Only the Brave

>entire board is filled with threads about capeshit, celebrity gossip while 5% are about movies and shows

God fucking dammit Cred Forums, get your shit together. Just saw this movie and really liked it. Wondered whether anyone else saw it because apparently, this one flew below the radar. What did you think of it?

Love seeing movies based on real people but this one was especially endearing to watch considering what happens at the end

I fucking hate Miles Teller.

I wish we could talk about television/movies again too. But that's not going to happen because imdb shutting down caused all those retards to come here, and all they want to constantly spam about is whatever is being highly marketed right now.

FBPB

Seriously, dude's a faggot.

wasn't anything great within the movie itself
>we fire bros we look afta each other
>we hotshots now
>granite mountain huurah bro
>need to take care of my baby bro/clean myself up

feel bad for the real life firemen that lost their lives and their families though.

what do you mean by "imdb shutting down" ?
its still up

He probably means the message board. They got rid of it.

>endearing to watch considering what happens at the end

me too. he was pretty good in this movie though. don't know how accurately he represented the actual guy in real life but I liked the character overall. the acting in this was pretty top notch. maybe the actors gave their best considering who they were portraying

at least people were able to go to the specific movies on IMDB in order to have the discussions. it's a shame IMDB made up some stupid excuse for not hosting the servers anymore. pathetic fucks

well the movie just tried its best at retelling what happened to some degree. can't make up some imaginary bullshit if you're trying to base a story on real life characters
>feel bad for the real life firemen that lost their lives and their families though.
yeah, the ending was horrible to watch. the mini bus scene with teller was pretty hard to swallow but the school scene immediately got me when he went in there only to discover that basically every single family was sad to see him instead of their loved ones. can't imagine how that must have felt irl

i thought it was funny how they kept doing the timed drills to cover themselves in the fire blankets, but but in the end they ended up getting burnt to death anyway

the message board. the official reasoning was people not being social enough while discussing stuff

well, I was referring to the team building/spirit thing they had going on. doesn't happen a lot these days. in most movies, you don't really get the feeling that the characters should like each other but they definitely made it work in this one

shittiest flick I've ever seen
turned it off when the old faggot started singing a country song. super gay

yeah, what the fuck was that anyway? I thought those shitty things were specifically designed to repel fire or something and it didn't work at all. what's the point of using them if they aren't of any help whatsoever when there's actual fire around?

this was just so fucking grim

the temperature was significantly higher than the blankets could handle, hence why they failed.

Any movie with this kike faggot is AT BEST a 5/10

I watched it without knowing the events it was based on, the ending hit me hard. I'm a sucker for firefighter films anyway

They aren't designed to protect against direct contact with flames for any lengthy period of time, they're a last resort tool. The wall of fire went right over them.

It felt like one of those overly romantic sport movies where the underdog team gets a new coach.
It was okay, but not something I'd remember.

Quick flashovers, not sustained fire for long periods of time.

It reminded me too much of Lone Survivor where they felt like they needed to Hollywood it too much. They make them out to be badasses for an hour and a half just to cover them essentially fucking up in the end.

I heard this movie was good; I was gonna make a thread asking about it but I forgot. It is kinda strange that you can already pirate it and yet this is still only like the second thread I've ever seen about it on Cred Forums

They're designed for small grassfires, not fuck huge motherfucking deathblazes
They all knew they were going to die, it was bleak

what, faggot? this board has been shit long before the imdb message boards were removed

>It felt like one of those overly romantic sport movies where the underdog team gets a new coach.
that was the interesting thing considering how it ended, it might feel cliche but that stuff actually happened, it built you up and ripped your guts out in a really underplayed scene where they just find them

so you stuck through half of the movie till you decided it wasn't worth a watch? that's pretty stupid

yeah, I figured but if they're not able to handle that temperature, they're not made to withstand fire anyway

that sucks. the government should do a lot better and put a lot more money into designing that shit

nigger

people here never discuss regular movies. mostly, it takes a movie to be fantasy, sci fi, or some other mainstream shit to make a thread. that's why I made it in the first place. you should definitely check it out. not 100% accurate of the real life thing but a lot of stuff is

imagine being on the scene and finding all of them, goddamn

The fire at the end was being fueled by so much wind that the temperatures skyrocketed. The real life team that went up there to look for bodies found next to nothing, implying the fire was so hot for so long there bodies burned away to nothing.

>that sucks. the government should do a lot better and put a lot more money into designing that shit
It's not technically feasible, I mean it's just a fucking bag it's not the governments fault

>Wondered whether anyone else saw it because apparently, this one flew below the radar
It's a Taylor Kitsch movie

You expect this movie to not FLOP? Are you new or something.

yeah, I guess. they would have died from a lack of oxygen anyway I guess. I doubt that putting your face in mud helps for that long

If you can make kevlar vests and fucking robots, I guess there is at least some kind of way to design proper fire repelling materials too

kek, was he actually in any movie that was critically well received AND successful at the box office? dude can't catch a single break

>If you can make kevlar vests and fucking robots, I guess there is at least some kind of way to design proper fire repelling materials too
That's just not how it works user

How was jennifer Connelly?

much to hot for the role she was cast in

Yeah, I also had no idea about original events, so the ending was pretty unexpected