Race relations fixed?

When the CIA agent took a bullet for a black woman, and black panther took him to Wakanda, was this to signify the healing of race relations between the whites and the blacks?

left the theater with a greater understanding of black people man, knowing that race is not what matters, but actions are

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hjm4JzdI6L4
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everett_K._Ross
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it was a plot point made for the sole reason to have Martin Freeman in Wakanda. Because he is
- famous actor
- non-black. the same way you have a black token character, here you needed one white token character because you absolutely under all circumstances have to be diverse, duh.
- an outsider, character used to explain plot to the audience

>hi, i just woke up from a life-threatening injury, so - what are those trains and how do they work
>well, Morgan Freeman character, here is how those trains work...

>token white characters
the new norm kek
we live in an upside down world now

If all black people acted like the good guy blacks in this movie I would be so happy.

The character of Everett K Ross was literally created (by black writer Christopher Priest) as a way for white people to be comfortable reading his Black Panther run because he and Marvel didn't think white people were there yet, able to enjoy a story full of black characters.

>[...] Lastly, I told them we needed a point of view character: someone who could validate the fears and presumptions of white superhero fans who’d surely be reluctant to buy a “black” book.

>I had sometime before created this character, an attaché (i.e. diplomatic flunky/babysitter) over Ka-Zar and had modeled him roughly after Michael J. Fox and Matthew Perry. I thought somebody like that might make a great point of view character for Panther.

>The character of Everett K Ross was literally created (by black writer Christopher Priest) as a way for white people to be comfortable reading his Black Panther run because he and Marvel didn't think white people were there yet, able to enjoy a story full of black characters.

When will we get back to a state where no-one gives a fuck what race anyone is?

>get back
When were we ever at this state?

I want her to fix me.

das rite whiteboy get used to it

did get it right, if you woke up you would think Wakanda tech is magic too because how can blacks develop such tech?
90s, at least from what I remember, then again you couldn't watch fights in hd and all that security cam footage so it wasn't as easy to see the race war

please tell me this is a photoshopped image, because the shape of her head can't actually be this weird.. I mean wtf is even going on, how can a human head be that shape?!

When the left stops playing identity politics.

Kilmonger did nothing wrong. I have to hand it to the jews, this really is the perfect propaganda movie.

>constantly referring to Martin Freeman, a 50-year-old man with grey hair, as "white boy" and "colonizer."
>clearly this is meant to help race relations, not further divide the white race with the colored subhumans

>When were we ever at this state?

80s/90s
People were just cast in roles because they were the best actor for the role. No-one gave a shit about quotas or this creepy fascination with "diversity". It wasn't an issue (unless of course the role was race-related).

it's Wakandan flirting , she wanted the BWC

>ugh martin freeman was in Black Panther, here's why it was wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=hjm4JzdI6L4

>race is not what matters, but actions are
What if they’re related?

He was also used to portray Whites as diminutive and unmasculine. It’s perfect casting, because he’s an Anglo, but he isn’t very manly-looking or cool. He played a hobbit ffs

>Great, another broken jigaboo for me to fix. This is going to be fun.

what did Tony Stark mean by this?

das raaciisss

You were just too young to realize it, and probably see that media through nostalgia goggles now.

Watch Jurassic Park, where the two good-guy computer experts are 1) Black and 2) a teenage girl. The White male computer guy is a disgusting pig, and evil to boot.

And the geneticist dude was Asian. Certainly these were all conscious decisions in casting.

Everett Ross in a supporting character of Black Panther

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everett_K._Ross

What about Bucky/Winter Soldier?

Can’t tell if serious. He only made a cameo for MCU purposes.

Yeah, but that's the exact same reason why he was in the comics. As a PoV character for white people.

This board flips out anytime there’s a black person in a movie or tv show

We've literally never, in all of human history, been cool with other races.

you're white

I'm not upset that he's a white token character, I'm just upset at how lazily heroic his character was written to be.

Literally no one wants to see that. If you meet a White person who says that they do, they are lying or mentally ill.

Best friend vs stranger...
user, I think it might be a bit different.

HOO HOO HOO HOO
YOU CANNOT TALK

Did anyone else who saw this movie see her as pure waifu status? or was that just me?

What are you gonna do, vegetarian?

But seriously, what was his motivation to take a bullet for Nakia? Oh, none? Just an easy way to get him into Wakanda? That checks out.

Shuri never needed to go outside with those hulk hands. She should've shot down the wasp ships herself, because of the lack of "relationship" we get to develop with Ross, him shooting down the ships felt very meh. T'Challa's turning point probably would've been even stronger if it was NAKIA who was about to be killed by Killmonger. It would've been a huge turning point in their relationship as well, because it didn't get a chance to develop during the movie at all. Such a huge ball dropped in that whole scene.

But in reality, the White man would be fixing up a Black man’s bullet wound, while the Black woman berates the White man.

Both of the writers were Black.

Fucking imagine what the script looked like before Disney called half-a-dozen Jews to touch it up.