums

Why would it be a mess? I thought Sam had the whole show planned out.

shes a giant ho. she died cuz of it

Not really keen on believing he long since planned to bring fucking Vera back, but maybe.

>planned to bring fucking Vera back, but maybe
Admittedly it's come a long time afterwards, but I was expecting Vera to show up throughout season 2.
Back in season 1, I'm pretty sure he tells Elliot their paths will cross again.

Put it this way, it may be mediocre but it builds up to season 3 which is fucking perfect and better than season 1 by far

>Redditors actually still think time travel is really happening

Loving every laugh

Ima hug you when I see you Elliot.

It's probable as in what Angela is obsessed with, and the fucking Back to The Future References, but it's all Whiterose just mindfucking everyone to get loyalty. There is no time travel, its just a facade

/thread

>Name a cuter actor than Rami

You can't

I'm sure theres lots of anime like it.

season 1 yes
onwards - no
season 3 has too much drumpf shit, like really it's not even subtle. esmail hate for trump has killed this show.

Honestly this would get grief if they decided to show Reddit instead. The autism is unwarranted.

>season 3 has too much drumpf shit
>screentime dedicated to him is less than 2 minutes.

I really like him in The Pacific.

>the russians unironically hacked the election, IT WAS HER TURN
>drumpf actually being involved in the plot at all

shut up esmail.

christ, you are fragile

Yes, there's been lots of garbage on TV.

Bro the end of the 1st episode ended off with essentially an anti-trump rant I didn't even watch this season. Fuck that noise

yeah that fucking rant was pure cringe. can't believe esmail actually did this
>drumpf is not involved or mentioned in any way during season 1 and 2
>suddenly white rose talks about him and all "the russians" hacked the election

I'm not fragile, it's a legitimate problem with the show.

>yeah that fucking rant was pure cringe.
That rant is key to the show and is about how Elliot is to blame for the mess his world is currently in.
>all "the russians" hacked the election
What? You are aware that there hasn't been an election yet, in universe?

???

He never mentioned the Russian connection.

>Unaccurate hacking shit from episode 1
>Normies still praise it

keep dying esmail, this shit is getting pathetic at this point.

what something that starts out with a little promise that ends up boring and unfocused, that's upwards of 90% of television dramas

Snafu a cute

Honestly, this pseudo-intellectual show was like nothing I've ever watched. It'a absolute trash that tries so incredibly hard it's endearing. Each episode shows that the directors and writers are creatively bankrupt and yet they continue. Its stellar how such a brain dead show could enjoy such praise and fandom.

Twists, "mysteries", gimmicks, inconsequential narratives and a loose interpretation of "hacking" don't make for a great show.

I thank god every day that I wasn't born with a small enough number of brain cells to enjoy this content without irony. It constantly challenges the viewer in its simplicity, promises and lack of a commitment to anything but the next surprise. Not in any form of intellectual discourse as its fans seem to believe. It's marinated in cliche, fried in shlock and still tastes raw to any patrician.

If you enjoy this show I must respectfully ask you to reconsider your ability to subjectively assess anything. It's trash.

I have full faith that the type who enjoys this show is a simpleton of the highest order; a low IQ, simplistic mongoloid plebian.

I hope you find peace in death. Seek it soon.

He's one of those guys who are very good but will never break big. Maybe it's for the better.

I wish that it was otherwise, but it's true and you're right. Some people shouldn't be too famous and just cater to a specific niche.

he's gonna get a lot bigger after the freddie documentary comes out

FPBP

The appeal of Dom is that she's the only sane person on the show. Her tirade at the end of season three basically summed it up, in that she's the only person with proper motives and caring about doing the right thing, while everyone else is fucking up the whole world from reasons ranging from petty, to narcissistic, to pure evil.

The return of Vera itself kind of reads of the writers doing one of two things:

1. They didn't know if season four was going to happen (the show's renewal has been happening one season at a time) and had to come up with a cliffhanger for season three

2. They need another filler plotline like the prison storyline, to pad out the season and drag out the main plotline in terms of Whiterose and her scheme. Elliot versus Vera makes more sense, since there is a hook to it (Vera did murder Elliot's drug dealer/girlfriend)

Either way, I fully expect season four to continue the snail pace for the main plotlines and spend most of it on Elliot avenging his dead girlfriend/fuck buddy/dope peddler.

I watched the first 3 episodes but I didn't like it all that much. And I can't stop seeing Elliot as Snafu

>main character looks like pepe the frog
>has autism
99% sure r9k was the inspiration but Esmail fucked up by making him have sex in literally the first ep

Whoops, I meant biopic

He was more of an /x/phile in the first script.

Lol no. S3 decent but the finale was extremely underwhelming.